Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal (11164 Views)

SOLD Urgent Sale 2011 M-Benz E350 Like Toks Dealing @6m net! / Fraudulent Car Websites In USA. / Fraudulent Car Seller On Jiji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by onatisi(m): 8:07am On Mar 03, 2016
kizyalex10:
Seriously,do u knw that most people whho re rich re nt really the smartest.most of thhem re lucky to be rich.i can't o. A transaction. With a total stranger worth half of thata amount or some trusted representative.wonder hw some pple tink shaa
The buyer sent 1million naira for a the purchase of a car and there is not even a receipt from the seller ,this is what local touts in garages call "no receipt ,no charger"

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by bobbyluis(m): 10:11am On Mar 03, 2016
anichizara:
i saw an advert by FortuneVal around the 2nd week of November 2015 for an AUDI A6 C6 which he tagged 1.25M and i really liked the car(i cant even find the ad on nairaland again, i wanted to share the link). i

checked out the car online and i really loved everything about the car and also the one he was advertising was really clean and fresh... i

gave him a call and he told me the final price of the car was 1.15M and that i should try and act fast because someone else was really

interested in the car and that its 1st come 1st serve... i stay in Enugu and he stays at lagos, so i checked out his profile on nairaland

and saw that he has plenty adverts in his name and that a couple of cars have been tagged SOLD. so i said to myself that he might be

legit, since he is not too new on nairaland and he has supposedly sold a couple of cars. so i called him back and asked him how much i

would deposit to hold the car down, he said he doesn't really like the deposit thing that he would prefer me to come and pick it once

because he wouldn't want a situation i might end up saying i wont be able to buy it again, but after everything he said a deposit of 500k

would do.. so the next day i transferred it to him and told him that i wasn't in town but would be coming back by the 1st week of december

and that by then he should bring it down and collect the balance, which we both agreed on.
He now said that he will need to renew the registrations of the car which just expired which will cost me about 37k and that the driver

he called charged 30k for getting it down to me... so i sent him 70k, he said it should take him up until the last week of november to

finish the papers and he will now bring it down for me once i'm back. i then sent a friend over with a mechanic to go check out the car

for me, which they did and said the car is good shape, that its still very healthy.... so i was now happily waiting for the discussed

time.
up until the 1st week of december he said the papers are still being arranged but that he needed my help, that there is this toyota

camry that came in for him which he needs to clear and that he doesn't have much money on him, that he will need like extra 500k to fully

clear the car so it doesn't incur any extra cost for him. i thought about it and said since my friend has seen the car, why don't i just

give it to him, so i sent him the money, 2nd week came by and he said it just remains the road worthiness paper. like 3 days after he

called me and told me that all the papers are ready and that they just need to arrange fuel(which was that period that fuel was scarce and

costly) and hit the road the next morning. after getting the fuel, he told me that they are on their way, around 3pm that day, i called

him and he said they are still at ijebu ode, that they are having a small issue with police but it will soon be rectified. in the evening

he then called me and said they impounded the car that the custom papers of the car is not authentic. he now said that he will head to

lagos the next day to rectify the issue. the next day he now said they require him to do another customs paper and that it takes 5 working

days to be out. after like a week(this was now like 2 days after christmas) he said the papers were now out and that he will now send only

the driver...
on the 29th of december, the driver supposedly hit the road with the car, in the afternoon i called the driver and he didn't pick(i concluded that he must be driving and thats why he didn't pick). towards the evening i tried again and his number was off. fortuneval called and told me that the driver's number is not going through. it stayed like that for 2 days before fortuneval now called me and said that the car's gasket blew in Benin, thats why the driver didnt make it again and that they even stole the drivers phone. he now said i had 3 options, 1. wait for the audi to be fixed and sent down to me, 2. ask for a refund or 3. choose another car in his inventory that he would send down for me instead. i asked for a benz e320 and he said he can make it available for 1.6M. and i told him to send it down, he said its with a fellow dealer, that he would discuss with him and then tell me wen they will be ready to bring it down. he called and told me the owner of the car is with the original papers of the car and that he hasn't come back from the holiday. i waited for a couple of days and he now said the owner is back and that he has now collected the benz from them, that he just needs to take it to a mechanic to make sure everything is in order, that he doesn't want any more stories, that he feels bad he hasn't delivered since. the next day he called and told me that he is with the mechanic, that the only problem the car has is the sound system and that it will soon be fixed. towards the evening he called and told me that everything has been fixed and that the car will be with me soon, no stories this time. i was happy and said ok...... since then his number has been off till date........ thats how i lost a total of 1.07M
Bros na jazz??

4 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by anichizara: 5:03pm On Mar 03, 2016
bobbyluis:
Bros na jazz??
i still wonder my brother
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by pattybf(f): 5:46pm On Mar 03, 2016
I feel bad for u @op, but den I think u r one those money miss road! how can u have over a million to spend on a car n u cldnt afford a flight ticket to go n inspect, pay n pick it at once.

this is why scam will always strive. gullible!

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by onatisi(m): 6:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
pattybf:
I feel bad for u @op, but den I think u r one those money miss road! how can u have over a million to spend on a car n u cldnt afford a flight ticket to go n inspect, pay n pick it at once.

this is why scam will always strive. gullible!
I am sure if the op had an important family ceremony in Lagos,he wouldn't mind to go to Lagos on Friday and return to his base by Saturday

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by ophilly: 7:30pm On Mar 03, 2016
Could you possibly be talking about this car? See the link:
https://www.nairaland.com/2343260/nice-2007-audi-a4-fairlyused
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by router123(m): 7:31pm On Mar 03, 2016
Oga am sorry oh. But. I guess na 2 much money dey do u. 1. How much is a flight frm Enugu to Lagos (less Dan 1 hour). Hw much is a flight from Enugu to lag? Less Dan 20k. If had been dere I told dem u need a car u want to go 2 Enugu with he would hav given u a car with complete paper if u treathen 2 leave d deal dat same day. What I am saying is dat going to Lagos by flight getting a driver to drive u with d car of ur choice couldn't have taken 24hrs. Can u make 1m I 24hrs? I doubt it
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by bobbyluis(m): 12:02am On Mar 04, 2016
anichizara:
i still wonder my brother
1.07M gone just like dat?
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by Dexmars(m): 9:23am On Mar 04, 2016
This FortuneVAL......

So the guy no get address wey im use register bvn?

It's not so hard to nail him is it?

If everybody lives in fear of being scammed....we would have obviously imprisoned ourselves.
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by onatisi(m): 11:22am On Mar 04, 2016
Dexmars:
This FortuneVAL......

So the guy no get address wey im use register bvn?

It's not so hard to nail him is it?

If everybody lives in fear of being scammed....we would have obviously imprisoned ourselves.
So he will just take the bvn to the bank and they will hand over his information to him abi?
Cant you see that fortuneval has no case here?he transferred 1 million naira to "virtual" person he meant online. No receipt was even given to him by the accused to indicate receipt of the money or what it was for. This case is more less like someone transferring money to a wrong account number
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by NanaF: 11:32am On Mar 04, 2016
onatisi:

So he will just take the bvn to the bank and they will hand over his information to him abi?
Cant you see that fortuneval has no case here?he transferred 1 million naira to "virtual" person he meant online. No receipt was even given to him by the accused to indicate receipt of the money or what it was for. This case is more less like someone transferring money to a wrong account number

That's a lie.

Please stop giving scammers confidence.

I'm sure Fortune Val is reading this thread.

OP get the authorities involved. Like I said, you'll spend money but at least your 1.07M wont just "go" like that

5 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by onatisi(m): 12:02pm On Mar 04, 2016
NanaF:

That's a lie.

Please stop giving scammers confidence.

I'm sure Fortune Val is reading this thread.

OP get the authorities involved. Like I said, you'll spend money but at least your 1.07M wont just "go" like that
So what will he tell the police? That he sent 1 million naira to someone he hasn't seen before and for a car he never saw? Where is the receipt? All what I am saying is that ppl should stop taking dumb risks and mistakes like this with the hope that someone will clean up the mess .there are car marts all over ,if you want to buy a car go to one ,if you want to pay any deposit for anything common sense states that you should collect a receipt from such a person or company.
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by NanaF: 12:11pm On Mar 04, 2016
onatisi:

So what will he tell the police? That he sent 1 million naira to someone he hasn't seen before and for a car he never saw? Where is the receipt? All what I am saying is that ppl should stop taking dumb risks and mistakes like this with the hope that someone will clean up the mess .there are car marts all over ,if you want to buy a car go to one ,if you want to pay any deposit for anything common sense states that you should collect a receipt from such a person or company.

Our authorities are aware of cyber crime. I don't really know how they work but I'm sure there's an appropriate dept or office to handle complaints like this.

He has a teller / transfer receipt showing the account details Of the scammer.

He can print the ad he saw online, through which he initiated the transaction.

It's not a dead end. When Naija Police wants to work, they know how to.

2 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by Sobrit(m): 1:23pm On Mar 04, 2016
onatisi:

this your post and others like that are sickening to me. Keep quiet if you have no ideas.

4 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by onatisi(m): 1:31pm On Mar 04, 2016
Sobrit:

this your post and others like that are sickening to me. Keep quiet if you have no ideas.
Shut up if you have nothing tangible or intelligent to say. I simply gave reasons why this case is difficult,it is this dumb mentality of urs that makes ppl like you jump into mistakes because you feel the police will always sort it out,
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 04, 2016
onatisi:

Ebay,aliexpress and the examples you quoted are registered companies with directors and sound management. Secondly they also have in place anti fraud departments that protects their businesses despite all these they are still hit by credit card frauds and many others . PayPal has a very strict seller protection policy,what all these means is that the companies you quoted don't take stupid risks. They protect themselves very very well against fraud. In this case here many ppl in this auto section send money out to individuals they have not even seen ,the only thing they rely on is nairaland image ,that is stupidity.it is good to always make sure you protect yourself against fraud. Ph to Lagos isn't too far,extra 30k may have saved the buyer his over 1million naira loss . If you want to buy a car frm nairaland auto section make sure you see the car with your two eyes ,feel the car,test it then pay and drive it off.

God bless your generation immensely!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by onatisi(m): 2:24pm On Mar 04, 2016
IamDelilah:

God bless your generation immensely!!!!
Thank you ma grin
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by Sobrit(m): 3:24pm On Mar 04, 2016
onatisi:

Shut up if you have nothing tangible or intelligent to say. I simply gave reasons why this case is difficult,it is this dumb mentality of urs that makes ppl like you jump into mistakes because you feel the police will always sort it out,
keep living in your neanderthal paradise. But if u are part of the gangs that think you can breach people's trust and get away with it, mind you, you won't always get lucky with it like this defeatist weak fellow the op here.
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by onatisi(m): 3:30pm On Mar 04, 2016
Sobrit:

[s]keep living in your neanderthal paradise. But if u are part of the gangs that think you can breach people's trust and get away with it, mind you, you won't always get lucky with it like this defeatist weak fellow the op here[/s].
Next time talk with your common sense. Even a daft person will understand what I wrote in my posts.

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by 123papas(m): 3:34pm On Mar 04, 2016
you transferred money into an account. so we have an account, an email, a phone number, bb pin, and address (your friend saw the car), car details etc. you can fish him out if you want your money.

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by Sobrit(m): 3:57pm On Mar 04, 2016
123papas:
you transferred money into an account. so we have an account, an email, a phone number, bb pin, and address (your friend saw the car), car details etc. you can fish him out if you want your money.
No, how will he work with those evidences when he has been cowed to accept his fate since he has no receipt. And hundreds of such scammers and scum fugitives are apprehended and prosecuted daily even on relationship frauds involving nationals of different countries

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by sauceEEP(m): 4:27pm On Mar 04, 2016
Chai!!! Now wey our economy tight pesin just blow 1m throway.... angry

3 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by asids55: 7:51pm On Mar 04, 2016
anichizara:
at 1st i thought so too but this is like the end of February and still no communication

bro..what steps have you taken to track the guy down??
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by Dexmars(m): 10:30pm On Mar 04, 2016
onatisi:

What are you saying.....

So you think he transferred money to pay for dowry ability bride price.
Transfer receipt dey.
Deposit slip day.

So you think the unFortuneVal will come out and say.....no receipt......no money!!!

Thunder fire scammers.

2 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by iamSi(m): 3:45am On Mar 05, 2016
Maybe he's dead
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by ifyalways(f): 9:09am On Mar 07, 2016
iamSi:
Maybe he's dead
Interesting. . .

Can the OP post his real names here? Someone might know how to fish him out if we knew his names.
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by Igwe9(m): 9:59am On Mar 07, 2016
Surprisingly, people are here arguing over nothing, the OP did not transfer the money to a ghost. He transferred to a human being. DSS did not wait for receipt to invite those that Dasuki sent money to. The transfer receipt is there as evidence, teller if cash paid into an account is also there. Bank has the record. What are we talking about?
Receipt comes as the only evidence when a cash payment to an individual is involved; not having receipt means that the goods have not been delivered.
OP, get your bank and police involved, they will help you track him down.

3 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by emmabest2000(m): 1:27pm On Mar 07, 2016
Does it means that the story is a fake or the Op is a joker ?

Post the picture of the said car
And also post the whatsapp chat with fortunateval here

Or I don't believe u
Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by Jodesky(m): 4:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
onatisi:

SCAMMERS UNION fighting back.
Come and see an arrogant display of ignorance. So if I pay money into your account you still expect me to collect receipt before it is provable.
Sometimes, it is saner to keep quiet when issues beyond your intelligence are being discussed.

Shikena!

3 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by freeman67: 7:41pm On Mar 07, 2016
the money hasn't gone anywhere.. Even if he doesn't have e-integrity to come out and explain except he is dead or better still cut of his thumbs because he already used it for thumb print for his BVN so long as he lives you will get him. thank God for BVN all accounts with same finger prints can be traced that's incase he will want to abandon the account you used. If you av a friend or know anybody in any branch of the bank you paid the money for him, just explain everything to him or her quietly get his details and sneak up on him with law enforcement agents. he since he has a phone no and account no. and you have ur teller intact the EFCC and the DSS I'm sure will be willing to help u out. Your Deposit slip is your evidence.. your friend in Lagos is a witness..., this tread and his are also your evidence. thank God u no give am the money for hand.

1 Like

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by Coolcash1: 8:06pm On Mar 07, 2016
@OP, I am disappointed in you. Honestly, like others have said, you sold yourself out to the fraudulent FortuneVal or DoctorVal whatever he is called

This should be an eye opener for others who are about towing the gullible path of OP.

Please and please never send money to any car dealer or through a proxy without PHYSICAL INSPECTION AND PROPER CHECKING OF THE PAPERS BEFORE PAYMENT. Such that after payment you take possession of it immediately.

Also, those patronizing Coutonou car dealers on Nairaland, please be very very careful.

Its unfortunate what has happened to OP but I will advise you report the matter to a police station to get the theif and fraudster arrested to recover your money. *spits on all fraudster car dealers on Nairaland... Your days are numbered.

2 Likes

Re: My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal by tityboi: 8:56pm On Mar 07, 2016
anichizara:
do i have any hope in getting back my money

Lols ...an american will forever tell you they don't belief in miracles ...they have to see to belief it .

Africans are gullible due to poverty and lack of awareness ...we believe in things easily and this also applies to physical aspect and general issues .

Do not deal with any nigerian including your parent without physical evidence or contact.no absential deal. Learn and grow up.

All I can say is ,if you have a good friend in any bank you transfer the money to .they will flag his account .give his details and help you track him with the help of police aswell but you will have to spend to mobilize them .you've just been duped .it's nothing new.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Radio Unlock Code For Peugeot 406 / 2009 Model Toyota Corolla Le Toks & 2010 Model Toyota Corolla Le Toks / 2013 Model Toyota Avalon Limited Toks Good Deal Full Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.