Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,883 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:28 AM

Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai (24017 Views)

Chibok Girls Rescue: Omokri Mocks Lai Mohammed & El-rufai As UK Vindicates GEJ / Michelle Obama And BBOG Frustrated Chibok Girls Rescue: Aisha Wakil / Francis Adigun, Soldier Killed During Chibok Girls Rescue(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by Topam: 9:55am On Feb 25, 2016
Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai says the military has entered mop up phase in the fight against Boko Haram that would facilitate the release of captives, including Chibok girls.
He made the remark in Maiduguri at a meeting with Borno Elders Forum as part of measures adopted to consolidate on the gains recorded in the counter-insurgency operation.
The meeting was held at the Military Command and Control Centre in Maiduguri.
“We were given three major tasks, and we have made efforts toward achieving two.
“The first task is to defeat Boko Haram, and I want to tell you that as at today Boko Haram has been defeated.
“When I say defeat, it doesn’t necessarily mean that there won’t be hitches here and there. We have entered the mop-up stage of our operation,” he said.
He explained that the mop up phase would facilitate the release of those held captive by the insurgents, including the Chibok girls.
According to Buratai, the second part of the first task is to rescue those who are held hostage at some marked locations by the insurgents.
Buratai noted that the second major task in the military’s north-east operation was to facilitate the restoration of normalcy in affected areas and provision of relief materials to displaced persons.
He said the military had aided civil authorities in the return of displaced persons from Bama, Gwoza and other communities.
“The second task is to support the civil authorities in caring and protecting the Internally Displaced Persons and to help the civil authorities in restoring normalcy and rebuilding those areas that have been liberated.
“It has already commenced in places like Bama, Gamboru Ngala, Baga, Mongonu and most of those areas are deserted because they are afraid that they could be attacked.
“So, we will embark on confidence building to encourage them to come back by assisting the civil authorities, he said.
He said some challenges initially encountered in the course of operation had been addressed, stressing that the operation was progressing according to projections.
Buratai acknowledged the support of the elders and urged them and the entire Borno people to be patient with the military particularly on measures initiated to tackle the insurgents.
He said measures such as the closure of markets and curfews were all taken to address gaps observed in the military operation.
Chairman of the Borno Elders Forum, Amb. Gaji Galtimari appreciated the efforts of the military in containing the menace of insurgency in the north-east.
He said that the military had succeeded in decimating the insurgents to the extent that the regular bomb and gun attacks were limited in parts of the region.
Galtimari said Borno elders were in support of measures adopted by the military in finally ending the menace of Boko Haram and pledged to do more to support the military

http://saharareporters.com/2016/02/25/boko-haram-defeated-chibok-girls-rescue-underway-says-buratai.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by HungerBAD: 9:56am On Feb 25, 2016
I believe you.

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by Topestbilly(m): 9:58am On Feb 25, 2016
Dunno who to believe sef.

Media or government?

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by DEXTROVERT: 10:13am On Feb 25, 2016
I don't believe in...

I will,
Is coming ,
We will,

I believe in we have

19 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by Sylverbox(m): 10:28am On Feb 25, 2016
I just hope this doesnt cause rebound triggers. The last time Lai said something like this we knew what happened.

Intelligence includes being discrete.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by mynd1(f): 11:00am On Feb 25, 2016
Wow! shocked
God bless N.A
God bless Buratai
God bless PMB
God bless Nigeria.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
Talk is cheap undecided

10 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by timilehin007(m): 12:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
I pray o
Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by timidapsin(m): 12:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
Video or I don't believe undecided

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
Chibok girls remains a scam...

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by thefakestan: 12:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
Story Story

ThefakeStan

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by alcmene: 12:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
Careless statements like this led to the deaths of hundreds last month.....

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by Lexusgs430: 12:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
Simply laughable !!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by funkyrash(m): 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2016
Welcome development if true!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by jaykaylegend(m): 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2016
and some idiots will say buhari is not working... IPOB youths una dey craze

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by tucky200(m): 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2016
Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by Smartiegurl(f): 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2016
We want full assurance plus actions and news of victory.... not this!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2016
grin

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by gurunlocker: 12:57pm On Feb 25, 2016
I just pray i won't hear any bombing news tomorrow....... because it is when you speak that bombing happens

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by callJesu: 12:57pm On Feb 25, 2016
The story requires further investigation

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by NobleAngell(f): 12:57pm On Feb 25, 2016
Oh pls bring them back already and stop the noise.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by abere888: 12:59pm On Feb 25, 2016
Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by wristbangle: 12:59pm On Feb 25, 2016
To be candid, the boko haram menace has drastically reduced.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by stexsy(m): 12:59pm On Feb 25, 2016
Liars.....after saying this he ll go bck to his house n sleep peacefully not knowing that he has infuriated bh who in turn ll start bombing "soft targets" just to prove that they ve nt been defeated......
Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by nasty45(m): 12:59pm On Feb 25, 2016
No more propaganda pls....
We av pressing issues to deal with than this, just let us know when u do and stop distracting us from meeting up with exchange rate
Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by Gegz(m): 1:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
Oluwa, help our Nigerian Army as they try to defeat this faceless menace. Amen
Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by Maranzano(m): 1:00pm On Feb 25, 2016
All we need to see are the rescued Chibok Girls. The way and manner of rescue is not of interest anymore. A lot of propaganda and politics have been played with these innocent daughters of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by amunkita(m): 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
Another propaganda....

The Chibok gals nah beta scam..
Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by ChappyChase: 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
HungerBAD:
I believe you.
oh yes!! You sure believe this Government!!!
Re: Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai by bolt000(m): 1:01pm On Feb 25, 2016
talk is cheap angry 'technically'

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Warn Against Reprisals As Mtn’s Office Is Vandalised / Chief Edwin Clark's 90th Birthday Thanksgiving Service In Abuja (Photos) / GMD NNPC, Baru All Smiles As He Claims Scarcity Has Reduced In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.