Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,137 members, 7,780,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:59 AM

"Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" (39027 Views)

State Exco Cannot Expel A NEC Member – Prof Oladipo / Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal / Army Cadet Torturing Man 4 Complimenting Female Officer- NDA Releases Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by sambisamana: 2:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
Why NDA Can’t Expel Cadets For Torturing Civilian – Commandant

[img]http://1.bp..com/-jfSzRX3kDlA/VtBFT6mG2TI/AAAAAAAAYY0/jkUbvzyUc0o/s1600/NDA.JPG[/img][img]http://1.bp..com/-jfSzRX3kDlA/VtBFT6mG2TI/AAAAAAAAYY0/jkUbvzyUc0o/s1600/NDA.JPG[/img]

The Nigerian Defence Academy, NDA, yesterday explained why it could not expel some cadets captured on video torturing a civilian for no just cause.

Nigerians cried out in condemnation of some cadets led by a female, who were shown in a video clip, which went viral last month, dehumanizing a young man, later identified as Amari Sunday, a staff of Abuja Park “N” Pay, for allegedly commending the beauty of one of the female cadets.
While majority of Nigerians called for the expulsion of the cadets, the Commandant of the elite Nigerian military training institution, Major General Mohammed Ibrahim, said they could not be expelled because the time to prosecute them had lapsed.

According to the NDA Commandant, the time frame for expelling any cadet for wrongdoing must not exceed six months from the date the alleged offence was committed.

Speaking at the matriculation ceremony of 466 officer cadets of the 67th Regular Course, Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim noted that the incident in question took place two years ago when the cadets were first termers and had just been in the academy for only three months.

While noting that appropriate disciplinary action had already been taken on the cadets, he urged the newly matriculated ones to consider themselves lucky to have successfully passed the one month intensive military training.

Ibrahim assured that the NDA would give their welfare priority while the enabling academic environment would be provided for their study.
The NDA, situated in Kaduna State was founded in 1964 in response to the defence needs of the country, which gained independence four years earlier, to train officers for the Armed Forces of Nigeria.

Source: http://www.informationng.com/2016/02/why-nda-cant-expel-cadets-for-torturing-civilian-commandant.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Gabaleve(m): 2:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
where was it written?
Just because say na one oga at d top dey service d beautiful cadet, she can't be punished.
Ok o..

Wow i'm FTC,...so this is how it feels, no level sef but i bliv its a sign of good things to come...I might just be the next Olajumoke eventho i dont hawk bread.
I dedicate this feat to my unborn child.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Flexherbal(m): 2:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
So there is a time frame to which an offender can be punished. Hmmmmmmm! Does that mean the people did not report them on time?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by seunmsg(m): 2:59pm On Feb 26, 2016
Absolute nonsense. The NA should release the erring cadets to the police who will in turn institute a criminal case of assault and battering against them in court. Shielding them from prosecution and punishment under whatever guise is unacceptable.

146 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by politricks: 3:00pm On Feb 26, 2016
Which kind of useless reason is this? When you want to support the our soldiers, they will just do or say something that will make you think twice.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by tanteta(m): 3:05pm On Feb 26, 2016
Typical Nigerian military....... Rankadede sir. Thank goodness he was not used for shoting practice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by EdCure: 3:05pm On Feb 26, 2016
"Sambisa News"
...Interesting.

This is the silliest excuse I've ever read from a government agency. Are they by implication saying that members of the armed forces are above the law even when they are caught (with evidence) in unauthorised acts?
People should be made to face the maximum consequences for their inhuman acts.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by sambisamana: 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
EdCure:
"Sambisa News"

...Interesting.

We serve the best news from verified sources. You are welcome to sue if any of our News is hoax

1 Like

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
Nigeria is nothing but a joke!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Mutuwa(m): 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
I wonder if the Gen knows that criminal cases have no limitation,except where he is quoting his law says you can away with it.
I wonder if he knows at all,that an assault and battery is criminal

6 Likes

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Emyogalanya: 3:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
Maybe he lied against them. They got angry cos they were ugly and he called them beautifull defamation of character . Next time he should simply call them ugly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Anticabal: 3:39pm On Feb 26, 2016
There is no way the lying Nigeria army will prosecute their own even if she killed the young man. They consider your civilian blood useless.

1 Like

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Tokety7: 3:48pm On Feb 26, 2016
This excuse is lame. Very lame.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by tchigofigo(m): 4:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
No b jungle we dey? Stupid NA.

1 Like

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by kokoA(m): 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
I pray this gets to the ears of Baba Buhari. He will expel the commandant instead.

12 Likes

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Alexgeneration(m): 4:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
When these guys call this country a zoo,people will think they are just being stupid.What kind of repulsive excuse is this?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by zendy: 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
It was a clear case of assault and abuse of power, which one is 'time has lapsed'?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by diasporaman(m): 4:42pm On Feb 26, 2016
What a flimsy excuse. For complementing her beauty he was beaten mercilessly what if he had said "I love ❤ you" that would have been the end of his life.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by sambisamana: 4:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
lalasticlala angry

1 Like

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by DonBobes(m): 4:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
lwkmd grin kai kai kai rotfl
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by DonBobes(m): 4:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
lwkmd grin kai kai kai rotfl
dey can only grumble!
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by ckmayoca: 5:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
Anticabal:
There is no way the lying Nigeria army will prosecute their own even if she killed the young man. They consider your civilian blood useless.

Reason they don't deserve our prayers.

2 Likes

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by nani212(m): 5:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
instead of saying they have people in high places. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by MrBen10(m): 5:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
Lalasticlala coman hear what the army is giving as excuse for beating and killing the people they are mend to protect oh.
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by killerman57: 5:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
Please let's verify the authenticity of this news before anything, before moving it to front page, pls
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by sambisamana: 5:56pm On Feb 26, 2016
killerman57:
Please let's verify the authenticity of this news before anything, before moving it to front page, pls

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/02/nda-explains-why-they-cannot-expel.html
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by sambisamana: 6:26pm On Feb 26, 2016
MrBen10:
Lalasticlala coman hear what the army is giving as excuse for beating and killing the people they are mend to protect oh.
Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by otokx(m): 6:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
If true, then we are definitely no longer in a Democratic setting but a military regime.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Frankiss44(m): 7:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
Sometimes you just have to swallow your pride as a Nigerian and accept if this hole is called a zoo.. Reminds me of the popular novel "animal farm"

2 Likes

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
sambisamana:

Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim noted that the incident in question took place when the cadets were first termers and had just been in the academy for only three months

This got me smh. Talk about joining the army with ulterior childish motives.

This is the NDA telling us blatantly that the military has every right to do whatever with civilians. That we should shut up, suck it up and get over it.

This is them telling us to know our place in this nation's hierarchy and stick to it.

This is them telling us it is futile to try to usurp their authority.

This is them telling us we have no rights as civilians as far as the military is concerned.

If we keep quiet about this, there will never be an end to their bullying. We all should be ready to be frog-jumping in our suit-and-tie(s) for the rest of our lives.

Btw last night I dreamt that an 18 year old cadet was beating a 90 year old lalasticlala with his own walking stick cos he wasn't moving his post to fp fast enough.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
Then the victims should initiate criminal charges against them in the courts.

Sue them to court. There is ample evidence to sue and win the case.

Or will the so called Nigerian army also stop the judiciary from prosecuting these animals?

I can also murder a soldier and hide the facts until after two years so I will be absolved.

The Idiocy in his logic.

15 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayemi: Why I Didn’t Campaign For APC During Edo Governorship Election / Obiano Declares APGA Next Opposition Party, Wins In Taraba, Bayelsa / Boko Haram Sets New Conditions To Free 83 More Chibok Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.