Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! (12368 Views)

Dino Malaye Writes About Obama In A Church / The Gift Jonathan Gave Obama In 2014 / PMB Seats Gallantly Besides Obama In The G7 Summit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by shesi(m): 4:57am On Jul 14, 2009
Obama is not a black afurakan. In fact he is white/pink because his mom whom begat him and raised him is white/pink. Race is traced through the maternal side, the mitochondria DNA is passed only through females. Obama is just a cracker with a deep tan. lol.

that is absolutely completely wrong. If you got that from some school i'd get a refund for my tuition if i were you. lol
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by oyinda3(f): 5:01am On Jul 14, 2009
ah sophie theallet's spring collection!!
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by shesi(m): 5:10am On Jul 14, 2009
trust a girl to bring up fashion into every single discussion grin sophie who?
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by akigbemaru: 5:14am On Jul 14, 2009
@FL Gator and Mandingo

Please, can you for once praise Nigeria too. The pretty saying says "a cow does not no the value of its tail until it's cut-off, I think Nigeria is doing great too. If you want the most complete in Africa, after you pick South Africa and Egypt; definitely Nigeria comes third. We could have overtaken Egypt anyway if we go by just (nominal GDP) but tourism is very high in Egypt.
We have a nominal GDP of $214 billions and PPP of $315 billions, while Egypt has nominal GDP of $182 billions and PPP $420 billions. Tell me what happens? Since Americans celebrate Pyramid and other Egyptian goods. They built many of them as monuments and figures across USA, this gives to multitudes of Americans visiting Egypt every year.

Ghana is a good country; but I will choose naija 10 times over it. The (Nonimal) GDP of just Lagos State is twice the Ghana's (ppp) GDP, meaning it's four times Ghanaian (nominal) GDP. Then, you have other state that are doing good too; Rivers, Ibadan, Kaduna, Abuja e.t.c. You can check about the Noninal GDP on google if you doubt me!

The only problem is mismanagement, every elected official right from councilor’s level must be hold accountable for their deeds.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by akigbemaru: 5:20am On Jul 14, 2009
@Savanaha

But you didn’t include (Hotdog) the best American food! Everyday is it, during festive periods, it’s all on it. Just a pork and dry bread! The, you got some people who add color greens and corn bread too it. Y’all gotta give me a break! No Amala with assorted vegetable stew full of fish, hide, bush meat and all that.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by fayahsoul: 5:21am On Jul 14, 2009
shesi:

that is absolutely completely wrong. If you got that from some school i'd get a refund for my tuition if i were you. lol

to be a black afurakan one most come through a black afurakan woman. period.

Only Goddesses(conscious or otherwise) can birth Gods.

Your slave mind always seeks validation from the white man's academia not knowing that they are all confused.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by ikeyman00(m): 5:27am On Jul 14, 2009
the ghanaian has spoken in ghanaweb
Comment: THIEF KUFUOR !
Author: Sir Zorgormizor
Date: 2009-06-14 00:41:52

"Thief Jimi Awie Kronfuor, the ugly black ape, BE THIEF, but his Ganjahene, the Cocaine Dwarf be Coca-ganja dwarf".

Comment: JAK-ass ?
Author: Sir Zorgormizor
Date: 2009-06-14 00:45:38

The notorious Thief JAK-ass is the leader of the thiefing APES and ELEPHANTS.

Comment: Re: WHO IS A THIEF?
Author: ARABA BANOA.
Date: 2009-06-14 05:31:26

Upon sober reflection on this piece, i bet Muntaka's action is a clear-cut case of thievery. Even his response to the charges brought againt him was so impotent

Author: Akadu Mensema
Date: 2009-06-14 00:55:59

You are giving Ewes a bad name with your anti-nationalist and Ewerized partisanship! The writer in my view has raised questions that should concern all Ghanaians! How about taking a break to scratch your stone-and-and-sand skin, aboafunu

did the ghanaian beleive they can fool nlers
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by oyinda3(f): 5:28am On Jul 14, 2009
@sheshi, she is a fashion designer. her spring/summer show consisted of an all black model cast. that's something that's very rare.
it's not the first time michelle have worn a piece from that collection.

here she is at an event to unveil a sojourner truth statue at emancipation hall.

i guess she wears theallet at events that have to do with black history. very interesting

ok. back to topic.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by faceless00: 5:42am On Jul 14, 2009
Oh my brothers and sister President Obama couldn't have visited Nigeria at this time, Nigeria is not politically healthy and stable, We could recalled sometime last year during Obama's campaign there was some unscrupulous element who held fund raising dinner on behalf of Obama as they said which Obama campaign immediately denounced, Who asked them for that? please i need answers,

Secondly You people needed to have seen how the Ghana presidential and parliamentary election was conducted I have never seen that before in the history of Nigeria I am pretty sure that Ghana Election was the best have seen in the whole of Africa as far as am concern so my brother and sister Obama pick the right place to visit in the sub Sahara

The refusal of President Barack Obama of the United States of America to visit Nigeria during his tour of Africa was an incident worthy of celebration for Nigerians.  

Cheers  tongue tongue
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Nobody: 5:44am On Jul 14, 2009
oyinda.:

ah sophie theallet's spring collection!!

oyinda.:

@sheshi, she is a fashion designer. her spring/summer show consisted of an all black model cast. that's something that's very rare.
it's not the first time michelle have worn a piece from that collection.

here she is at an event to unveil a sojourner truth statue at emancipation hall.

i guess she wears theallet at events that have to do with black history. very interesting

ok. back to topic.

interesting.

I wonder what happened to the Cuban designer whose outfit she wore at the inauguration.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by oyinda3(f): 5:48am On Jul 14, 2009
i'm sure she has many clients. she can't always restrict herself to one designer. she wore Kors in ghana sef
I just find it interesting that she wore a black models' supporter's designs to african/african -american events on two occasions.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by ikeyman00(m): 5:51am On Jul 14, 2009
abeg carry that fashsion talk commot for here
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Nobody: 5:51am On Jul 14, 2009
akigbemaru:

@FL Gator and Mandingo

Please, can you for once praise Nigeria too. The pretty saying says "a cow does not no the value of its tail until it's cut-off, I think Nigeria is doing great too. If you want the most complete in Africa, after you pick South Africa and Egypt; definitely Nigeria comes third. We could have overtaken Egypt anyway if we go by just (nominal GDP) but tourism is very high in Egypt.
We have a nominal GDP of $214 billions and PPP of $315 billions, while Egypt has nominal GDP of $182 billions and PPP $420 billions. Tell me what happens? Since Americans celebrate Pyramid and other Egyptian goods. They built many of them as monuments and figures across USA, this gives to multitudes of Americans visiting Egypt every year.

Ghana is a good country; but I will choose naija 10 times over it. The (Nonimal) GDP of just Lagos State is twice the Ghana's (ppp) GDP, meaning it's four times Ghanaian (nominal) GDP. Then, you have other state that are doing good too; Rivers, Ibadan, Kaduna, Abuja e.t.c. You can check about the Noninal GDP on google if you doubt me!

The only problem is mismanagement, every elected official right from councilor’s level must be hold accountable for their deeds.

Do you have an infatuation with my ID? Cuz I dnt know if I should consider this an accident, considering that this is not your first time including me in sth that does not concern me undecided
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by ikeyman00(m): 5:54am On Jul 14, 2009
me glad u have finally finally come to learn on how to read and write^^^^

saw u on ur profile cool
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by akigbemaru: 6:00am On Jul 14, 2009
@Faceless00
Oh my brothers and sister President Obama couldn't have visited Nigeria at this time, Nigeria is not politically healthy and stable, We could recalled sometime last year during Obama's campaign there was some unscrupulous element who held fund raising dinner on behalf of Obama as they said which Obama campaign immediately denounced, Who asked them for that? please i need answers,

Secondly You people needed to have seen how the Ghana presidential and parliamentary election was conducted I have never seen that before in the history of Nigeria I am pretty sure that Ghana Election was the best have seen in the whole of Africa as far as am concern so my brother and sister Obama pick the right place to visit in the sub Sahara

The refusal of President Barack Obama of the United States of America to visit Nigeria during his tour of Africa was an incident worthy of celebration for Nigerians.

Cheers

Who cares? Remember this is a bipolar world, if you don’t give a f.uck about some people other people care. When Obama bragging about not coming to Nigeria, Russian Presido exploited that means to transact and leave giant tentacles. Americans would not tell you they love how Russian Presido quickly came to Nigeria; but we just can’t help it.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 14, 2009
oyinda.:

i'm sure she has many clients. she can't always restrict herself to one designer. she wore Kors in ghana sef
I just find it interesting that she wore a black models' supporter's designs to african/african -american events on two occasions.

these celebrities know what they're doing.

The Theallar sef is a white woman- I just looked her up on google.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by faceless00: 6:02am On Jul 14, 2009
@akigbemaru

Come on no one is disputing the fact that Nigeria is Economically better than Ghana as me and you know we should have gone beyond where we are at the moment i noticed you mentioned mismanagement in your comment what causes mismanagement?, Nigeria needs to grow beyond where we are now in terms of politics and good governance. We have good business men and entrepreneurs in this country so we can make it Nigeria a better place more than what it is now.

Cheers
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 14, 2009
ikeyman00:

me glad u have finally finally come to learn on how to read and write^^^^

saw u on ur profile cool
Is this to me?
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by akigbemaru: 6:05am On Jul 14, 2009
@FL Gator

It's not y accident, I am specifically refering to you. You can't compare Ghana to Nigeria. If you want to compare it should be next state with higher GDP after Lagos State!
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by oyinda3(f): 6:05am On Jul 14, 2009
tpia.:

these celebrities know what they're doing.

The Theallar sef is a white woman- I just looked her up on google.

everything is calculated with them. lol
yea she is that's why it's very surprising that she would use just black models (which are usually rare in shows)
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 14, 2009
akigbemaru:

@Faceless00

Cheers

Who cares? Remember this is a bipolar world, if you don’t give a f.uck about some people other people care. When Obama bragging about not coming to Nigeria, Russian Presido exploited that means to transact and leave giant tentacles. Americans would not tell you they love how Russian Presido quickly came to Nigeria; but we just can’t help it.

can you people stop slobbering for goodness sake. Your ancestors must be turning in their graves right now.

I no be una ancestor but I must say this slavish behavior is really getting on my nerves. We kuku dont know the slaves from the general population as oyibo mixed everybody together and eliminated the old distinctions. But people's behavior is a red light pointing at their origins, for real. undecided

Isnt it this same Ghana that the current president immediately went to prostrate for TB Joshua as soon as he won the election? His own first official visit was to Lagos and TB Joshua  yet people want to die because Obama "didnt visit Nigeria" . Give me a break jo!

Who is fooling who for goodness sake. angry
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Nobody: 6:08am On Jul 14, 2009
oyinda.:

everything is calculated with them. lol
yea she is that's why it's very surprising that she would use just black models (which are usually rare in shows)

probably because of Obama's patronage.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by oyinda3(f): 6:12am On Jul 14, 2009
hmm that's true. u never kno. these designers sef will also always have their own best interest in mind.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Ifygurl: 6:15am On Jul 14, 2009
Don't know why i like repeating myself.

Ghana recently discovered oil which every nation in the world is trying to get their hands on.  Obama went to Ghana to create a relationship with them concerning that oil. Why didn't anyone write a topic saying "why did the british president go to Ghana instead of Nigeria".

Nigerians, everything is NOT about us. He didn't go to Algeria, Cameroon, Angola, Ivory Coast, Egypt, and much more African nation; you don't see any of them complaining now do you?
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 14, 2009
gosh, have Nigerians sunk so low to almost subhuman levels or have they always been this way?

worrying thought considering all those who insist blacks are only a degree above apes and below other races on the evolutionary scale!
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by shesi(m): 6:56am On Jul 14, 2009
Don't know why i like repeating myself.

Ghana recently discovered oil which every nation in the world is trying to get their hands on.  Obama went to Ghana to create a relationship with them concerning that oil. Why didn't anyone write a topic saying "why did the british president go to Ghana instead of Nigeria".

Nigerians, everything is NOT about us. He didn't go to Algeria, Cameroon, Angola, Ivory Coast, Egypt, and much more African nation; you don't see any of them complaining now do you?

oh i dunno, maybe because the british don't have a president?

listen, Obama did not come to Ghana for oil. Are you kidding me?  It's not like we've discovered the world's largest oil reserves. Besides, Americans don't need to send their president to Ghana for that. A simple phone call from washington would suffice. We get a lot of help from them each year.The Russians have just bought one of our oil fields and they didn't need to send their President over. How much more Americans.

While we're on it, it's nothing to do with Africom either. When Bush visited last year, Kufuor told him to his face at a public press conference that Ghana will never allow an american base on its soil. Sure maybe the americans sought to convince our new president, but again, they wouldn't need to send Obama to Ghana for that.  

This was just a goodwill visit to Africa in general. He needed a backdrop against which to deliver his main point, that "there is no development without accountability of leadership (which occurs through free and fair elections). Ghana served as the perfect backdrop.  We are proud of that.
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by ikeyman00(m): 6:57am On Jul 14, 2009
^^^^ obama visted ghana then what

nawooo
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by shesi(m): 7:27am On Jul 14, 2009
It's not y accident, I am specifically refering to you. You can't compare Ghana to Nigeria. If you want to compare it should be next state with higher GDP after Lagos State!

I'm not really interested in these comparisons, they are pointless. but i just want to point out that our Optimism as a nation is not due to the size of our GDP. It's more about the rate at which our GDP has grown. which is something like 800% in the last decade. Comparing GDP is like hiring employees by looking at their pictures only. Nigeria has a higher GDP than both Singapore and Malaysia. Fact.

But ghanaians are very good at hiding our problems from the outside though. Just look at how Rawlings and Kufuor were standing there like they're best of buddies when infact they are sworn enemies. Kufuor prosecuted Rawlings' wife for corruption and causing financial loss to the state, lol, Rawlings is advocating for Kufuor to be sent to the Hague for human rights abuses. All this is funny because Kufuor himself presided over an equally corrupt government and Rawlings talking about human rights abuse is like Hitler giving a lecture on Anti-semetism.lol
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by pek(m): 9:35am On Jul 14, 2009
can someone tell me with strong and good point why it should have been Nigeria first?
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by shigidi(m): 9:38am On Jul 14, 2009
@ shesi,
what the bloody hell are you chatting. Our GDP may be higher than singapore or malaysia but our GDP PER CAPITA is way lower. AND THAT IS WHAT MATTERS. cool cool
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by londoner: 9:50am On Jul 14, 2009
@Mandingo, you bare really just ignorant. Just google search Obudu ranch or calabar carnival.

Then again, you are just in typical American tradition to basque in your ignorance, lol
Re: Obama In Nigeria, Oh Sorry, Ghana! by skyy04(m): 9:52am On Jul 14, 2009
What amazes me is that the GIANT Nigeria is not listed among the countries tourist could visit, even Engineers and other professional are discouraged. To the westeners visit to Nigeria is a big risk which wort to be celebrated if one return unarmed.

As a Nigerian, I feel there's no law, it's a country where there is no justice etc Do we expect OBAMA to be in support of such country?

I can't see a way out until we change our perception in that country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan: Our Greatest Challenge Is Our Attitutude Not Corruption. / Comparing Jonathan Administration With Buhari Administration.. / Sanwo-Olu Directs Level 12 Civil Servants, Others To Resume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.