Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,508 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch (5800 Views)

How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) / Lady Saves N64,000 In 4 Months, Shows It Off (Photos) / Free Tutorial! Make Millions Every 80-90 Days From Smart Watermelon Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 27, 2016
Hi, I'm PayPalKing and today I'm taking a bold step to start a journey which I've been preparing for the past 6 years. I'm 22 years old and have dropped out from university twice because Nigerian education system is messed up I'm overly ambitious and have better plans for myself grin
Since 2010, I've been doing a lot of reading and learning how stuff works on the internet. I've made a few thousand dollars online over the years from no particular source. I can best be described as Internet's ''Jack of all trades, master of none''. Unfortunately, I have nothing to show for my previous works. But experience? Yeah, I think I have that and coupled with a skill or two I also have I'm going to use all to work towards achieving my goal of $4,000 in the next 45 days. And at the end of this journey, I should have made $4000 and built a business with steady online income of a minimum of $200 everyday. So help me God! The reason I created this thread is to keep myself motivated and also motivate other Nairalanders. I've not done this before, but I'm positive I can make it work. Enough about myself, I'll explain how I plan to achieve this.

The Plan
$4000 in 45 days from a maximum of 3 income streams. I'll setup my income stream one at a time. I have to keep the income stream low for now so I can stay focused and avoid doing so many things at the same time which may cause me to get stuck along the way. Basically I'll be doing freelancing jobs and will work online at least 10hrs everyday. Money realized from this journey will be used to take care of my travel expenses, accommodation and fees for the Video directing, editing and cinematography courses I plan to enroll for in Ghana sometime later this year. I also have plans to startup my own internet business after this. While playing around the internet all these years, I was able to pick up a few million dollar ideas which will make me rich before the end of this year once I get all the capital I need to get the business started. That will be my journey for the second half of this year.

Websites I'll Work With
- Upwork.com (I'll be starting with this)
- Fiverr.com
- Teespring.com
These sites payout through PayPal which is one of the reasons I chose to work with them. Boy I love PayPal grin grin
I will be using some other websites while working with the 3 websites listed above. The 3 websites above will be my main source of income, all other websites I'll be using will be for reference, guidance and promotional purposes. As I progress, I'll give details on each website, why I chose the website, and exactly how I'm using the website to work towards achieving my goal.

What I Have
- God
- A Brain
- 1 GB Airtel data
- An Acer laptop
- $0 in my PayPal and Bank account wink

What I Don't Have
- Money to invest
- Doubts
- A girlfriend wink

I'll be keeping it 100% real. I intend to update this journey everyday and anytime I'm less busy. I'm still a learner and will continue to learn all the days of my life so I'm open to suggestions, advice and recommendations from the bosses here. I'll try my best to respond to all reasonable questions and inquiries you may have. Thank you! smiley

15 Likes

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:58am On Feb 27, 2016
Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by demosoft: 9:14am On Feb 27, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by gtrader: 9:19am On Feb 27, 2016
This is good.

1 Like

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by johnnobles: 9:23am On Feb 27, 2016
I tried linking my gtb naira card to my PayPal account. Not just going. PayPal kept rejecting the card. Pls PayPal King how can u be of help. I equally need to start earning a through PayPal

1 Like

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 27, 2016
johnnobles:
I tried linking my gtb naira card to my PayPal account. Not just going. PayPal kept rejecting the card. Pls PayPal King how can u be of help. I equally need to start earning a through PayPal

This is not a thread for resolving PayPal issues please. Send me an email instead

2 Likes

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by toyo4souls(m): 9:44am On Feb 27, 2016
I dey your back I just sent you a mail.

1 Like

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by skillet(m): 11:48am On Feb 27, 2016
Please do it for millions of nigerian youth looking up to you. #stevejobs

1 Like

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by ExplicitContent: 12:07pm On Feb 27, 2016
[i][/i]See my man,carry on got your back

1 Like

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by Antanananovic: 12:55pm On Feb 27, 2016
Nice! this is a very good way to make yourself accountable. I will be checking your thread on a daily basis. perhaps, you should give a progress report everyday.. keep it up. I hope I can learn a few things from you on this adventurous journey..

2 Likes

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by juwoonn(m): 12:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
PayPalKing:
Hi, I'm PayPalKing and today I'm taking a bold step to start a journey which I've been preparing for the past 6 years. I'm 22 years old and have dropped out from university twice because Nigerian education system is messed up I'm overly ambitious and have better plans for myself grin
Since 2010, I've been doing a lot of reading and learning how stuff works on the internet. I've made a few thousand dollars online over the years from no particular source. I can best be described as Internet's ''Jack of all trades, master of none''. Unfortunately, I have nothing to show for my previous works. But experience? Yeah, I think I have that and coupled with a skill or two I also have I'm going to use all to work towards achieving my goal of $4,000 in the next 45 days. And at the end of this journey, I should have made $4000 and built a business with steady online income of a minimum of $200 everyday. So help me God! The reason I created this thread is to keep myself motivated and also motivate other Nairalanders. I've not done this before, but I'm positive I can make it work. Enough about myself, I'll explain how I plan to achieve this.

The Plan
$4000 in 45 days from a maximum of 3 income streams. I'll setup my income stream one at a time. I have to keep the income stream low for now so I can stay focused and avoid doing so many things at the same time which may cause me to get stuck along the way. Basically I'll be doing freelancing jobs and will work online at least 10hrs everyday. Money realized from this journey will be used to take care of my travel expenses, accommodation and fees for the Video directing, editing and cinematography courses I plan to enroll for in Ghana sometime later this year. I also have plans to startup my own internet business after this. While playing around the internet all these years, I was able to pick up a few million dollar ideas which will make me rich before the end of this year once I get all the capital I need to get the business started. That will be my journey for the second half of this year.

Websites I'll Work With
- Upwork.com (I'll be starting with this)
- Fiverr.com
- Teespring.com
These sites payout through PayPal which is one of the reasons I chose to work with them. Boy I love PayPal grin grin
I will be using some other websites while working with the 3 websites listed above. The 3 websites above will be my main source of income, all other websites I'll be using will be for reference, guidance and promotional purposes. As I progress, I'll give details on each website, why I chose the website, and exactly how I'm using the website to work towards achieving my goal.

What I Have
- God
- A Brain
- 1 GB Airtel data
- An Acer laptop
- $0 in my PayPal and Bank account wink

What I Don't Have
- Money to invest
- Doubts
- A girlfriend wink

I'll be keeping it 100% real. I intend to update this journey everyday and anytime I'm less busy. I'm still a learner and will continue to learn all the days of my life so I'm open to suggestions, advice and recommendations from the bosses here. I'll try my best to respond to all reasonable questions and inquiries you may have. Thank you! smiley
wishing you all the best man

1 Like

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 27, 2016
I wish I could muster the courage to create similar thread. kudos op. as for dropping out of school, you are right on course. this is coming from someone who graduated with an enviable degree in engineering.

2 Likes

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by CosmicJames(m): 6:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
Intereting. Even if u fail to reach $4K in 45days, at least u've started the journey that will in time pay ur bills.

5 Likes

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by Manutd19: 7:37pm On Feb 27, 2016
Love this. Keep it up bro.

2 Likes

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by Propene: 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
Following.
With determination as high as this, I am sure you will exceed your target provided you maintain this level of tenacity. God is your strength

1 Like

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 28, 2016
To everyone who commented earlier, I really appreciate the kind words and support. I was meant to update this thread last night but I've been very busy.

Day 1:
I stated in my first post that I was going to start with Upwork. Well, so far so good. I created an account yesterday and made sure to complete my profile 100%

I also took some tests to boost up my profile. Here's my performance

As you can see, I hid those tests where my performance was 'Below Average' from displaying on my profile.

I waited about 10hrs for my account to be reviewed and approved before I was allowed to submit proposals for jobs listed on the website.

Before going to bed last night I submitted a total of 15 proposals for jobs which I believe I could handle. You can see that in the screenshot above, I've not submitted any proposals today. This is my first time using Upwork and I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing but I kept on bidding and submitting proposals until I had submitted a total of 15. The proposals are for different jobs. Typing each proposal isn't an easy job though and that prompted me to make a proposal template. Each time I submitted a proposal, I just edited the template a bit depending on the type of job I was applying for. When you signup for Upwork you'll be given 60 free connects which you'll use to submit proposals. After you exhaust your connects for the month, you'll need to pay some amount to get more connects. You'll be give 60 more free connects after a month. Each proposal I submitted cost me 2 connects.

Day 2:
I woke up in the morning to an email from a potential client who's willing to hire me if I do well in a test job. And ofc I will do well because I made sure to apply for only jobs I can handle perfectly well grin grin

Later in the afternoon, another email grin This is for a job which I bid $500 as charge for me to complete the task

Upwork also notified me that one of my proposals has been declined because the job poster chose another freelancer to work with lol. I wasn't expecting all my proposals to be accepted anyway

It's weekend and replies are a bit slow. I am going to be as patient as I can throughout this journey. Hopefully tomorrow, I pray I will be hired. This is my progress so far

I'll be submitting a few more proposals tonight before I go to bed. Thanks for reading smiley
Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by jasper7(m): 8:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
Nice... I love youth who are illustrious. You seem confident in your abilities, that's nice.

2 Likes

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by yemi2plus(m): 8:57pm On Feb 28, 2016
I'm silently following your progress.

1 Like

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by tugrow(m): 9:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
Following more grace

1 Like

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by kelvinblueace: 9:20pm On Feb 28, 2016
pls im currently one of d freelance marketer but i don't ve good proposal to submit pls help with one osedume4@gmail.com
Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by dROC1: 10:18pm On Feb 28, 2016
*grabs front row seat*

1 Like

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by khayleb(m): 11:25pm On Feb 28, 2016
@ OP, I really appreciates your courage on on this this tread, a very good one for my kind to take a cue from and practically follow the trend as it unfolds.
Plz, I need you to help me with proposals so I can join the train as I learn from you Sir. PaypalKing.
Here is my email: calebadeoga@gmail.com
Thanks in aniticipation.
Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by Emmyk(m): 11:25pm On Feb 28, 2016
Following...
Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by winetapper: 6:31am On Feb 29, 2016
Good!
You have a mail PayPalking please attend
Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by Nobody: 6:49am On Feb 29, 2016
winetapper:
Good!
You have a mail PayPalking please attend

Replied already last night
Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by johnnobles: 9:01am On Feb 29, 2016
PayPalKing:

This is not a thread for resolving PayPal issues please. Send me an email instead
Thanks vbut I can't see your mail. I need this PayPal issues resolved so as to move forward
Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by johnnobles: 9:06am On Feb 29, 2016
johnnobles:

Thanks vbut I can't see your mail. I need this PayPal issues resolved so as to move forward
My email johnnobles2928@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by naijawealth(m): 10:31am On Feb 29, 2016
Are u trying china or eua paypal?? Those are not working for now. I can help u with usa paypal. Whatsapp my signature
johnnobles:

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by winetapper: 12:08pm On Feb 29, 2016
PayPalKing:

Ok thanks alot
Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by khayleb(m): 12:41pm On Feb 29, 2016
Please, i'm still expecting your reply as regarding my '' Plz, I need you to help me with proposals so I can join the train as I learn from you Sir. PaypalKing.
Here is my email: calebadeoga@gmail.com''
PayPalKing:

Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by otubujohn(m): 2:26pm On Feb 29, 2016
PayPalKing:
To everyone who commented earlier, I really appreciate the kind words and support. I was meant to update this thread last night but I've been very busy.
Day 1:
I stated in my first post that I was going to start with Upwork. Well, so far so good. I created an account yesterday and made sure to complete my profile 100%

I also took some tests to boost up my profile. Here's my performance

As you can see, I hid those tests where my performance was 'Below Average' from displaying on my profile.
I waited about 10hrs for my account to be reviewed and approved before I was allowed to submit proposals for jobs listed on the website.
Before going to bed last night I submitted a total of 15 proposals for jobs which I believe I could handle. You can see that in the screenshot above, I've not submitted any proposals today. This is my first time using Upwork and I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing but I kept on bidding and submitting proposals until I had submitted a total of 15. The proposals are for different jobs. Typing each proposal isn't an easy job though and that prompted me to make a proposal template. Each time I submitted a proposal, I just edited the template a bit depending on the type of job I was applying for. When you signup for Upwork you'll be given 60 free connects which you'll use to submit proposals. After you exhaust your connects for the month, you'll need to pay some amount to get more connects. You'll be give 60 more free connects after a month. Each proposal I submitted cost me 2 connects.
Day 2:
I woke up in the morning to an email from a potential client who's willing to hire me if I do well in a test job. And ofc I will do well because I made sure to apply for only jobs I can handle perfectly well grin grin

Later in the afternoon, another email grin This is for a job which I bid $500 as charge for me to complete the task

Upwork also notified me that one of my proposals has been declined because the job poster chose another freelancer to work with lol. I wasn't expecting all my proposals to be accepted anyway
It's weekend and replies are a bit slow. I am going to be as patient as I can throughout this journey. Hopefully tomorrow, I pray I will be hired. This is my progress so far
I'll be submitting a few more proposals tonight before I go to bed. Thanks for reading smiley

Pls friend can you send me some sample proposals I can use as templates for mine. I'd be more than glad as am following you. here's my email: maloudajohn@gmail.com
Re: Paypalking's Journey To $4,000 In 45 Days From Scratch by khayleb(m): 10:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
Plz I need samples of proposal templates for guidance in preparation of my propsal. Here's my mail: calebadeoga@gmail.com
quote author=otubujohn post=43357675]

Pls friend can you send me some sample proposals I can use as templates for mine. I'd be more than glad as am following you. here's my email: maloudajohn@gmail.com[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Open A Standard Saloon / Give Your Business Legal Backing / $350M Cabotage Funds: Open Letter To Mr. President By Engr. Eferebo Sylvanus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.