Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki (33642 Views)

"I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi / PDP Senators Walk Out As Senate Confirms Amaechi As Minister (Photos) / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by gistyinka(m): 12:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
Speaking on Friday during the StateCraft Masterclass event at the Social Media Week, Lagos, Saraki said his assets declaration trial is more of ‘persecution’ than an actual fight against corruption.

When asked by Declan Galvin of Sahara Reporters why he had thus far, failed to walk away from the position of Senate President, he said: “It is not a fight against corruption, it is more about being persecuted.”

He further stated that: “We are public servants and you must fill your asset declaration form when you get in office and I did mine 13 years ago.”

“The charges have nothing to do with corruption or money being stolen anywhere and that is why at the end of the day, I will have my day in court. Because it is not about corruption.”

“I don’t understand how the same organisation that cleared my asset declaration to be proper in 2004, 2009 and 2011 can suddenly wake up and say that my record is faulted.”

The Senate President however, declined to say who is persecuting him with the assets declaration trial.

#SMWLagos : Reason Why I Won't Resign as Senate President -- Bukola Saraki

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by 989900: 12:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
Pa Chukwudi, over to you!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by EasternActivist: 12:39pm On Feb 26, 2016
Saraki we gat you...
Carry on my senate president...

Persecution instead of fighting corruption that's understandable to us now.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by seunmsg(m): 12:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
He either resigns honourably or get thrown out by the court in shame. It's his choice to make.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by babyfaceafrica: 12:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
He believe in alfas in Ilorin,who no dey sleep and wey no dey see sun..God dey

16 Likes

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by EasternActivist: 12:59pm On Feb 26, 2016
[s]
seunmsg:
He either resigns honourably or get thrown out by the court in shame. It's his choice to make.
[/s]

Misappropriated priority. And mischanneled contribution.

You should be addressing that to the finance minister by name kemi who in her foolishness and unprofessionalism is trying to ground this economy to a halt.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by Trailblazer1(m): 1:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by Tunami(m): 1:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
he should remain there because resignation is a taboo in nigerian politics. Yeye polithiefcians.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by brainpower(m): 1:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
Some people are just scared that they won't return to Aso Rock by 2019 of people like this are not brought down. Next will be Atiku cos they know that if the elections were left to them alone, they wouldn't win. They had better start working cos propaganda and media trials won't stand as campaign points in the next 4years, sorry I mean 3years.

You can't persecute everyone. This man tries to reach the common man in the street, he knows what we really need in this 21st century unlike those that stayed behind in this 20th century.

In as much as I support the fight against corruption like in the case of the former minister of interior, Bala Mohammed, I urge those that are just being persecuted now to hold on. 2019 is around the corner. They will come to beg you to help them win

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by kuuljay(m): 1:47pm On Feb 26, 2016
Nobody can persecute you, what are the courts for,abeg go and clear your name in court if your hands are clean

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by EasternActivist: 1:50pm On Feb 26, 2016
kuuljay:
Nobody can persecute you, what are the courts for,abeg go and clear your name in court if your hands are clean

Of course he is not shying away from that. He will go and Shame you haters for sure.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by seunmsg(m): 1:50pm On Feb 26, 2016
EasternActivist:
[s][/s]

Misappropriated priority. And mischanneled contribution.

You should be addressing that to the finance minister by name kemi who in her foolishness and unprofessionalism is trying to ground this economy to a halt.

You ipob clowns can't do without talking about Kemi Adeosun. Do you see her in your dreams? This thread is about Saraki, stick to topic and stop derailing with your unnecessary obsession with the finance minister.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by kuuljay(m): 1:55pm On Feb 26, 2016
EasternActivist:

Of course he is not shying away from that. He will go and Shame you haters for sure.
so why the noise then

10 Likes

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by EasternActivist: 2:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
kuuljay:
so why the noise then

You call it noise but I call it warning/notice for some hateful souls that thinks they can see him go down...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by kuuljay(m): 2:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
EasternActivist:

You call us noise but I call it warning/notice for some hateful souls that thinks they can see him go down...
read what you wrote carefully with your eyes closed and listen to yourself, then try to understand the concept of law and justice.a man who knows he is innocent does not panic, or warn anybody

12 Likes

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by EasternActivist: 2:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
kuuljay:
read what you wrote carefully with your eyes closed and listen to yourself, then try to understand the concept of law and justice.a man who knows he is innocent does not panic, or warn anybody

He can okk. And does the man looks like he is panicked??
Why would he panic?? Ooh to make you feel good right??
Rubbish.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by EasternActivist: 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunmsg:

You ipob clowns can't do without talking about Kemi Adeosun. Do you see her in your dreams? This thread is about Saraki, stick to topic and stop derailing with your unnecessary obsession with the finance minister.

Didn't you get me at all,
Your comment is misappropriated and shouldn't be here rather the comment Will serve the purpose if it is kemi adeosun is being discussed.

And you won't have a nice time without yawning out IPOB. Are they your nightmares?? Lol

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunmsg:

No dear,he will be senate president till 2019.Live with that

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by seunmsg(m): 2:56pm On Feb 26, 2016
EasternActivist:

Didn't you get me at all,
Your comment is misappropriated and shouldn't be here rather the comment Will serve the purpose if it is kemi adeosun is being discussed.

And you won't have a nice time without yawning out IPOB. Are they your nightmares?? Lol

Open a Kemi Adeosun thread and wail as much as you like there. This thread is about Saraki, stop derailing it.

20 Likes

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by EasternActivist: 3:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunmsg:

Open a Kemi Adeosun thread and wail as much as you like there. This thread is about Saraki, stop derailing it.

Then learn to give appropriate submission where and when is needed.

Thank you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by Ecoterrorism(f): 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2016
Let justice run its course

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by wildchild1: 5:26pm On Feb 26, 2016
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by Wadesings: 5:26pm On Feb 26, 2016
Oga resign peacefully biko

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by gbengagallas: 5:27pm On Feb 26, 2016
okay, your kinsmen wanted you to resign, hence the meeting at aso rock? breeze don blow, fowl yansh don open

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by NaijaFutbol: 5:28pm On Feb 26, 2016
ok o
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by LegatusGlaber(m): 5:28pm On Feb 26, 2016
Make no mistake, win or loose, Saraki will come out one of the most dogged politician of his time, in the same league as Jagaban.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by DeathStroke007(m): 5:29pm On Feb 26, 2016
Who cares
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by LesbianBoy(m): 5:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
gistyinka:

“I don’t understand how the same organisation that cleared my asset declaration to be proper in 2004, 2009 and 2011 can suddenly wake up and say that my record is faulted.”

The Senate President however, declined to say who is persecuting him with the assets declaration trial.

#SMWLagos : Reason Why I Won't Resign as Senate President -- Bukola Saraki
Same way I can't understand how certificateless, gworo-chewing, burukutu sipping bastard buhari who was rejected by nigerians in 2003, 2007 and 2011 elections is suddenly now the one to bring "change" to our dear country! It shall not be well with all zombies and their families angry

These APC government will go down in history as the worst government of all time in nigeria! I repeat OF ALL TIME IN NIGERIA! Quote me anywhere!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by demarc001: 5:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
A politician by birth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police / Rashidi Ladoja Visits Tinubu in Bourdillon / Let The Igbos Go — Asari Dokubo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.