Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured (73980 Views)

'My Name Is Ogochukwu Maduako, I Am A Farmer And A Recycler" / A Farmer Proudly Displays His Harvest And Yam Barn / Ekpeye Fisherman Kills A Manatee In Rivers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by haywire07(m): 12:01am On Feb 28, 2016
Vanquay:
I BLAME OBASANJO AND BUHARI

Still don't understand the reasoning of the Zombies that voted for a dictator whom's 2nd in charge(Tunde Idiagbon) was the one running strings.

To add insult to the provblem, Fela criticized him and yet y'all went in droves voting him in shocked

Please, what's the stigma attached to eating dead animals that didn't go through a sharp knife?

Is Fela God?

And who re u to call Nigerians Zombie?

Pls vote for me 2019
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by achilles1(m): 12:04am On Feb 28, 2016
taurus21:
What a great loss, but op you mean people were rushing to buy the dead chickens or did I get you wrong? Who consumes dead chickens?
Err body...u kill it, it dies, u cook it nd eat...err body eats dead chickens
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by ireneidiva(f): 12:05am On Feb 28, 2016
tobillionaire:
d heat dis days ehn? i jst washed my siblings nd laughed wen I saw dem mounting mosquito net... am sure thy Wl eventually resort to sleeping on d floor b4 day break
Washed?

1 Like

Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by GodblessNig247(m): 12:14am On Feb 28, 2016
Angelberry:
Sorry for the lost
Sorry for the loss not lost
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 28, 2016
GodblessNig247:

Sorry for the loss not lost
loss
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Atigba: 12:18am On Feb 28, 2016
All the mosquitoes in my environment are dead

Because of heat

Thank god

1 Like

Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by stevejireh01: 12:19am On Feb 28, 2016
To avoid any future occurrence, he should make sure the pen is well ventilated, introduce anti-stress drugs like vitamins into their water, increase their space and you can also be introducing ice block into their waters too, say, between 1pm - 4pm to reduce their body temperature .
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by VickyRotex(f): 12:31am On Feb 28, 2016
lequatee:

I don't know why I feel you are an intelligent fellow. you post perhaps ... gives me the inclination or game recognises game like they always say.

I appreciate the compliment! smiley
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by tochyano(m): 12:59am On Feb 28, 2016
No ac in the poultry? cool
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by macino1(m): 1:12am On Feb 28, 2016
Wow. . .This is terable
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by grandstar(m): 2:35am On Feb 28, 2016
Vanquay:
I BLAME OBASANJO AND BUHARI

Still don't understand the reasoning of the Zombies that voted for a dictator whom's 2nd in charge(Tunde Idiagbon) was the one running strings.

To add insult to the provblem, Fela criticized him and yet y'all went in droves voting him in shocked

Please, what's the stigma attached to eating dead animals that didn't go through a sharp knife?

the blood's not drai n
Acts 15:28-29
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Kirinwa: 4:39am On Feb 28, 2016
taurus21:
What a great loss, but op you mean people were rushing to buy the dead chickens or did I get you wrong? Who consumes dead chickens?

The unwary public by patronizing fast foods, frozen chicken shops.
Reminds me of how Nigerians dug out buried chickens.
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by EmekaBlue(m): 4:51am On Feb 28, 2016
Damn...Sorry fr d owner...Just manage d 250each..na so bizness be...sumtyms u gain other times u lose...
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Nobody: 5:12am On Feb 28, 2016
Serves em right
Next putting a temporary cooler/AC would be primus
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by miqos02(m): 5:21am On Feb 28, 2016
ChappyChase:

Can't afford to lose my three local fowl now wey esther dey around the corner!
esther ur girl friend abi?
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by ChappyChase: 6:01am On Feb 28, 2016
miqos02:
esther ur girl friend abi?
Hahahahahahahah! Poor spelling, I meant Easter celebration.
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Dolypson04(m): 6:19am On Feb 28, 2016
Martins301:
I just came back after a day of hustling hard under the sun to meet people trooping into my neighbours compound. I didn't really know what was happening until I saw them coming back, holding dead chickens. Alas, the excessive heat ability name hot weather condition had succeeded in killing over 200 birds (layers) from them man's flock and people where buying them at N250 each.

All poultry farmers should take note and provide proper ventilation for their birds before this becomes a national disaster.

Thanks for the info OP but judging from the pic u uploaded, these are not layers but broilers. Layers can still adapt to heat to some extent compared to broilers.
I guess the farmer overstocked his birds or the ventilation was extremely poor and probably didn't provide adequate water too.
All farmers or intending poultry farmers should learn from this.
Don't use a floor space that's is meant for 100 birds for 250 birds all to beat the cost of production. The end is always regrettable. Not only heat but diseases outbreak and cannibalism (if deep litter) will be rampant in such poultry.
And to those buy dead birds, be warned. Some birds might have been killed by zoonotic diseases rather than heat.

2 Likes

Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by dotman2460: 6:29am On Feb 28, 2016
OP, you are a bloody liar. That picture was not taken on your neighbor's farm. You got the picture here:

http://www.fwi.co.uk/poultry/farmer-banned-from-poultry-business-in-cruelty-case.htm

1 Like

Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by aobinna79(m): 6:29am On Feb 28, 2016
Martins301:
I just came back after a day of hustling hard under the sun to meet people trooping into my neighbours compound. I didn't really know what was happening until I saw them coming back, holding dead chickens. Alas, the excessive heat ability name hot weather condition had succeeded in killing over 200 birds (layers) from them man's flock and people where buying them at N250 each.

All poultry farmers should take note and provide proper ventilation for their birds before this becomes a national disaster.

Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by xklucvG: 6:32am On Feb 28, 2016
This farmer probably did not apply the essential vitamines and minerals recomended for harsh weather conditions like this.
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Hypolyta: 6:36am On Feb 28, 2016
Celebration time all this meat chai
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Henovy: 6:37am On Feb 28, 2016
herald9:
This is the time to install air conditioners in poultry farms...
Hmmn, suppose they now get too cold? Won't it be from fry pan to fire?
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by akinmusi(m): 6:44am On Feb 28, 2016
The true cause of death is questionable or uncertain.

I would not admit they died of excessive heat until a thorough test is done to ascertain true cause of death.

This is where our officials should come in and find out if it is ideally hygienic to consume such chicken.

Nigeria, hope is not lost we will surely get there.
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 28, 2016
Dolypson04:

Thanks for the info OP but judging from the pic u uploaded, these are not layers but broilers. Layers can still adapt to heat to some extent compared to broilers.
I guess the farmer overstocked his birds or the ventilation was extremely poor and probably didn't provide adequate water too.
All farmers or intending poultry farmers should learn from this.
Don't use a floor space that's is meant for 100 birds for 250 birds all to beat the cost of production. The end is always regrettable. Not only heat but diseases outbreak and cannibalism (if deep litter) will be rampant in such poultry.
And to those buy dead birds, be warned. Some birds might have been killed by zoonotic diseases rather than heat.

You are right. The pic is wrong but the birds were layers. I couldn't snap at night and I have visited the poultry during the day. The attached img is just for effect

1 Like

Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Nobody: 6:48am On Feb 28, 2016
dotman2460:
OP, you are a bloody liar. That picture was not taken on your neighbor's farm. You got the picture here:

http://www.fwi.co.uk/poultry/farmer-banned-from-poultry-business-in-cruelty-case.htm

You are bloody correct. Nobody wanted to be snapped with a dead black fowl at night and the poultry owner was already pissed off at his loss. Now can you move your bloody nose otta my way?

Happy Sunday
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by Jollymich(m): 6:52am On Feb 28, 2016
Sorry
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by samx4real(m): 6:55am On Feb 28, 2016
raker300:
This heat is something else. An nepa is not helping issues. Just 3 hrs of light everyday...the heat Is killing us here

We surely deserve everything that is happening right now in this country!
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by elfenomeno01: 6:57am On Feb 28, 2016
The chickens got cooked grin
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by otokx(m): 7:15am On Feb 28, 2016
Poultry business is one very risky stuff.
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by lagosrd: 7:15am On Feb 28, 2016
Martins301:

Try Nigerite roofing sheets and not iron sheets or aluminium. its a magic wand. it reduces the heat and helps the birds in terms of internal heat control that strikes directly on the birds. that is exactly what good farms uses. you can reach me on 07057856377 for more enquires.
Re: Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured by wheezie24(m): 7:15am On Feb 28, 2016
taurus21:
people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? / Huge Cassava Harvested In Imo State, Taller Than The Owner!!!!! (Photos) / Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.