Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,243 members, 7,780,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:22 PM

Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit (7636 Views)

Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence / Firearm Is Back / Unban Firearm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by Hanoobaba(m): 7:37pm On Jul 13, 2009
Hi fellow Nairalanders, please I need someone who can help me with information on how to obtain a Police Firearm Procurement Licence. One can't depend on the Police anymore for protection and at the alarming rate at which innocent Nigerians are loosing lives and properties, I would really like to own my own gun.
Please help me if you know the procedure to follow the conditions to be met.
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by Bobus: 12:59pm On Jul 15, 2009
seriously oh boy, na who you want kill? tongue
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by topup: 2:20pm On Jul 15, 2009
After you obtain the gun, I hope you also do in depth research on the particulars of committing murder.

If Nigerians are beginning to worry about their own safety then how does that look to tourists??
Nigeria was never really a holiday destination anyway. sad
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by topup: 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2009
Also I think obtaining Firearms without the license or being a police is illegal - which means you might have to deal with the very same people causing the trouble and danger in the first place to illegally acquire one.
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by Hanoobaba(m): 9:37pm On Jul 15, 2009
[B]To be fore warned is to be fore armed. One have to be prepared in case of any attack both at home or on the move.[/B]
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by topup: 2:46am On Jul 16, 2009
If you bring out a gun, you immediately escalate the situation from theft/robbery to possibility of murder/manslaughter. Most of these robbers are on drugs and you can't reason with someone on drugs who has nothing to live for, who's identity you now know because you fought back.

It could become a shoot out, whilst if you play the good guy, yeah you'll be taken advantage of but you'll probably keep your life, think about your kids or family who might be involved in a shoot out and could be harmed.

It's really not that simple unfortunately.

I think the problem has to be the police who have provided these thugs with the weapons.
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by CGKing(m): 11:57am On Jul 16, 2009
Re: I need my own "license to kill"

@ poster
Just kill yourself first, we will issue you a license.
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by Hanoobaba(m): 11:31pm On Jul 16, 2009
I really don't know the problem with most Nigerians, that is why most of are harrased day in day out by "Area boys" and ballot boxes are snatched before your very eyes at polling booths. A person on drugs can easily harm you after 'taking advantage' of you. I really need to get that licence and I want people who know the procedures to help me.

1 Like

Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by CGKing(m): 9:57am On Jul 17, 2009
LOL

You cant be serious, do you know how catatrosphic it would be if the FGs stance on firearms is lowered? Then the area boys you want to smoke will better equipped to harass you and everybody else. If Nigeria had a protection law like in the US, no man will be alive. Trust Naija.

There are better ways brother.
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 17, 2009
Hanoobaba:

I really don't know the problem with most Nigerians, that is why most of are harrased day in day out by "Area boys" and ballot boxes are snatched before your very eyes at polling booths. A person on drugs can easily harm you after 'taking advantage' of you. I really need to get that licence and I want people who know the procedures to help me.

if your world is that bad why not take yourself out of it.
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by Hanoobaba(m): 11:31pm On Jul 17, 2009
@ tpia. Your post can only mean 2 things. (1) I commit suicide. (2) I get the hell out of this country.
But I can assure you that neither of those will happen. Cos i'm staying in this country even if I get a free visa. Maybe if you lose a limb to the bullets of bandits you will understand the gravity of what i'm saying and get it into your thick skull.

1 Like

Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by PurestBoy(m): 12:30am On Jul 18, 2009
@poster

Are u high or just hopelessly retard?? license to kill who? I need a license from Seun to ban you
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by Nobody: 3:04am On Jul 18, 2009
Hanoobaba:

@ tpia. Your post can only mean 2 things. (1) I commit suicide. (2) I get the hell out of this country.
But I can assure you that neither of those will happen. Cos i'm staying in this country even if I get a free visa. Maybe if you lose a limb to the bullets of bandits you will understand the gravity of what i'm saying and get it into your thick skull.

abeg sharap.

Are you the only one who has experienced whatever?

If you cant take anymore then take yourself away. Your mates are trekking through the sahara you dey here dey yarn rubbish.
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by Hanoobaba(m): 8:34am On Jul 18, 2009
See all of them, dem fear gun pass anything. [B] COWARDS [/B]. I want people who can give me the info I need not a group of peaceful crusaders. Even the pope can't tell me I don't have my God given right to bear arms cos he also have bodyguards that carry arms.
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by dominique(f): 9:55am On Jul 18, 2009
@Hanoobaba

2 wrongs can never make a right, do you think killling every armed bandit will guarantee the safety of you and your loved ones. . . if anything, you're putting them in more danger cos those people will always come back for more blood. i'll advise you to be more prayerful.
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by Hanoobaba(m): 11:13am On Jul 18, 2009
Prayers! God forsook this country a long time ago even if he exists. Bla. I don't believe that crap that a God exist. Come to this world do whatever you want do and get the hell out.kapish
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by philip0906(m): 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2009
Hanoobaba:

Prayers! God forsook this country a long time ago even if he exists. Bla. I don't believe that crap that a God exist. Come to this world do whatever you want do and get the hell out.kapish
i c u r mentally deranged.God does not exist?better don't come here and write thrash b'cos u r seeking attention on nairaland.dickkhead angry
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 18, 2009
Hanoobaba:

See all of them, dem fear gun pass anything. [B] COWARDS [/B]. I want people who can give me the info I need not a group of peaceful crusaders. Even the pope can't tell me I don't have my God given right to bear arms cos he also have bodyguards that carry arms.

who are the peaceful crusaders?

People are telling you to remove yourself from a world that's beyond your capacity you're calling them peaceful crusaders.

No be you talk say life don tire you? If you're not a coward then fix yourself na. Even if you shoot 10,000 people e go still remain another 139900 million.

Abi how many people do you want to kill, punk? Too bad you're not in a country where they'll lock you up preemptively since they know your skin color will predispose you to crime. undecided

ole- trying to get into the armed robber or arms supply business. Na your family members go suffer am. undecided
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by Hanoobaba(m): 8:48am On Jul 19, 2009
Na wa o. Na who dey beg una to post sef. Bloody civilians. Well i've gotten the info I need. And that is why I have changed the topic to help other people like me. All you just have to do is to check up the firearms act in the constitution. Men that constitution is lame. Imagine I can't own a pistol or a revolver and I can't shorten the barrel of a shotgun to less than 20inches. That makes me as under equipped as the police. We really need our own "second armendment". Thanks to everyone that posted their own reply though it didn't help.
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by CGKing(m): 9:13am On Jul 20, 2009
Nigga's sicker than I tot. If u had a gun and license, you'd have killed alot of peeps b4 u discovered they were innocent. Anyway, since u r determined to get, i can help you out, if u kill urself first.
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 20, 2009
Hanoobaba:

Na wa o. Na who dey beg una to post sef. Bloody civilians. Well i've gotten the info I need. And that is why I have changed the topic to help other people like me. All you just have to do is to check up the firearms act in the constitution. Men that constitution is lame. Imagine I can't own a pistol or a revolver and I can't shorten the barrel of a shotgun to less than 20inches. That makes me as under equipped as the police. We really need our own second armendment act. Thanks to everyone that posted their own reply though it didn't help.

I totally feel you men.
One thing though, if you point a gun at someone, u better be ready to shoot the person.
A lot of people pull out guns and realize they don't have the guts to pull the trigger. A way to overcome this is to go for target shooting training.
If i could, i would get a gun as well.
I don't give a shit about no drunk idiot. If you enter my property to rob me, i will shoot u till u die
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by Hanoobaba(m): 11:07pm On Jul 20, 2009
@ A-town: you are truly a man after my heart, we need more people with big "cojones" (balls) as hard as rock. Log on to this site, www.frontsight.com and register free of charge to get free firearms training reports from Dr Ignatius Pizzario. My heart is made of steel (got no feelings) so I can put a clean shot on an asshole's forehead without batting an eyelid.
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by lastpage: 4:44am On Jul 25, 2009
Shitheads!
This guy asked for "information" on a process/procedure.

Before you could say fire, everyone turned to pastor, psychologist, Counselor, Accuser and all sorts of deranged advisers!

If you dont have the answer to his question, let him be.

Owning a gun does not equate to being a murderer. My Uncle is  retired Military man, he has three guns for over twenty years but l have never seen him "shoot anyone" , unnecessarily anyway  grin
When has it become a crime to "attempt" to defend yourself, when in mortal danger?

In Okota, Lagos, anyone who lives around there will bear witness that we all own guns, every house owner owns one. Thieves think twice before coming to rub us.

Have any of you ever wondered what difference it would make if you had a gun and the following happens to you?:

Four over-drugged guys come to your house in the night and after robbing you of ALL valuables, instead of leaving in peace, decided to take it to the next level.
They proceed to rape your pregnant wife in the presence of your 8year old son while asking you to "Toshiba" the whole scenario. You could feel the cold barrel of the gun against the pounding blood in your temple.

Your son was shouting "Daddy do something" and you looked into his eyes , and he saw naked fear in your eyes! One after the other, they took turns on your wife!
After all said and done, they "shot" your son that would not keep his mouth shut, in the leg, and left your wife bleeding, from a forced-miscarriage,

Can you ever look at your wife or your son in the face and call your self "A MAN"?

What difference would it have made, assuming you had a gun? Be honest, for once in your miserable life.

Okay, some of you will "pray" for the thieves and wish them a safe journey back grin grin grin.
Alright, l hear you, "e no fit happen"!

My target is a rapid-fire, self loading Israeli-SMG.

"Guns dont kill people, Bad people do".

Lastpage.

BTW: Poster, can we rub minds on the matter jare?

6 Likes

Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by Hanoobaba(m): 11:10am On Jul 25, 2009
@Lastpage. You really should be a lawyer you've really nailed the point on the head and i'm sure all the cowards will be wishing they have left the sleeping dog lying. I'm not sure whether you are reffering to an Israel Uzi (nice gun). But if that's the gun you are having in mind then i'm sorry to disappoint you cos Machine guns, SMG, rifles, pistols, revolvers, and shotguns with barrels less than 18 inches or with mechanical self loading devices are on the federal government's prohibited list. Which leaves you with Break- Action Shot guns, Pump-Action Shot guns and air guns. Visit www.nigeria-law.org/Firearms for more info
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2009
lastpage & those of like mind

the fact that someone on the internet says they want to "defend themselves against robbers" doesnt they themselves arent armed robbers.

Of course if una "know" each other ignore my comment oh.
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by RiffRaff: 11:58pm On Jul 25, 2009
@ poster & people wit like minds its a gud tin u have decided to protect yourself in a country where d police cannot be relied on.

@ all d cretins screamer murder/priest & god mongerers.
Where were u block heads when bola ige wuz murdered?
Where were u when funsho williams wuz killed?
Anybody that wants to leave his safety to a god should do so but dont criticize somebody that wants to protect himself in an hopless nation.
Hopin to join u soon, Wud love a colt 45 or heckler & koch revolver if dat is not allowed i wil get a m6, m16 or a kalashinikov or any gun that can make a loud noise cuz nigerians think d louder the noise d more effective d weapon is.
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by lastpage: 1:02am On Jul 26, 2009
@tpia
lastpage & those of like mind

the fact that someone on the internet says they want to "defend themselves against robbers" doesnt they themselves arent armed robbers.

tpia, lets be real.
First, the "summarized" story up there happened in real life, about 15years ago.

I asked, if you're the "victim" (God forbid), what would you do, if you had a gun?
Will having one have made any difference? Please respond to these question first, before calling "us" armed robbers!  grin[b]

We dont know each other, and none of us have offered to "sell guns" to the other.[/b]
javascript:void(0);
The "poster" only made a "request for information" which, l will assume, will lead him to the proper, legal authorities, licensed to trade in firearms.
Is that a bad thing to do or would you rather he goes to the black-market and obtain one?

Does it not bother you where all those criminals (at least they dont come out openly) get the guns they use in oppressing innocent and law abiding victims like me and you?

Remember, armed robbers in Nigeria dont discriminate!
I pray you dont experience them, especially the drugged and crazy ones! grin

But, per-chance, if you do, like some have,  ,
you will thank God, if you have the means to protect, if not yourself, at least your family (wifey and children) cry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hanoo,
its really sad that "robbers" can have Uzi but law-abiding citizens are left with "Shakabula".
The trick, as my Uncle said, is to license "what is recommended" and have an unlicensed, "solid backup"!

How do you expect a robber firing 180-rounds/minute, to get scared-off, by some "cork-and-shoot"?

Better not to have at all, than to have something ineffective; puts you in more danger.

That "Govt prohibition list" seems destined for decoration!
Even Govt officials dont obey it to the letter.
In 1960, the list could meet the demands of the time, but in the 21st century, even the Police are crying for more fire-power.
The "enemy" defines the "weapon" of war. --  (The Art of War, by Nicollo Machiavelli)

Lastpage

BTW: seems that 'link' has "issues"? try and see if you can navigate it, now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by mccloud224(m): 2:15am On Jul 26, 2009
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit
« #22 on: Yesterday at 04:44:31 AM »

Shitheads!
This guy asked for "information" on a process/procedure.

Before you could say fire, everyone turned to pastor, psychologist, Counselor, Accuser and all sorts of deranged advisers!

If you dont have the answer to his question, let him be.

Owning a gun does not equate to being a murderer. My Uncle is retired Military man, he has three guns for over twenty years but l have never seen him "shoot anyone" , unnecessarily anyway Grin
When has it become a crime to "attempt" to defend yourself, when in mortal danger?

In Okota, Lagos, anyone who lives around there will bear witness that we all own guns, every house owner owns one. Thieves think twice before coming to rub us.

Have any of you ever wondered what difference it would make if you had a gun and the following happens to you?:

Four over-drugged guys come to your house in the night and after robbing you of ALL valuables, instead of leaving in peace, decided to take it to the next level.
They proceed to rape your pregnant wife in the presence of your 8year old son while asking you to "Toshiba" the whole scenario. You could feel the cold barrel of the gun against the pounding blood in your temple.

Your son was shouting "Daddy do something" and you looked into his eyes , and he saw naked fear in your eyes! One after the other, they took turns on your wife!
After all said and done, they "shot" your son that would not keep his mouth shut, in the leg, and left your wife bleeding, from a forced-miscarriage,

Can you ever look at your wife or your son in the face and call your self "A MAN"?

What difference would it have made, assuming you had a gun? Be honest, for once in your miserable life.

Okay, some of you will "pray" for the thieves and wish them a safe journey back Grin Grin Grin.
Alright, l hear you, "e no fit happen"!

My target is a rapid-fire, self loading Israeli-SMG.

"Guns dont kill people, Bad people do".

Lastpage.

BTW: Poster, can we rub minds on the matter jare?

@Topic

You know, the main reason i got online today was to ask the same questions.I would really like to acquire a licensed firearm for self protection.I'm pretty sure automatic weapons are out of it but an effective pump action backed up by a .45 or .38 would suit me.Forget all that talk of 180 round robbers.If 20 robbers spray 10,000 rounds into the house and you get just one of them, dem go think twice.Trust me, nobody wants to be in the way of a shot gun.

This country is turning into something else.Like it or not, you have to protect yourself.Some might say that the robbers might come back to revenge.Well, life is a risk and I'd rather take that risk than watch my wife being raped by some diseased/mentally deranged scumbags.Do you know how many marriages have been broken up in this way?How can you touch your wife after seeing her being raped by robbers?How can you live with yourself knowing that you couldn't do anything?How will you cope if she gets pregnant with the robbers child in her belly?How can you live if she contacts A.I.D.S or herpes from them?How can you live with yourself if your mother,sisters and wives sisters are there and they all share the same fate?Imagine your wife,mother,your 13 year old daughter,your sisters and your wife's sisters being gang raped in front of you?I tell you, you will never be yourself again.
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by Nobody: 2:18am On Jul 26, 2009
people are suddenly discovering a love for their otherwise unloveable Naija wives?

Naija men and 419.
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by mccloud224(m): 2:22am On Jul 26, 2009
@Tpia

It's obvious you're speaking for yourself.There is a saying "Pikin wey dey thief meat from im mama pot dey always suspect any other pikin wey enter kitchen".Not every 9ja man is like you.Grow up.
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by lastpage: 6:10am On Jul 26, 2009
@tpia

People are suddenly discovering a love for their otherwise unloveable Naija wives![quote][/quote]
You mean you dont love your spouse? What will happen if your spouse should accidentally read your comment??
I guess you would let dem do your spouse grin grin Nice dude!

You really speak for urself.

Anyway, What if it was "your daughter" or even "your son" that was "arse-raped" in your presence, deranged Robbers?
Does it make a difference to you?
Or you would just "dey look like Monkey" (as Fela would say!) grin

As "developed and pro-active" as American Police are, 'the Right to bear Arms" by citizens is enshrined in the constitution, so whats all the whinning by our "I.T.K" Nairalanders?, or are we just "Yellow-hypocrites"?

As a person, l respect "human-life" and always pray not to be confronted with a choice of "kill or be killed" but if it happens, God forbid that l am "helpless"!

Lastpage
Re: Info on how to get Firearm licence and permit by Hanoobaba(m): 8:33am On Jul 27, 2009
Now this thread has taken a rather interesting turn. When I first started the thread and I saw the first few posts I was thinking that I would be criticised by everyone on Nairaland. So i'm using this opportunity to thank everyone who've supported me so far.
@lastpage. I think i'll follow your uncle's trick. Maybe you should help me get the info I need from him regarding the procedure i.e where i'm I going to apply?, how much i'm I going to pay? And what are the things the will ask from me? Thanks.
@tpia. If you were thinking that I was intending to get a gun in this country, then you were making a mistake. Cos the gun will be purchased straight from legal dealers on the web. So get it into your thick skull that i'm not here to buy from anybody but to get info about the license

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Did You Spend Your Christmas Holiday / Rose Day Wishes For Girl Friend Rose Day Quotes For Love Valentines Rose Day Sms / 18 New States To Be Created In Nigeria – CONFAB Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.