Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,220 members, 7,780,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:50 PM

All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards (18945 Views)

African Movie Academy Awards 2017 (Live Thread) / Find Out The Most Talented Movie Actors Ever According To Academy Awards (pics) / Full List Of Winners At The 2016 AMAA, Africa Movie Academy Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:50am On Feb 29, 2016
Best Picture
Spotlight

Directing
Alejandro G. Iñárritu

Actress in a Leading Role
Brie Larson, Room

Actor in a Leading Role
Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant

Original Screenplay
Spotlight, Josh Singer and Tom McCarthy

Adapted Screenplay
The Big Short, Charles Randolph and Adam McKay

Actress in a Supporting Role
Alicia Vikander, The Danish Girl

Costume Design
Mad Max: Fury Road, Jenny Beavan

Achievement in Production Design
Mad Max: Fury Road, Production Design: Colin Gibson; Set Decoration: Lisa Thompson

Makeup and Hair Design
Mad Max: Fury Road, Lesley Vanderwalt, Elka Wardega and Damian Martin

Cinematography
The Revenant, Emmanuel Lubezki

Film Editing
Mad Max: Fury Road, Margaret Sixel

Sound Editing
Mad Max: Fury Road, Mark Mangini and David White

Sound Mixing
Mad Max: Fury Road, Chris Jenkins, Gregg Rudloff and Ben Osmo

Visual Effects
Ex Machina, Andrew Whitehurst, Paul Norris, Mark Ardington and Sara Bennett

Animated Short Film
Bear Story, Gabriel Osorio and Pato Escala

Animated Feature Film
Inside Out, Pete Docter and Jonas Rivera

Actor in a Supporting Role
Mark Rylance, Bridge of Spies

Documentary Short
A Girl in the River: The Price of Forgiveness, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy

Documentary Feature
Amy, Asif Kapadia and James Gay-Rees

Live Action Short Film
Stutterer, Benjamin Cleary and Serena Armitage

Foreign Language Film
Son of Saul (Hungary)

Original Score
The Hateful Eight, Ennio Morricone

Original Song
"Writing on the Wall" (Spectre), Sam Smith and Jimmy Napes

Source: www.vox.com/2016/2/28/11130804/oscar-winners-2016-list

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:53am On Feb 29, 2016
Personally, I'm so happy Leo won for the first time. I'm also excited Inside Out won for best animated feature and Ennio Morricone won for best original score.

10 Likes

Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by Henrodah(m): 8:00am On Feb 29, 2016
Am happy Leo won best actor, but I saw 'The Danish Girl' yesterday and gaskiya Eddie Redmayne is not an Ordinary actor...Happy For Ennio Morricone too and Bridge Of Spies lovable bad guy Mark Rylance.

5 Likes

Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by OgidiOlu3(m): 8:16am On Feb 29, 2016
Henrodah:
Am happy Leo won best actor, but I saw 'The Danish Girl' yesterday and gaskiya Eddie Redmayne is not an Ordinary actor...Happy For Ennio Morricone too and Bridge Of Spies lovable bad guy Mark Rylance.
That Eddie Redmayne guy is gifted walahi. I feared for Leo initially cause I thought Eddie was gonna win. Thank God he won at last sha.

2 Likes

Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by UjSizzle(f): 9:51am On Feb 29, 2016
FINALLY!!! cheesy

Lalasticlala Dominique !!
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by Csami(m): 10:42am On Feb 29, 2016
Wasn't expecting Leo to win but anyway good for him.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 29, 2016
Leonardo DiCaprio was the man of the Oscars with Twitter having 500 tweets per minute after his first overdue Oscar win.

He had to sleep in a Horse and eat raw Liver before the Oscar team decided he deserves one.

Meanwhile, I knew Mad Max: Fury Road was going to sweep Oscars. One clown was Telling me Mad Max wasn't all that and I made him waste 1500 in the cinema.

The Oscars think differently.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by pendusky(m): 6:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
This Leonardo is just outstanding cheesy

3 Likes

Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by loomer: 6:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
OgidiOlu3:
Personally, I'm so happy Leo won for the first time. I'm also excited Inside Out won for best animated feature and Ennio Morricone won for best original score.

Men!!!! That inside out, my lil niece no dey let us hear word, sote we had to even buy the toy for her join

1 Like

Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by RaeMystix: 6:18pm On Feb 29, 2016
I'm happy for Leo.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by bedspread: 6:19pm On Feb 29, 2016
WHAT DO I WITH THE LIST?

HOW DOES IT ADD TO MY GROWTH PHYSICALLY, SPIRITUALLY AND OTHERWISE??

2 Likes

Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by mrvitalis(m): 6:19pm On Feb 29, 2016
Yes
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by adexsimply(m): 6:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
I came to check Leonardo Di Carprio, his performance(on and off screen) in "The Revenant" was just great, plus this award has eluded him for far too long.

Brie Larson? kiss kiss I've loved her right from "The Gambler"! The facial expression? The carriage? I love kiss kiss

Mad Max- Fury Road? Great VFX. Unfortunately that's where it ends for me.

Ex Machina? I've never gotten the courage to open it since I got it in October( The cover perhaps?)

The hateful Eight? Quentin Tarantino has never disappointed me cool

2 Likes

Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by Vivly(f): 6:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
Contgrats Leonardo.
It was much deserved after a long wait.
Now you've got one Oscar than me.

2 Likes

Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
Leo just joined illuminati if not noting he for get
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
loomer:

Men!!!! That inside out, my lil niece no dey let us hear word, sote we had to even buy the toy for her join
Baba, Inside Out is one of my best animated films ever. People dey think abeg.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by diasporaman(m): 6:21pm On Feb 29, 2016
Satan would be happy seeing the end time list
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by ChappyChase: 6:21pm On Feb 29, 2016
Leo and mad max made my day!
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
Wow! Eddie redmayne what happened nah! Oh no!
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by Vivly(f): 6:23pm On Feb 29, 2016
Tom hardy is the next Oscarless Leo Di carprio .

2 Likes

Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by YunusObaje: 6:23pm On Feb 29, 2016
credible enough
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by 4C2215131: 6:24pm On Feb 29, 2016
At last my man DiCaprio cops an Oscar. It's been a long time coming!
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by sirdavemar: 6:24pm On Feb 29, 2016
so how does this the anti corruption war
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by loomer: 6:24pm On Feb 29, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

Baba, Inside Out is one of my best animated films ever. People dey think abeg.

U no go believe say I never watch am. But the excitement wey I dey see for my 2year old niece face wen she dey watch am dey sweet my belle.

Who's the friend who likes to play binbabinba. Me no kuku know wetin the mumu toy dey talk. But she loves it
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by nbright: 6:26pm On Feb 29, 2016
cool
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by ChappyChase: 6:26pm On Feb 29, 2016
Henrodah:
I don't just like Eddie, he's got this baby face but with a bad heart and Jupiter ascending just vindicated me!
Abeg why leo no wan marry sarah?
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by searchcorp(m): 6:27pm On Feb 29, 2016
I can't believe I slept off watching it yesterday. Very unlike me.

I'm so so happy Leonardo, he deserves it. I believe this is the beginning of many more awards for him.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by happney65: 6:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
If i have a Son,I will name him leonardo..This is what we call perseverance..To those that boycotted it claiming lack of Diversity,Shame on all of una..
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by cornel994(m): 6:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
IamMissMarvel:
Leonardo DiCaprio was the man of the Oscars with Twitter having 500 tweets per minute after his first overdue Oscar win.

He had to sleep in a Horse and eat raw Liver before the Oscar team decided he deserves one.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by nbright: 6:29pm On Feb 29, 2016
OgidiOlu3:
Also happy for Leo and Inside Out, but most of all, I'm happy bridge of spies won an award
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by meforyou1(m): 6:29pm On Feb 29, 2016
All white Oscar. I'm only happy for Leo Di Caprio. Still wonder why he didn't award for that captivating film "Titanic"

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Married Again (punar Vivah) / David McCallum: NCIS And The Man From U.N.C.L.E Actor Dies Aged 90 / BBNaija: Adekunle Wins Head Of House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.