Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread (6222 Views)

Unimed,ondo Aspirant Thread 2017 / Atbu 2017/2018 Aspirant Thread / 2017/2018 Uniben Utme Aspirant Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 8:10am On Feb 25, 2016
For the many who are interested in patronizing Nigeria for their Postgraduate education, I will be posting different school admission requirements as at 2015, I believe there won't be much significant difference from last year requirement to this years own except in cases of new program being added to the existing one.

In summary we can reasonably use that of 2015 as a guide. I will of course start with my alma mater, the almighty University of Ibadan.

cc fynestboi lalasticlala
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 8:18am On Feb 25, 2016
The PG school, University Of Ibadan (UI) invites all suitably qualified candidates for admission into the various programmes provided by the school. POSTGRADUATE (PG) ADMISSIONS A. Full-Time Admission: Admission into full time programme can be offered to students/candidates who are not employed, or candidates released by their employers to undertake full-time studies. False declaration on the ground above will attract withdraw from the University. B. Part-Time Admission: Admission may be possible for part-time candidates, if they are staff (academic) of the University or can satisfy the Postgraduate School that facilities for their work as part-time students is in place. evidence of release by employers may be required by the school of PG, U.I . C. Occasional Students: Suitably qualified Candidates who are recommended by The Faculty, Postgraduate Committee may be admitted as occasional students. These candidates may not posses a degree of the University of Ibadan. This type of admission is also open to candidates registered for higher degrees of other Universities, recognised by Senate. APPLICATION FORMS Please visit www.pgschool.ui.edu.ng for procedure for obtaining Application Forms. Application forms for academic programmes; N15,000 Application forms for professional programmesN18,000. Candidates applying for the degree of Master and Postgraduate Diploma are to make an extra payment of N2,500 for test of proficiency in English Language. FILLING THE APPLICATION FORMS (a) All application forms are to be submitted on- line. Applicants are to approach any of the Banks listed on the invoice. Note that E-channels are available at GTB and Skye Bank PLC. (b) Incomplete information from an applicant may delay or halt action on such application. (c) A candidate may apply to only one department or programme. (d) Applicants are to upload their relevant credentials and submit along with their application electronically (e) Acknowledgement of Application: Applicants would be informed electronically (through the e mail addresses provided in the electronically filled Application form) of progress in the processing of their forms. (f) Letters of Recommendation: The Postgraduate School, University of Ibadan, requires three letters of recommendation from faculty members or others well acquainted with the student’s academic work. Please note that the referee forms are available online, to be completed and submitted electronically. (g) Transcripts/Certificates: Official transcripts of all degrees completed are to be mailed to the Postgraduate School. If the Registrar of an applicant’s University will provide an official copy to the School directly, applicants must enclose along with the application an unofficial or student’s copy of the transcript for temporary reference. To prevent delays, applicants should make adequate arrangements with their Registrars to provide transcripts before the stipulated deadline.
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 8:19am On Feb 25, 2016
Click on this link to download UI PG Admission guide

http://pgschool.ui.edu.ng/images/form/CURRENT%20ADMISSION%20GUIDE%201516.pdf
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 8:22am On Feb 25, 2016
Unto the next one which is the school I would have loved to be for my second degree but due to it being in a disadvantaged town, I have to opt for the disorganized over populated maulag.
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 8:32am On Feb 25, 2016
Obafemi Awolowo University Postgraduate application and admission. follow this link.

http://apply.oaunetque.com/Information.aspx

http://apply.oaunetque.com/files/advert.pdf

We know the shortcoming of Oau is that they don't start on time, but the quality of education offered by the skul can only be surpassed by the one offered by that of UI.
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by babyfaceafrica: 8:33am On Feb 25, 2016
ibadanfinest:
Unto the next one which is the school I would have loved to be for my second degree but due to it being in a disadvantaged town, I have to opt for the disorganized over populated maulag.
which one is diorganized?...and please what do you mean by populated '''maulag''?
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by Taiwo20(m): 8:34am On Feb 25, 2016
Patiently and religiously following...
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 8:42am On Feb 25, 2016
When some were saying Unilag is school of first choice, I told them, this is temporarily, now it has come to pass as more Jambites choose Unilorin, uniben and unn more than Unilag.

As at last year unilag PG was 22500 I expect the price to still remain constant or at most increased to 25k.

for admission requirements, follow this link

http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng/prospectivestudents.php
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 8:44am On Feb 25, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
which one is diorganized?...and please what do you mean by populated '''maulag''?

Over populated school, maulag is the rejected name given to Unilag by the federal govt.
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by babyfaceafrica: 8:47am On Feb 25, 2016
ibadanfinest:

Over populated school, maulag is the rejected name given to Unilag by the federal govt.
that's insultive..if you don't like the school ...its fine.....some people don't like harvard too
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 8:51am On Feb 25, 2016
Let's leave oduduwa state for now and move to the state of those who claim they are the one feeding the nation, I used to agree though until oil becomes $30 pee barrel.

UNIVERSITY of BENIN

As at last year, I think they are the first to sell PG form, Which Ilorin follow suit or vice versa.

Applications are invited from suitably qualified
candidates to the University of Benin (UNIBEN)
postgraduate programmes admission for the
2015/2016 academic session. The postgraduate
programmes lead to the award of Postgraduate
Diploma, Masters degree and Ph.D in the various
Faculties/Schools/Institutes of the University of
Benin.
UNIBEN Postgraduate Programmes General
Admission Requirements.
I. A Candidate for postgraduate studies in
the university of Benin must have obtained at
least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE
(ordinary level or their equivalents,) A credit pass
in Maths and English is required.
II. Four credits of Ordinary level plus OND
(not pass), NCE, IJMB or Advance level passes.
III. A holder of a Pass (Degree/Diploma) is
not qualified for admission into the
postgraduate programme of the University of
Benin. In addition, all holders of 3 rd class degree
must possess PGD to be considered for
admission into the Masters programmes.
IV. Candidates who obtained Masters
degree but with Weighted Average Score (WAS)
between 55.0-59% can only be considered for
admission into the M.Phil programme in the first
instance.
V. A candidate applying for the Ph.D in any
programme of the University of Benin must have
obtained a weighted average score of 60% or
letter grade ‘B’ average in the Masters degree.
VI. A candidate applying for the PhD with a
Master’s degree from any other University who in
his/her Master’s study has not previously taken
the compulsory courses or their equivalents
similar to the ones in the University of Benin shall
on admission be required to offer and pass such
courses with a minimum of 60% or letter grade
‘B’.
Transcripts
Candidates should request their former
Universities/Institutions to forward their
academic transcript(s) to the “ Secretary, School
of Postgraduate Studies” , to reach him not later
than 8 weeks from the date of this publication.
Applications of candidates whose transcripts are
not forwarded to the school shall not be
processed.
Referees Reports
Candidates should request their referees to
mail reports on them directly to the Secretary,
School of Postgraduate Studies. Applications
shall not be processed unless the referee reports
are available.
For Special Admission Requirements for
Postgraduate Diploma, Masters degree and Ph.D in
the various Faculties/Schools/Institutes of the
University of Benin,

Application fee was 45k JESUS,
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 8:52am On Feb 25, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
that's insultive..if you don't like the school ...its fine.....some people don't like harvard too

Overpopulated is insultive, bros which school u go self.
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by babyfaceafrica: 8:57am On Feb 25, 2016
ibadanfinest:

Overpopulated is insultive, bros which school u go self.
oga. Abeg when UI and Unilag dey sell PG form respectatively sir,thanks
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 9:07am On Feb 25, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
oga. Abeg when UI and Unilag dey sell PG form respectatively sir,thanks

Na jue july dem be sell am last year. This year own should not be different.
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by babyfaceafrica: 9:10am On Feb 25, 2016
ibadanfinest:

Na jue july dem be sell am last year. This year own should not be different.
three months to go nice!!!...you go collect?
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 9:12am On Feb 25, 2016
Uniport form na 11k, as for the admission requirements make Una ff this link.

http://myschool.com.ng/uniport/news/39455/uniport-postgraduate-admission-2015-2016-announced.html
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 9:25am On Feb 25, 2016
Make I post one more before I rest.

The so called ' Better by far School'. If the school is better no wahala since the school isn't claiming to be the best. Come to think of it, is it not shallow thinking for a school to think It is better because it has the fastest academic calendar among fed universities?

University of Ilorin postgraduate.

http://www.uilpgportal.unilorin.edu.ng/addmission_requirements.php

I hear say na #25k that time, I no even consider am, that side too hot for my liking abi na money no dey self, I no even know but I no think am to collect the form.
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2016
Oya o let's go to the schools in the north
Ahmadu Bello University Post Graduate Form 2015
The form was sold for 10k, the ffg link should should guide you properly
https://forms.abu.edu.ng/pgform/
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 10:02pm On Feb 25, 2016
Bayero University Kano Post graduate admission procedure
Postgraduate Application Procedure Step 1 Click on the Register Tab on the left navigation panel to go to the Create an Account Page. At the Create an Account page, create an account by providing your First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Personal Email and Personal GSM Phone Number. A Login credentials (username and password) will be generated for you. Please take note of them, as you need them for subsequent steps of the application process. Use Login Tab on the left navigation panel to login to your account (using your login credentials) to start/continue your application process. Step 2 Print your Personalized Payment Invoice and go to any branch of any of the banks listed on the payment invoice nationwide to make a non-refundable payment of Ten Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N10,500.00) Only Step 3 Return to the Login Page and login with your username and password to fill in the Application Forms: Programme Selection Form Personal Data Form & Qualifications Form Step 4 Transcript Request Form shall also be filled in addition to the forms listed in Step 3 above. Step 5 Review all your forms to ensure accuracy of all information before submission. Step 6 Print an Acknowledgement Slip and keep it safe. The slip will be needed during the collection of admission letter and during registration. 1. If you have any inquiry or are encountering any difficulty, send an e- m@il to application.pg@buk.edu.ng
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 10:04pm On Feb 25, 2016
Bayero University Kano Post graduate admission procedure
Postgraduate Application Procedure Step 1 Click on the Register Tab on the left navigation panel to go to the Create an Account Page. At the Create an Account page, create an account by providing your First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Personal Email and Personal GSM Phone Number. A Login credentials (username and password) will be generated for you. Please take note of them, as you need them for subsequent steps of the application process. Use Login Tab on the left navigation panel to login to your account (using your login credentials) to start/continue your application process. Step 2 Print your Personalized Payment Invoice and go to any branch of any of the banks listed on the payment invoice nationwide to make a non-refundable payment of Ten Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N10,500.00) Only Step 3 Return to the Login Page and login with your username and password to fill in the Application Forms: Programme Selection Form Personal Data Form & Qualifications Form Step 4 Transcript Request Form shall also be filled in addition to the forms listed in Step 3 above. Step 5 Review all your forms to ensure accuracy of all information before submission. Step 6 Print an Acknowledgement Slip and keep it safe. The slip will be needed during the collection of admission letter and during registration. 1. If you have any inquiry or are encountering any difficulty, send an e- m@il to application.pg@buk.edu.ng
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 3:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
Postgraduate applicant should expect the sales of form of the following school early June or late may

1. University of ibadan

2. University of Ilorin

3. University of Benin

4. University of Lagos.

Coming soon!!!!!!!
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by noordean(m): 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2016
ibadanfinest:
Postgraduate applicant should expect the sales of form of the following school early June or late may

1. University of ibadan

2. University of Ilorin

3. University of Benin

4. University of Lagos.

Coming soon!!!!!!!
Ilorin is out already.
Futminna nko? when is it likely to be out?
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 9:27pm On Apr 29, 2016
noordean:
Ilorin is out already. Futminna nko? when is it likely to be out?
Don't know yet.
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 9:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
Unilorin 2016 postgraduate form is out. It 25250 including bank charges and here is d link for available program. http://www.uilpgportal.unilorin.edu.ng/avail_prog.php

Link to get started

http://www.uilpgportal.unilorin.edu.ng/pg_app.php#
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by benedictuyi(m): 10:42pm On Apr 29, 2016
uniben and unn are out also
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 10:18am On Apr 30, 2016
benedictuyi:
uniben and unn are out also
Tnx for the update sir.
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by benedictuyi(m): 9:42pm On May 01, 2016
ibadanfinest:

Tnx for the update sir.
sure we r here to assist one another.. I'm waiting for FUTA and UI to advertise
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 9:15pm On May 06, 2016
benedictuyi:

sure we r here to assist one another.. I'm waiting for FUTA and UI to advertise

UI pg form is out.

http://admissions.pgschool.ui.edu.ng/admissions9/adm_application_page.aspx
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 9:17pm On May 06, 2016
University of ibadan postgraduate form for 2016/2017 academic session is out. follow the link below if you are interested.

If you don't have time, we can help u process it.

You gotta wait till Monday 9th for the application to begin.
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by babyfaceafrica: 10:15pm On May 06, 2016
ibadanfinest:
University of ibadan postgraduate form for 2016/2017 academic session is out. follow the link below if you are interested.

If you don't have time, we can help u process it.
have checked the site but the info is not there
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by benedictuyi(m): 9:16am On May 07, 2016
Re: All 2016 Postgraduate Aspirant Thread by ibadanfinest(m): 9:19am On May 07, 2016
benedictuyi:

no such information on their website

Did u follow the link I provided. you cannot get the information or may not get the information on www.ui.edu.ng but u can get it on their postgraduate website. All u need to do is to wait till Monday 9th of may before u applied. Sorry I should have added that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic Oko, Anambra. Help Wit Post Utme Site / Unpaid Salaries: Cross River State Teachers Shun Resumption / Difference Between Chemistry Education And B.sc Chemistry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.