Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally (40484 Views)

5 Habits That Will Make You Poor For Life / Bad Office Habits That Will Guarantee Getting You FIRED! / 17 Simple Habits That Make You Look More Professional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
Habits is a usual way of behavior: more importantly, something one does in a regular or repeated pattern {Merriam-Webster}. Your habit could be anything you love doing irrespective of the fact that it is or may be detrimental and carries a negative effect.

This is one reason why a kleptomania will see no wrong in stealing continuously and consecutively even if caught.

Habit can be inborn or innate and can also be picked up overtime either by observation or as an influence from our nearest environment. But the good thing is that you can overcome.

To be well placed and successful, you need to be able to put your negative habits in check and build upon the positive ones.

Without deviating, we are talking about your life here (no disrespect!) and I will put it to you that you are already struggling because you are not the master of all your habits and little wonder you get so depressed and dejected most times.

Every man has a negative behavioral imprint and I will show you some of them that will perpetually stand as a stumbling block to your overall progress, let’s get down to business!

DEADLY HABITS THAT WILL MAKE YOU UNSUCCESSFUL AND STRUGGLE ETERNALLY IN LIFE

Below I will outline some of the habits and possible solution to override their effects and also, I believe with the insight gotten from this article, you can do some more self-evaluation and come up with more and see if you can improve positively.

deadly habits that will make you unsuccessful and struggle eternally in life

YOUR DAILY ROUTINE IS NOT IN A PATTERN AND IS DISORGANIZED

The start of everyday for everyone is the onset of another struggle to stay alive and achieve more. It’s not just enough to wake up in the morning and think the day will set itself in motion.

Most of us have no routine and this makes the whole concept of time and taking control seem totally foreign. May I ask you the following questions?

When do you wake up every morning?
What do you do when you wake?
Do you plan your day?

70% will be answer in the negative and this is the difference between you and that man who keeps raking in all the accolades and success.

Always try to wake up at the same time every day, even if you are sleeping late, just try to sleep early to wake up early!

Don’t just wake at the same time but try to wake up very early each day, least 6am, this gives you an head start into the day before others.

Most important, plan your day and stop letting life take you by surprises and by the collar.

YOU ARE YET TO DEFINE YOUR SOURCE OF HAPPINESS

Do you know the power to do more and exceedingly, is in the ability to discover what makes you happy and ultimately pushing towards it.

Most of us don’t have a defined source of happiness and so, waking up each day becomes a hard chore because you have no source of inspiration.

Define your source of happiness and you will be surprised how well you will take on each challenge as they come, your happiness source could be a loved one, your job, your hobby and passion, your dream and aspiration… and if you don’t have any then make the RESULT OF SUCCESS your happiness source.

Always imagine the kind of comfort you will get if you can conquer and succeed, that alone will give you all the push you want with an unwavering amount of confidence to do exploit.

YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY NEGATIVITY AND ILL FEELING

Damn you my friend if the force and energy around you is dark. Negativity is like a malignant cancer and it will eat up at you from inside. Ill feelings are the behavioral locusts and they will eat at you from outside and at the end, you become a living cadaver.

No love lost, but you should learn to analyze your environment for any sign of negativity and discouragement that will put you down, strife and ill feelings will do you no good too.

Learn to always voice out how you feel at all times and stop bottling emotions up, you will implode into a paranoid with a degraded self-worth and esteem.

Look for places and people that always bring out your best and make you see positivity and light, stop self-pity and never ever compare yourself to anybody, not even ME!

SCARED TO TAKE RISKS AND LACK OF TRUST IN YOUR INSTINCTS

My motto has always been, “BEAR A RISK TO AVOID A RISK” sound bare but it’s a coded message if you can decipher.

My friend, let me open your eyes to the guarded secret of life,

“THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FOR THOSE WHO CAN TAKE RISKS AND TRUST THEIR INSTINCTS.”

Trying to be simple and tethered is great but the feeling of been free and able to explore all risks is heavenly. I am not advocating you engage in ventures that are dangerous, negative or that you already know the results will be dead on arrival.

Don’t hold yourself back, smell the coffee and fly to the stars, the worst is that you will fail but hey, you are experienced now and you will only get better.

Do not be a mediocre because of fear, or do you want to keep licking the icing without been able to eat the cake?

YOU DON’T KNOW YOUR SELF WORTH, POTENTIAL AND CANNOT CONCENTRATE

No one is worthless in life and I believe you already know this, then what is the problem? You cannot concentrate and discover your innate potentials.

No one is a mistake, inasmuch as you are on planet earth, you already have a great purpose to the grand scheme of things, the only issue is you don’t value yourself high and how do you want others to?

Why not sit and try to know what your strong points are, what purpose you want to drive to and what potential is in you that can be set in motion to achieve more.

The only way to do this is to learn to concentrate better, stop having divided attentions and put all your focus on one course and see if you will not do exploits!

YOU DON’T MAINTAIN CONNECTIONS AND ARE NOT APPRECIATIVE

How appreciative are you? I guess not, because you have a low concept of the idea behind maintaining connections and working as a team.

No man is an island, and I am not saying you should make friends with everyone but align with people with the same drive and motive as you and see if achieving great things will not be a piece of cake.

Connections will always prove beneficial in life and at any stage you find yourself, so start to build them now and learn to be more appreciative for any little thing been offered to you.

The test of man is in little things and you will know how he will handle larger things.

Meet with people of like minds and share dreams and aspiration and this will ease your struggle in life.

CONCLUSION

These habits are ultimate hindrances to your success and the purpose of this article is not to scare you but to tell you to get bigger and better.

Most importantly you just have to be yourself and change from negative to positive!

SOURCE: http://collegereap.com/deadly-habits-that-will-make-you-unsuccessful-and-struggle-eternally/

Secretatio

102 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by Testerfuze(m): 12:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
Not knowing one's self-worth is a major problem we Nigerians are facing especially the graduates....imagine a bank job that'll take away most of your time and pay little
be looking for geniuses and thanks to the unemployment rate in our country where graduates now ride marwa yes they'll get it.
Some people have the potential to become something great in life but because of our immediate needs they choose to settle for less,patience is the key although it might be hard and tough at the initial stage but with believe and hardwork i believe nothing is impossible and no height is unnatainable.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by firstking01(m): 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
No carry over yesterday's duty to today's duty, unless except the case necessitates it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by lekjons(m): 3:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
Nice post!

Life isn't easy at all especially for the male folks..

1 Like

Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by sugardad1(m): 3:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
I hear
Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
ok..
Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
We'll all have to agree that it takes a degree of self-regimentation to build a pedigree. This is why soldiers can still function optimally in situations as chaotic as asymmetrical skirmishes.

No wonder Nigeria has so many ex-military men in a civilian government. Their training makes them natural winners.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by emymeeky: 3:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
wink
Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by dseyi61: 3:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
Noted coolNoted
Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by Lilimax(f): 3:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
undecided
Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by laksides: 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2016
Nice write up Mr op.
I do think deeply sometimes how we youth of nowadays do reasoning by claiming we want to be successful without major tangible effort. No planning, aims or goals and everybody want to be at the top of the ladder.
Even if you are destined to be successful In life, you can never achieved that until you works towards it because success don't come overnight.
Now let me put you through some illustration to back my claimed wink
As a youth of today in Nigeria, to be successful we need to have this agenda in our life plans.
1. Dream or profession: no matter what you want to becomes in life, you must first have a dream of it.
like christiano Ronaldo once said in his quotes " A dream is not what you dream about while sleeping, A dream is what is disturbing you not to sleep.
2. Effort: Abraham Lincoln says Vision without action is a day dream. No matter how big your plan and dreams they will never become reality until you act on them.
3. Expect less from anybody: never get to attached to anyone, because attachments always lead to expectation and expectation always leads to dissapointment.
4: Determination: there are some people who will like to block you from acheiving your goals, never mind the obstacles just stay determined and focused.
Life is a football game, never mind the kicks of opponent because without kicks you may not reach your goals.
Messi againSt Bayern a good example grin
5. Be prayerful and be giving thanks to God on the little you achieved so far....

Lakside tongue

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by ElDaIllest(m): 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2016
Dream,obsession, plan,execution, persistent, persistence again,that's the only secret for success I know...what about you?

2 Likes

Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by Shehucom(m): 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2016
Even visiting nairaland is becoming an habit
Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by Harvigh(m): 3:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
okay...what if you keep getting confused about what you actually want in life?
You want to get to a level in your life but every passing day, it keeps looking like the dream of you getting there is nothing more than a hallucination, what do you do in this kind of situation please?

3 Likes

Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by scarffield(m): 3:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
Waiter!!!!!!.....give d op 30bottles of orijin!
Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by Osirimononaye(m): 3:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
Always chasing small small girls around grin grin i know lala is guilty of this
Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by VickyRotex(f): 3:23pm On Feb 26, 2016
lekjons:
Nice post!

Life isn't easy at all especially for the male folks..

It's 2 sided.

It's both.

We don't wanna throw a debate on this.

2 Likes

Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by bedspread: 3:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
SIN

STEALING
LYING
IMMORALITY
ABOMINATIONS
MURDER
UNBELIEF IN GOD
WHOREDOM
AND ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS WOULD PUT YOU IN JEOPARDY NOT JUST ETERNALLY BYT FOR ETERNITY!!!! HELL FIREREEEEEE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by VickyRotex(f): 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
Harvigh:
okay...what if you keep getting confused about what you actually want in life?
You want to get to a level in your life but every passing day, it keeps looking like the dream of you getting there is nothing more than a hallucination, what do you do in this kind of situation please?

If it's what you actually want, you can't get confused about it.

Just to encourage you.

5 Likes

Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by aventura: 3:26pm On Feb 26, 2016
Procrastination kills faster than Aids.

1 Like

Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by banmee(m): 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
I agree with everything but the first one. The morning is not the time to plan. Successful people/managers plan the night before to get ready for the next day. The night before is like making hay while the sun shines. So many things can go wrong in the morning that may slow you down. But if you had planned in advance, you could mitigate those clogs in the wheel.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by demarc001: 3:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
Sense making sha
Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by Harvigh(m): 3:42pm On Feb 26, 2016
VickyRotex:

If it's what you actually want, you can't get confused about it.

Just to encourage you.
Thanks a lot bruv..
Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by siegfried99(m): 4:03pm On Feb 26, 2016
Nice points
Re: Deadly Habits That Will Make You Unsuccessful And Struggle Eternally by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:05pm On Feb 26, 2016
Very well written Secretario. Its posts like this that should always make it to the front page. Cheers

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Slashes November Salaries, Civil Servants Cry Out / Top 5 High Paying Side Hustles For Working Class People / Lasisi Hadji Alli Dies: Oldest Practising Surveyor In Nigeria Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.