Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here (16505 Views)

NYSC Batch A Stream II Lets Meet Here. / Niger Batch A16 Let's Meet Here. / Lagos A16 Stream 1 Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by tobbie247(m): 10:03pm On Mar 26, 2016
nathoneal:

As we wait in anticipation... Let's keep in mind the essence of NYSC

#Service&Humility

I'm going to Akwa Ibom to eat and learn how to cook. grin

1 Like

Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by idirect(m): 7:55am On Mar 27, 2016
Elebiju:
Yes, the camp is relatively new with regular maintenance, there is constant power (5am-10pm) and water supply, speakers are scattered everywhere for OBS and not for grooving. You will grove as you like at the mammy market because "our own mother" Lady Ngozi Chukwuka the state coordinator is a disciplinarian and she doesn't allows grooving on the pavilion, forget camp fire and endurance trek she may scrap it cos she cares for corp members like her own children, no soldier nonsense there and they blow the beagle at exactly 5am.
The hostels are not your rooms so be prepared for anything and try any means to avoid Jonathan hostel and humility hostel formerly known as ecomog hostel cos they are built like warehouses and they can accommodate over 400 PCM per hostel.if you struggle for early registration then you will surely make it into these two hostels but if you delay your registration like we did then you will find yourself in the more comfortable hostels like akpabio and the other ones. infact we met like you guys on Nairaland and we booked 2 God is Good buses at iyana ipaja straight to camp, kudos to Corper Seun. we delayed our registration in camp so we could share a room in akpabio hostel and it was fun.
All what this dude said is 100% true, I happened to share the same room and hostel with him in the camp. With what have heard from peeps who camped in other state, I can say Akwa Ibom camp is among the best five camp in Nigeria. If you have any question about the camp,posting and after camp you can ask me if and I will answer the ones I know about.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 27, 2016
Plz has anyone gone for batch A stream 1 anywhere?
Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by ifeanyija(m): 2:43pm On Mar 27, 2016
Wininiel:
in ghana
Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by tobbie247(m): 3:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
idirect:

All what this dude said is 100% true, I happened to share the same room and hostel with him in the camp. With what have heard from peeps who camped in other state, I can say Akwa Ibom camp is among the best five camp in Nigeria. If you have any question about the camp,posting and after camp you can ask me if and I will answer the ones I know about.

Thats great. I have plenty questions oh.

What's the average take home pay if you serve in Akwa Ibom? I mean allowee plus extras

Is it easy to get accomodation as a corper?

What about food? I like food and I must add about 15kg before leaving grin

How about the girls? Are they fine and friendly?
Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by kokaiye: 1:57pm On Mar 28, 2016
Hi cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by tobbie247(m): 2:06pm On Mar 28, 2016
kokaiye:
Hi cheesy

Hello cheesy
Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
Wininiel:

Hello wininiel

The NYSC Batch A16 (service year) will start with Camp Orientation programme (STREAM 1) 27th of APRIL 2016

To answer your question, No one has gone smiley

Are you a PCM too?
Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by tobbie247(m): 3:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
Nobody answered my questions. cry
Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 28, 2016
tobbie247:
Nobody answered my questions. cry

Wait patiently for current serving Corp members to answer that ...

I have seen their comments on this thread...

Cc
idirect
ifeanyija
fotojenik

1 Like

Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by ifeanyija(m): 5:18pm On Mar 28, 2016
tobbie247:

What's the average take home pay if you serve in Akwa Ibom? I mean allowee plus extras

Which one is allawee plus extra? state pays 10k for 11months. if u need extra u can do business. accommodation is easy, food and girl? I cant answer that.
how are u sure u will get akwaibom?

1 Like

Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by tobbie247(m): 5:30pm On Mar 28, 2016
ifeanyija:
Which one is allawee plus extra? state pays 10k for 11months. if u need extra u can do business. accommodation is easy, food and girl? I cant answer that.
how are u sure u will get akwaibom?

By extra, I mean will you get paid at your PPA asides government and state pay?

I'm sure I'll get Akwa Ibom. I already saw my call up letter before they claimed we weren't supposed to see it yet and when they reshuffled, my call up number didn't change.
Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by ifeanyija(m): 5:43pm On Mar 28, 2016
tobbie247:

By extra, I mean will you get paid at your PPA asides government and state pay?

I'm sure I'll get Akwa Ibom. I already saw my call up letter before they claimed we weren't supposed to see it yet and when they reshuffled, my call up number didn't change.
Don't be too sure of getting akwaibom. its nt all abt changing callup number. state payment is ur ppa payment cos u re working for the state. if u re in private firm state will not pay u just ur ppa. so Notin like ppa payment wen u re with state govt, only in private firms and u won't get state payment.

1 Like

Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by tobbie247(m): 6:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
ifeanyija:
Don't be too sure of getting akwaibom. its nt all abt changing callup number. state payment is ur ppa payment cos u re working for the state. if u re in private firm state will not pay u just ur ppa. so Notin like ppa payment wen u re with state govt, only in private firms and u won't get state payment.

Well, all I'll say is see you in Akwa Ibom grin cheesy

Thanks a lot for the info grin
Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by idirect(m): 1:25pm On Mar 29, 2016
tobbie247:

I'm a Batch B not A, only batch A can tell you how much they have been able to save so far. All I know is the state is paying 9800 as state allawee per month
Accommodation depends on where you're posted ooo. hardly will you see any ppa that will give you an accommodation in places like Uyo,eket and ikot ekpene and accommodation is very expensive in those places most especially in Uyo. But if you have money you will get a good one.
I'm really enjoying their local food and am sure you will like it too. As for Ibom girls, I reserve my comment.lols

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by tobbie247(m): 2:28pm On Mar 29, 2016
idirect:

Accommodation depends on where you're posted ooo. hardly will you see any ppa that will give you an accommodation in places like Uyo,eket and ikot ekpene and accommodation is very expensive in those places most especially in Uyo. But if you have money you will get a good one.
I'm really enjoying their local food and am sure you will like it too. As for Ibom girls, I reserve my comment.lols

Like how much will get me good accomodation in those places?

I'm glad you're enjoying the local food. I can't wait to try them all, let alone start to cook them myself.

Yes! The girls! DO NOT RESERVE YOUR COMMENT ON THIS! grin

How has your experience been with them?
Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by ifeanyija(m): 7:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
tobbie247:

Like how much will get me good accomodation in those places?

I'm glad you're enjoying the local food. I can't wait to try them all, let alone start to cook them myself.

Yes! The girls! DO NOT RESERVE YOUR COMMENT ON THIS! grin

How has your experience been with them?
abeg take it easy.
Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by tobbie247(m): 7:49pm On Mar 29, 2016
ifeanyija:
abeg take it easy.

That didn't sound good.
Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by ifeanyija(m): 11:12pm On Mar 29, 2016
tobbie247:

That didn't sound good.
I mean about akwaibom girls

1 Like

Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by tobbie247(m): 1:05am On Mar 30, 2016
ifeanyija:
I mean about akwaibom girls

Trust me, I can't do anything. cheesy
Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by bamlams(m): 10:07am On Mar 30, 2016
Bamisi Olamide University of Nigeria Goegraphy
Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 30, 2016
bamlams:

Bamisi Olamide
University of Nigeria
Goegraphy

Welcome bamlams

I have been expecting you grin

1 Like

Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 30, 2016

[size=14pt]8 things You must do before you conclude your NYSC service year[/size]

Job hunting could be an uphill task for most fresh graduates considering the fact that it is a game of the survival of the fittest.Below are a list of 8 things you must get done while serving your nation to be better positioned for the job hunt especially in the private sector.

1.DECIDE ON THE KIND OF JOB YOU WANT:
The first thing you must do is to take a decision on the kind of job you want.You can even stream line it down to the list of companies you would want to
work for, that way you know what you are preparing for and how to go about it. It amuses me
when job hunters come to my office and I ask them what kind of job do you want and they go like “oga, any job”. Any job is no job dude, take a decision today because it will determine a whole lot of things in your preparation.

2.RESEARCH: Carry out a research on the company(ies) you would like to work with. It baffles me how people submit their CVs to companies they know little or nothing about. A little research will do you some good. Get to know a
thing or two about their history,
the people, their organizational culture, their vision and their mission statement.

3.PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION: Acquire at least one professional certification. This is why you
should decide first on the choice of career/job you want as it will help you decide on which professional course to go for. Don’t be a party to the band wagon mentality that is prevalent
among corps members. Everybody is going for project management, therefore must you
too go for project management? Everybody in your lodge is enrolling for NIM, so you too must enroll for NIM. That is not true. Get to find out the professional certification that best suits
your dream job. All you may just need is a course on safety or data
base management. Trust me!

4.SKILL ACQUSITION: Please learn a new skill. Get your hands on something, so when they ask you,
what can you do? You can provide a definite answer, instead of just telling them what you studied. What you studied and what you can do are two distinct things altogether. This is very important especially for my friends with a background in
social sciences. A good skill
acquired could also be handy pending when the dream job comes. 5.CHANGE YOUR WARDROBE: Dude please dress like your dream job. Starting building a professional
wardrobe from that small alawee. It’s not the time to spend your money on another dirty jean, combat pants, or what have you. Get yourself a cutting edge professional suit (don’t bank on your convocation suit to do the job). It doesn’t cost much. For guys, invest on good ties,
cufflinks, shoe, shirts, and a good brief case or bag and stop carrying your cv in that big brown envelope, some directors can sight you from their office and tell the security or secretary “don’t let that guy in, he is looking for a job.

6.WORK ON YOUR WEB IMAGE: Image is everything.
Shun those clichés’ or fat lies on our CV, if I go through your Facebook timeline or twitter handle , I will tell the kind of person you are ( I just shared a little secret of what some employers now do, work on it and thank me later).
If your Facebook timeline and profile is not decent, work on it or get a new one before you start job hunting. Follow the company you would like to work for on twitter, like their page on Facebook. Build a professional online presence .Get a good e-mail ID (Do away with the
xyz4love@yahoo.com craze and the likes of it.). a good professional ID comprises of your
name and your surname
e.g. adewalejohnson@yahoo.com.

7.IMPROVE YOUR NETWORK: The job you are looking for dey some people hand, Hello! Start building
your contact list, invest in
strategic relationships while you are still serving.
Join associations, clubs, and forums. Ladies you can
join Women in Management and Business (WimBiz), the biggest association for women professionals in West Africa. You can enroll for their mentee program as a young female graduate. Trust me, you don’t need to know the caliber of women you meet in such an association. One good contact
is worth more than a hundred CV submitted at random. Build new, better, and strategic relationships.

8.GET A MENTOR: Identify someone who has distinguished him or herself in the career you desire to pursue. A good mentor can carry you along, just make sure the person is accessible. Don’t go telling me that Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is your mentor, when you two don’t communicate. She can
be your role model, but obviously
not your mentor. Identify someone that can create time for you and probably entrust you with responsibilities, even if you don’t get paid. I hope you find it useful

Source http://www.viviangist.com/8-things-you-must-do-before-concluding-your-nysc-programme

Cc
Pumpkin34
Loveablechi
skinnybleed
Bumski10
chukwuzitelu
bidexolumanish
Mirabillics11
femiti
blairbrook
Omobolaji20
Iggyok
samuelson06
nely
tjmc
Omobolaji20
tobbie247
Wininiel
kokaiye
bamlams
FleetRider

1 Like

Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by Santiago5(m): 3:02pm On Mar 30, 2016
2016 budget is yet to be signed by Nigerian president. That is to say April 27th is not a guaranteed date for service . Akwa ibom my calling......... I will see u guys there

1 Like

Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by 2el(m): 3:35pm On Mar 31, 2016
I'm serving in Akwa ibom close to camp @ Ikot itie Udung, Nsit Atai, don't hesitate to mention me regarding programs in orientation camp.

1 Like

Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by tobbie247(m): 6:59pm On Mar 31, 2016
2el:
I'm serving in Akwa ibom close to camp @ Ikot itie Udung, Nsit Atai, don't hesitate to mention me regarding programs in orientation camp.

Thanks alot
Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by FleetRider(m): 4:21pm On Apr 01, 2016
Sammy

The Federal University Of Technology, Akure

Mechanical Engineering.

Glad to be here.

1 Like

Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 02, 2016
Santiago5:
2016 budget is yet to be signed by Nigerian president. That is to say April 27th is not a guaranteed date for service . Akwa ibom my calling......... I will see u guys there

Let's keep a positive mindset and hope there will be no more SHIFT of date.

The responsibilities of NYSC will be reduced after the APRIL 14 POP of Batch A15, I believe.
Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 02, 2016
FleetRider:
Sammy

The Federal University Of Technology, Akure

Mechanical Engineering.

Glad to be here.

Welcome engineer Fleet rider .... from Great FUTA grin

1 Like

Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 02, 2016
tobbie247:

I'm going to Akwa Ibom to eat and learn how to cook. grin

Hahaha... that's cool grin

That's one of the essence of the NYSC prog, to learn the culture of states other than yours...

And I believe AKS is the home of good food, corp members serving so attest to that.

As for the eating mission, do what ever rocks your boat bro but keep in mind that Everything in excess is opposed to Nature wink

1 Like

Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
2el:

Welcome bro..

I'll like to know the skills and vocational training available to learn while in camp...

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here by 2el(m): 10:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
nathoneal:

Welcome bro..

I'll like to know the skills and vocational training available to learn while in camp...

Thanks

many from cosmetology Catering agric and d rest...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2016 NYSC Batch A (stream II) Orientation To Commence Next Week / Senate Rejects Bill To Include Skirts In NYSC Uniform / A thread for corpers posted to Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.