Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) (17886 Views)

Most Insane Nuclear Weapons / Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. / Nuclear Weapons: 20 Facts You Should Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Awoofawo(m): 6:57am On Feb 28, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Magician1503(m): 7:01am On Feb 28, 2016
I've always reasoned that someday somehow, mankind will destroy this beautiful earth with their evil machinations....

Can you even imagine the heat we feel these days?
It's a direct result of the pressure we are putting on the earth and the atmosphere.
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by ben1daEbiri(m): 7:02am On Feb 28, 2016
Guys do you know awhat I think?I think these "nuclear" weapons being manufactured recently are not nuclear,they're infact "chemical" weapons!Yes...chemical weapons!I just pray for one thing,let me be long gone and forgotten before any of these should be used....Just imagine thousands and thousands off of force was made to destroy lives...I mean,If ONE of these is detonated in Nigeria then verily verily I say to us: OUR GOOSE IS COOKED!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Explorers(m): 7:07am On Feb 28, 2016
The nuclear weapons on a single Trident submarine can destroy over 40 million people. UK has 4, US has 14.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Explorers(m): 7:10am On Feb 28, 2016
A nuclear war would cause a blanket of particles in the atmosphere that would blot out the sun’s rays and result in the death of the vegetation on which life depends. This would be in addition to the death of people, animals, and plants caused by the explosive power, the radiation and the shockwaves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Explorers(m): 7:20am On Feb 28, 2016
Survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki referred to the pain and suffering as ‘indescribable’ and ‘hell on earth’. Eventually some survivors of Hiroshima arrived in hospital elsewhere. Such was their degree of suffering that when a nurse entered the ward they screamed for her to kill them.

http://dissidentvoice.org/2010/09/nuclear-weapons-20-facts-they-don%E2%80%99t-want-you-to-think-about/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by kunlesufyan(m): 7:28am On Feb 28, 2016
Funny how humans will settle down and spend millions on devices that would take lives in multiple folds..to even think someone tot of blowing up the moon shocked..wetin moon do you?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by longjohnsilver: 7:44am On Feb 28, 2016
hmmm

one thing is for sure...

.i dont know the kind of sophisticated weapons the countries of the world will use to fight world war 3 buh i am sure world war 4 would be fought with sticks n stones if at all some of us are still standing.

But then again...i dont pray we witness WW3 but with growin tensions all over the world...its seems inevitable.

while other countries reduces d number of active military personnels...Nigeria army.is tryin to increase theirs....just one "little boy" from US is enuf to wipe out the whole Nigerian Armed Forces.
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by herald9: 7:46am On Feb 28, 2016
Explorers:
Testing a Hydrogen Bomb in Space.

In 1962, having given up on trying to blow up the moon, American scientists wanted to see what would happen if a nuclear bomb was exploded in space. In an operation codenamed Operation Starfish Prime, a powerful hydrogen bomb was launched in the nose of a Thor rocket to detonate some 250 miles above the Pacific Ocean. The test wasn’t without its controversy and brought forth protests across the globe. However, yhe Honolulu Advertiser was rather more upbeat with its cheerful headline “Nuclear Blast Tonight May be Dazzling; Good View Likely.” The device detonated in space at 11pm Honolulu time, on July 9th. Once again the explosion turned out to be more powerful than had been expected. The night sky was lit up by the blast and glowed in blue, red and green. An electromagnetic pulse knocked out electrical services up to 1500 kilometres away, disrupted telephone service, set off burglar alarms, and damaged satellites.
There's too much power in the hands of man shocked and man can't be rational all the time.

What if these Muslim radicals lay hands on these weapons... shocked
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by divinehand2003(m): 7:59am On Feb 28, 2016
Madness mehn, madness.
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by herald9: 8:02am On Feb 28, 2016
kunlesufyan:
Funny how humans will settle down and spend millions on devices that would take lives in multiple folds..to even think someone tot of blowing up the moon shocked..wetin moon do you?
Just unimaginable, our sense is really killing us. In our quest to understanding the earth and harnessing it's resources to satisfy our wants, we went too far and now everyone is possessing weapons that'd spell a beginning to an end.

We really need a factory reset button angry

1 Like

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:29am On Feb 28, 2016
longjohnsilver:
hmmm

one thing is for sure...

.i dont know the kind of sophisticated weapons the countries of the world will use to fight world war 3 buh i am sure world war 4 would be fought with sticks n stones if at all some of us are still standing.

But then again...i dont pray we witness WW3 but with growin tensions all over the world...its seems inevitable.

while other countries reduces d number of active military personnels...Nigeria army.is tryin to increase theirs....just one "little boy" from US is enuf to wipe out the whole Nigerian Armed Forces.

Lol...Stones and sticks, ive heard that before. But do you think there wil be survivors if US, Russia, North Korea, and Some Arab nations should launch their nuclear warheads? I learnt that apart from the instant blast of just one of these weapons, it's radiation will kill millions in weeks, natural disasters like earthquake, tsunami will also be triggered. Don't forget these powerful Nations are just exposing the tip of the iceberg to the world when it comes to weapons advancement, most especially the US. So i believe the weapons they have in their possession are deadlier than we think.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Rich4god(m): 8:51am On Feb 28, 2016
If all these funds where invested in agriculture and human development, the world would have been better than what it is now.... No different between human and wild animals... Destruction always in our mind.

1 Like

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Rich4god(m): 8:58am On Feb 28, 2016
kunlesufyan:
Nna, d tin no tire you... Then I thought scientists are sane pple. How can some one things of blowing up the moon...

2 Likes

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Rich4god(m): 9:00am On Feb 28, 2016
herald9:

There's too much power in the hands of man shocked and man can't be rational all the time.

What if these Muslim radicals lay hands on these weapons... shocked
You can just imagine if Isis or all Qaeda just over ran the govt of Pakistan and lay hold of these nuclear weapons... God help us....

1 Like

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by herald9: 9:08am On Feb 28, 2016
Rich4god:
If all these funds where invested in agriculture and human development, the world would have been better than what it is now.... No different between human and wild animals... Destruction always in our mind.
There's a big difference bro. Wild animals kill for food, to satisfy their hunger. Do humans kill humans to satisfy their hunger too?

2 Likes

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Rich4god(m): 9:13am On Feb 28, 2016
herald9:

There's a big difference bro. Wild animals kill for food, to satisfy their hunger. Do humans kill humans to satisfy their hunger too?
In other words, wild animals are even better... Cos really can't imagine how some sane human beings will develop weapons that will wipe everything on this earth.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by longjohnsilver: 10:47am On Feb 28, 2016
Explorers:

Lol...Stones and sticks, ive heard that before. But do you think there wil be survivors if US, Russia, North Korea, and Some Arab nations should launch their nuclear warheads? I learnt that apart from the instant blast of just one of these weapons, it's radiation will kill millions in weeks, natural disasters like earthquake, tsunami will also be triggered. Don't forget these powerful Nations are just exposing the tip of the iceberg to the world when it comes to weapons advancement, most especially the US. So i believe the weapons they have in their possession are deadlier than we think.

From some things i have read online there would be survivors...because there are some underground bunkers that can withstand nuclear xplosions (i guess because they are underground and provided the people make it there bfor impact) but i am quite sure the aftermath of the nuclear explosion would have depleted the green n life friendly earth to another red planet, that those left alive would beg to die because...famine... drought...xtreme weather conditions would be the order of the day.

let's just hope n pray ego doesnt overwhelm all these nuclear states mehn....let's just hope n pray.
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by longjohnsilver: 10:55am On Feb 28, 2016
Rich4god:

l am telling you...and to think there are some people living on less than one dollar per day...while it costs millions of dollars to make WMDs...Humans are each others greatest enemy...

as the popular sayin goes..."only the dead as seen the end of the war"
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Rich4god(m): 11:11am On Feb 28, 2016
longjohnsilver:

l am telling you...and to think there are some people living on less than one dollar per day...while it costs millions of dollars to make WMDs...Humans are each others greatest enemy...

as the popular sayin goes..."only the dead as seen the end of the war"
You can imagine that one single F16 fighter jet cost billions of dollars.... But some on their maiden mission will either crash or be bombed... yet more funds will be invested to build more... And den d its disheartening to know that some of the world richest are only interested in funding negative projects like the development of suicide grains...
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by longjohnsilver: 11:27am On Feb 28, 2016
Rich4god:
You can imagine that one single F16 fighter jet cost billions of dollars.... But some on their maiden mission will either crash or be bombed... yet more funds will be invested to build more... And den d its disheartening to know that some of the world richest are only interested in funding negative projects like the development of suicide grains...

if only the supposed world powers would swallow dia prides and mk the world a better place and everione is close to being happy.

if only they realised that life is vanity...if only.
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by pearl360(f): 12:35pm On Feb 28, 2016
I remember early this year North Korea tested a hydrogen bomb.
What's all this nau?
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Fash20: 12:43pm On Feb 28, 2016
Explorers:
Not all Nuclear Bombs are designed to go off with a Big Bang.

All nuclear weapons are scary but the neutron bomb is possibly the most terrifying of them all. Unlike most bombs, it’s not designed to cause a huge explosion. In fact, it was specifically designed to create as small of a blast as possible. Instead of a fiery explosion, the neutron bomb is intended to spew out vast amounts of radiation killing anybody unfortunate enough to be in the vicinity whilst leaving buildings and infrastructure intact.
what the Bleep! Mehn I fear that kind of missile
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Explorers(m): 1:00pm On Feb 28, 2016
The only way the armed forces have of knowing if a nuclear attack is in progress is through an electronic early warning system. When the electronic warning system signals that a nuclear attack is in progress the military chiefs of staff have a matter of minutes to decide if the warning is true or false. If the chiefs of staff instruct the Prime Minister/President that an attack is in progress he has a matter of minutes to decide if this information is reliable and to press the button launching a retaliatory strike.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Explorers(m): 1:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
Hiroshima bombing 1945: Enola Gay, the carrier of "little boy", piloted by Tibbets, took off from North Field, in the Mariana Islands. The plane flew for 6hrs, accompanied by two other B-29s before reaching the target(Hiroshima, Japan).
The aircraft, Enola Gay arrived over the target in clear visibility at 9,855 meters (32,333 ft). Captain William S. who was in command of the mission, armed the bomb during the flight to minimize the risks during takeoff. His assistant, Second Lieutenant Morris R. Jeppson, removed the safety devices 30 minutes before reaching the target area. The release at 08:15 (Hiroshima time) went as planned, and the Little Boy took 43 seconds to fall from the aircraft flying at 31,060 feet (9,470 m) to the predetermined detonation height about 1,968 feet (600 m) above the city. Enola Gay traveled 11.5 mi (18.5 km) before it felt the shock waves from the blast.

But today, nuclear missiles that are over 100x more powerful than "Little boy and Fat man" combined can be fired/launched from anywhere to anywhere around the world.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by pulsa(m): 2:13pm On Feb 28, 2016
Non-Nuclear weapons of mass destruction are the future,as they can not be detected by Geiger counters,and still they possess the yield of nukes
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by aolumaxi(m): 2:23pm On Feb 28, 2016
pulsa:
Non-Nuclear weapons of mass destruction are the future,as they can not be detected by Geiger counters,and still they possess the yield of nukes
like chemical and biological weapons ooooo

1 Like

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by pulsa(m): 3:38pm On Feb 28, 2016
aolumaxi:
like chemical and biological weapons ooooo
somewhat more like biochemically engineered viruses.
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by HapyOne: 11:29pm On Feb 28, 2016
krattoss:
can any African country boast of nukes?

Huh !
For what exactly, we have poverty and corruption to fight already.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by HapyOne: 11:33pm On Feb 28, 2016
I believe a major war would be averted this year.
We have the Turks highly becoming stubborn, I hope they attack another Russia asset again.

1 Like

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by HapyOne: 11:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
Their is a weapon with the potential to be more powerful than Nuclear Bomb.
It's called an Anti-Matter Bomb, it's quite expensive and the technology is still lame. The basic equation governing the antimatter reaction is Einstein's famous E = mc^2, but, since a given mass of antimatter needs an equal mass of ordinary matter with which to react, this effectively becomes E = 2mc^2.

3 Likes

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Angelou(m): 7:26am On Feb 29, 2016
HapyOne:
Their is a weapon with the potential to be more powerful than Nuclear Bomb.
It's called an Anti-Matter Bomb, it's quite expensive and the technology is still lame. The basic equation governing the antimatter reaction is Einstein's famous E = mc^2, but, since a given mass of antimatter needs an equal mass of ordinary matter with which to react, this effectively becomes E = 2mc^2.
anti-matter is a hypothetical material (just like tachyons), and is highly volatile. when it come in contact with matter of any form it is presumed to be capable of vaporising it (even air). deployment of such substance in warfare will render the point zero uninhabitable....
it seems you read about anti matter in dan brown's angel and demons right?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Little Boy Creates His On Drum Set And Beat (video) / Samsung LCD TV Or Sharp LCD TV: Which Do You Prefer? / Choosing Best Deep Cycle Batteries For Your Solar And Inverter System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.