Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,956 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation (16343 Views)

EPL: Michael Emenalo Blamed For Chelsea’s Woes / Why NFF Should Invite Sofia Omidiji To The Falconet Team / Five Coaches NFF Should Have Gun For. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by robosky02(m): 9:59am On Feb 26, 2016
Why NFF Should be blamed for Olisehs’ Resignation

While it is easy to blame and castigate Oliseh as insensitive for resigning just before an important game. it is also important to see why he made his decision and why the NFF should bear the blame.

1.They refuse to pay the coach as at when due.

2. They sack his backroom staff (Tijani Babangida) against his wish. The same thing they did to Stephen Keshi when they sack his assistant whom he has to pay by himself.

3. They kill players moral. Example the CHAN eagles were not paid bonus as at when due. How do you expect them to perform magic?

4. Taking a games to a venue even against the wish of the coach and players
The formula in football is “don’t change a winning team”. So if they are getting the result in Port Harcourt why change the venue at a most crucial game. The same thing they did that cost us qualification for world cup

5. They refuse to fund the coach’s trip to monitor his players.
Do you expect him to use his personal money for national assignment, which NFF or senator will do that?

6. Lack of total support and backing to the coach.
In the words of

Oliseh: “Due to Contract violations, lack of Support, Unpaid wages, Benefits to my players, Asst. Coaches & myself, I resign as Super Eagles Chief Coach.”

7. Complete lack of Focus.
While Egypt is taking the game against Nigeria with all seriousness having line up a friendly Burkina Faso to fine tone their strategy.
Nigeria has no plan for friendly, no plan for any good camping not even the players needed have been invited. Instead they are insisting the coach should come and defend those he wants to invite.

Note: NFF should be blamed if we don’t qualify for AFCON

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by robosky02(m): 10:58am On Feb 26, 2016
now they have thier way

just waiting to hear we dont qualify then we go know....
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by robosky02(m): 1:42pm On Feb 26, 2016
Nigeria's AFCON hopes in tatters after Oliseh shock exit
by Staff Reporter

Friday Feb 26, 2016. 13:52

Nigeria’s campaign for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations has suffered a massive setback after coach Sunday Oliseh quit on Thursday.

Oliseh, who is just eight months into a three-year contract, said he quit after he did not enjoy the support of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), who also breached his contract severally.

And this comes just a month to a crunch home game against Egypt in the northern town of Kaduna with the reverse leg two days later in Cairo.

He is owed at least four months’ pay and has been unable to tour Europe as proposed to visit some of the country’s top stars ahead of crucial Nations Cup qualifiers against seven-time champions Egypt.

“We have received Oliseh’s resignation and we will meet and decide on what next,” said a shaken NFF general secretary Mohammed Sanusi, who spoke from Zurich where delegates have gathered for today’s FIFA presidential polls.

Last year, Nigeria failed to defend the Nations Cup title they won in 2013 in South Africa after they were upstaged by South Africa and Congo Brazzaville in the qualifiers.

The three-time African champions are also in danger of missing out on a second straight tournament as they are two points behind Egypt after two rounds of matches with only the overall group winners guaranteed automatic qualification to next year’s competition in Gabon.

Former national team official Ben Alaiya said Oliseh’s resignation has further compromised the country’s qualification chances.

“It’s a shock. He should not have quit, it was like abandoning the ship in the middle of the sea. It was a big slap to 180 million Nigerians,” he said.

“But we must move ahead and look at the options because we have very important games against Egypt next month.”

Former Nigeria international Dosu Joseph said the NFF must move quickly to appoint a successor to stay on track for Gabon 2017.

“Many of us saw this coming, but we now need to move forward because we have beat Egypt at least at home or else kiss goodbye to the Nations Cup,” he warned.

“The NFF must now sit up for the matches against Egypt because it will be a disaster if we failed again to qualify for the Nations Cup.”

Former Nigeria coaches Shuabu Amodu and Samson Siasia are the early front runners as caretaker coaches before a substantive coach is named.

The experienced Amodu has severally handled the Eagles, qualifying Nigeria to the 2002 and 2014 World Cups, and he is currently the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) technical director.

Siasia posted a short stint as Eagles between 2010 and 2011. He was sacked after he failed to qualify Nigeria to the 2012 Nations Cup jointly hosted by Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.

Emmanuel Amuneke, who has been promoted to the Under-20 national team after he led the Golden Eaglets to a fifth FIFA U17 World Cup in November, could also be considered for the country’s top coaching post.

However, it is expected that Salisu Yusuf, who has assisted Oliseh, will stay on to be a link between the coach and the team his former boss was trying to build before he threw in the towel.

cc:lalasticlala
http://mtnfootball.com/news/614561/Nigerias-AFCON-hopes-in-tatters-after-Oliseh-shock-exit
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by robosky02(m): 2:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
The former Super Eagles coach has said that NFF are chief culprits in the ever present troubles bedeviling the team's previous coaches while appealing for lasting solutions

Chief Adegboye Onigbinde has blamed the administrative failures of the Nigeria Football Federation as being responsible for the recurring trend of coaching problems in the Super Eagles.

His comments follow the decision of Sunday Oliseh to throw in the towel and quit as the Super Eagles manager barely eight months in the saddle on Friday.

Oliseh, a former Nigeria international, was named the Super Eagles gaffer in July 2015, his first major coaching job, following the sacking of his former team mate Stephen Keshi.

His acrid comments following following the Eagles' early elimination from the African Nations Championship last month saw him enter into a running battle with his employers, the NFF.

The 41-year-old gave reasons why he took the crucial decision that threw Nigeria into disarray citing his employers' lack of support and contractual failings - similar faults raised by former coaches.

In a soft backing, the former Nigeria coach said he suffered the same fate just as many after him, including Oliseh, stressing that the problems Super Eagles coaches had faced were administrative and not technical.

"It is not a new thing," Onigbinde began narrating his horrible experience as Super Eagles manager to Goal.

"I was the first coach to be directly appointed though some acted before me but this was a direct as head coach of the Super Eagles in 1983.

"And I went through hell but thank God I am alive today. My annual salary then was about 10,000 naira. My official vehicle was a [Volkwagen Beetle] car.

"Throughout my three years stay I did not have an official room as a residence. For a whole year I was not supplied with balls from January to December in 1983.

"With all modesty, if you see it as a national service to your nation you must be able to endure some things to make some sacrifice.

"I requested for 30 balls but the then chairman of NFA wanted to beat me up for requesting for more than two balls.

"The painful aspect of it was that if i was a white man requesting for 30 balls he would send someone to Germany to bring 100 balls.

"In one word, each time I'm saying the problem with our football is administrative, people tend to think I want to abuse them or expose them.

"What has been happening all through are they technical issues? No, they are administrative. And this is where it has gotten us to.

"So what we need to do now is to learn from the past and improve knowing that the beginning of lunacy is doing the same thing the same way all over and over and expecting a different result. We cannot get a different result."

He, however, urged the NFF to look at finding lasting solutions to the recurring administrative issues that are ruining the good prospect of the national team.

According to him, the NFF needs to act fast to avoid seeing the country missing out of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon.

"It is unfortunate, but I usually don't bother my head with problems but solutions. What do we do from now?

"Once an event has taken place, we can't recall it. So what to do is to move forward. What should we do from now because the next important engagement before us is so short.

"The shortness is crucial but at the same time what matters is what we do between now and the next game against Egypt. That's why I believe the authority should get themselves together and find a solution," he concluded.

Uncertainty now rocks the fate of Nigeria's qualification for the 2017 Afcon following Oliseh's sudden resignation with less than 30 days to its crucial duel against Egpyt.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/17252/super-eagles/2016/02/26/20727072/nffs-failings-are-responsible-for-recurring-coaching-woes?ICID=HP_HN_HP_RI_1_3

1 Like

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by jerryunit48: 4:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
Ha , Oliseh is just a low class coach as simple as that, world class coaches are more criticized ask Morinho , I will only believe the no support one from NFF

4 Likes

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by coded01: 4:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
Who cares? angry

Nigeria keep recycling the same people... angry

1 Like

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by maestroferddi: 4:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
Are you for real?

Oliseh's resignation should be the best thing happening to our football in recent times.

That dude is a disaster waiting to happen. He appeared hell-bent on taking the progress made so far at least ten years
back.

No sentiments here.

9 Likes

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by Sunnycliff(m): 4:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
Nigeria problem is always multifaceted and Hydraheaded! No change in view!!

2 Likes

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by lekjons(m): 4:14pm On Feb 26, 2016
after blaming NFF, what?!

2 Likes

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by sample042(m): 4:14pm On Feb 26, 2016
... I knew he was never gonna last...

1 Like

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by seyema(m): 4:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
observing

1 Like

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by mistayeancah(m): 4:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
Welcome to Nigeria! Awon...
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
juust like that.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by dammytosh: 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
No accomodation

Imagine them asking him to report to the NFF Technical Director (Shaibu Amodu)

If Amodu was that good, why did we change him ?

He served them right because they were planning to sack him any way.

To all those screaming and abusing Oliseh, If you can work for 5MONTHS with your family waiting for you and still plenty demands from you. You should talk.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by dammytosh: 4:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
jerryunit48:
Ha , Oliseh is just a low class coach as simple as that, world class coaches are more criticized ask Morinho , I will only believe the no support one from NFF

Nobody owes Mourinho money.

Have you ever heard that players were not paid ?

Did Chelsea board ask Mourinho to move to England without paying him enough to secure accomodation / talk about his accomodation allowance.

We have very useless people at the helms of affairs. We should just deal with it

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by Collinsc252: 4:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
On sunday Oliseh 's resignation :

It's very unfortunate that it happened at this critical moment of our Nation's football .
I also shared on sentiments of Nigerians and their football managers (NFF ).
Can we be objective to this scenario ,according to his twitter msg and the interview of his colleague Tijani Babangida by channels television this morning,Oliseh and his coaching crew were not getting required financial and psychological cooperation to execute their responsibilities from NFF who employed them .
Unfortunately For NFF and Nigerian football fans Oliseh is a personality that refuses to work with bare hands,empty stomach and moral support.A personality that refuses to soil his hands in immoral,unethical,corrupt and other compromising behaviors just to be Head coach of super eagle.
Unfortunately we belong to a society where some abnormal practices are termed normal,where emotions,sentiments and sympathies rule.Just like any other Nigerian institutions Members of NFF are more interested in what enters their private pockets rather than taken care of players and the officials.
To my understanding Oliseh acted professionally,ethically and for the best interest of Nigerian football.Such action is welcomed and it served right to NFF.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
Agreement is agreement

On the other hand, his CV has something added
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by emmabest2000(m): 4:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
Oliseh is a greedy man ..

Let him go jareee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by jerryunit48: 4:23pm On Feb 26, 2016
dammytosh:

Nobody owes Mourinho money.

Have you ever heard that players were not paid ?

Did Chelsea board ask Mourinho to move to England without paying him enough to secure accomodation / talk about his accomodation allowance.

We have very useless people at the helms of affairs. We should just leave with it
you just summarized what I was saying , I understand the issue of no payment but other issues ehhh Oliseh needs to grow up

1 Like

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by Calebosko(m): 4:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
Or y nff should be tanks for olisehs resingnation
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by emymeeky: 4:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
shocked
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by Bhayomi(m): 4:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
Na Naija we dey.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by repogirl(f): 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
The NFF is actually the reason why our football is the way it is. We have great players who excel outside this country, so our problem is definitely not from the players, or even the coach. It is the manager.

This is certainly not the last time, they will continue their rubbish, as far as no one is there to keep them in check.

6 Likes

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by mildflame: 4:26pm On Feb 26, 2016
Ogbeni this is no NEWS, every other coach have gone thru same. He is a STUPID FOOL I so supported and he has got no EXCUSE
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by dammytosh: 4:27pm On Feb 26, 2016
jerryunit48:
you just summarized what I was saying , I understand the issue of no payment but other issues ehhh Oliseh needs to grow up

Same way Mou need to grow up.

You can't separate people's personal character from what they do on the job.

That is why there is reference, and background check , interviews etc before you engage some one.
Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by ezera(m): 4:28pm On Feb 26, 2016
only in Nigeria you see coaches defending call ups and tactics before matches.

1 Like

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by 4C2215131: 4:29pm On Feb 26, 2016
twoondei:
Agreement is agreement

On the other hand, his CV has something added

Word!

1 Like

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by airsaylongcon: 4:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
Everyone screaming to defend Oliseh should take note of this. While he sat at supersports studio criticising and fantasising about how he would push a player into more attacking or shutdown a game, Keshi and all other Coaches were roasting. Going for months unpaid. But none of them ever ran in the face of battle. Keshi was owed months of salary and he didn't resign.

Mr Oliseh please next time don't run your mouth if you know you can't stand the pressure. Only those in the kitchen know how hot d fire is

2 Likes

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by dammytosh: 4:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
mildflame:
Ogbeni this is no NEWS, every other coach have gone thru same. He is a STUPID FOOL I so supported and he has got no EXCUSE

All the people who went through NONE PAYMENT of salary and hung onto NFF as if their future depend on it are simply MEDIOCRES.

You know what i like about his resignation, When Keshi submitted CV for a job, he was sacked for breach of contract.

When Oliseh heard about offer of 100,000 dollars a month for another coach, he quitted ove same breach of contract.

1. 5 MONTHS without salary

2. No accomodation in Nigeria against agreement

3. No motivation for the boys who will do the job

4. Him reporting to SHUABU AMODU ... WHAT AN INSULT.

They set him to fail and he did the smartest thing. Pull the trigger before they do.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why NFF Should Be Blamed For Oliseh's Resignation by dammytosh: 4:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
repogirl:
The NFF is actually the reason why our football is the way it is. We have great players who excel outside this country, so our problem is definitely not from the players, or even the coach. It is the manager.

This is certainly not the last time, they will continue their rubbish, as far as no one is there to keep them in check.

You are right my dear.

Imagine the winners of CHAN were rewarded immediately they got home with Cars and Cash.

While our Under 17 World cup winners are still struggling for their reward till this year.

NFF and all EX Players are the problem we have in NIgeria Football. They need to GOO

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking / Nusara Suknamai: Leicester Refuse To Pay Compensation To Family After Crash / Barcelona Expects Chelsea Bid For Coutinho If Their Transfer Ban Is Delayed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.