Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State (34599 Views)

Buhari Declares Open Induction Course For New Career Ambassadors(Photos) / Fani-Kayode To Emir Sanusi "Shut Up" For Blaming Jonathan On Palestinian State / Nigeria's President Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by Ezenwammadu(m): 4:00pm On Feb 28, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has declared his total support for a two-state solution to the Israel- Palestine conflict.
The Nigerian President stated this during a meeting on Sunday with the Emir of Qatar, Tamim Bin Hammad Al-Thani, his spokesperson, Femi Adesina, said.
“I want to assure you that we will stand side by side with you, until our brothers and sisters in Palestine achieve their desired objectives,” he said.
“Our support for various Security Council resolutions restoring and respecting 1967 boundaries with Jerusalem as capital of Palestine is firm and unshaken.”
Mr. Buhari’s stance on the Israeli-Palestine conflict is similar with that of most countries of the world including the European Union, and Qatar is believed to be one of the major backers of Palestine including backing Hamas which governs Gaza. However Israel and the United States have repeatedly blocked any United Nations resolution mandating a two-state solution. The non-resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and lack of progress in resolving it is considered the greatest foreign policy failure of President Barack Obama of the U.S.
At the meeting in Qatar, the Nigerian President also declared as “totally unacceptable,” the huge drop in the price of crude which has seen international oil prices plummet from over $100 a barrel last year to about $30.
Read Mr. Adesina’s full statement below:
President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday in Doha emphasised the need for member states of the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries, OPEC, and non-OPEC members to cooperate and find a common ground to stabilise crude oil prices.
Speaking at a bilateral meeting with the Sheikh Tamim Bin Hammad Al-Thani, the Emir of the State of Qatar, President Buhari described the current market situation in the industry, which has seen oil prices plummet by 70 per cent since mid-2014, as “totally unacceptable.”
“As members of OPEC and Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF), our relations in the areas of oil and gas, which our two nations heavily rely on, need to be enhanced and coordinated for the benefit of our people.
“The current market situation in the oil industry is unsustainable and totally unacceptable.
“We must cooperate both within and outside our respective organisations to find a common ground to stabilize the market, which will be beneficial to our nations,’’ the President said on the second day of his state visit to Qatar.
The President used the occasion of his address to the Emir to commend the existing cordial bilateral relations between both countries and invited prospective Qatari investors to take advantage of the abundant opportunities in Nigeria and invest in the key areas of energy, agriculture, real estate development, banking and finance.
He assured prospective investors of government protection of their persons and investment, noting that in the course of his visit, the delegations from Nigeria and Qatar would formalise at least two bilateral agreements to boost economic cooperation between both countries.
President Buhari also weighed-in on the situation in the Middle East, commending the role Qatar is playing in resolving the present Syrian crisis, the Palestinian cause and efforts in reconstructing Gaza.
“The conflicts in Yemen and Syria with their attendant humanitarian crisis need genuine international effort to solve. Nigeria as a peace loving country identifies with the State of Qatar in all her peace efforts in the world to end terrorist activities.
“Nigeria is a victim of terrorism. It is with heavy heart that I stand before you and say activities of Boko Haram have led to loss of many lives and displacement of innocent people in our dear nation.
“We, however, take pride to inform you that since our coming to power, Boko Haram has been systematically decimated and are in no position to cause serious threat to our development programs.
“I wish to reiterate that Nigeria rejects violence and extremism in all their ramifications, and assure your Highness that we are with the State of Qatar in your efforts to fight terrorism and injustice in your region and in the world at large.”
President Buhari also called for a lasting solution to the Israeli – Palestinian conflict , saying “we in Nigeria, like the State of Qatar, favour a ‘Two State’ solution, with the State of Palestine living side by side with the State of Israel.
“I want to assure you that we will stand side by side with you, until our brothers and sisters in Palestine achieve their desired objectives.
“Our support for various Security Council resolutions restoring and respecting 1967 boundaries with Jerusalem as capital of Palestine is firm and unshaken,’’ he said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/199232-nigerias-president-buhari-declares-total-support-palestinian-state.html

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by Ezenwammadu(m): 4:01pm On Feb 28, 2016
Just replace Palestine with b..... and zombies will riot

Hopeless hypocrites

176 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by YourMrBoo: 4:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
Buhari is a hypocrite... Why not do same for....

That's all

159 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by PoliticalThuG(m): 4:03pm On Feb 28, 2016
Once a dullard:........

121 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by Ezenwammadu(m): 4:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
PoliticalThuG:
Once a dullard:........
Always and forever a dullard

172 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by Progressive01(m): 4:51pm On Feb 28, 2016
I know illiterate Ekpas who consume garbage from Fayose's rump, feeding exclusively on local crap churned out by our local papers aren't aware the countries that support a free palestinian state are far more than those that don't.

They'd come here and regurgitate their hate induced nonsense hoping to score some "likes" from their fellow scoundrels.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/11/07/map-the-countries-that-recognize-palestine-as-a-state/

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by Pidggin(f): 4:55pm On Feb 28, 2016
“I want to assure you that we will stand side by side with you, until our brothers and sisters in Palestine achieve their desired objectives,”

Nawao, I thought they say wisdom comes with age? Buhari receive sense!

147 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by dunkem21(m): 5:02pm On Feb 28, 2016

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by moufan: 5:05pm On Feb 28, 2016
I like this, GOD bless the president and may we all witness the birth and actualization of a sovereign and independent Palestine state. insha ALLAH

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by brightology3: 5:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
Am just woundering aloud wen buhari d dullard will ever recieve sense.Buhari is a goat, quote me anywhere

108 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by seacoast(m): 5:08pm On Feb 28, 2016
Hehehe.. Brothers and sisters =Religious fanatism... I wonder who are your enemies and foes... (Those with deep sense will understand)

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by austinsmat(m): 5:09pm On Feb 28, 2016
but in Nigeria some people are fighting the same cause since 1967 that lost more than 3million lives, can somebody tells this man that charity begins at home

189 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by Pontaboki: 5:10pm On Feb 28, 2016
What is Allah?
moufan:
I like this, GOD bless the president and may we all witness the birth and actualization of a sovereign and independent Palestine state. insha ALLAH

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by HisSexcellency(m): 5:12pm On Feb 28, 2016
austinsmat:
but in Nigeria some people are fighting the same cause since 1967 that lost more than 3million lives, can somebody tells this man that charity begins at home

I just dey obverve first

Enya sang "Only time"

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by Pontaboki: 5:12pm On Feb 28, 2016
I bet you you near Gaza Strip you will come back in body Bag
moufan:

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by skyman200(m): 5:25pm On Feb 28, 2016
All i have to say is nawaooo

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by skyman200(m): 5:25pm On Feb 28, 2016
All i have to say is nawaooo for buhari

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by chernest2002: 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
Buhari have just condemned himself by supporting outside what he refused to give a second thought at home.

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by vedaxcool(m): 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
His position is held by all countries in the world including the US and Israel. Here are a collection of us govt statement supporting a 2 state solution

http://www.americantaskforce.org/us_government_statements_emphasizing_support_twostate_solution

The useless beerfraud fools are not even considered a worthy issue to be discussed by any country. I see ipork are murmuring gibberish as usual. Awon ode.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by yaki84: 5:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pidggin:
“I want to assure you that we will stand side by side with you, until our brothers and sisters in Palestine achieve their desired objectives,”

like d old wine thing?
hmm dis one na old n expired wine in a repackaged champagne bottle.
so pathetic

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by Meiji(m): 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
vedaxcool:
His position is held by all countries in the world including the US and Israel.

The useless beerfraud fools are not even considered a worthy issue to be discussed by any country. I see ipork are murmuring gibberish as usual. Awon ode.

Not that I have anything against Palestinian independence but you need to refrain from misinforming the public. How can US and Israel support Palestinian statehood?

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by dridowu: 5:45pm On Feb 28, 2016
Sweden announced that it will recognize the state of Palestine, becoming the first member of the European Union to do so. Stefan Lofven became the prime minister of a new center-left government this month and used his inaugural address to parliament to say that a “two-state solution requires mutual recognition and a will to peaceful co-existence. Sweden will therefore recognize the state of Palestine.”
Currently, more than 130 countries officially recognize Palestine:

http://qz.com/276164/all-the-countries-including-sweden-that-now-recognize-palestinian-statehood/

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 5:46pm On Feb 28, 2016
Jerusalem can never be a divided city.

I support two state solution with capital of Palestine in Ramala.

In 1948, Jerusalem was declared an international city upon the creation of Israel. When Israel captured Jerusalem in 1968 and afterward declared Jerusalem (West) as it's capital, the world rejected it on the premise that it is an international city hence Jerusalem (East) can never be the capital of an independent Palestine.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by Nomswag: 6:05pm On Feb 28, 2016
Pidggin:

amen

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by doctokwus: 6:10pm On Feb 28, 2016
vedaxcool:
His position is held by all countries in the world including the US and Israel.

O,why did u give them that info.U wud have waited for Fayose to issue his usual brainless remarks while allowing the usual suspects to write their normal senseless posts here.
U have spoiled the fun this thread wud have generated.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by mcee1(m): 6:23pm On Feb 28, 2016
God bless mr president
God bless Nigeria.
Wailers/ipob touts can wail for all we care.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by amunkita(m): 6:46pm On Feb 28, 2016
He supports Palestine state but detest Biafran State....

Not surprised it's coming from a Dullard..

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by Hysmady(m): 6:52pm On Feb 28, 2016
Thats quite good!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 28, 2016
JEWS ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State by ednut1(m): 6:52pm On Feb 28, 2016
Africans sha. Pple wey no care about u. Smh

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo Barred Guests From Taking Photos At The Wedding Of His Daughter To Seun / Commissioning Of 4 Nigerian Navy Warships By President Jonathan / Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.