Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries (9284 Views)

Buhari Condemns Coup In Turkey, Congratulates President Erdogan For Surviving Pu / Buhari Receives Erdogan, Turkish President (photos) / Names Of Two African Countries Winning War Against Corruption-bbc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 27, 2016
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan will visit four west African countries next week, including Nigeria, his office said Saturday in a new sign of Ankara's desire to be a major influence in the region.

Erdogan will began his visit in Ivory Coast on Sunday, before travelling on to Ghana and then to economic powerhouse Nigeria. He will wrap up the trip in Guinea on Thursday, it said.

The visit was aimed at deepening Turkey's "strategic partnership" with Africa and developing relations with members of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), the presidential statement said.

It will be the first time a Turkish president has visited Ivory Coast and Guinea, it added.

Erdogan, who in January last year visited Ethiopia, Djibouti and Somalia, is spearheading a drive to expand Turkish presence in Africa.

Turkey has more than tripled the number of embassies it has in Africa since 2009 while flag carrier Turkish Airlines has dozens of destinations on the continent.

Bilateral trade between Turkey and all of Africa was worth $23.4 billion in 2014 while bilateral trade with sub-Saharan countries has increased tenfold since 2000, according to the foreign ministry.

Turkey is also moving to increase its presence outside its traditional sphere of influence in the lands of the Ottoman Empire and Erdogan this year also visited Chile, Ecuador and Peru.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3466975/Turkeys-Erdogan-embark-major-trip-Africa.html

Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by Raphael81(m): 10:57pm On Feb 27, 2016
Good development but Edrogan has very radical views, that is my beef with him, i hope the visit will spur economic cooperation between both countries

6 Likes

Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by Rikidony(m): 11:01pm On Feb 27, 2016
Erdogan putin worse nightmare welcome to nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 27, 2016
Rikidony:

Sultan Erdogan.... LMFAO!

Funny how Turkish F-16s have simply disappeared from the Turkish-Syrian border. The S400 and S300 systems are the beginning of wisdom for "monarch" Erdogan.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by babyfaceafrica: 11:09pm On Feb 27, 2016
Rikidony:
why using putin and erdogan in the same sentence?...that guy cannot lace putin shoe!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 27, 2016
Raphael81:
Good development but Edrogan has very radical views, that is my beef with him, i hope the visit will spur economic cooperation between both countries
Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by brunofarad(m): 8:29am On Feb 28, 2016
Ok

I hope this doesn't in any way make our relationship with Britain drift a bit.

Welcome tho
Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by Roidatom(m): 8:30am On Feb 28, 2016
Right.
Buhari is not the only one skyjumping after all.
Nigeria, be careful with Erdogan, Putin's watching.
Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by diasporaman(m): 8:30am On Feb 28, 2016
Erdogan is an enemy of social media. i hope his coming will not influence baba negatively
Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by Bisjosh(f): 8:31am On Feb 28, 2016
We don't need him here angry

4 Likes

Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by chidekings(m): 8:32am On Feb 28, 2016
that man is among the terrorists holding public office.

7 Likes

Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by Lifebender(m): 8:33am On Feb 28, 2016
I dnt trust this ISIS supporter

1 Like

Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by moufan: 8:33am On Feb 28, 2016
I like this.
Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by EROMS38(m): 8:33am On Feb 28, 2016
So much love Turkey n tough talking Erdogan. The way he speaks with confidence. A major world power.

1 Like

Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 28, 2016
Safe Trip, that's a very nice to hear, but I don't think he'll be able to make our President waka waka in the country when he come.
Happy sunday to all Nairalanders.
Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by virus05(m): 8:34am On Feb 28, 2016
Ajala don teach am
Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by Lifebender(m): 8:35am On Feb 28, 2016
Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by kay29000(m): 8:35am On Feb 28, 2016
Nice. Let us continue to associate with these rich/advanced countries, maybe something will rub off.

1 Like

Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by cutiepie25(f): 8:36am On Feb 28, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by Quelme: 8:36am On Feb 28, 2016
EROMS38:
So much love Turkey n tough talking Erdogan. The way he speaks with confidence. A major world power.
a major what.? Don't even go there.

2 Likes

Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by thamoswonder: 8:37am On Feb 28, 2016
He is always welcomed
Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by ChappyChase: 8:38am On Feb 28, 2016
You better come at the right time if not you won't meet bubu when you get here!! #bubuWalker!
Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by Anas4sure(m): 8:38am On Feb 28, 2016
I know some iPod and children of hate from d south will come and claim buhari and endogan plan 2 islamize Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 28, 2016
EROMS38:
Security Alert!!!!!!! grin grin grin One Aljazeera Wannabe spotted!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by Dottore: 8:39am On Feb 28, 2016
I see

1 Like

Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by jordyspices: 8:40am On Feb 28, 2016
Are u sure he will meet buhari at all cos d last time I checked baba ajanla is out of d country nd as soon as he comes back he will jet out again #buhariplsstayoneplace

1 Like

Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by sayyid(m): 8:41am On Feb 28, 2016
May this bring sumtsomething positive for Nigeria
Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by GodpunishBuhari: 8:42am On Feb 28, 2016
Rikidony:

Are you okay? Turkey putin nightmare? Wake up. Even usa fears putin talk more small turkey

1 Like

Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by amanikondo: 8:48am On Feb 28, 2016
Henry240:

Sultan Erdogan.... LMFAO!

Funny how Turkish F-16s have simply disappeared from the Turkish-Syrian border. The S400 and S300 systems are the beginning of wisdom for "monarch" Erdogan.
Russia will have his ass beaten by NATO, what can Russia do to its downed Jet by Turkey, Nothing.
The fear of NATO is the beginning of Wisdom for Lord Putin.

1 Like

Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by Jirate(m): 8:48am On Feb 28, 2016
Coming to learn from APC the course Tagged, “How to rule your Country from Abroad”.
Re: Erdogan To Visit Four African Countries by plaetton: 8:50am On Feb 28, 2016
This mofo is an I'll wind that blows no good.

A monster who detains little children for allegedly insulting him online.

Who gave this arxxhole a visa to Nigeria ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ifeanyichukwu Ibezi Awards Scholarships To Anambra Students / How Personal Interests Fuel PDP Crisis Ahead 2023 / Should We Call Our Colonial Masters Back?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.