Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

What Documents Are Required For A Vehicle In Nigeria? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Documents Are Required For A Vehicle In Nigeria? (1324 Views)

What Documents Should Be Requested When Taking Ownership Of A Locally Used Car / Policeman In Ojota Assists With A Vehicle Causing Traffic - Photos / Tree Falls On A Moving Vehicle In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Documents Are Required For A Vehicle In Nigeria? by Majesticniyi(m): 12:31am On Feb 27, 2016
Hello. I just bought a fairly used Toyota Camry from a friend and want to be clear on the documentations required to avoid unnecessary harassment from law enforcement officers. I have gotten the Vehicle particulars, insurance papers, road worthiness, change of ownership document + police attestation and the transfer of ownership attestation. What other document is required? Also, apart from fire extinguisher, an extra tire and C-caution, what else is usually checked for?
I will appreciate a detailed answer to these questions please.
Re: What Documents Are Required For A Vehicle In Nigeria? by ernecy(m): 8:11am On Feb 27, 2016
Majesticniyi:
Hello. I just bought a fairly used Toyota Camry from a friend and want to be clear on the documentations required to avoid unnecessary harassment from law enforcement officers. I have gotten the Vehicle particulars, insurance papers, road worthiness, change of ownership document + police attestation and the transfer of ownership attestation. What other document is required? Also, apart from fire extinguisher, an extra tire and C-caution, what else is usually checked for?
original drivers license, razor blade,
Re: What Documents Are Required For A Vehicle In Nigeria? by Majesticniyi(m): 12:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
ernecy:
1. Drivers license gotten already. 2. Razor blade...for wetin na? u wicked o grin[
Re: What Documents Are Required For A Vehicle In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 27, 2016
ernecy:

To scatter LASTMA face?? grin grin
Re: What Documents Are Required For A Vehicle In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 27, 2016
Lemme give u 1 scope if u're in lagos. Go to FRSC office (d VIOs are there too) and inquire from a tout (there are many there) about all the particulars needed to move on road. After inquiring from him, get an frsc officer and liase with him for the papers you're yet to have and d price (don't liase with tout oh). All u'll just have to do is pay and he'll do them for you. Its not. Supposed to be so but its the way over 70% lagosians go about it.

And on no condition shd you let a lastma officer into ur car when they stop you. Always keep ur cars locked and roll down window and talk to them from inside ur car. If warranted, u may come down but don't let them rush into ur car at all. A word is enough for the....
Re: What Documents Are Required For A Vehicle In Nigeria? by ernecy(m): 8:10pm On Feb 27, 2016
masonkz:

To scatter LASTMA face?? grin grin
grin .. I bin dey vex whn write am.

But you will suprise whn FRSC guys stop o, dem fit ask u.

Actually need am for emergency to cut of seat belt

1 Like

Re: What Documents Are Required For A Vehicle In Nigeria? by ernecy(m): 8:12pm On Feb 27, 2016
Majesticniyi:

1. Drivers license gotten already.
2. Razor blade...for wetin na? u wicked o grin[
is not like that o grin grin na for emergency o
Re: What Documents Are Required For A Vehicle In Nigeria? by Majesticniyi(m): 12:48pm On Feb 28, 2016
Thanks alot. I appreciate your help and advices.
Re: What Documents Are Required For A Vehicle In Nigeria? by pattybf(f): 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2016
Majesticniyi:

basic car papers r allocation of plate registration, proof of ownership, cmr. and d renewable papers: vehicle license, road worthiness n insurance. make sure they r up to date. and ur valid driver license of course!

since u bought a registered car, u may need to get the docs in ur name by getting a change of ownership n plate replacement.

(1) (Reply)

10 Most Expensive Cars In The World 2017 / Where Is 'sienna' The Car Talk Section Expert!! / 4 Kids Breaks Into Dealership, Wrecks Over 20 Cars With A Repair Bill Of ₦292m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.