Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Summer Bbq Was A Success! - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Summer Bbq Was A Success! (17123 Views)

ICSN BBQ 2014 Saturday 9th August / ICSN 8th Annual Summer BBQ / Food Fair Was A Success! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Summer Bbq Was A Success! by ElRazur: 12:54pm On Jul 12, 2009
grin

Oh boy, our "1st annual" BBQ took place yesterday until this morning. . . .Man, it was the bomb. Below is the time-line of events.

Saturday 11 July 2009. 11am

As one of the organizer of the event, I was at the scene to set up a few Big Boys Toys - The PlayStation3, Pro-evolution 2009, and a massive lcd Tv screen. [Smoke on that haters].

The set up was pretty much easy for me, as this is like second nature to me. After setting up the tv and console in one corner, I tried a few games while waiting for fellow Nairalanders to turn up.

1130pm
My phone rings. It was follypimping telling me he is on his was from his end.  cool I cant wait to see him.

12pm [ish]
Sagamite on site. How nice, all is starting to come together now. I wonder how many more people are gonna turn up. Mean while, me and Sagamite are battling it out on Pro evo 2009 on a massive tv screen. He won a few games first, but then I changed my strategy and whooped his arse. grin
Eventually we levelled up and we ended up with a 4games each under our belt.

At this point, we took a break and went outside to get some freshly made BBQ chicken with salad and some nice tasting sauce. How yummy and delicious. grin

2pm
JayBee, ProudlyNaija, and a few others on site. cool Woah this is really starting to pick up. You gotta respect the peoudlynaija dude. He's got more qualification than any of us could shake a stick at. cool

Another phone call! This time coming from LadyT. She was informing me that her, TuBabie and Debosky are on their way. shocked Man this is Awesome.

Yeah it is awesome, not awesome because the ladies are coming up, but because I get a chance to punch Debosky in the left eyeball. grin

3pm.
The caterers start to set up the food table. Damn, it was the bee's knees. The aroma of the food coming from the Kitchen was just making my belly rumbling.

3.30pm upwards.
LadyT finally turned up with Debo and Tubabie.

So I was ready to punch debosky in the left eye when I realised he was taller than me, and my attempt to punch him in the eye may not hit the intended target. So I quickly changed my tactics and just shake him like a man and smiled at him. grin grin grin He had manly hands, but mine was more manly. grin

Nah, am joking. No need to punch anyone like that. We are all grown ups. He is a cool guy and we just get along. But anyway, let me not waste time talking about Debo when there are two ladies waiting to be mentioned.

LadyT and Tubabie were looking all sweet and delicious and my God, I wont mind to deep them both into the BBQ sauce that I had with my chicken.  grin

While everyone was busy introducing themselves etc, we had to go and get ToH. This was supposed to be Sagamite's mission, but I thought it would be nice to tag along. At this point Debo and another fellow nairalander was playing the playstation3.

Anyway, we left to go get ToH in Sagamite's car. To my surprise, Sagamite was using an A-Z book to look up where he is going! shocked I asked him if I should use the Navigation system on my phone, but he refused and gave an excuse of how he likes to challenge himself. shocked grin

I think A-Z is so 1980s and Navigation is the way to go, but clearly Sagamite is from the past lol. grin

Anyway it started to rain and here we are waiting for ToH to come out. Gosh she took her time. I got mad and phone LadyT and asked her to tell her American friend to bring her arse outside right now, because me and Sagamite aint no taxi service. angry

But that didnt work, we had to wait almost 15mins before she finally comes out. ToH God punish your mouth for that. angry grin

Anyway, she got in the car and the first thing she did was to be adamant that Sagamite is OmoIbo. . .  grin Apparently Sagamite looks like an Ibo guy. This I have no problem with until she thought I was Debosky. angry I was like "Hello . . . . Debosky aint this cute" [Sorry Debo. grin]. At this point, she used her umbrella to whack me in the head. shocked. . . Nah Yanma Yanma go chop your mouth for that one.

430pm.
While some of us was playing the Playstation3. . . All of a sudden, the room went quiet. The light start to blink, the ground started to shake and it became windy. I was like "Oh my god! What is happening?" Then I realise Sauron was in the house. shocked

Everybody quickly dived for cover. There was a figure standing there at the hallway in his greasy hair Jerry curls - looking like Easy E from NWA - wearing a t-shirt with the phrase "Straight outta compton" embroided on to it. shocked "Holy shit I said" we all gonna die was my next thought. Before I could finish that thought, he brought out his Ak47 from no where and he started shooting up the place. shocked shocked

There was silence, silence of terror. . . Then he said "Sauron in the House" doing a west-cost "W-Sign" at the same time
. shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Okay, that is not how he happened, but that was what we all thought would happen when sauron showed up. cheesy

How very much different. When Sauron showed up, we didn't believe it. He was mild, quiet and not as we all expected. Phew, what a relief. grin Lol. I think Sauron's case is a classic "Never judge a book by its movie" grin

530pm.
Yeah the house was getting full now. TOH, Tubabie, LadyT, Sagamite, Me, OmoIbo[], proudlynaija, Jaybee, Sauron and a few others that I cant recollect their names at this point are all present.

Everyone was having fun, talking about current affairs, Chitty chatting about what not etc. Every one was clearly having phone. This I am proud of, this I happy to be a part of, this I would like to do again. cool cool

The music from the DJ was blasting - been doing so since we got there and everyone is loving it.

The management came down to ask if we need anything, but we told them things are fine. cool

6pm.

The caterers brought the food down and my God, they plates, tray and the food especially look good and taste nice too.

A few nairalander are acting shy and didn't wanna eat. But trust me to break the ice and make them eat lol. The first person to go grab some food was sagamite. He tucked into a nice plate of pounded yam and egusi soup. The guy no dey waste time at all.

ToH, not getting enough of whacking me on the head with her umbrella, she asked me to serve her some food. This I obliged and served her like a sucker too angry.
No tell anyone oh, but the girl like food.  shocked She finish the plate and wash it down with a nice bottle of evian water. cool I no blame her, america no get proper food like we do for here. grin

7pm.
Everyone gathered around and we just starting talking and getting to know each other more. It is amazing how different people are. I guess it should be expected. The biggest surprise for me was Sauron, I was really expecting a mad man in dread-lock who is gonna shoot up the place, but he didnt.  grin

I know a few people probably expect me to be like that as well, but this is my view of events. . . Feel free to post what you want about me. lol.

Eventually, Folly the love-vendor turned up. The Guy is awesome, he brought some nice looking chick with him - Just like a true love-vendor would! cool He got right down to business by introducing himself and his woman to everyone. Nice man.

Credit to Folly for buying drinks for everyone - well those who drink alcohol.

8pm.
BusyBody in the house! grin She correctly identified almost every one. lol. But thank god, she didn't guessed me correctly. grin Oh it may be worth mentioning that she brought her sister too. Damn! She is hot. I should have been all over her, but she left shortly. angry  Can you imagine ElRazur dating Busy Body's sister. shocked

9pm
This is the biggest surprise we had up our sleeves for the event. We had a surprise guest appearance. Can you guess who is it? This aint no joke, I would let debo post the picture.
  cool.

The clue lies in the fact that this guy is a Nigeria musical artiste. Can you guess who he is yet?

10pm
More Gisting.

11pm.
The Gamers are tired now and some of us have had enough. I promptly packed up the Tv with the Ps3 and took it back to the car. cool

12Am -
We all went upstairs to dance etc.

I would let others fill up on the rest.

I just wanna use this opportunity to say Bleep you haters. Bleep you doubters. Bleep everyone of you who said something negative about this BBQ. Bleep you to those who wanted this to be a failure. We did and we would do it again.

In the mean time, I still remain the guy who you love to hate. grin Im out.

PS
I just woke up to write this, I would correct any errors or things I omit. Come back to check and look out for coloured text to indicate corrections and additions.
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2009
Nice. . .must have been mad fun. . grin but wait a min whatchu you even feeling like now? tongue
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by ElRazur: 1:38pm On Jul 12, 2009
You are right on that one, it was mad fun. We should do this every month. Lol.

I just feel tired - dunno how to sleep properly in the afternoon. Also I have a fews thing to do, e.g put the Tv back in storage. . . But right now, I would just stay in bed and on NL.
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by amarilo: 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2009
How come u made a post u made a post at the same time you claimed to be in a parry.(03:21:41 PM,05:09:49 PM ,05:42:58 PM, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=279282.msg4171210#msg4171210) and on this thread as well https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=295031.msg4169194#msg4169194. All yesterday.

Not that i have a doubt. tongue tongue tongue Maybe you broke the uncertainty principle which is worthy of comendation.
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by ElRazur: 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2009
Thank god I am not the type to lie amarillo. Now allow me to make a fool of you. My phone is connected to the internet 24/7. In fact, I am using it right now. My phone is a G1 aka google andriod on t-mobile. I can stay on the internet from now till jesus comes back and it won't cost me a thing.

Even fellow nairalander was browsing nairaland from my phone last night.

Next time before you talk shit and make an idiot of yourself. Get some knowledge. In the mean time, add to the topic at hand or Bleep off. smiley
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by amarilo: 2:10pm On Jul 12, 2009
Lol who is a fool now? I only asked a question dude.
At the same time surffing the web while on a parry shows one thing. tongue tongue
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by whitelexi(m): 2:23pm On Jul 12, 2009
Damn, i missed out. Honestly, i totally stopped checking my yahoo and wasn't abreast of the date we chose and even the location and so i went to Leeds for the weekend. . . Glad to see y'all had fun though.
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by ElRazur: 2:29pm On Jul 12, 2009
amarilo:

Lol who is a fool now? I only asked a question dude.
At the same time surffing the web while on a parry shows one thing. tongue tongue

Say what? That I like to keep tabs on what is on etc? Dude, kindly Bleep off since you ain't adding to the debate at hand.

@whitelexi
I heard that at the event, I was like damn. . . Lol. Nah wah for you men, why, why, why, why, why, did you stop checking your mail? Anyhow, it was fun and for the record ToH ate your portion of food. cheesy
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by amarilo: 2:36pm On Jul 12, 2009
ElRazur:

Say what? That I like to keep tabs on what is on etc? Dude, kindly Bleep off since you ain't adding to the debate at hand.
Still spitting vernom, where is the debate and what are you debating?

"Summer BBQ Was A Success" shouldn't call for a debate rather " Was Summer BBQ A Success" should. cool cool cool

Take a chill pill dude, nobody is fighting you and its bad for somebody to fight himself. cool cool cool
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by Busybody2(f): 2:46pm On Jul 12, 2009
Wow, wow, wow, nice write-up, very nice and succinctly put wink I am still on a high and too stupefied and dumbfounded to even make a comment. Ok I confess, I am scared and cannot even believe I sat next to the Hannibal the dragon and the fire in his mouth did not smelt me or scorch or sing a hair on my body And I woke up this morning and checked and was alarmed that my index finger and thumb was still there, my wandering hands mistakenly touched him you see shocked  I still can't help wondering if there isn't gonna be some delayed armageddon due to us being in the same room as him cheesy

ElRazur:

grin

ToH, not getting enough of whacking me on the head with her umbrella, she asked me to serve her some food. This I obliged and did. No tell anyone oh, but the girl like food. shocked She finish the plate and wash it down with a nice bottle of evian water. cool I no blame her, america no get proper food like we do for here. grin

Your secrets are safe with Busy_body, and don't say I told you too, but do you think it is a mean feat having that mouth on her, which fit curse a dead body and rouse am to wake up in fury cheesy That mouth deffo needs bucketloads of food and gallons of water daily to keep it functioning

Had a wonderful time getting to know everyone, will be back with more updates when I am fully awake cheesy Oh lest I forget, i was sooooo embarassed I forgot my hubby Debosky's name, twas seeing those chiselled jawlines and cheekbones in the flesh coupled with those eyes trying to communicate with me and telling me a million things at the same time, ojigbijigbi embarassed embarassed embarassed

My only hope is that Sagamite and Jaybee would understand, and would not mind me marrying the two of them at the same time, they look so alike, i found it hard to choose and make up my mind grin Jaybee, don't tell anyone else this, but the tide is currently turning in your favour because frankly after having 18 kids with Sagamite, he is getting to the end of his tethers and frankly I want out, but the union has to reach the 30 years mark before I can divorce the old kete kete in order to get my grubby mitt on 80% of his wealth, so hang in there darlinkcheesy soon come tongue

Follypimpi, if not that I don't like to dabble in incest, no surgeon's incision would have been apply to prise me and you apart yesterday, so it is with a deep heavy heart and regrets that I make this solemn statement that yeah kay_pumpin will do cry I WANT HIM SO BADLY, LIKE RIGHT NOW, i will pay you off nicely and handsomely once you deliver him into my laps, My brother, scratch my back, I scratch yours, wink wink wink

The only annoying thing was why their had to be Tubabie, TOH and LadyT there, spoilsports who only came to shorten my ration, namely Delta, Sierra and Echo Romeo cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by earthrealm(m): 2:56pm On Jul 12, 2009
picssssssssssssssssssss, plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

guess u guys had fun, so big bumper  was  there?

@elrazur, quit spitting venom  ok?,
doubters will always abound, n tis not a crime 2 doubt n crooschk info, thats the scientific approach,  dont see no harm in amarilos comment tongue
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by amarilo: 3:38pm On Jul 12, 2009
earthrealm:

@elrazur, quit spitting venom ok?,
doubters will always abound, n tis not a crime 2 doubt n crooschk info, thats the scientific approach, dont see no harm in amarilos comment tongue
Thumb up dude, i did not mean any harm just voicing what i observed but the guy decided to show his up bringing. He is not to blame anyway. grin grin
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by ElRazur: 5:40pm On Jul 12, 2009
earthrealm:

picssssssssssssssssssss, plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

guess u guys had fun, so big bumper  was  there?

Pictures are meant only for email am afraid.

Yes we had fun.

Who is big bumper? Who ever he/she is, people was dancing to "bumper to Bumper" last night. grin
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by debosky(m): 5:51pm On Jul 12, 2009
Nice summary El, even better highlights by the one and only B_B. cool

What can I say, I was blown away by the quality ladies and gents that got together y'day. I was worried initially that I was gonna get whacked over the head for my over sabi moderator moves grin grin but the people were uber cool and so much fun to be with.

From devouring pounded yam and egusi, to tearing apart the humongous fish that tubabie wasn't interested in to the screams of 'referee!' by Sagamite/Ikenna grin grin while getting thrashed by Slow Poison/Sharon. to the dancesteps of follypimpin, it was all mad fun. Oh not forgetting the 'fake' follypimpin (Saga's friend) and his delectable Macedonian chick (Can we have the next one there please?? grin)

As agreed, pics are restricted to the event attendees but I'll be uploading one of a 'special guest' at the event really soon.

Kudos to Saga, El and LadyT for doing all the grunt work and making the event a success.

Funniest part? Follypimpin's expression when we told him who sharon was. grin grin grin

Picture of 'special appearance' coming soon. . . .
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by Sauron1: 5:54pm On Jul 12, 2009
ElRazur:

430pm.
While some of us was playing the Playstation3. . . All of a sudden, the room went quiet. The light start to blink, the ground started to shake and it became windy. I was like "Oh my god! What is happening?" Then I realise Sauron was in the house. shocked

Everybody quickly dived for cover. There was a figure standing there at the hallway in his greasy hair Jerry curls - looking like Easy E from NWA - wearing a t-shirt with the phrase "Straight outta compton" embroided on to it. shocked "Holy shit I said" we all gonna die was my next thought. Before I could finish that thought, he brought out his Ak47 from no where and he started shooting up the place. shocked shocked

There was silence, silence of terror. . . Then he said "Sauron in the House" doing a west-cost "W-Sign" at the same time
. shocked

Okay, that is not how he happened, but that was what we all thought would happen when sauron showed up. cheesy

How very much different. When Sauron showed up, we didn't believe it. He was mild, quiet and not as we all expected. Phew, what a relief. grin Lol. I think Sauron's case is a classic "Never judge a book by its movie" grin

CHEESE N RICE. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

debosky:

Funniest part? Follypimpin's expression when we told him who sharon was.  grin grin grin

Must you say this? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
How can you conveniently skip the part where i whupped your Arsenal team in a GRANDSLAM game? grin grin grin
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by debosky(m): 6:06pm On Jul 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

How can you conveniently skip the part where i whupped your Arsenal team in a GRANDSLAM game? grin grin grin

That was a pad malfunction. . . I was not prepared. grin
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2009
Nice, can we see some pictures? cheesy
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by debosky(m): 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2009
For the doubters, presenting the special guest appearance at the Nairaland Summer BBQ 2009. . . .

The one, the only. . . .

[center] cool cool cool cool cool cool 2Shotz Umunnamu! cool  cool cool cool cool cool[/center]

[center][/center]
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 12, 2009
Who is 2Shotz?

Of course it had to be something meaningful for TOH and Busy_body to actually go grin grin

But I wanna see pixtures tongue tongue
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by debosky(m): 6:24pm On Jul 12, 2009
FL Gators:

Who is 2Shotz?

Of course it had to be something meaningful for TOH and Busy_body to actually go grin grin

But I wanna see pixtures tongue tongue

No pics for you. . . come to the next event and you'll see live in the flesh. cool
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by ElRazur: 6:28pm On Jul 12, 2009
Enormous picture you have there! shocked

Can you use image shack to resize? If you do, use these method. . . [Na so I use dey use am]

Go to image shack.

Browse location.

Before upload, tick on resize [Ideally a lower size that would fit the forum maybe a good idea]

Upload

Copy and paste hotlink here.
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by ElRazur: 6:31pm On Jul 12, 2009

There you go. lol.
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by debosky(m): 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2009
ElRazur:

Enormous picture you have there! shocked

Can you use image shack to resize? If you do, use these method. . . [Na so I use dey use am]

Go to image shack.

Browse location.

Before upload, tick on resize [Ideally a lower size that would fit the forum maybe a good idea]

Upload

Copy and paste hotlink here.

You dey yab me you dis Razz man? I posted it LARGE so any haters cannot be mistaken. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by ElRazur: 6:35pm On Jul 12, 2009
grin

Keep an eye on your email please. There is meant to be a feed back mail soon.
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by Sauron1: 6:35pm On Jul 12, 2009
debosky:

That was a pad malfunction. . . I was not prepared. grin

Debosky don become Ibime o. . . . .
I was expecting you to blame it on the alcohol. grin grin grin
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2009
debosky:

No pics for you. . . come to the next event and you'll see live in the flesh. cool
Same answer will be given grin grin

But who be that guy sef? I thought Busy_body was going to back something like a poster for you guys to hold, na paper? angry grin

Anywaz, nice one sha. wink
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by debosky(m): 6:42pm On Jul 12, 2009
FL Gators:

Same answer will be given grin grin

But who be that guy sef? I thought Busy_body was going to back something like a poster for you guys to hold, na paper? angry grin

Anywaz, nice one sha. wink
Stop hating. . . it was impromptu evidence for all the nairaland haters. cool

~Sauron~:

Debosky don become Ibime o. . . . .
I was expecting you to blame it on the alcohol. grin grin grin
Nah, I hadn't had any alcohol by then. . . I did beat Jaybee a couple of times though - he said he didn't play much so that's why he wasn't so good at it.

If I wasn't so busy talking to the ladies, I woulda gotten better and whupped your Man Utd hands down! cool
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2009
rotflmao grin
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by TOPE20001(f): 6:54pm On Jul 12, 2009
Awwwwwwwwwww . . .Glad u guys had fun wink Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am def going to be there for the next one . . . .for sure cool cheesy

ElRazur:

430pm.

. shocked

Lmao . . . . grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lord sauron with two horns on his head cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by Sauron1: 6:58pm On Jul 12, 2009
TOPE2000!:

Lmao . . . . grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lord sauron with two horns on his head cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't mind Debosky and Busy_Body. . . . .
I dunno what else to say to convince em i am a complete gentleman.
They nearly strip-searched me for concealed weapons. angry angry angry angry
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by spikedcylinder: 7:01pm On Jul 12, 2009
Chai, I can never get liver for this kind of thing o but I'm glad y'all had fun.

*Clap* *Clap* smiley smiley smiley
Re: Summer Bbq Was A Success! by debosky(m): 7:01pm On Jul 12, 2009
~Sauron~:

Don't mind Debosky and Busy_Body. . . . .
I dunno what else to say to convince em i am a complete gentleman.
They nearly strip-searched me for concealed weapons. angry angry angry angry
Hehehehehe  I remember El finding Sharon's bag and saying 'who's bag is this?' once he saw it was Sharon's, all colour drained from his face and he sneaked upstairs to get it scanned by a metal detector. Thank goodness the bag came clean and wasn't full of Cheese and Rice Bombs and Applesauce grenades.  grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

40 Persons To Wed At Salvation Ministries, Port Harcourt, Same Day (Photos) / Outrageous & Funny Dance Moves Of A Groom & His Bride(video,photos) / Nairalanders!!!.. Am A Year Older(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.