Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:50 PM

Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. (2602 Views)

The Nonsense Of Spiritual Husbands, Wives And Children: Do They Exist? / How Famous Nigerian Pastors Met And Wooed Their Wives / 7 Year Old Girl Brings Warnings From Jesus To Top Nigeria Pastors & Their Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by segyemaro(m): 7:29pm On Jul 13, 2009
In those days, when you see a billboard(signboard)before the activities of the church,you will see a picture of Jesus Christ at either the top or by the side of the billboard. But what we see today is either the presiding pastors and their wives posing at 80% of the billboard or the G.Os and their wives,just living 20% to the informations and activities of the church. And its now the order of the day. I was walking along a street and i came across a church billboard,the pastor and his wife occupied about 85% and a small space was for Jesus passport photograph squeezed with the church informations,i kept wandering why is it like this,so i decided to share it with fellow Nairalanders. Can you tell us the type of churches billboards(sign boards) you come across everyday.
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 13, 2009
Most pictorial descriptions of Jesus are wrong anyway, with the shoulder length hair. Let the pastors have their space! grin grin grin
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by Tudor6(f): 10:04pm On Jul 13, 2009
How many have seen jesus face to face anyway?
You see them drawing a white jew wearing white robe like they all know what jesus looks like.
They usually forget to include saw and hammer in their diagrams since he was a carpenter. . .
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by segyemaro(m): 8:28am On Jul 14, 2009
Hmmm
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by toneyb: 10:09am On Jul 14, 2009
Tudór:

How many have seen jesus face to face anyway?
You see them drawing a white jew wearing white robe like they all know what jesus looks like.
They usually forget to include saw and hammer in their diagrams since he was a carpenter. . .

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by timmy7(m): 10:56am On Jul 14, 2009
Wetin be ur own sef poster,u don see jesus b4 let alone his passport photo grin
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by segyemaro(m): 12:09pm On Jul 14, 2009
So wetin you come mean timmy?
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by timmy7(m): 1:38pm On Jul 14, 2009
Nobody in this present age have seen Jesus let alone his pix, all u see in billboard,posters and potraits r just pple's perception,so dont be bothered when d host pastors advertise their miraculous faces on such billboard. Na biz strategy nw grin
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 14, 2009
it is only wrong if you have pictures of mary and the saints

grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 14, 2009
They use their own and wives pictures cos it is a family business and they have to project their own images rather than Jesus who they consider as just a good marketing tool for thier business.
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by Mitchelin(m): 10:44pm On Jul 14, 2009
Judgement at the door!
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by bawomolo(m): 12:59am On Jul 15, 2009
They are trying to market their brand just like the Olsen twins or kimora lee simmons.

It's just another business.
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by segyemaro(m): 8:46am On Jul 15, 2009
You are all correct my brothers.
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by Maykelly(f): 4:31pm On Jul 15, 2009
Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards.

Is new generation madness. especially in Port Harcourt. Other states are yet to join them. By their fruits you shall know them.
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by banom(m): 4:48pm On Jul 15, 2009
Pastor chris Oyakhilomi having understood how charming he looks and how well it will aid in  business church promotion, made the use of photo to charm the public into patronising worshiping with him.

No doubt most of what those pastors who run these private church business does, were strategies they learned from  Robert Greene's The 48 Laws of Power, especialy law 27 of the power book
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 15, 2009
@banom
What is law 27 of the power book?
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by banom(m): 5:04pm On Jul 15, 2009
@ Jagoon,

Play on peoples need to believe to create a cult like following
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by banom(m): 5:11pm On Jul 15, 2009
Also what they employ ,

Law 37 Create Compelling Spectacles

Law 7 Get others to do the Work for you, but Always Take the Credit

Law 34 Be Royal in your Own Fashion: Act like a King to be treated like one

Law 32 Play to People's Fantasies

And so many many other tricks they learned from the Authors, The art of Seduction.
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by Annunaki(m): 5:24pm On Jul 15, 2009
banom:

Also what they employ ,

Law 37 Create Compelling Spectacles

Law 7 Get others to do the Work for you, but Always Take the Credit

Law 34 Be Royal in your Own Fashion: Act like a King to be treated like one

And so many many other tricks they learned from the Authors, The art of Seduction.

Are you trying to describe pastor chris oyakhilome above those statements above is classic of his strategies
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by banom(m): 5:50pm On Jul 15, 2009
Annunaki:

Are you trying to describe pastor chris oyakhilome above those statements above is classic of his strategies

Actualy Nigeria as a nation is doomed with the influx of well packaged con men in the religious sector, I think the best place one should put his faith is in himself.
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by SUXEX: 10:53am On Jul 17, 2009
It not all church Pastors that likes being displayed on their Bill Board

And on the issue of Jesus passport or not, Not one of this generation knows how Jesus looks like

A pastor even said in his books that Jesus was not looking good at the cross rather He looked so horrible because he took our Sins so that we might be clean and made beautiful. And u know sin is so dirty and ugly.
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 17, 2009
SUXEX:

It not all church Pastors that likes being displayed on their Bill Board

And on the issue of Jesus passport or not, Not one of this generation knows how Jesus looks like

A pastor even said in his books that Jesus was not looking good at the cross rather He looked so horrible because he took our Sins so that we might be clean and made beautiful. And u know sin is so dirty and ugly.

Pastors and all the rubbish they spew out, was he there at the cross to see how he looked  angry it is really nauseating when i read fabrications like this with twisted logic and the even more annoying thing is that they would always have muguns who believe any rubbish they say and would even quote the charlartans as an authority.
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by timmy7(m): 12:35pm On Jul 17, 2009
Perhaps dat pastor had a vison, na wa grin grin
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by SUXEX: 3:32pm On Jul 17, 2009
It not that u just believe them but u tend to think along with them, u will get the truth behind some of the nonsense and remember behind every nonsense is a sense.
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by PERVERT9: 6:13pm On Jul 17, 2009
the thing wey dey pain me past be say most of this pastor and dem wife wowo pass the devil angry
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by banom(m): 6:19pm On Jul 17, 2009
PERVERT9:

the thing wey dey pain me past be say most of this pastor and dem wife wowo pass the devil angry

Are reffering to Daddy G.O's wife ?
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by SUXEX: 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2009
Are there no better discussions on this blog

Why all this rubbish all the time?
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by timmy7(m): 5:07pm On Jul 20, 2009
Why u sef rmb a dead and meaningless thread lyk this grin
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by Osas1723: 6:26pm On Jul 20, 2009
Its rubbish what most of the so called "pastors" do now a days, total
contradiction from scriptures.

Jesus had to be identified by one of his own disciple.

If it was today, we all know how easy it would be to identify them.
This men not only use Billboards, but all forms of mass media, from Radio to Internet.

Jesus lives and his coming someday for His people, then judgment!
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by segyemaro(m): 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2009
Banom,i think you are right for one to have believe on himself because if continue to follow all these so called men of God,we will all miss heaven.
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by donnie(m): 8:55pm On Jul 20, 2009
@Jagoon,
You dont know your bible and you are already into detecting charlatans?
"As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men:" (Isaiah 52:14).
"But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people." (Psalm 22:6).
This is the picture of our Lord in his suffering for us. However, make no mitakes about it. He was offered as a lamb but was raised the lion of the tribe of Judah. The day of the Lord is near. Repent of your evil speaking and desire to be filled with His precious Holy Spirit for he is your refuge in this day of great wickedness; he will keep your tongue from errror and your soul from destruction.
Re: Pastors, Their Wives And Billboards. by Mitchelin(m): 11:23pm On Jul 20, 2009
On the real,these men start out with lofty aims and laudable goals,but there is just something about fame and money, something so so powerful,as soon as they get some popularity out goes the meek demeanor and they start strutting around like peacocks, fellas I won't lie to you,I don't know, Christianity is really in shambles, directed to the spiritually minded xtian brothers, better get on your knees as the enemy is at the gate and he isn't a mohammedan,or whatever, he is your pastor,feeding you erroneous doctrines and you just gobble it up, I wonder!

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Spiritual Quotes To Live By In The Year 2013 / Witches And Wizards / Am I A Deist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.