Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,637 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? (88296 Views)

Hero:king JAJA OF OPOBO Full Biography,history Battle With The British(pictures) / King Jaja Of Opobo And Wives In The 1870s [ Location: Rivers State ] / How Many Igbo Dialects Do U Speak And Understand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by ariesbull: 12:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

If he is from Ndoki then he is an Ijaw descendant dats why they answer Nwa ubani

We Igbo call ijaws ..ijo never ubani

This man seff ...Are you not getting this

AjiereTuwo:

If he is from Ndoki then he is an Ijaw descendant dats why they answer Nwa ubani

This man....Do u have a comprehension issue.

He is from Ibeku not ndoki...Ibeku is in umuahia ..Ndoki is in ABA

Jesus Christ

Beside that ndoki is Igbo or do you want to claim that they are unaware again

These people seff

Guy I am done with you

Happy Christmas

1 Like

Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by ariesbull: 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

How am i deviating its only Ndoki people in Umuahia who answer ubani or nwaubani or are you denying that the member representing ukwa east is Paul Taribo

There is no ndoki in umuahia ...Unless they are sourjourners . .The dude is an Ibeku man

AjiereTuwo:

Jesus Christ

These people seff

Guy I am done with you

Happy Christmas

1 Like

Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
ariesbull:
n

This man seff...How can it be from.my imagination...Let's talk about the links first ..Have you read it up

Then tell me that the word list are fake ?

You see how I am knocking you off with facts and evidences

Ok you want link again

http://ukpuru.tumblr.com/post/115997041797/igbo-ubani-bonny-island-dialect-word-list-by

Now read and next one ask me of video
Dat dialect isnt ubani creole
For one good is gbom
Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
ariesbull:

There is no ndoki in umuahia ...Unless they are sourjourners . .The dude is an Ibeku man

Jesus Christ

These people seff

Guy I am done with you

Happy Christmas
When igbos are faced with facts they run away, ubani is and adulteration of ibani and is different from uba-ani, thats why Ndoki people with Ibani Ijaw ancestry answer Nwa ubani, that is why their descendants still answer names like epelle, Opusunju, jombo, uranta and even Taribo, I keep asking you if Taribo(surname) is igbo but u keep dodging.
Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by ariesbull: 1:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

When igbos are faced with facts they run away, ubani is and adulteration of ibani and is different from uba-ani, thats why Ndoki people with Ibani Ijaw ancestry answer Nwa ubani, that is why their descendants still answer names like epelle, Opusunju, jombo, uranta and even Taribo, I keep asking you if Taribo(surname) is igbo but u keep dodging.

Oga I am done lecturing u

1 Like

Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
ariesbull:

Oga I am done lecturing u
U are done dodging questions, what does Taribo mean or can't you translate to your similar ohuhu dialect.
Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by ariesbull: 1:30pm On Dec 28, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

Dat dialect isnt ubani creole
For one good is gbom

Pls give the world the real ibani
Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by ariesbull: 1:33pm On Dec 28, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

U are done dodging questions, what does Taribo mean or can't you translate to your similar ohuhu dialect.

Jesus Christ.. what is actually wrong with you

I made a mention of ubani

I am not insulting but I am trying to be cool ...I hate it when people shift goal post
Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
ariesbull:

Jesus Christ.. what is actually wrong with you

I made a mention of ubani
Guy kip ur anger issues aside, you guys always claim there is no Ijaw ancestry in Ndoki but they still answer Taribo, how come na, dats why i want to know if Taribo means something in your umuahia dialect
Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 28, 2016
ariesbull:

Pls give the world the real ibani
Imiebam, A Ibani egere i piri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2M_KnhUXxw
Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by ariesbull: 1:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

Guy kip ur anger issues aside, you guys always claim there is no Ijaw ancestry in Ndoki but they still answer Taribo, how come na, dats why i want to know if Taribo means something in your umuahia dialect

I think you are the one mixing this up...I can't remember saying that and also I can remember making a mention of taribo

I said UBANI is a name some Ibeku people bear in umuahia and I have a class mate that bears that

I am not here talking either ndoki ancestry or not

I said that ubani is a common igbo name and also opobo speaks Igbo and I gave you the word list

It's left for you to give me the opobo word list to counter what I said

I don't have anything with taribo or west

1 Like

Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
ariesbull:

I think you are the one mixing this up...I can't remember saying that and also I can remember making a mention of taribo

I said UBANI is a name some Ibeku people bear in umuahia and I have a class mate that bears that

I am not here talking either ndoki ancestry or not

I said that ubani is a common igbo name and also opobo speaks Igbo and I gave you the word list

It's left for you to give me the opobo word list to counter what I said

I don't have anything with taribo or west

This is what you said
Jesus Christ

These people seff

And this is what i responded
ubani is and adulteration of ibani and is different from uba ani which is a different pronunciation, thats why Ndoki people with Ibani Ijaw ancestry answer Nwa ubani,
Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by ariesbull: 2:40pm On Dec 28, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

This is what you said
[b]Jesus Christ

These people seff[\b]

And this is what i responded
[i] ubani is and adulteration of ibani and is different from [b]uba ani which is a different pronunciation[\b], thats why Ndoki people with Ibani Ijaw ancestry answer Nwa ubani,[\i]

Give me word list of ibani
Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2016
Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by ariesbull: 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2M_KnhUXxw

Pls transcribe the words for people to see and translate them in English...This will enable us to know who lies

1 Like

Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 28, 2016
ariesbull:

Pls transcribe the words for people to see and translate them in English...This will enable us to know who lies
I will translate it if you tell me what translating an evangelism message will prove to you
Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by bigfrancis21: 4:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

I will translate it if you tell me what translating an evangelism message will prove to you

I find it funny how you carry this whole Ibani thing on your head and one would thing you are an expert in it yet you barely know a thing or two about the language. I'm pretty sure you do not understand all that was said in this same video you flaunt around all over Nairaland. Your obsession is sickening. If you want to know Ibani, please sit down and dedicate time and resources into it. Quit passing around this same very video on nairaland giving off the sad impression that you are an expert in Ibani (you wish) yet your level of fluency in it is very poor. Sickening.

Ibani egere or Egere Igbani? In most Nigerian languages we know that the possessive comes before the noun - asusu igbo, ede yoruba, nke m, nke gi etc., then why should you say Ibani Egere instead of Egere Igbani? And to think that you would notice these yourself to correct them as you flaunt yourself around on this forum like an Igbani expert which, sorry, you are not.
Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by bigfrancis21: 4:53pm On Dec 28, 2016
According to ChinenyeN, isn't ubani supposed to mean 'beautiful' and not particularly in reference to 'ibani' of bonny? It is said the people of bonny were often seen as beautiful, thus their neighbours in abia named their kids who happened to be beautiful/handsome 'ubani' in reference to the beauty of bonny people. Also, I would think there is a difference between 'ubani' and Ibani. Natively, Ibani is pronounced 'igbani', but due to Anglicization is spelt 'ibani'. I am surprised that even a supposed 'ibani warlord' on this forum does not even know this. Ubani is a far cry from Igbani and, I would think, does not come from the latter.
Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 28, 2016
bigfrancis21:
According to ChinenyeN, isn't ubani supposed to mean 'beautiful' and not particularly in reference to 'ibani' of bonny? It is said the people of bonny were often seen as beautiful, thus their neighbours in abia named their kids who happened to be beautiful/handsome 'ubani' in reference to the beauty of bonny people. Also, I would think there is a difference between 'ubani' and Ibani. Natively, Ibani is pronounced 'igbani', but due to Anglicization is spelt 'ibani'. I am surprised that even a supposed 'ibani warlord' on this forum does not even know this. Ubani is a far cry from Igbani and, I would think, does not come from the latter.
You are just a cry baby, wetin u no know pass you, stick to ur knowledge of that ur anambra hamlet enugu uku wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by bigfrancis21: 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

You are just a cry baby, wetin u no know pass you, stick to ur knowledge of that ur anambra hamlet enugu uku wink

Well that's the truth. You have no point against that.
Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 30, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

You don't know jack in Ibani. You're a monumental failure my guy.

1 Like

Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by RedboneSmith(m): 7:20pm On Dec 30, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Ibani egere or Egere Igbani? In most Nigerian languages we know that the possessive comes before the noun - asusu igbo, ede yoruba, nke m, nke gi etc., then why should you say Ibani Egere instead of Egere Igbani? And to think that you would notice these yourself to correct them as you flaunt yourself around on this forum like an Igbani expert which, sorry, you are not.

LOL. It is always funny to watch you step into unfamiliar territory with confidence as if you know what you are talking about. If you knew anything about the structure of Ijaw language you would not have typed and submitted this. You have goofed big time. LOL.

1 Like

Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by bigfrancis21: 7:37pm On Dec 30, 2016
RedboneSmith:

LOL. It is always funny to watch you step into unfamiliar territory with confidence as if you know what you are talking about. If you knew anything about the structure of Ijaw language you would not have typed and submitted this. You have goofed big time. LOL.

Yea I may have learned something new. Most Nigerian or African languages follow the possessive-noun structure as I've noticed all my life, so I initially thought 'ibani egere' was an oddity, even more so given that the supposed 'ibani warlord' is barely fluent in it himself, most likely a mistake. I'll research more into this.

It doesn't negate fact, however, that he does not know jack in Igbani language yet makes the loudest noise about it on this forum.
Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by ChinenyeN(m): 7:39pm On Dec 30, 2016
RedboneSmith:

Man, I seriously thought about saying something, because the glaring lack of knowledge almost could not be ignored, but I had to ask myself if it was ultimately worth it.
Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by ChinenyeN(m): 7:40pm On Dec 30, 2016
bigfrancis21:
Yea I may have learned something new. Most Nigerian or African languages follow the possessive-noun structure as I've noticed all my life, so I initially thought 'ibani egere' was an oddity, even more so given that the supposed 'ibani warlord' is barely fluent in it himself, most likely a mistake. I'll research more into this.

I like this post. If more people on NL could handle things like this, we would have better discussions.
Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by lawani: 4:47am On Dec 31, 2016
bigfrancis21:

It doesn't negate fact, however, that he does not know jack in Igbani language yet makes the loudest noise about it on this forum.

IJAW IS AN ISOLATE. IT IS SAID TO BE STRUCTURALLY RELATED TO DOGON IN MALI AND DOGON IS RELATED TO BASQUE IN SPAIN ACCORDING TO SOME LANGUAGE ANALYSTS.
Re: Can An Average Opobo Indigene Speak And Understand Ijaw? by BiriboofOpobo: 2:35pm On Apr 13, 2017
ezeagu:

Have you heard of the ekpe society before? Are you aware that men from Arochukwu to parts of Imo State sing ekpe praise songs in Ibibio fluently, do you even know people in Abia refer to masquerades as Ekpo, an Ibibio word, instead of mmanwu and other Igbo words? You haven't shown anything with a few songs please.

Well tell me then who did the Opobo people "borrow" these songs from if they are not the native songs.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Photos Of The Rolls-Royces In Emir Sanusi’s Garage / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Inter-tribal Marriage / Corpse Of Igwe Henry Ekwueme, Eze Ndi Igbo In China Packaged; To Be Flown To Nig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.