Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,212 members, 7,780,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:27 PM

Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit (52857 Views)

GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC / Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help Gtb Excessive Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Timileyin(m): 4:45am On Feb 29, 2016
I made an online payment with my ATM to via my master card, and I was charged at the rate of 199usd to a naira and I felt it was the rate for the day cause there is no. Unofficial way in which they relate the charges to us. I made a transaction worth 500usd and now 24hours later my account is on debit, they keep removing my money and my accounts is suspended. They should relate this to us . Nigerian banks are really stupid

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by nenergy(m): 4:53am On Feb 29, 2016
Dear valued customer, have you called your bank customer care? You should only come online when they've made no attempt to resolve or "explain" the issue. Have a nice day!

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by dailydolla4u(m): 5:02am On Feb 29, 2016
Are you sure tha GTB of all bank will charge you 199 per $ ? Not even StandbicIBTC can you see 200 for $1 for online shopping! Anyways more info about it, or demand for reason of your account entering minus or details of your transactions, they will funish u with it. Morning .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Timileyin(m): 6:24am On Feb 29, 2016
They cleared my account and tired it to negative balance... fP pls we need to let this people knw that we are not fools.... Help I don die now it's -77,000 what is wrong with them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by ZN2: 7:51am On Feb 29, 2016
Hide your account number on that screenshot. You're exposing yourself there.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by BoiledHead(m): 9:40am On Feb 29, 2016
Lol

Did you guys really think gtb won't take the money back? I knew it was a system error.

11 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by otitokoroleti: 10:04am On Feb 29, 2016
Timileyin:
They cleared my account and tired it to negative balance... fP pls we need to let this people knw that we are not fools
lalasticlala, is dis thread fp worthy? if yes, make una carry am enter fp

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by holuphisayor(m): 10:07am On Feb 29, 2016
otitokoroleti:
lalasticlala, is dis thread fp worthy? if yes, make una carry am enter fp
Not worthy, the dude is paying for his sin. grin

3 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by otitokoroleti: 10:19am On Feb 29, 2016
holuphisayor:

Not worthy, the dude is paying for his sin. grin
lmafo, i laughed at those of them rejoicing then that gtb charged 199/$1 cos i know they've obtained collateral free soft loan

12 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by otitokoroleti: 10:21am On Feb 29, 2016
FINALLY ON FP
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Timileyin(m): 11:25am On Feb 29, 2016
I heard 30k in that account but now negative.... Help now it's -77k in my salary account

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by dagr8(m): 11:28am On Feb 29, 2016
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by toluxa1(m): 11:34am On Feb 29, 2016
This was a deliberate deceit and ploy by GTB to steal from their customers. After a steep decline in people using their card, they deliberately targeted a weekend to make this stunt, knowing that full deduction will not be made till the next business day and by then word will spread and more people will use their cards. I have a recording of the call I put through to GTBank customer care and the lady said their current rate is 199. We should not let this go! About two of my friends in the UK made ATM withdrawals at $278/£, this morning they have cleared their accounts too.

Cc lalasticlala

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 29, 2016
Your salary account? See gbege oo

2 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by otitokoroleti: 11:35am On Feb 29, 2016
Timileyin:
I heard 30k in that account but now negative.... Help now it's -77k in my salary account
go to your bank, no bank dare messed up with me tho
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by stagger: 11:40am On Feb 29, 2016
OP,

You were simply trying to be smart. You know what Nigerian banks have been charging since this whole Naira fall of a thing started. No bank has charged anything below N290 to $1. Somebody even issued a warning about this is another thread and said that the bank may later come back to withdraw the excess.

It is unfortunate you are now a victim. Get ready to pay the excess X $500. Just pray the Naira does not slide more by the time the transaction is fully settled.

7 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Infinitikoncept(m): 12:02pm On Feb 29, 2016
stagger:
OP,

You were simply trying to be smart. You know what Nigerian banks have been charging since this whole Naira fall of a thing started. No bank has charged anything below N290 to $1. Somebody even issued a warning about this is another thread and said that the bank may later come back to withdraw the excess.

It is unfortunate you are now a victim. Get ready to pay the excess X $500. Just pray the Naira does not slide more by the time the transaction is fully settled.
What's playing smart in this scenario? Banks changing rate from #220 to #300 without informing you or getting permission is acceptable but when they reduce their rate to #199 its called playing smart in your dictionary

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Infinitikoncept(m): 12:02pm On Feb 29, 2016
Let's all say NO TO DAYLIGHT ROBBERY by Nigerian banks

9 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by emmyw(m): 12:16pm On Feb 29, 2016
hmmm
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by andymofia(m): 12:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
same thing happened to me. I wrote to CBN Consumer Protection Department

3 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by chimah3(m): 12:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
BUHARI!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by blazetitov: 12:18pm On Feb 29, 2016
So you think GTB will give you USD at official rate when they are not CBN? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 29, 2016
Nigeria banks now loom in the kakisbambam of a kleptocratic society. How can one be dismallic frauded, in a broad shining sunny day?
Its evident that we are now in a gigantic loomy lommy of the baddy waves of corrupt oceanic gaze. Only prayers can salvage this gegeistic situation of dismay.

Anyways.....

DrabeeyWasHere

11 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by ifyalways(f): 12:19pm On Feb 29, 2016
Gbese chargeback. cheesy

I always call my banks to compare quotes before making online payments. Last week,the best rate I got for GBP-NGN transaction was 385 for gtb. I didnt do that transaction. This morning the best rate I have gotten thus far is 417,same GTB.

Keeping fingers crossed and monitoring this change.

Pele OP. Nothing you can do but to pay back but now in bits and at your own pace.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by lightheart(m): 12:19pm On Feb 29, 2016
dailydolla4u:
Are you sure tha GTB of all bank will charge you 199 per $ ? Not even StandbicIBTC can you see 200 for $1 for online shopping! Anyways more info about it, or demand for reason of your account entering minus or details of your transactions, they will funish u with it. Morning .

At the bolded, I was surprised too when they charged me N199 to a dollar on a transaction I did over the weekend.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Ayoswit(f): 12:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
K

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Sasuwa(f): 12:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
Call 911

2 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by gunuvi(m): 12:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
Go and blâme gej---lai Mohamed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by JAZES(m): 12:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
A class action should bring gt bank to his senses, useless bank

4 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Brytawon(m): 12:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
How on earth can a Retired General buy Okada for the Army to fight insurgencies in this 21st Century? #WhereIsTheChange

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
Sorry OP.
Reason why i call GTB cuatomer care for their official rate for the day, i record the call, before proceeding with my transaction. BTW GTB has the highest $ to # exchange rate in naija. That #200 to $1 no possible at all. Mayb you should explain more to us.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Femi Otedola And Lil Kesh Do The "Shaku Shaku" Dance At Fatima Dangote's Wedding / Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria / Nine Nigerian Banks Make Top 1000 Global Banks List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.