Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) (70656 Views)

What Are The Advantages Of B.tech Over B.sc In Civil Service? / Buhari Suspends Tenure Policy In The Federal Civil Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
Never diss your Employer.
Were you expecting them to clap for you, without a godfather you just committed career sucide. For crying out loud this is nigeria not europe.
Hope you get a new job soon.

So because it is Nigeria the trend has come to stay and it should be accepted?

cry cry cry cry

What a country!

2 Likes

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by Milaxx: 10:56pm On Feb 26, 2016
FREEDOM Of Speech, yes.... but freedom after speech that I can't garantee you.
Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by AZeD1(m): 10:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
So many kids talking about freedom speech. You can't criticise your employer on social media anywhere on this earth and go without punishment.

For the idiots shouting GEJ, please remind us why Sanusi was sacked.

http://www.employmentlawonline.com.au/i-have-been-caught-criticising-my-boss-on-the-internet-will-i-be-sacked/

1 Like

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by sarutobie(m): 10:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
tammie24:
she didn't say anything about the president
What happened to freedom of expression
she didn't insult the state govt naw?
She didn't go that far and yet she got served? What if she insulted the president? Maybe she would have been silenced for good..people have been killed by the government for expressing their rights.. So she isn't the first and won't be the last either.

1 Like

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by msb247(m): 10:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
What a pity. Just another example of how one's social media activities could influence one's job. Sometimes it's not about getting the job, it's about keeping it. This means +1 to the number of unemployed citizens. But come to think of it, no statement in the letter directly points to her post that is believed to have led to the sack; it was only stated that her services are no longer needed. Anyways, I think that decision was harsh if really her post led to the loss of her job because what she did was just like constructive criticism, something that should be embraced for change to occur! Her employers should have drawn her attention to this by expressing displeasure and correcting/warning her if they found it inappropriate, rather than terminating her appointment.

1 Like

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 26, 2016
Sai change

3 Likes

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by AZeD1(m): 10:59pm On Feb 26, 2016
byrron:

cry cry cry cry

What a country!
You cannot criticize your employer anywhere on earth and go without punishment.
Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by Godsate: 11:00pm On Feb 26, 2016
DaBullIT:
Where's labor congress when you need them

Gone with Oshimole
Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 26, 2016
rheether:
Always say good things about your employee. Even if he or she is lucifer.
this is hypocrisy. your government is doing bad and you should be saying good things about it even if it is bad undecided

you are one of the people who should be eradicated out of this country.

1 Like

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by Socketbet: 11:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
Kai buhari

2 Likes

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by piagetskinner(m): 11:03pm On Feb 26, 2016
Our labour laws are just filled with loopholes.... Where is the NLC when u need them

Oh I know! They have been incorporated by the Govt

1 Like

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
Sori
Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
byrron:

cry cry cry cry

What a country!
Nobody is saying that is right.
The reality is this is naija and we have a long way to go, we will get there but we must not be faster than our time or else you will be used as the sacrificial lamb just like the lady.
Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by tammie24: 11:05pm On Feb 26, 2016
sarutobie:

She didn't go that far and yet she got served? What if she insulted the president? Maybe she would have been silenced for good..people have been killed by the government for expressing their rights.. So she isn't the first and won't be the last either.
this is really unfortunate
so sad
i hope the appropriate bodies will come to her aid
she doesn't deserve this!

1 Like

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 26, 2016
kuuljay:
There is freedom of speech every where but freedom after speech cannot be guaranteed, she is very stupid knowing very well the kind of society we live in,this is not America it's just an ugly fact,i have a friend who worked for etisalat and the day they discovered she has an extra mtn Sim her appointment was terminated,sadly they will not state why they sacked you they simply tell you your services are no longer required so it will be hard for you even in court,dont just run your mouth on social media thinking it's a faceless medium, at list to protect your job,even FBI spy on their citizens on social media if you talk anyhow especially on national security they will frame you up and pick you up.people should be careful on social media
.i condemn the state govt though but I think she is not smart

Oga where do u stand? Stop prostuting with ur double mouthed stand. Some one jus lost her job and u say she z not smart. All in d

1 Like

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by LionInZion: 11:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
ollysaks:
Freedom of speech, left with the Jonathan regime. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Wasn't under thesame admnistration where newspaper vendors and were harrased and their papers destroyed? The fact is there has never been freedom of speech in Nigeria, it's a pity that our leaders still operate military system of govt in an era of democracy.
Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by cutekhalifa(m): 11:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
young woman next time vote wisely ...... bubu u see ur yeye self

1 Like

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 26, 2016
Wow this lady just broke the first law of power
"NEVER OUTSHINE THE MASTER"
her master was the govt of the state she serve ,why criticize the hand that feed u .
when next u get another work try to be happy with whatever ur master is doing .
Ah alsi i recommend u read the 48 laws of power by Robert Greene
Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by IrradiatoR: 11:28pm On Feb 26, 2016
EteEdoho:
[s][/s]I leave you with this; .

is there any way you could help her out because she didn't stand akimbo according to you

Note, no one is happy with what happened to her, BUT reference was made to PARAGRAPH A of her appointment letter which she must have acceded to when accepting the appointment, however, her employer's action indicates she violated it.

One may ask again if there are no other means she could utilize to pass across her concerns, within the limit of laws guiding her appointment?

1 Like

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by pendusky(m): 11:35pm On Feb 26, 2016
sarutobie:

Maybe she hallucinated that she was still in the administration were a sitting president can be called all sorts of names by anybody and go scot free...
Meaning?

1 Like

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
Never diss your Employer.
Were you expecting them to clap for you, without a godfather you just committed career sucide. For crying out loud this is nigeria not europe.
Hope you get a new job soon.
Whatever happened to freedom of speech. If the law does not hold anymore, let us know so we can all partake in the thrills of lawlessness..

1 Like

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by Philinho(m): 11:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
when you're swimming enemies ......be careful
Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by Okudiover(m): 11:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
cool cool cool cool cool cool Well its a pity she lost her job but nothing on the letter points to her agitation.The said letter also pointed out that there is a clause on her contract that does not obligate her employers to retain her services with a month's notice or a month's salary in lieu of notice. Again by paying her one month in lieu shows that her appointment was not confirmed meaning she has spent less than three years in service. But in case I am just imagining these points I raised..... well there is always the law court to settle disputes where common sense fails.

1 Like

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
zubyarchangel:
Whatever happened to freedom of speech. If the law does not hold anymore, let us know so we can all partake in the thrills of lawlessness..
Honestly that woman said nothing wrong, but we dont live in an utopian society. Critiquing your Employer in public cyber space is never going to be accepted in this part of the world. It might not be good but its reality.

1 Like

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by Bebson007(m): 11:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
I hope you guys are seeing what am sawing lol. During the days of jonathan, u criticise him and go free. Some even make cartoon about him. But now you can't try it. No freedom of speech any more. I no talk anything oooo! U suppose knw na.

1 Like

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by MWTH(m): 11:55pm On Feb 26, 2016
Dear Ruqayat,
Thank Allah that you're a counsel so it makes it easier for me to advise you here.
First & foremost the state is wrong for terminating your appointment without due process except you've not been confirmed as a staff.
On this note you can sue for recall & damages.
Secondly, there was no warning letter issued to you at any point in time during your stay as a staff with respect to issues of this nature, so the state is again wrong for terminating your employment.
Thirdly, what evidence do they have to show that you actually posted that info? If I were you, I'll pull it down & sue for deformation of character by the state considering the fact that hackers are everywhere.
Let me just put a hold here.
You know what to do if you actually want your job & some huge amount of monies paid into your account with apologies accompanying all these.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
If this is true then the lawyers in Nairaland should advise and take it up from there. We have to get to a logical conclusion of this matter.S
........In one voice.......Nigeria shall be great again.
Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by Ecoterrorism(f): 12:13am On Feb 27, 2016
johnmartus:
grin good i love it why not arrest her and flog her?
please don't take him serious, he is 28 and still in Ss2 in Osun High School. I served in their school.

Thanks for the understanding

1 Like

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by ollysaks: 12:49am On Feb 27, 2016
Sweetlemon:

Her post was directed at Nasarrawa govt and not the FG. You guys better get over your sorry selves and learn to accept that your hero is gone forever.

Didn't GEJ forcefully sack Sanusi for speaking up against his policies?

Your intense hatred for Jonathan, has blinded you from the facts.

Sanusi was thrown out for his unacceptable utterances and behavior for a holder of that office. He reeled out so many contrary figures that he couldn't defend.
So many financial illegalities were pointing to him.

The same cannot be said for this poor lady been victimized for exercising her rights

You have to understand that ur hero's mentality has to crossover from military to civilian, because so of his followers are modelling after him

1 Like

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by northvietnam(m): 12:57am On Feb 27, 2016
So she was thinking this is still the regime of the man u will call clueless or drunkard and go free, Hell NO.

this is All lying & Propaganda Congress (APC)

but if I may ask, Madam lawyer E be like u voted for change last year, why turn into a wailer few months later ??

1 Like

Re: Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) by ollysaks: 1:04am On Feb 27, 2016
LionInZion:
Wasn't under thesame admnistration where newspaper vendors and were harrased and their papers destroyed? The fact is there has never been freedom of speech in Nigeria, it's a pity that our leaders still operate military system of govt in an era of democracy.

For using the military for such act, there was outright condemnation.

You will agree that Jonathan 'na learner for this one wey naija dey so'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet The Lady Who Makes Furniture With Used Tyres Gotten From Dumpsites. Photos / Nigerian Meat Seller Uses POS (Photo) / Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.