Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem (28196 Views)

Oil Price Falls To Three-week Low On Planned OPEC, Russia Output Hike / Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents / Reasons For 100% Hike In Pure Water Price. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by alex406(m): 2:04pm On Feb 27, 2016
The only option left as a solution is for government to step in by industrializing the economy, making sure everything is produced in the country both mechanic, raw and finished materials. With these, no one will have an excuse for hiking price anyhow.
If the producer of pure water is ordering his materials from abroad(just an instance) , he will surely have an excuse to increase his products which will in turn make an ordinary retailer to add his own portion.

Nigeria is blessed with alot of intellectuals but none of those intellects will be allowed into the government, only the greedy,selfish, illiterate old men are allowed to be in government.

I use this medium to challenge Nigerians to start nurturing a young, vibrant and intellectual middle aged person for next election and believe me, he will gather massive votes. My coin!
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:05pm On Feb 27, 2016
Phoenix212:
but d poor trader also buy some oda goods na.OK lets take for instance if a trader keep making his usual 10 naira per sale,and the price of every oda tin has escalated,ranging from transport to even toothpick.how will dis poor trader meet up.let's address and fix d economic problem from d top pls
Why shud transport fare increase when d price of fuel has come down?
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by erusen: 2:07pm On Feb 27, 2016
mmsen:

Which 'god'? The one who flooded the entire world? Or the one who told Muhammad that no two religions should exist (in Arabia) and so prompted him to go on a killing spree?

Or maybe you speak of the god whose only solution to 'sin' was the public execution of his 'only begotten son'?

The only thing that is softened by belief in god are human minds.
u could not make your own comment without bringing god into the frame, if u don't like when people mention god in their activities keep to yourself,stop derailing the damm thread and being obsssesed with god likers,biko.
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by alex406(m): 2:07pm On Feb 27, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Why shud transport fare increase when d price of fuel has come down?
You should direct that question to the government not to the common man.
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:11pm On Feb 27, 2016
alex406:
The only option left as a solution is for government to step in by industrializing the economy, making sure everything is produced in the country both mechanic, raw and finished materials. With these, no one will have an excuse for hiking price anyhow.
If the producer of pure water is ordering his materials from abroad(just an instance) , he will surely have an excuse to increase his products which will in turn make an ordinary retailer to add his own portion.

Nigeria is blessed with alot of intellectuals but none of those intellects will be allowed into the government, only the greedy,selfish, illiterate old men are allowed to be in government.

I use this medium to challenge Nigerians to start nurturing a young, vibrant and intellectual middle aged person for next election and believe me, he will gather massive votes. My coin!
My brother the problem is not jus about age! Young ppl since the time of OBJ have been given the opportunity to show what dey ve! But they demonstrated that they re more greedy than d old babas! Is GEJ not a young man? Is Akpobolokem not a young man? Is Tompolo not young?Is Ex EFCC chairman, Lamorde, not young? Is Faruk Lawan not young? I can keep going on and on!
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by menxer: 2:12pm On Feb 27, 2016
with the upward swing in the prices of everything, i hope our tithes won't be adjusted accordingly to reflect the current Naira/Dollar value when we get to church tomorrow. grin
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 27, 2016
The same people pray harder in church. Christians my ass.
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by alex406(m): 2:15pm On Feb 27, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
My brother the problem is not jus about age! Young ppl since the time of OBJ have been given the opportunity to show what dey ve! But they demonstrated that they re more greedy than d old babas! Is GEJ not a young man? Is Akpobolokem not a young man? Is Tompolo not young?Is Ex EFCC chairman, Lamorde, not young? Is Faruk Lawan not young? I can keep going on and on!
When i say young i mean people below 50, i dont know the ages of those you mentioned but i dont think they are below 50. Old people cant keep steering the affairs of this big nation with their old mentality of past generation.
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:16pm On Feb 27, 2016
alex406:

You should direct that question to the government not to the common man.
u can't ask govt all questions affectin us! We shud be able to ask ourselves about suchh a chheap question! Transport fare shouldn't increase since price of fuel keeps fallling!
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by alex406(m): 2:18pm On Feb 27, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
u can't ask govt all questions affectin us! We shud be able to ask ourselves about suchh a chheap question! Transport fare shouldn't increase since price of fuel keeps fallling!

my dear, they are the genesis of our problem. look at other countries that started developing at same pace with us, they are far ahead of us. government should control transportation. you can ask me how.
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by bebe2(f): 2:20pm On Feb 27, 2016
henryhemon:

Alright then hit me up on Monday.

OK. Tnks
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:22pm On Feb 27, 2016
alex406:

my dear, they are the genesis of our problem. look at other country that started developing at same pace with us, they are far ahead of us. government should control transportation. you can ask me how.
ok! How? Am happy to learn!
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by Mcowubaba: 2:22pm On Feb 27, 2016
udatso:
I wish there's a way the government can control this. At this rate we are heading towards.. ........

Well done sanchez01

Of course the Government can control nd regulate this issue.

I didn't do much of Economics, but I remember that there is supposed to be an Agency or Ministry that is Incharge of Price Regulation nd Promotion, just as we have PPPRA nd DPR for Petroleum products...I just can't remember the name of the Agency or whether the are still in active existence

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by poweredcom(m): 2:22pm On Feb 27, 2016
All the lagos ashawo. Market no increase I was hay oo say no ashawo high dem price oo
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by alex406(m): 2:35pm On Feb 27, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
ok! How? Am happy to learn!
In developing countries, government take charge of transportation. Commercial vehicles are being managed and controlled by govt. If an individual wants to go into such business, all he does is to buy a vehicle and lease it to the government where govt manages it and pay him his cut. Every vehicle must be uniformed including the colour.
In this case, do you think the government will foolishly increase fare when they are the one controlling the fuel those vehicle uses?
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by ceemed: 2:36pm On Feb 27, 2016
Bebe2, I need pounds. Got naira, how do we get in contact
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 27, 2016
Even olosho de complain say dollar don rise..
Imagine!
Olosho for pete's sake
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 27, 2016
I was just telling someone not long that , we were sorted a bit on the dollar to naira things and now it's petrol matta now, queues everywhere now. Who are those people smiling when the masses are in pain, kilode na . Some pple are intentionally choking dis country
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by erico2k2(m): 2:40pm On Feb 27, 2016
dsquare33:
It is glaring that Nigerians are their own worst enemies.Even the pepper and meat seller are using Dollars as an excuse to hike their products, no wonder the country is not moving forward.
This is what I was trying to explain to some of us Dollar rise will affect everything even the air yoy breath. As per pure water.the machinaries has serviceable parts imported with forex.the sachets are produced from polyethylene. Some of which are imported.the price ting on it are done by machine imported with imported serviceable parts.How about transportation .the vehicles needs parts imported with forex. So it will surely go up even the tomato seller will increase thier prices as cost of transportation would go up.due to parts.very soon petrol will go up as cost of import will increase.
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by bebe2(f): 2:52pm On Feb 27, 2016
ceemed:
Bebe2, I need pounds. Got naira, how do we get in contact

My number is on my profile. Wasap me
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by gowaga68: 2:53pm On Feb 27, 2016
Sanchez01:

To us, Change is magic and it must come from those we voted in while failing to do that which is expected of us. It's like doing the same thing every time while expecting a different result.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, please help here.
well said. Every generation needs a new revolution.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by porozhniy(m): 2:54pm On Feb 27, 2016
Buy what's absolutely necessary boycott the rest. I feel the satchet water producers will get their fingers burnt with the price hike cos the demography they service has got alternatives.
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by macino1(m): 2:58pm On Feb 27, 2016
There is hope
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by missberthalizgh(f): 3:05pm On Feb 27, 2016
dsquare33:
It is glaring that Nigerians are their own worst enemies.Even the pepper and meat seller are using Dollars as an excuse to hike their products, no wonder the country is not moving forward.

Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by osaslord500(m): 3:33pm On Feb 27, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Omo Edo, where is a bag of rice ssold for 14k? I give u hand!

Bros enter market ask.
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
I have been saying this but no one seems to understand. The meaning of "Nigeria" should be changed to "We are our own worst enemy" that way the entire world will understand an average Nigerian cheesy
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by bodyloveghetto(m): 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2016
What about fuelling stations? When you take a five litre bottle and it end up consuming 7ltr? I was even surprise when one attendee told me I have to pay 50naira for the CAN..., and btw the pure water you guyz are commenting on, I buy it 180-200 here at ikotun... not iced pure water bag,.. this country is sick with greed n selfishness.
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 4:02pm On Feb 27, 2016
dsquare33:
how did they get to the market?? Abi navy dey drop them off? #transportation #school fees #useyourhead
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by erico2k2(m): 4:29pm On Feb 27, 2016
bodyloveghetto:
What about fuelling stations? When you take a five litre bottle and it end up consuming 7ltr? I was even surprise when one attendee told me I have to pay 50naira for the CAN..., and btw the pure water you guyz are commenting on, I buy it 180-200 here at ikotun... not iced pure water bag,.. this country is sick with greed n selfishness.
What material was the CAN made of? ?

1 Like

Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by erico2k2(m): 4:32pm On Feb 27, 2016
porozhniy:
Buy what's absolutely necessary boycott the rest. I feel the satchet water producers will get their fingers burnt with the price hike cos the demography they service has got alternatives.
So boycott. Getting on bus or taxi to work or driving ur own car cos they got to Nigeria via forex. If you dont then you r worse than the enemies of Nigeria.
Re: Dollar Hike: We Are Our Own Problem by pauloche2000: 4:45pm On Feb 27, 2016
And this set of business men and women are so called religious irrespective of moslems and christians alike. U see them with quran and bible heading to mosque and churches for whatsoever. Worship...smh most esp our ppl in d west, east n south making life miserable..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC To Demand Bankers’ Asset Declaration Forms June 1 / 3 Major Shipping Lines Quit Nigeria As Freight Rates & Trade Volume Crashes / SCORPION TRADE: A Single Black Scorpion Can Earn You $50,000 -aljazeera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.