Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,851 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State (12959 Views)

BREAKING: Mayhem In House Of Reps Over South-east Devt. Commission / Stop Dialogue With NDA, MEND Or We Will Cause Mayhem – Militant Groups Warn / Fulani Herdsmen Cause Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:51am On Feb 26, 2016
ABEOKUTA—Six traditional rulers in Ijebu-Igbo in Ijebu North Local Government Area of Ogun State, yesterday, raised alarm over the alleged destruction of farmlands and the rape of women by Fulani herdsmen in the area. The monarchs said activities of the herdsmen and their cattle posed serious threat to security in the area.

Addressing newsmen at its inaugural meeting held at the secretariat of the local government in Ijebu-Igbo, the monarchs said it had become imperative for government to check the alleged destructive and nefarious activities of the herdsmen in the area before they get out of hand.

They appealed to Ogun State Government to take immediate steps to bar the herdsmen and their cattle from the community to avoid any form of confrontation between them and the people of Ijebu Igbo.

Three of the six traditional rulers, who constitute the council, the Sopen Lukale of Oke-Sopen, Oba Mufutau Yusuf; Kegbo of Atikori, Oba Ibitoye Solaja and Bejeroku of Oke Agbo, Oba Olaoye Abas, and 21 other chiefs and prominent indigenes of the town, who attended the meeting, stressed that the destruction of the town’s farmlands by the herdsmen had imposed untold hardship on the people of the community who are mainly farmers.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/fulani-herdsmen-rape-our-women-destroy-farmlands-ogun-monarchs/[/quote]
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:52am On Feb 26, 2016
Hmmmm...na wa o cry cry cry cry cry . This is very sad.

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by chriskosherbal(m): 7:53am On Feb 26, 2016
The government should swing into action immediately.

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:56am On Feb 26, 2016
chriskosherbal:

Which government? the one that hasn't said anything about the massacre that took place at Agatu, Benue state 3 days ago? Fulani herdsmen killed about a hundred people across 4 communities in Benue state. Have you heard anything from the government yet? Communities have to start arming themselves.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by asadike(f): 8:04am On Feb 26, 2016
An attack on fulani herdsmen is an attack on Buhari himself and he will forever remain silent on the issue. The onus lies on d state govt to save the people from dis wicked marauders.

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by talktimi(m): 8:22am On Feb 26, 2016
Continue waiting for government you hear, don't take situations in your own hands. Buhari is grand patron of Fulani herdsmen in Nigeria and supports each and every dastardly acts committed by his brothers so they can invade your farmlands and rapé your women without Buhari raising a finger. He will even be happy if the level of carnage is very high. Ask Agatu people if you think I'm lying.

I advice these Ijebu people to take matters into their own hands even if it's by juju and by arming themselves. They should just do something. Maybe when 500 cows somersault and die mysteriously then the herdsmen will behave themselves.

QUOTE ME ANYWHERE BUT ARGUE WITH YOUR ANCESTORS

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by babyfaceafrica: 8:25am On Feb 26, 2016
Okay....but I trust ijebu people ....when dem start there own...nobody should shout!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by ckmayoca: 8:38am On Feb 26, 2016
Fulani the real minority dealing with us all. These guys needs inter state closed massacre to eradicate them like nigeri and cameroun did to boko haram.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 26, 2016
chriskosherbal:

Dog no day chop dog. Buharis children nd grandchildren are doing the work of usman Dan fodio

Personally we all need guns and pistols in Nigeria now, someone like me, grin I'll shoot at sight any one of them I see.

Just catch one, put a gun from his right ear, pull the trigger, let the bullet run through and leave from his left ear... it's really gonna make sense.

12 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by phemmie06(m): 8:51am On Feb 26, 2016
This is getting too much, but it seems they felt they can do anything, Therefore let the president act, if truly he belongs to nobody but to everybody. It's high time he do something

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by EastanPower(m): 9:11am On Feb 26, 2016
I feel sad when I see people like Superstar1, Super1star rejoicing when the invading fulanis strike in Igboland.

We have to forge a united front to confront the menace of the fulani invaders from Fouta jallon.

I keep wondering why Buhari has been so silent about fulani attacks all over Nigeria while he is so quick to shoot down IPOB protesters. His brothers have been rated as the fourth deadliest terror group in the world yet Buhari has never thought it wise to ask soldiers to shoot them down.

I pity Omenka/Iroh88 and his people who are at the verge of being wiped out by the invading fulanis and their lands occupied for grazing cattle.
God is watching

MayorofLagos, Obiagelli, vedaxcool.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by EastanPower(m): 9:18am On Feb 26, 2016
Dominique & Lalasticlala.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by orunto27: 10:09am On Feb 26, 2016
"Yoruba Ronu". The Hausa/Fulanis are on the Prowl for some kind of vendetta, the reason for which is a curse on them by the arabs. Bokoharam is failing. And they are now trying other gangster acts to foster their focusless vendetta on the South. Their first act was the unwarranted search in 1984 for late Awo in Ikenne and Lagos. The second was the vindictive trial of late Ajasin. The third was the very rude and mischievous abduction of Chief Olu Falae. The fouth, the ongoing humiliation of Olu Ugbo by EFCC. The fifth, the ongoing malicious, guerrilla swagger to humiliate OONI, the apex of Yoruba Culture and Tradition by EFCC and DSS, a Daura headed security outpost and sixth, the now attack of all palaces, nooks and crannies of Ogun State, to the extent that the Obas are raising alarms. Seventh and more, all these are indications of a further extension and expansion of Hausa/Fulani Herdsmen's hooliganism to invade the SW. Yoruba, please think again. This message is for Yoruba youths, Yoruba Elders, Afenifere and the Cult of Yoruba Traditional Rulers. Your Governors have lost it to politics.

11 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
It still baffles me why the southwest would choose to ally with the North...They should let bygones be bygones and affiliate with the East...It's quite obvious anything North keeps dragging this country down from their illiteracy to their problems to even their religious fanaticism.

Now Nigeria has a president whom seems to represent all the ineptitudes the North stands for. There's no useful thing about the North, all they do is leech from oil Money and split it across their oligarchies...FVCKING USELESS REGION

I could be wrong but if the South Unite and break off together it would do both tribes a whole lot of good sad

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
angry
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
Na demdem grin

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by Wadesings: 12:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
All these fulani people don turn national nuisance. Government should do something about it fast
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by nbright: 12:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
What are your youths doing about it. The youths haveguns to rob others but they can't protect their women from rape from those useless Fulani's herdsmen

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by Sijo01(f): 12:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
Those guys are uncircumcised bamboo.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by Churchgeh(f): 12:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
N"ilu to loba to ni joye, these people think they can do and undo.

When none of the herdsmen have been displayed as a scape goat, that is why they still go on.

how i wish i could do somthing than just type angry

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by DankemzI(m): 12:21pm On Feb 26, 2016
Community youths should discreetly kill and bury this Fulani herdsman and merry with their cattle, while keeping watch over their farms. That's how they were eradicated from my place angry

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by Originality007: 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
sad sad
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by amunkita(m): 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
Monarch take heart, its the APC change ur people voted for...

if u offended by the above, pls help the monarch report his case to TINUBU...

12 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by demarc001: 12:23pm On Feb 26, 2016
Una sure say no be these women they rape the fulani herdsmen?

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by nbright: 12:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
Churchgeh:
N"ilu to loba to ni joye, these people think they can do and undo.

When none of the herdsmen have been displayed as a scape goat, that is why they still go on.

how i wish i could do somthing than just type angry
I once heard that they tried it in a place in Delta state, the youths there killed them and displayed their corpes on the rail, since then that community has been left alonebythese herdsmen

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by LordAdam: 12:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
Make una dey dia dey wait. No go buy gun and ammunition to protect yourselves.

The only language to use to communicate with these people is violence.

Had e been say na Delta Ijaw land these fulani people do diz rubbish na corpses with cow head them for dey show for TV.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by Captain1Nigeria(m): 12:29pm On Feb 26, 2016
hmmmm
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by chaberry(m): 12:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
This is the type of thread where yorrobbers will detest like Ebola

11 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by sweetgala(m): 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
Mrchippychappy:

Which government? the one that hasn't said anything about the massacre that took place at Agatu, Benue state 3 days ago? Fulani herdsmen killed about a hundred people across 4 communities in Benue state. Have you heard anything from the government yet? Communities have to start arming themselves.

Do you have fact, or is it hearsay as usual.

Because if for everytime Fulani men have been wrongly fingered for atrocities I get a dolla, I'd have billions
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Cause Mayhem In Ogun State by oboy3(m): 12:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
where are those yoruba who are always rejoicing when threads of Fulani attacking Igboland comes to Fp,,,
now where are they?mtccccheeeeewww

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Saraki Survived Four Years As Senate President Against All Odds / CCB Plans To Verify Makinde’s N48bn Assets, Others / Kano: Appeal Court Reverses Tribunal's Sack Of Reps Member, Yerima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.