Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! (2752 Views)

Lagos Government To Execute Rev King And Others On Death Row / The World Will Rather Sink Than For Rev. King To Die – Pastor / "I Served Rev. King Stark-Unclad,With No Pant Or Bra For 7 Years" - Former Maid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by fonkiee: 1:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
People generally are repulsed by the idea that Rev. King mere mortal was accused of burning his followers for committing adultery. But have you asked yourself why you feel comfortable with the idea that the Almighty God whom the bible refer to as personification of Love will burn sinners forever in hell fire? The truth is if the first couple (Adam &Even) that sold human race into sin were not punished with eternal torment, but were told they will die once ( Gen 3:19). Why did religious leaders decide to frighten people with the idea of fiery hell?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by victor2008(m): 1:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
u are blinded by rev king,he dying by hanging either u like or not grin
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by fonkiee: 1:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
victor2008:
Victor read the post, i am not Rev King supporter, just telling you the idea of hell fire is not consistent with the God of the bible, that is why you who was made in the image of God is repulsed by the idea of Rev. King setting sinners in fire!
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by fonkiee: 1:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
victor2008:
Victor read the post, i am not Rev King supporter, just telling you that the idea of hell fire is not consistent with the personality God of the bible, that is why you who was made in the image of God is repulsed by the idea of Rev. King setting sinners on fire!
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by Peritus(m): 6:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
Jesus Christ did not come to condemn us. He came to teach love and salvation, encouraging us to have faith in God.

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by taurus25(m): 12:58am On Feb 27, 2016
fonkiee:
People generally are repulsed by the idea that Rev. King mere mortal was accused of burning his followers for committing adultery. But have you asked yourself why you feel comfortable with the idea that the Almighty God whom the bible refer to as personification of Love will burn sinners forever in hell fire? The truth is if the first couple (Adam &Even) that sold human race into sin were not punished with eternal torment, but were told they will die once ( Gen 3:19). Why did religious leaders decide to frighten people with the idea of fiery hell?
more like religious books
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by Amberon: 4:51am On Feb 27, 2016
God is love, no doubt. But according to Hebrews 12: 29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Nobody scares anyone with hell fire. That's like saying that teachers scare students who don't study with failure.

It is inevitable for all those sinners who reject God. Let not the fear of hell result in heretic teaching for indeed, hell is real. Its not a must to accept God , but if a christian who doubts the existence of hell is no christian.
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 27, 2016
fonkiee:

There is a man somewhere who rapes infants, I think he is a psycho that should go to hell ASAP. A death sentence is a joke for some atrocious human beings. What we need is a place of torment, perpetual torment, without the relief of death. Multiplied torment for the torment they have caused others. Hell is for such.
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by reallest(f): 8:42am On Feb 27, 2016
Wow Christian are getting wise everyday than their sky daddy,Op u make sense jare,how can a loving God cast people into hell fire,does it make sense?do u Christian even understand what love mean

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by johnydon22(m): 9:22am On Feb 27, 2016
reallest:
Wow Christian are getting wise everyday than their sky daddy,Op u make sense jare,how can a loving God cast people into he'll fire,does it make sense?do u Christian even understand what love mean
Anyone who understands what love is cannot hold a belief such as a Christian one... barbarism is equated to love according to them

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by CANTICLES: 11:17am On Feb 27, 2016
Nice post @ op ! All this absurdity is due to the fact that humans are scared to accept the reality that death is d end of life of any living thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by reallest(f): 12:12pm On Feb 27, 2016
johnydon22:
Anyone who understands what love is cannot hold a belief such as a Christian one... barbarism is equated to love according to them
I tire ooo my brother
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by ifenes(m): 12:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
Fear is a powerful tool.
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 27, 2016
gringringrin.
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by virginboy1(m): 2:25pm On Feb 27, 2016
Muafrika2:

There is a man somewhere who rapes infants, I think he is a psycho that should go to hell ASAP. A death sentence is a joke for some atrocious human beings. What we need is a place of torment, perpetual torment, without the relief of death. Multiplied torment for the torment they have caused others. Hell is for such.
Bro you wicked ooo. Damn, what an assertion, kind of similar to that of boko haram.
That's how one young lad that claimed he saw a vision of hell fire,said a someone went to hell for stealing a matches box.

1 Like

Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 27, 2016
virginboy1:

Bro you wicked ooo. Damn, what an assertion, kind of similar to that of boko haram.
That's how one young lad that claimed he saw a vision of hell fire,said a someone went to hell for stealing a matches box.

Am just ruthless toward people who dedicate their lives to torment other people.
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by virginboy1(m): 2:47pm On Feb 27, 2016
Muafrika2:

Am just ruthless toward people who dedicate their lives to torment other people.
Are you still single? If so, are you a virgin? if you are not. Do you think you are making heaven? Remember 1st Corinthians .
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
virginboy1:

Are you still single? If so, are you a virgin? if you are not. Do you think you are making heaven? Remember 1st Corinthians .
You haven't completed your verse reference.

Sin, or wickedness is a spiritual condition. There is a spiritual condition that is sacrificial. The flesh is dead and before God, such a person is a continuous glory of God Himself. That is what happens when you believe.

Then there is another spiritual condition, where the person is before God, only what he is doing is intentionally contemptuous toward God, continuously blasphemous and self seeking and self indulgent with the sole purpose of turning the glory of God - which he was meant to be, into a shameful thing. And it does happen. This second group of people will be bound at the appointed time. Understand the extent of the rebellion of men toward God is not as simple as you suggest. It runs deep into the spirit and principalities in the rule of the heavens. And I pray that you see it.

Remember these rebellious are free even now roaming around and turning the glory of God into wickedness, abomination. There is no greater mercy than they are still given life just to continue the same way. Just to show you how merciful God is, you can read through prophecies when at the end of the age, some rebellious powers still get their lives extended. Another chance upon another.

There are sins that do not lead into similar contempt. Some being done without knowledge.
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by dalaman: 3:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
Many christians are now running away from the hell fire doctrine because it doesn't make any sense to them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 27, 2016
dalaman:
Many christians are now running away from the hell fire doctrine because it doesn't make any sense to them.

If God would let his own people suffer, cry and die for thousands of years, Let his own son die, how much more his enemies?
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by virginboy1(m): 4:36pm On Feb 27, 2016
Muafrika2:

You haven't completed your verse reference.

Sin, or wickedness is a spiritual condition. There is a spiritual condition that is sacrificial. The flesh is dead and before God, such a person is a continuous glory of God Himself. That is what happens when you believe.

Then there is another spiritual condition, where the person is before God, only what he is doing is intentionally contemptuous toward God, continuously blasphemous and self seeking and self indulgent with the sole purpose of turning the glory of God - which he was meant to be, into a shameful thing. And it does happen. This second group of people will be bound at the appointed time. Understand the extent of the rebellion of men toward God is not as simple as you suggest. It runs deep into the spirit and principalities in the rule of the heavens. And I pray that you see it.

Remember these rebellious are free even now roaming around and turning the glory of God into wickedness, abomination. There is no greater mercy than they are still given life just to continue the same way. Just to show you how merciful God is, you can read through prophecies when at the end of the age, some rebellious powers still get their lives extended. Another chance upon another.

There are sins that do not lead into similar contempt. Some being done without knowledge.
Thanks for the explanation, moreover you ought to have known the verse of 1st Corinthian that's asserted that sex before marriage is unpardonable.Besides,You haven't really answered the questions I asked you. "Are you married, if not ,are you still a Virgin, if you not. How are you sure you are making heaven?

2 Likes

Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by virginboy1(m): 4:38pm On Feb 27, 2016
dalaman:
Exactly ooo! Burn for eternity like seriously
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
virginboy1:

Thanks for the explanation, moreover you ought to have known the verse of 1st Corinthian that's asserted that sex before marriage is unpardonable.Besides,You haven't really answered the questions I asked you. "Are you married, if not ,are you still a Virgin, if you not. How are you sure you are making heaven?
I presume the verse is talking about adulterers not going to heaven? There is a deeper angle to it.

Salvation is not just about getting into heaven(which we may need to define). It's about becoming one spirit with God. Am still working on my perfection, but am one with God.
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by virginboy1(m): 8:34pm On Feb 27, 2016
Muafrika2:

I presume the verse is talking about adulterers not going to heaven? There is a deeper angle to it.

Salvation is not just about getting into heaven(which we may need to define). It's about becoming one spirit with God. Am still working on my perfection, but am one with God.

Hmmmm now the question is how can one be perfect when the world we live in,is not a perfect dwelling place.
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by Psylas(m): 10:55pm On Feb 27, 2016
Lemme comment before I read
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by Psylas(m): 12:12am On Feb 28, 2016
reallest:
Wow Christian are getting wise everyday than their sky daddy,Op u make sense jare,how can a loving God cast people into he'll fire,does it make sense?do u Christian even understand what love mean
yea, I like what I saw
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by Psylas(m): 12:16am On Feb 28, 2016
virginboy1:

Not even stealing matches box, another one Said a woman borrowed matches from her neighborh and didn't remember to return it and that landed her in hell
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by Nobody: 2:27am On Feb 28, 2016
virginboy1:

Hmmmm now the question is how can one be perfect when the world we live in,is not a perfect dwelling place.
Perfection in this world is an aspiration.
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by reallest(f): 7:15am On Feb 28, 2016
Psylas:
yea, I like what I saw

Don't SAWgrin anything
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by Psylas(m): 7:23am On Feb 28, 2016
reallest:

Don't SAWgrin anything
I have sawed it already

cool
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by reallest(f): 7:34am On Feb 28, 2016
Psylas:
I have sawed it already

cool

I command u in dah mighty name of Reallest not to SAW anything
Re: Hell Fire Teaching does not make sense- A look at Rev King Burning Sinners! by Psylas(m): 7:43am On Feb 28, 2016
reallest:

I command u in dah mighty name of Reallest not to SAW anything
in the name of who? you are a mere god, I know 2pac as the true reallest,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kanye West Gets $68M Tax Refund After Becoming Born Again / Language Of Jesus / Things Jesus Never Said

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.