Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. (66837 Views)

Brazilian Baby Thought To Have Died Survives After Being Buried Alive For 8 Hour / Indian Woman Suffocates After Being Buried Alive In Cow Dung For Snake Bite(Pics / Free Recharge Cards From Imastex. Just To Say Thank You To Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by IDEKEALUMONA(m): 11:59am On Feb 27, 2016
Coolcash1:
I don't know what is happening to our doctors these days...there is high level of professional negligence and incompetence among them. This questions the quality of their training and supervision right from university through clinicals, and residence now. There is need for people to start taking up serious legal case against them by suing them in person or their employer.

Yesterday, a colleague of mine lost her three months old baby boy to doctor's error. The hospital is in Victoria island...the painful part is, she has being waiting for 7years to have the boy and now quack doctors calling themselves professionals have sent her back to waiting mother status again.

Funmi, I pray God heal you and hope Nigerians will rise to your occasion and support you...

How did you know that the said baby died due to doctor's error? Was there any investigation as to the cause of death by a competent professional?
Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 27, 2016
onyeuteh:
Then tomorrow when the world say we produce incompetent medical officials we all start shouting

Hm/

The doctors were not incompetent.

Renal failure can occur as a complication in surgical operations

Add the fact that the woman had an emergency CS ....which means there was a pre-existing problem that could have caused the issue.

1 Like

Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by yaki84: 12:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
I posted my own issues on monday, people were attackng me left, right n centre. some even said I shud post a pix of my frnd. and the funniest thing is d amount aint compared to this. it shud be one tenth of the amount. all the same God is our strength, n hopefully she sight will be restored n she will never dropout because this issue.
wish the lady God's healing. dis one don pass money o, cos even with the money n d surgery done, she wont still be 75percent her self.
but luth messed up n shud be concerned over this abnormalities they caused tjis woman na.
Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by TONYE001(m): 12:03pm On Feb 27, 2016
9jaRonin:

Please lets not be cynical or too hasty to judge. From her (long) story this woman has developed ACUTE KIDNEY INJURY (AKI)......a common postoperative complication. Whether her doctors failed to recognize it on time is a different issue, but in all honesty such a clinical scenario can occur in any part of the world.......especially when the patient had "hidden" kidney issues that nobody knew about.
From her story, she is bitter about how things have turned out.......l can understand why. But it MAY not be her doctors fault. I would advise her to continue with her intermittent hemodialysis and work on getting a kidney transplant ASAP.
Meanwhile, what we ALL (family/friends/co-workers/nairalanders/good Samaritans) can do is to be supportive in whatever way we can. Finger pointing is not the best solution @ this present time.

PS: for more knowledge on Acute kidney injury you can click the link below (.....its not a blog cry its from Wikipedia)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_kidney_injury

...what about the pattern of incision as sighted by her doctor? How about the poor close-up? She's got a good case against those doctors..and the hospital management, I think..

However, we should not generalize because of an isolated case like this. We still have good medics in the nation.

Remember, negligence in the field of Medicine may happen ANYWHERE...what draws a line of difference across all nations is the societal..and government response afterwards.. Sadly, over here, this response is next to terrible..

3 Likes

Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by AkSquared(m): 12:04pm On Feb 27, 2016
naijaboiy:
#8million!!

Where is linda ikeji? This is the exact price you used to buy those fake bags. Do you see how you can help someone in dire need instead of buying those fake crap?

Oya sell those bags fast! And come and help,let me not catch this story on your blog o! undecided

cheesy Hilarious!
Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 27, 2016
Butwhat is wrong with this nigerian doctor for christ sake,they don't know anything, ah look how they turn this woman life,God will judge u o Nigerian doctors,am calling on our govt let make proper scruting of this doctor abi doistor.foolish people.
Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 27, 2016
yaki84:
I posted my own issues on monday, people were attackng me left, right n centre. some even said I shud post a pix of my frnd. and the funniest thing is d amount aint compared to this. it shud be one tenth of the amount. all the same God is our strength, n hopefully she sight will be restored n she will never dropout because this issue.
wish the lady God's healing. dis one don pass money o, cos even with the money n d surgery done, she wont still be 75percent her self.
but luth messed up n shud be concerned over this abnormalities they caused tjis woman na.
one guy down here 9jaronin is talking panya,let call a spade a spade,this nigeria doctor know only one thing in their life, what? to gather money for their own private clinic,that was how one doctor said maybe my leg injury is Ata,African pepper,

1 Like

Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by AkSquared(m): 12:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
naijaboiy:
#8million!!

Where is linda ikeji? This is the exact price you used to buy those fake bags. Do you see how you can help someone in dire need instead of buying those fake crap?

Oya sell those bags fast! And come and help,let me not catch this story on your blog o! undecided

cheesy Hilarious! Linda should block u already grin
Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by agarawu23(m): 12:18pm On Feb 27, 2016
naijaboiy:
#8million!!

lol
Make she put the story for her blog, e go help

Cc lindaikeji I know u are a Nlder wink
Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by smithe113(m): 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2016
dancok:
Butwhat is wrong with this nigerian doctor for christ sake,they don't know anything, ah look how they turn this woman life,God will judge u o Nigerian doctors,am calling on our govt let make proper scruting of this doctor abi doistor.foolish people.
Shut Up.....what do you know about medicine or Obs&Gynae in this case...... pregnancy has a lot of complication and this is just one of it, where as the past medical history of this woman is nt known. But i pledge to support this woman and pray she gets well soon.
Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by goldenval(m): 12:23pm On Feb 27, 2016
Lets donate and support her. I will send something by next week.

1 Like

Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by piagetskinner(m): 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2016
All these doctors that feel they know everything... See what they've caused now...

It is well with her.. May God give her a miracle

1 Like

Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 27, 2016
smithe113:

Shut Up.....what do you know about medicine or Obs&Gynae in this case...... pregnancy has a lot of complication and this is just one of it, where as the past medical history of this woman is nt known. But i pledge to support this woman and pray she gets well soon.
see ur life, make i shut up, idot.
Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by Fumbaby: 12:41pm On Feb 27, 2016
Aminat508 please start a page and let us help this woman
God bless you sis

1 Like

Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by iWrite4People: 12:42pm On Feb 27, 2016
May God send TY Bellos your way madam -who will not only read your story and move on, but actually do something to help.
Raphael81:
We dont have to say God help her alone, people must do something to assist her, little contributions can go a long way to ameliorate her pains and give her a new life

1 Like

Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by HIV1: 12:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
How do I send money to assist? I mean the moderator should let us know ASAP the Bank to pay to, and then account number.
Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by smithe113(m): 12:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
dancok:
see ur life, make i shut up, idot.

yes....i can see it well....my life is far better than yours.
Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Feb 27, 2016
smithe113:

yes....i can see it well....my life is far better than yours.
How,maybe ur wardmaid mum,told u a little about medicine,because i doubt if u even attended any school.
Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by bamiwale: 12:49pm On Feb 27, 2016
HIV1:
How do I send money to assist? I mean the moderator should let us know ASAP the Bank to pay to, and then account number.

her bank account detail :
Account name : Oniyelu Funmilola Cecilia,
Bank: Zenith bank
Act number : 1005109260.
branch : International Airport Road

Or

https://www.gofundme.com/hg8naubw

1 Like

Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by coolvitus(m): 12:49pm On Feb 27, 2016
why WON'T THE DOCTORS MAKE MISTAKES WHEN THEY NEEDED TO STUDY 8 YRS THEY ENDED UP STUDYING ONLY 4 3 YRS 5 YRS STRIKE SHAM ON THE ZOO CALLED Nigeria were are all the CRIMINAL POLICTITIANS THIS IS THE TIME TO SHOW LIVE GOD HELP HER CAN NEVER SOLVE HER PROBLEM THE GIRL ND HELP
Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by 9jaRonin(m): 12:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
smithe113:

Smithe113 , take am easy. No need for harsh words. Btw you sound "medically inclined"..... wink
Many would hasten to condemn LUTH without taking into cognisance
1. This woman's prior medical history/ risk factors she may have had which are related to her present clinical state
2. What other post-op complications, if any, which may have conttibuted to this
3. That the public seems to have come up with a verdict after listening to ONE side of the story.

Like I said earlier finger pointing is not what we should be doing @ this present time. Anyone who wants to help can go to an ATM now and do that.
This issue of using this thread to "bash" Nigerian doctors is ,@ best, a distraction.

1 Like

Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by Aminat508(f): 1:02pm On Feb 27, 2016
Fumbaby:
Aminat508 please start a page and let us help this woman

God bless you sis

We have one already sis. Thanks
https://www.nairaland.com/2949413/please-save-sisters-life-story/6#43299869
Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by DavidEsq(m): 1:04pm On Feb 27, 2016
u guys neva listen. talk to a lawyer, at the earliest stage, pls. My fiancee purchased pure water of a particular brand and late at she developed severe stomach ache. I looked at what was left in the sachet and discovered impurities of shocking proportions. She purchased the water at nite. When I filed a criminal action against the company, the manager hear wheeen! The court ordered that the company be closed pending......... The manager lick sand, no be small.
Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by foriz4u(m): 1:18pm On Feb 27, 2016
agarawu23:
oga,
Na so o
God won't fall from heaven to help her
Our little contributions and prayers matters.
and no once seems to be talking about the stupid and careless doctor that has ruined the woman's life, marriage, livelihood, career n ambition. such a doctor is rather being covered by d the hospital, walking freely and healthy and even decking havoc into the lives of other patients with his unprofessional practice day in day out.

what a sad situation. and they even have the guts to tell her to come have a meeting to discuss how she will have to pay a whopping sum of 8m to survive or not. does that make any sense at all?

all these government hospitals enh... even after paying tax with no subsidy on hospitality one still have to buy a dealth certificate with h/h hard-earned money.

that insitutiob, the doctor n everyone on duty on d day of her operation including the institution d doctor graduated from should be sowed and be punish for their recknessless n carelessness of the lives of innocent patient.

so, supposing she don die since now nobody gof even hear watin happen.

rubbish country!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by Coolcash1: 1:19pm On Feb 27, 2016
IDEKEALUMONA:

How did you know that the said baby died due to doctor's error? Was there any investigation as to the cause of death by a competent professional?

The boy was taken there for circumcision in the morning by His mother. Nothing was wronged with the boy at all. What led to the death of the baby was an injection one of the doctors gave him...Because immediately after receiving the injection, things turned worse for the unfortunate and innocent boy until he breathed his last breath. ..

I am still pained by the sad event. It was purely an avoidable death if only the quack doc didn't killed the boy. ...I doubt if we still have sound doctors again in this country because it seems to me they have all left for greener pastures...
Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by Coldfeet(f): 1:53pm On Feb 27, 2016
Its so unfortunate! One goes in to deliver a baby an come out with an ailment? This is becoming rampant o! I just read a similar story on the pregnancy thread here a few days back! This mama also had CS and ended up contracting a nosocomial shocked! May God deliver us all.

1 Like

Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by DrAdonis: 1:55pm On Feb 27, 2016
adipemcanis1:

The doctors were not incompetent.

Renal failure can occur as a complication in surgical operations

Add the fact that the woman had an emergency CS ....which means there was a pre-existing problem that could have caused the issue.

Thanks for your posts. You have said the truth. In my opinion, the woman has underlying kidney disease before hand because acute kidney failure won't warrant repeated dialysis and a transplant. Only chronic kidney failure or END STAGE RENAL DISEASE will warrant such dialysis and a transplant. And CRF or END STAGE RENAL DISEASE TAKES AT LEAST 3 MONTHS TO DEVELOP.

Too bad she's going through all these, I pray they get the funds for a transplant.
Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by DrAdonis: 2:08pm On Feb 27, 2016
Coolcash1:

The boy was taken there for circumcision in the morning by His mother. Nothing was wronged with the boy at all. What led to the death of the baby was an injection one of the doctors gave him...Because immediately after receiving the injection, things turned worse for the unfortunate and innocent boy until he breathed his last breath. ..

I am still pained by the sad event. It was purely an avoidable death if only the quack doc didn't killed the boy. ...I doubt if we still have sound doctors again in this country because it seems to me they have all left for greener pastures...

What a sad story. You see, medicine is dynamic and not predictable and a drug will be used and accepted because it worked well in 99% of those the drug is tested with.
The same drug can cause a Fatal reaction in 0.1% of the population, and such an instance is definitely not the fault of the doctor, it's the fault of nobody and that's WHY THERE'S NO IDEAL DRUG ON EARTH. But sadly, and because people are not well informed, they blame the doc or nurse and label them quacks.

I just pray we don't fall victims of idiosyncratic drug reactions, Amen.
Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by Raphael81(m): 2:11pm On Feb 27, 2016
iWrite4People:
May God send TY Bellos your way madam -who will not only read your story and move on, but actually do something to help.
amen bro
Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by coachwilcox(m): 2:20pm On Feb 27, 2016
Schwartz:
The worst thing that can happen to anyone is to be sick and as you're fighting the illness and hoping you get better, then at the same time you are also thinking of where to source for funds to settle your medical bills. It is this worst kind of challenge any body who falls sick can experience. Sometimes you can't even go to the hospital on time when the sickness starts to show up. Because you don't have the money to foot your bills. The government should wake up and do as other western countries are doing. Nigeria needs urgent health insurance policy. Its not reasonable to pay Cash for treatments. With insurance you have little worries about your medical bills. That's how its done over here. Here I pay my monthly premium to my insurance company. That's my only duty. When I am sick, without fear, I go to the hospital, Insurance pays the bills, I only pay 10€ per day for the number of days I remain in the hospital. Now that's nothing compared to the thousands of euros I would have had to pay the hospital if I didn't have insurance.
If Lola had insurance she wouldn't have been sick and looking for money for transplant. Her insurance would have easily covered all or most part of the bills. This is beyond painful to me that in 2016 Nigerians still need to seek for money whenever they fall ill. This is beyond painful. I weep for Nigeria. I weep for every Lola in Nigeria going through this cry cry cry
When will my country get better? When?

Hallo Schwartz. Wie geht's ?
Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by agarawu23(m): 2:32pm On Feb 27, 2016
[size=17pt]
bamiwale:

her bank account detail :
Account name : Oniyelu Funmilola Cecilia,
Bank: Zenith bank
Act number : 1005109260.
branch : International Airport Road

Or

https://www.gofundme.com/hg8naubw
[/size]
Re: I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. by Coolcash1: 2:32pm On Feb 27, 2016
DrAdonis:

What a sad story. You see, medicine is dynamic and not predictable and a drug will be used and accepted because it worked well in 99% of those the drug is tested with.
The same drug can cause a Fatal reaction in 0.1% of the population, and such an instance is definitely not the fault of the doctor, it's the fault of nobody and that's WHY THERE'S NO IDEAL DRUG ON EARTH. But sadly, and because people are not well informed, they blame the doc or nurse and label them quacks.

I just pray we don't fall victims of idiosyncratic drug reactions, Amen.

Amen bro..thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All About Baby Poop! / Suicidal Man Jumps From 9th Floor, Stood Up And Asked What Happened In U.S.(Pics / Pregnant Abuja Lady Dies Weeks After Her Baby Shower (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.