Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

The Church Is Now A Business! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Church Is Now A Business! (5653 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / Living Faith Church Is 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by bindex(m): 1:37am On Jul 14, 2009
Abuzola:

@david, did you forgot Nigeria, when it came to naija wat happened ? Probably fake pastors extorting money from people in the name of tithe and offering

And your own good for nothing Imams in Nigeria keep telling people to go and fight jihad and kill off all the infidels in the name for allah no?
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by No2Atheism(m): 1:43am On Jul 14, 2009
*Hauwa*:

i stopped watching Joyce program. you are right. . . one church i fancy so much is the Crystal Cathedral (Robert Schuller).
i think the guy lived a simple life (not sure but the story of his church is awesome. i like Graham too the rest are just making real cool dough.
i might stop buying their books now grin

@hauwa

I stopped buying and reading so called christian books like 2 yrs ago cus:

- the bible is the only book that is really needed if the truth be told, if they are so concerned about peoples welfare then they should make the books for free and give it out free.

- please do a little bit of research on Billy Graham and come back to give a statement on your research cus i don't want to put ideas into your head.

- You do not need anything more than the bible.
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by Hauwa1: 1:46am On Jul 14, 2009
oops! the only one i had wonderful thots about . . . oh well  sad

wetin person go do again
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by Hauwa1: 1:49am On Jul 14, 2009
No2Atheism:

@hauwa

I stopped buying and reading so called christian books like 2 yrs ago cus:

- the bible is the only book that is really needed if the truth be told, if they are so concerned about peoples welfare then they should make the books for free and give it out free.

- please do a little bit of research on Billy Graham and come back to give a statement on your research cus i don't want to put ideas into your head.

- You do not need anything more than the bible.

the bible that is true.
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by No2Atheism(m): 1:49am On Jul 14, 2009
davidylan:

From Robert Schuller's book, My Journey ,
"I met once more with the Grand Mufti (a Muslim), truly one of the great Christ-honoring leaders of faith. ,  I'm dreaming a bold impossible dream: that positive-thinking believers in God will rise above the illusions that our sectarian religions have imposed on the world, and that leaders of the major faiths will rise above doctrinal idiosyncrasies, choosing not to focus on disagreements, but rather to transcend divisive dogmas to work together to bring peace and prosperity and hope to the world, " p. 502

"Standing before a crowd of devout Muslims with the Grand Mufti, I know that we're all doing God's work together. Standing on the edge of a new millennium, we're laboring hand in hand to repair the breach." p. 501

And these wolves are leading some right into eternal damnation with their heresies.

@david i am telling you i am really worried about the faith and eternity of a lot of people cus it seems people tend to take people are face value instead of checking their history and lives and current decisions against what the bible really says.

For those who still believe Billy Graham is the next best thing since slice bread, please go ahead and listen to this

[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/axxlXy6bLH0&feature=related[/flash]

@Abuzola

You should take time to notice that David and I are not afraid to expose the truth and the false in all religions (christianity included), hence do yourself a favour by sitting down and asking yourself why u personally choose to be a muslim and not a christian and how u intend to get to your allah's heaven.

This is because the Messiah of the bible did not come to create a religion, he came to expose religion and expose the devil who had been imprisoning people through religion.

The Messiah told us the truth , hence it is the duty of anyone who believes the bible to also tell the truth even if it would cost him or her their lives,
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by Nobody: 1:59am On Jul 14, 2009
*Hauwa*:

oops! the only one i had wonderful thots about . . . oh well  sad

wetin person go do again

My sister . . . this is the endtimes, Jesus is the one we shld be looking up to now not these charlatans and unsaved wolves in sheeps clothing. Imagine Billy Graham saying muslims and those WHO DONT KNOW THE NAME OF JESUS will be in heaven? Did not the bible say that only in that name are we even saved in the first place? shocked

Watch TD Jakes himself . . .

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCb_GAV0_Nc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1[/flash]
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by folami86: 4:19am On Jul 14, 2009
davidylan:

My sister . . . this is the endtimes,
at davidylan:

The Bible (1st Peter 5:8 ) warns us about christians like David, Be clear-minded and alert. Your opponent, the devil, is prowling around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.

Lovers of Themselves (2nd Timothy 1-5)

But mark this, there will be terrible times in the last days  >>>>>>>>>>> slanderous, without self control, brutal, having a form of godliness, yet denying its power >>>>>>>>>> HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM.

Generally speaking - It's relevant for Christians to focus on the word of God because satan is out there trying to get you any way that he thinks will work.

My brother David, read James 4 verse 7
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by Nobody: 4:39am On Jul 14, 2009
folami86:

at davidylan:

The Bible (1st Peter 5:8 ) warns us about christians like David, Be clear-minded and alert. Your opponent, the devil, is prowling around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.

But mark this, there will be terrible times in the last days  >>>>>>>>>>> slanderous, without self control, brutal, having a form of godliness, yet denying its power >>>>>>>>>> HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM.

Generally speaking - It's relevant for Christians to focus on the word of God because satan is out there trying to get you any way that he thinks will work.

my dear, i think the Lord was warning us about itchy-eared folks like you who heap teachers of delusion to yourselves . . . teaching you only that ye want to hear. The bible said we should TRY EVERY SPIRIT and that BY THEIR FRUITS YE SHALL KNOW THEM . . .

i havent slandered anyone . . . i simply posted the truth. If it doesnt sit well with you, get your bible and crosscheck.
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by No2Atheism(m): 11:15am On Jul 14, 2009
folami86:

at davidylan:

@folami86

Wat is wrong with you people can u not hear or see the videos for yourselves. Can you not read the news-reports for yourselves. Can you not crosscheck the bible for yourselves. Do you not see that your responsibility/allegiance is strictly to the Creator and not to any pastor. Can u not see that even Paul corrected Peter wen Peter was erring contrary to the Word. Meaning that the Word was the standard and not the reputation of Peter.

What has David said that is contrary to the bible. You quote the bible yet you fail to see that what you quoted does not even add up to the purpose you are trying to use it for, you just choose a word out of context and then applied it to David.

Why not for once at least try and move back from all the church activities and for once focus on the Bible and actually crosscheck whether what these people are doing is biblical or not.

The bible told us not to forsake the gathering of the brethren for a reason and not just so that we would have a sheeple and group mentality.

RNKJV
Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promisedwink
Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Hebrews 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

The Profession of our faith is that SALVATION IS ONLY BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH IN THE MESSIAH, hence not only should be gather together, but we must exhort one another so that we would all continue to hold on to the knowledge of the truth even as wolves in sheep clothing continue prowl around devouring naive christians.

This much i know:

- Messiah did not tells us to pray to him, hence even those who pray to the Messiah are heretics.
- Messiah told us to pray to the Father.
- Messiah only told us to ask for something from the Father, through Him (i.e. by mentioning His name).
- Our salvation has nothing to do with any pastor or preacher, they are just vessels just like you and I, hence once they start misbehaving, it is criminal for anyone to keep quiet and say nothing.

Sincerely, I have had enough of people worshipping christians who fail to see that they are condemning many souls to hell when they fail to speak up against heresy and ungodliness.

Catholic Church started with a little heresy, now it is an untameble monster (until the appointed time off course according to book of revelations), Why the heck did you think the Bible called her mother of harlots i.e. she gave birth to other harlots. Meaning that there are also so called churches nowadays apart from the catholic church, who also preach and practise heresy hence they themselves are harlots.

Do you really expect a serious christian to keep quiet and do nothing.

For goodness sake read the bible you are trying to quote and stop quoting things out of context, you are attacking the wrong person. Instead do you best to tells us whether what you heard and see on the videos are not true.

Or else i would advise you to please dwelve into your bible, cus your lack of realisation that what is happening is exactly what was prohesiced of the endtimes and that there would be many false prophets has made you not to realise that Joel Olseen and Billy Graham are basically saying the same thing that is contrary to what the bible clearly states as a statement of fact.

- THE MESSIAH IS THE ONLY WAY TO THE FATHER, THERE IS NO OTHER WAY -

No2Atheism:

[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/axxlXy6bLH0&feature=related[/flash]

[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/KwL1DThtxYg
[/flash]

The statement of salvation is not a matter of judgement, the bible made it very clear that Salvation is through no other man and no other means except the Messiah Himself.

The question is that:

1. Do i know who is going to make heaven or hell at the end of the day amongst all who call themselves saved. NO
2. Do i know the minimum requirement and standard for anyone to even have a hope of making it to heaven. YES
3. What is the minimum standard and required to make it to heaven. SALVATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH IN THE MESSIAH ALONE.

this is not rocket science, this is clearly written and stated in the bible, hence for two people to clearly speak against it with their own mouths is evidence enough for people to stay clear of them, or have you not heard:

RNKJV
Matthew 10:32
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 10:33
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

The work of a pastor is not easy, yes, however it is not a prerequirement for accummulation of riches and deception of people. I was twice involved in fellowship administration issues at certain points in my life. Hence i know that whatever words come out of the mouth should always be the truth because of the number of people its going to affect.

so @folami86, if you choose to want to stand by these already exposed not-men of god and go  against what the bible clearly says, that is your choice. However a word is enough for the wise, do with it as you wise and continue to buy their books, pay their tithes, sow their monetary seeds and expect financial miracles, while real souls are perishing and being doomed to eternity because they are not being told the truth about salvation, redemption and the main purpose and reason for being saved.
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by MUZBO(m): 11:20am On Jul 14, 2009
GEW:

mishionu.  most of the dodgy batteries and watches being sold all over naija are from where?
Ka shiru! Whats this one saying? Do you buy watches/batteries from mosques? If you do then you must be quite dense!
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by horse703: 11:22am On Jul 14, 2009
dvaidylan did they buy those houses from the money theyve been collecting? or are they having any other work somewhere. if theve been using money from followers then it is a big shame, a very big one.
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by Duroe: 11:42am On Jul 14, 2009
Davidylan;
You sound like a true christian. I am too. It's unfortunate that these things are happening in the church. This further butress the fact that we are to look unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. I read bible more than books. I do not buy so called christian books until I have a good report on the writer.
Many christians have forgotten that their pastors are also human beings like themselves. They are prone to fall like Judas Iscariot and others in the Bible.
contune later.
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by banom(m): 11:43am On Jul 14, 2009
Davidylan, i have always liked you,but i must confes,i am now in love with you, unfutunately, i am a guy, but i dont know if you will be intresred ,i have a very beautiful younger sister there in America, if it will intrest you, i will offer her for marriage to you, Your list is quite impressing,

I am very happy the list of fraudlent pastors came from you, if the list had come from banom,Tudor or huxley etc, some sily nairaland christians would have called us all sorts of nasty names,

I guess your action now qualifies you to be called Atheist or God hater.

Just watch out for my next post  HOW TO DETECT FAKE PASTORS
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by muhsin(m): 11:46am On Jul 14, 2009
banom:

Davidylan, i have always liked you,but i must confes,i am now in love with you, unfutunately, i am a guy, but i dont know if you will be intresred ,i have a very beautiful younger sister there in America, if it will intrest you, i will offer her for marriage to you, Your list is quite impressing,

LOL grin grin grin
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by Tudor6(f): 11:57am On Jul 14, 2009
banom:

I am very happy the list of fraudlent pastors came from you, if the list had come from banom,Tudor or huxley etc, some sily nairaland christians would have called us all sorts of nasty names,

Just watch out for my next post  HOW TO DECTECT A FAKE PASTOR
banom where have you been?
We eagerly await your exposé on how to detect a fake pastor. These jesus goons need your direction. grin
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by No2Atheism(m): 12:49pm On Jul 14, 2009
ladygaga:

.it in the bivle, seek ye 1st the kingdom of ofGod and ALL OTHER THINGS SHALL BE ADDED ONTO IT, GOD IS NOT A GOD OF POVERTY, U CANT WORSHIP GOD IN TRUTH AND BE POOOR, NEVER

Here goes another person who does not actually understand what the bible clearly says.

- The Messiah Himself was not rich, even though He had the power and means to make people and Himself rich materially.
- The Apostles themselves could not be considered rich.

RNKJV
Luke 9: 58
58And Yahushua said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

meaning that he was basically homeless at that point in time. Hence i don't know where you are getting your view points from.

- The Messiah did not die to make you rich, He did died so as to save your souls.
Riches would follow later when He establishes His Kingdom on Earth, for now the work is to get by and spread the gospel so as to save souls.

Please read your bible and stop swallowing talking points of fake pastors, who always ask you  to sow seed into their own lives so as to make you rich  but never actually sow financial seeds into your own lives so as to make themselves rich.\
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by banom(m): 3:09pm On Jul 14, 2009
@ Tudor,
i was busy with some work,but i am almost rounding up, Just wait for the hit thread where i will show Nigerians how to detect those holy con men.
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by Tonyet1(m): 3:12pm On Jul 14, 2009
As for Joel osteen,

i literally shivered the day i watched that interview he had with larry King on CNN, prior to that time, i'd always seen him as a true Shepherd,

well i have told myself that i will never condemn them again but rather stay away from these league of wolverines, its scary to see the events of the END TIME right before my own eyes. Now one is not even sure of any shepherd you can stay under his covering. All our ministers do now is worship the SPIRIT OF MAMMON. may God help us all. i wasnt surprised at the likes of crefflo dollars and T.D jakes, i have even stopped listening to ROD PARSLEY, because all they tend to do it ask, ask and ask for money for some projects.

some months back i was watching Rod parsley and his "feed sudan" project, after monitoring how he received some huge donations, to my amazement, some few wks later this guy travelled to sudan, only called some few kids with kwashiokor (say 3) and was spoon feeding them at the same time asking begging for money/donations. and i asked myself, what do these guys use all the money people donate for?, could rod parsley tell me that all the money he received from that project could only feed just 3 unhealthy kids? while the next sunday later, i saw him advertising a new church building project of about **million dollars, why couldnt he have used that money for saving those dieing kids.

Imagine, renowned cultists like Jayz building a $26,000,000 irrigation canal for Angola all for free without asking anyone for donation, same with freemason Bill gates donating huge millions of dollars to fight malaria, all from his accounts. but taking it back to our MOGs you'll hear stories of them building a catedral for over 500million naira- 1 billion naira.

often times, i get angry at these MOGs who criticises the likes of TB Joshua, yeah am not a keen listener of His, but the question i ask myself is this "HOW COME IT IS THIS ACCUSED WOLVES AND EVIL MEN THAT DO THE WEIGHTIER THINGS OF THE GOSPELS , while OUR SO-CALLED SHEPHERD ARRAY THEIR MANIPULATIVE WEALTHS IN THEIR LEAGUES OF THE LIKES"

may God save us all, "unless the time of His coming be shortened, no flesh will be saved [from their manipulations] " - Jesus warned (Matt.24:22)
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by jagunlabi(m): 3:17pm On Jul 14, 2009
They are all holy "MEN OF CON",so they have to live an ostentatious lifestyles.I don't blame them,though,they are hustlers like everybody else.Whether their trade is honest hustling is another issue entirely.
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2009
horse703:

dvaidylan did they buy those houses from the money theyve been collecting? or are they having any other work somewhere. if theve been using money from followers then it is a big shame, a very big one.

yes . . . the Joyce Meyer "ministry" paid for and maintains her homes and those of her 4 children who, with their spouses, have no other jobs but work for the "ministry".

The ministry for some has become a family business.
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2009
banom:

Just watch out for my next post  HOW TO DETECT FAKE PASTORS

no sir . . . the Lord still remains GOOD.
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by PERVERT9: 7:51pm On Jul 14, 2009
its time i start my own church business grin grin
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by No2Atheism(m): 9:26pm On Jul 14, 2009
PERVERT9:

its time i start my own church business grin grin

Don't bother cus those fake pastors are going to pay for what they are doing , and its not going to be funny for them. Position of a Pastor is one of the most dangerous jobs that any man can aspire to cus of the physical and spiritual consequences of such a job.

The so called financial enjoyment is strictly just for a while, why the judgement starts even u sef would be suprised as to why.
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by SCYLLA: 9:35pm On Jul 14, 2009
and in the End only David and No2Atheism know the thoughts of God, I am sure the list of televangelists started like that.
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by dadde(m): 10:40pm On Jul 14, 2009
@davidlyian, i quite agree wit u dat d church has becomd a mega biz. Even d econoic crunch is not affectn most of them.it is a pity dat many have taken to pastorial jobs because of thier belly.d most irritatn thing is dat, u c people dat dnt even have formal educatn tryn to lead profs.(am not sayn educatn make one a beta minister).
Areas i dnt agre wit davidyan is d list he gave above.i think some of d people on that list are credible people wu have other means to help themselves. Som of dem have one time or the other given up their possessions 4 d propagation of the gospel.

@abuzola and mushin. Am very happy that u joined on this thread. Its only a good product will people like 2 fake.if There fake pastors,it means the good ones are out there. Islam is bad frm scrach dat's why no body want 2 fake it. Fake things no dey get fake. Good nite
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 14, 2009
dadde:

@davidlyian, i quite agree wit u dat d church has becomd a mega biz. Even d econoic crunch is not affectn most of them.it is a pity dat many have taken to pastorial jobs because of thier belly.d most irritatn thing is dat, u c people dat dnt even have formal educatn tryn to lead profs.(am not sayn educatn make one a beta minister).
Areas i dnt agre wit davidyan is d list he gave above.i think some of d people on that list are credible people wu have other means to help themselves. Som of dem have one time or the other given up their possessions 4 d propagation of the gospel.

who are those, let me remove them from the list.
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by No2Atheism(m): 10:55pm On Jul 14, 2009
dadde:

@abuzola and mushin. Am very happy that u joined on this thread. Its only a good product will people like 2 fake.if There fake pastors,it means the good ones are out there. Islam is bad frm scrach dat's why no body want 2 fake it. Fake things no dey get fake. Good nite

grin grin grin grin grin wat a wonderful quote, u better no let Ndigbo catch u cus dem still fit do fake of fake o grin grin grin grin abi u wan spoil market for Allah.
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by No2Atheism(m): 11:00pm On Jul 14, 2009
SCYLLA:

and in the End only David and No2Atheism know the thoughts of God, I am sure the list of televangelists started like that.

LMAO

As for me, I am actually the worst of sinners, hence  grin I am not claiming to be a Mr. Know-it-all far from it, the fact that i flirt a lot on nairaland is even enough evidence to show you that i would not nominate myself for Christian Grammy talkless of Pastor  cheesy cheesy cheesy.

All I am saying is that:

My standard of measurement of anybody is strictly the bible.

Hence i no send even if the person has the title of Reverend-Pastor-Bishop-Pope-Alien Lagbaja, once the person strays from the written word, then i start to have a problem with them.

@Davidy would answer for himself  grin
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by Tudor6(f): 11:02pm On Jul 14, 2009
No2Atheism:

Don't bother cus those fake pastors are going to pay for what they are doing , and its not going to be funny for them.
Position of a Pastor is one of the most dangerous jobs that any man can aspire to cus of the physical and spiritual consequences of such a job.

The so called financial enjoyment is strictly just for a while, why the judgement starts even u sef would be suprised as to why.
When will these fools pay for what they're doing? How long will it take your so called god to intervene? Most of them have been running their fraud for over 25years and in that time innocent members who just wanna seek god die of hunger and poverty, even successive generations of these fraudsters continue the business. Does yahweh not care?
It seems he enjoys seeing people being misled to hell fire. If he is a loving god as claimed as soon as these morons set up shop immediate intervention is seen. Yea well, One of the may flaws and contradictions in this yahweh character the isrealite tribesmen created.
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by JIL(m): 12:41am On Jul 15, 2009
It seems he enjoys seeing people being misled to hell fire. If he is a loving god as claimed as soon as these morons set up shop immediate intervention is seen. Yea well, One of the may flaws and contradictions in this yahweh character the isrealite tribesmen created.

This deluded goon is at it again. Making wild statements that he cannot prove. If your parents, who I learnt are 'christians' , did not give you proper training at home does not mean that you should hate christianity for it.

All your posts are ideas that emanate from your wicked,evil and deluded mind. If you feel so strongly about your views and are very sure about your position, how about saying same to your parents rather than recyling your evil thoughts on Nairaland over and over again.
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by Tudor6(f): 6:01am On Jul 15, 2009
JIL:

This deluded goon is at it again. Making wild statements that he cannot prove. If your parents, who I learnt are 'christians' , did not give you proper training at home does not mean that you should hate christianity for it.

All your posts are ideas that emanate from your wicked,evil and deluded mind. If you feel so strongly about your views and are very sure about your position, how about saying same to your parents rather than recyling your evil thoughts on Nairaland over and over again.
And here is a slowpoke who believes a dead white jew is gonna burst from the clouds to save him. Who's the deluded goon? Ha ha ha grin grin
Re: The Church Is Now A Business! by timmy7(m): 6:49am On Jul 15, 2009
Walai,u dey craze tudor grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Should Christians Use Social Media? / How To Convert An Atheist / Nigeria's Most Catholic States.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.