Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University (78412 Views)

Fire Incident At Anchor University (Photos) / School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) / Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by Adonis3: 1:54pm On Feb 27, 2016
Draxler:
Nothing good comes cheap. For the required facilities the school would need it might be expensive to maintain. Would it now be wise to build a school with good facilities that are expensive to maintain with good lecturers and so on and then charge it cheap in the name of making their members afford it? The school would now close down due to lack of funds ? Is it that one you prefer?

of what use is the good if the members can't benefitundecided

Is it possible for your dad to get something "good" and keep it out of your reach, while other children benefit from it

If the money realised from offerings, tithes, first fruit offerings etc can't maintain the school

Then let them leave it

Must every church own a school??

#Adonis3HasSopken
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by YourMrBoo: 1:57pm On Feb 27, 2016
Smooyis:

Stop being a tribalist grin grin

If speaking up against injustice on my side is to you a tribalist. I Suggest you need urgent medical checkups and intervention.
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by buchilino(m): 1:57pm On Feb 27, 2016
Adonis3:

I don't gerrit

What would the school do that the church can't do

Besides,

If you want to drag them to light

Must it be at exorbitant prices??

Is the gospel for sale

Or is the gospel that expensiveundecided

FIRST D SCHOOL HASN'T ANNOUNCED DER FEES SO ITS 2 EARLY 4 ASSUMPTIONS

SECOND AFTER FAMILY WAT NEXT AFFECTS A CHILD'S WAY OF LIFE, PEER GROUPS. N WHERE DOES DIS CHILD GET HIS/HER PEER GROUPS AT SCHOOL. ITS NOT BAD 4 CHURCHES 2 OPEN SCHOOLS BESIDES ANGLICAN N CATHOLIC SCHOOLS IN D 40s, 50s, n 60s HELPED CHANGED MANY PPLES LIVES POSITIVELY.
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by bebe2(f): 1:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
Draxler:
Can you tell me where in my statement i insulted you? I only asked a simple question yet u said i need deliverance and im brainwashed when clearly you know nothing about me. Anyway Its a good thing that you give to the poor and its something christians need to start doing more so i commend that. However i dont think any true pastor would decieve or trick members into giving money to the church.Its biblical to give money to the church as it needs money to run. Also if a man of God is told by God to start a university which can happen and has happened severally, then that same God would provide him with money to start the school. Thank you and God bless.

Am sorry If u feel insulted. Was speaking out of frustration. Why are we so placid to these vices.

So the God of Nigeria pastors are telling them all to build university shocked and he GOD provided the money.

Ignoring the sufferings of sick mothers, sick children , our mentally ill brothers and sisters on the street that are eating rubbish all day. If days the God that u guys serve I don't want to be a part of his kingdom . Don't trust Wat will happen there.

Have a gud life Bro.
Am OUT!!
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by bebe2(f): 2:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
jidowu84:

I advice you contact the public complaint commission and lay your complains and bitterness. Thanks.

Uwc. Tnk u
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by buchilino(m): 2:04pm On Feb 27, 2016
Adonis3:

Is it possible for your dad to get something "good" and keep it out of your reach, while other children benefit from it

If the money realised from offerings, tithes, first fruit offerings etc can't maintain the school

Then let them leave it

#Adonis3HasSopken

2 SOME EXTENT I AGREE WITH UR ARGUMENT BUT ITS LEFT 4 PPLE 2 DECIDE WHERE DER CHILDREN SCHOOLS. WAT AM TRYING SAY IS DAT THERE HAS BE A BALANCE IN LIFE OR WE WILL KEEP ON MAKING D SAME MISTAKES OVER N OVER. ITS NOT A MUST DAT A CHURCH SHOULD OWN A SCHOOL BUT LOOK AT D SOCIETY, N D DECAY DAT EXIST WITHIN D YOUTHS. IF SUCH SCHOOLS CAN 10 LIVES 4EVA THEN ITS A WELCOME DEVELOPMENT BUT I WILL STILL APPLY 2 CHURCH LEADERS 2 REDUCE SOME OF THE FEES PPLE PAY IN DIS SCHOOLS
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by Draxler: 2:10pm On Feb 27, 2016
Adonis3:

Then let them leave it

#Adonis3HasSopken
Every church doesnt even own a school. There are a few churches that do. And its unrealistic to use church money solely to run a school. The private university i attended has its school fees but from what i understand there was still money entering from the church because it wasnt enough and they dont want to increase fees. Using a scenario of a dad and his kids is not the best scenario here.
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by Draxler: 2:18pm On Feb 27, 2016
bebe2:

Am sorry If u feel insulted. Was speaking out of frustration. Why are we so placid to these vices.

So the God of Nigeria pastors are telling them all to build university shocked and he GOD provided the money.

Ignoring the sufferings of sick mothers, sick children , our mentally ill brothers and sisters on the street that are eating rubbish all day. If days the God that u guys serve I don't want to be a part of his kingdom . Don't trust Wat will happen there.

Have a gud life Bro.
Am OUT!!
God wants us to do all that you mentioned. Im a very strong advocate to that fact. Its sad that most christians have ignored that. However God can ask someone to build a school, although we have to be careful here because some of these men of God might just be doing it to enrich their pockets. Its very difficult to judge these issues because we are not God who may or may not have told them to start schools neither are we the men of God. What we can do is pray to God to expose the fake pastors who are into this to make profit. Have a good life sis.
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by xcllaxix(m): 2:24pm On Feb 27, 2016
bebe2:

Just waka if u decide to act dumb dats OK.

But don't expect same from me.

Show me a deeper life homeless shelter or a deeper life general hospital then we can resume this discussion.
Why not build one urself if ur so passionate bout shelters..And quite lamenting bout churches that built and didnt build..ignite the change..
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 27, 2016
A standard university of 5 faculties of say 20 departments will have at least 200 Lecturers, 50 0f which will be professors, 100 Dr. also it will have Non academic staff strength of at least 60. prof.@~6m/annum, Dr.@ 4m/a, GA@2m/a, Nasu@av 2m/a.... simple calculation will give close to 1 billion Naira. plus miscellaneous expenses such as Nepa/generator bills, Water, car/fuel etc... @ Student to Lecturer ratio of 20:1 we have 4000 students (which is an enormous figure if we compare with UI & UNN with lecturer strength of about 5000(each) have just 35k students). from this estimate it shows that each student will have to pay 250K just for staff... Now add university bills, Accommodation/student, feeding/student. My take...Should churches start universities? why not, only 300k out of 1.5m that wrote JAMB annually are catered for. Should church make profit from her universities? No, church are not suppose to be for business. Can church universities be made cheap? wish it could be, but staff needed to be catered for and the church cannot pay below ASUU & NASU agreed emolument. Should church sacrifice quality for less fee? NO, church should be associated with quality. Should church subsidized for their members? church discretion. Why castigate any church for funding a university, Except if you can come up with idea of how the fees can be reduced.
Adonis3:

I don't gerrit

What would the school do that the church can't do

Besides,

If you want to drag them to light

Must it be at exorbitant prices??

Is the gospel for sale

Or is the gospel that expensiveundecided
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by Sermwell(m): 2:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
Ebayray:
Sometimes I wonder what church has got to do with owning universities... The funny thing is that they're all expensive and not even one - third of deir members can afford it.
Even the secondary school here in Benin is so expensive....

# am not hating.
hahaha. Ebere will not kill me oo. Why u cum dey vex like dis na? Abi na exam? Dont worry. God will see u tru all ur courses especially ENL, ECO etc. Ijn.
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by olawooro: 2:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
YourMrBoo:
See where all the money this man has been collecting from the gullible people via his crusade in SS and SE is going.

One tends to wonder if the said school can't be built anywhere in either of the places aforementioned.
Don't be worried, if the same school only admit a specific tribe.
Frankly speaking, I find it difficult to understand why ethnic sentiment is so pervasive among the people from SS and SE. The incoming generation are even worst than their fore fathers. You are advised to jettison this evil before it take best out of you. Your thinking faculty is in your leg.
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by Adonis3: 3:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
[s]
Nalikedis:
A standard university of 5 faculties of say 20 departments will have at least 200 Lecturers, 50 0f which will be professors, 100 Dr. also it will have Non academic staff strength of at least 60. prof.@~6m/annum, Dr.@ 4m/a, GA@2m/a, Nasu@av 2m/a.... simple calculation will give close to 1 billion Naira. plus miscellaneous expenses such as Nepa/generator bills, Water, car/fuel etc... @ Student to Lecturer ratio of 20:1 we have 4000 students (which is an enormous figure if we compare with UI & UNN with lecturer strength of about 5000(each) have just 35k students). from this estimate it shows that each student will have to pay 250K just for staff... Now add university bills, Accommodation/student, feeding/student. My take...Should churches start universities? why not, only 300k out of 1.5m that wrote JAMB annually are catered for. Should church make profit from her universities? No, church are not suppose to be for business. Can church universities be made cheap? wish it could be, but staff needed to be catered for and the church cannot pay below ASUU & NASU agreed emolument. Should church sacrifice quality for less fee? NO, church should be associated with quality. Should church subsidized for their members? church discretion. Why castigate any church for funding a university, Except if you can come up with idea of how the fees can be reduced.
[/s]

[b]okay, here's mine

The school population of covenant stands above 6000 students
[url]thenationonlineng.net/covenant-university-a-trail-blazer-at-10/[/url]

An average student in covenant pays about 600k

Now let's calculate

600k * 6000 (note that these figures are actually lower than the real figures)

That's #3.6billion per annum

Please remind me once again, where does the profit go

How is it used to impact on the lives of members who still live in penury

Please remember that in the old, the church leaders derived themselves a lot just to see to the welfare of members

They saw the members as sheep and they as shepherds who would strive and labour just for the comfort of the sheep

The reverse is the case nowadays

What you have is members striving and toiling for the comfort of the leaders.

My argument (in case you've forgotten): the church has turned to a business centre... Has become a hub of commercial activities seeking to realise profit for the leaders ALONE!!![/b]

#Adonis3HasSopken
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by Ekeke1(m): 3:06pm On Feb 27, 2016
Why u no won get sense.
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by Forwetinnah: 3:19pm On Feb 27, 2016
Agubushmenyo:

Wish I can give you a slap, but I prefer using the hand for better things.

I mentioned covenant uni, was I trying to hate or something?

I was only trying to point out that it MAY be more affordable than Covenant Uni that Average people can generally afford.

Meanwhile::::

Who told you that it is Pastor Kumuyi that owns the school?
Do your research well before making Jest of yourself on a platform like this!! Smh.

You can't even use those scabies infested hands on me to start with. ...oh, the school isn't Kumuyi's but the church is? Delusion!! There's nothing affordable about any private University. .they're all expensive!! Someone already mentioned that their secondary school isn't cheap either so go figure!! You didn't have to bring Covenant University into your gibberish like it's the only church owned higher institution you can think of.
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by Joshkid(m): 3:24pm On Feb 27, 2016
Temmytea70:

I know dis isn't wat u meant, oya correct urself before people start picking on you grin
lol... DLBC
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by YourMrBoo: 3:29pm On Feb 27, 2016
olawooro:
Frankly speaking, I find it difficult to understand why ethnic sentiment is so pervasive among the people from SS and SE. The incoming generation are even worst than their fore fathers. You are advised to jettison this evil before it take best out of you. Your thinking faculty is in your leg.

And you ended your epistle without making any point??
What a wasted resources
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by Henovy: 3:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
nedu2000:
This university go be like barracks,regimented. With too many rules
Before nko? If you can't fall in line, please go elsewhere for your so called freedom. Holiness first in Anchor university please.
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by herald9: 3:45pm On Feb 27, 2016
Beautiful structures, but their students be dressing as if they're in the refugee camp grin

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
Forwetinnah:

You can't even use those scabies infested hands on me to start with. ...oh, the school isn't Kumuyi's but the church is? Delusion!! There's nothing affordable about any private University. .they're all expensive!! Someone already mentioned that their secondary school isn't cheap either so go figure!! You didn't have to bring Covenant University into your gibberish like it's the only church owned higher institution you can think of.

Flex your muscle behind the keypad and have fun!

But you have to think before you type. Every church different principles. Pastor Kumuyi is even on the church's payroll for your information. Their secondary school pays about 150,000 for tuition, accommodation, feeding, laptops and textbook.. Ask yourself, what more would be good value for the money paid?

Covenant Uni was used as an example get it right.

Meanwhile:::
I wish I could give out common sense to you, but it is quite expensive for you. Remain the way you are!
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by Henovy: 3:47pm On Feb 27, 2016
anonimi:
Does Deeper Life have as many subsidised:

- primary
- vocational
- secondary
- technical schools

as the Catholic, CMS, Baptist, Ahmadiya etc had before establishing a university.
Abi na which kind Holy Spirit dey make Kumuyi to start building a house from the roof shocked
Deeper life has a secondary school in Delta. What does that matter?
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by 2sign: 3:47pm On Feb 27, 2016
YourMrBoo:
See where all the money this man has been collecting from the gullible people via his crusade in SS and SE is going.

One tends to wonder if the said school can't be built anywhere in either of the places aforementioned.
deeper life don't collect any offering during any crusade,even retreat unless it falls on a sunday morning.
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by Henovy: 3:51pm On Feb 27, 2016
YourMrBoo:

Please comment on what you know about. During crusades, there are no collections. Tithes and offerings are only collected during regular service days. Be informed please.
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by olawooro: 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2016
YourMrBoo:

And you ended your epistle without making any point??
What a wasted resources
I understand your plight. 80% of private universities in Nigeria is located in south west, while 80% of illegal private universities closed down by NUC, is located in biafra region. What a riddle?
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by YourMrBoo: 3:58pm On Feb 27, 2016
olawooro:
I understand your plight. 80% of private universities in Nigeria is located in south west, while 80% of illegal private universities closed down by NUC, is located in biafra region. What a riddle?

Why not make it 100%??

Fool paradise...
One tends to wonder how the same southwest is battling same position with yobe in education.
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by YourMrBoo: 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
Henovy:

Please comment on what you know about. During crusades, there are no collections. Tithes and offerings are only collected during regular service days. Be informed please.

Sir if they don't collect offering , seeds and donations kumuyi won't find it attractive coming to the either SS or SE.
Love of Money has eventually lifted the whole bigotry driven pastor.

What a miss
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by YourMrBoo: 4:01pm On Feb 27, 2016
Henovy:

Sir if they don't collect offering , seeds and donations kumuyi won't find it attractive coming to the either SS or SE.
Love of Money has eventually lifted the great walls of china

What nonsense
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by olawooro: 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2016
bebe2:

Have a gud life Bro.
Am OUT!!
is there anything wrong in establishing university by a religious body? It is a long term project. In no distance future it will address the suffering of the mentally ill brother and sister, ok? If the early missionary were stingy and did not contribute to the education then, the benefit that you and I are enjoy today will not be there. Majority of Universities in America today, are not owned and financed by govt alone, but by religious bodies and private organisations.
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by chilan: 4:13pm On Feb 27, 2016
bebe2:
Even deeper life??

These churches are all the same?

FRAUD, FRAUDULENT, FRAUDSTERS

is this the homeless shelter , hospitals, orphanage, elderly people support that we desperately need in this country? ?

God gave me a brain, I will not be fooled by these punk angry angry

Surely God will give you a brain cos you are not sounding mentally ok.
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by olawooro: 4:16pm On Feb 27, 2016
YourMrBoo:

Why not make it 100%??

Fool paradise...
One tends to wonder how the same southwest is battling same position with yobe in education.
I don't know why you these people are envious of south west
Re: Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University by YourMrBoo: 4:19pm On Feb 27, 2016
olawooro:
I don't know why you these people are envious of south west

Because they claim most sophisticated in every aspect of life while they are not.

Sufferisticated comes to my mind...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Bride In Wedding Gown Writes UNILAG Masters Entrance Exam / Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai / Abu Zaria Admission Threads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.