Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,069 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:24 AM

All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards (18949 Views)

African Movie Academy Awards 2017 (Live Thread) / Find Out The Most Talented Movie Actors Ever According To Academy Awards (pics) / Full List Of Winners At The 2016 AMAA, Africa Movie Academy Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by maasoap(m): 9:16pm On Feb 29, 2016
IamMissMarvel:
Leonardo DiCaprio was the man of the Oscars with Twitter having 500 tweets per minute after his first overdue Oscar win.

He had to sleep in a Horse and eat raw Liver before the Oscar team decided he deserves one.

Meanwhile, I knew Mad Max: Fury Road was going to sweep Oscars. One clown was Telling me Mad Max wasn't all that and I made him waste 1500 in the cinema.

The Oscars think differently.
Fury Road is action packed. Watched it twice, still going to watch it again.
Many people don't know that Fury Road is part 4, Mad Max gets part 1, 2,and 3.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by SirShymexx: 9:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
Gathering of racist fvckers and brainwashed coons who celebrate their nonsense .

Chris Rock killed it. The smartest and most intelligent comedian of the post-Chapelle era. Only unemployed folks call for boycott especially when the woman who initiate the move cos of her husband that has always been a semi-coon did so cos of selfish reasons. I respect Jada but in as much as I admire Will Smith, he has never been down with the struggle lol.

Stacey Dash just made a fool of herself - the biggest coon since Uncle Tom's chronicles. Who added that prick to the show? She has always been a Z-list actress and if not for Dame Dash, no one cares about her trifling arse.

And fvck Leonardo DiCaprio's honkey arse as well. You know darn well you were not the best actor last year. Stop it, white boy.

Cc: sukkot
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by SirShymexx: 9:27pm On Feb 29, 2016
cupidhero:
All those saying straight outta compton deserve an award are not serious. It shouldn't even make top 15 hip hop movie list.

No one said it deserves an award. But it deserves recognition for breaking the records it did. If it had been a movie about crazed white rock stars who are junkies (like all of them are) and all the profanities and devilish crap they sing about - they'd get recognition.

If you can nominate the three white scriptwriters in the movie - just give one black person a shoutout, not to look effed up cos it's a black movie. Same thing they did with "Creed" as well. Michael B Jordan didn't get any recognition, but the white guy, Stallone did.

It's nothing. Coons will always be coons. And real black folks will always see through their nonsense.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by sukkot: 9:33pm On Feb 29, 2016
SirShymexx:
Gathering of racist fvckers and brainwashed coons who celebrate their nonsense .

Chris Rock killed it. The smartest and most intelligent comedian of the post-Chapelle era. Only unemployed folks call for boycott especially when the woman who initiate the move cos of her husband that has always been a semi-coon did so cos of selfish reasons. I respect Jada but in as much as I admire Will Smith, he has never been down with the struggle lol.

Stacey Dash just made a fool of herself - the biggest coon since Uncle Tom's chronicles. Who added that prick to the show? She has always been a Z-list actress and if not for Dame Dash, no one cares about her trifling arse.

And fvck Leonardo DiCaprio's honkey arse as well. You know darn well you were not the best actor last year. Stop it, white boy.

i do not involve myself in white people matters lmao. the oscars is for whites. yall niggaz should create your own oscars and call it negroscars tongue grin grin
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by OgidiOlu3(m): 9:38pm On Feb 29, 2016
loomer:

I just dey enter house she carry remote give me make I put am for her
E be like say your niece na the number 1 fan o cheesy
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 29, 2016
SirShymexx:

No one said it deserves an award. But it deserves recognition for breaking the records it did. If it had been a movie about crazed white rock stars who are junkies (like all of them are) and all the profanities and devilish crap they sing about - they'd get recognition.

If you can nominate the three white scriptwriters in the movie - just give one black person a shoutout, not to look effed up cos it's a black movie. Same thing they did with "Creed" as well. Michael B Jordan didn't get any recognition, but the white guy, Stallone did.

It's nothing. Coons will always be coons. And real black folks will always see through their nonsense.
Exactly, White people awards.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by kingsilly(m): 9:50pm On Feb 29, 2016
cupidhero:

I love the sadness character...her voice and some of her lines sound so crazy and funny.

Sadness: It's long term memory... you'll get lost in there.
Joy: [calling over her shoulder] C'mon! Think positive!
Sadness: Okay...
[pause]
Sadness: I'm positive that you'll get lost in there!

Make sense animation, immediately after that Twas like

JOY: Which way? Left?

Sadness:: Right, No I mean, go left, I said left was right. Like "correct"

I laughed seriously there
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by SirShymexx: 9:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
sukkot:
i do not involve myself in white people matters lmao. the oscars is for whites. yall niggaz should create your own oscars and call it negroscars tongue grin grin

Loool. I understand and I don't let award shows dictate what's the best to me. Just as I'll never let a white person's review of a black movie/music to dictate to me. However, you need to understand we live in the era of western civilisation a la white domination. That's the consciousness and to be judged the best in the public (majority and big machine that controls the thought process of the majority) eye - you'll always need recognition from white folks. Malcolm X vs MLK. So you've to understand why these folks feel the way they do and as a black person, I understand them.

If you don't want them at ya award shows - just black them out completely and let's know it's segregation. However, when you start giving recognition only when they are slaves, maids, sambos, coons, and criminals. But black them out when it's something positive and uplifting - it is problematic and it has a subconscious way of fostering certain stereotypes.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by sukkot: 9:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
SirShymexx:

Loool. I understand and I don't let award shows dictate what's the best to me. Just as I'll never read a white person's review of a black movie/music to dictate to me. However, you need to understand we live in the era of western civilisation a la white domination. That's the consciousness and to be judged the best in the public (majority and big machine that controls the thought process of the majority) eye - you'll always need recognition from white folks . Malcolm X vs MLK. So you've to understand why these folks feel the way they do and as a black person, I understand them.

If you don't want them at ya award shows - just black them out completely and let's know it's segregation. However, when you start giving recognition only when they are slaves, maids, sambos, coons, and criminals. But black them out when it's something positive and uplifting - it is problematic and it has a subconscious way of fostering certain stereotypes.
that only applies to insecure black people. i dont fall in that category so i cant relate. i do not want to be judged by anybody. pay me my money for my work and we part ways. case closed.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by SirShymexx: 10:06pm On Feb 29, 2016
sukkot:
that only applies to insecure black people. i dont fall in that category so i cant relate. i do not want to be judged by anybody. pay me my money for my work and we part ways. case closed.

Loool. How can you say that when you're a big MLK fan a la integrationist lool. I swear you prefer MLK to Malcolm X based on the White man's opinion. So subconsciously, it applies to you as well.

Regardless, the planet is more intertwined these days under the lordship of white folks but what is wrong is wrong. Don't give those folks recognition only when they are slaves, maids, coons and sambos...and ditch them when they have positive images to portray. Judge talent and not stereotypes you want black folks to perpetually be with ya big machine. That's what folks are saying.

I'm sure if a next slave movie comes out tomorrow, it will get all kinds of nominations next year lol.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by sukkot: 10:16pm On Feb 29, 2016
SirShymexx:

Loool. How can you say that when you're a big MLK fan a la integrationist lool. I swear you prefer MLK to Malcolm X based on the White man's opinion. So subconsciously, it applies to you as well.

Regardless, the planet is more intertwined these days under the lordship of white folks but what is wrong is wrong. Don't give those folks recognition only when they are slaves, maids, coons and sambos...and ditch them when they have positive images to portray. Judge talent and not stereotypes you want black folks to perpetually be with ya big machine. That's what folks are saying.

I'm sure if a next slave movie comes out tomorrow, it will get all kinds of nominations next year lol.
me an MLK fan ? you must be confusing me with someone else. nothing he stood for made any sense.
1- non violence when you are being violated
2- integration ( just so you can share toilets and drink from the same water fountain as the white man ). whats the sense in that ? who wants to use the toilet after a white man comes out of it ? have you been to the toilet in victoria station and hear white boys taking a shit ? their shit splashes everywhere. they are always constipated lol. why would i wanna use the same toilet as a white man ? i personally think its disgusting. i dont wanna use toilets after a black man has being in it either lmao talk less of a white dude who has been eating mayonnaise all day long
grin
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 29, 2016
IamMissMarvel:
Leonardo DiCaprio was the man of the Oscars with Twitter having 500 tweets per minute after his first overdue Oscar win.

He had to sleep in a Horse and eat raw Liver before the Oscar team decided he deserves one.

Meanwhile, I knew Mad Max: Fury Road was going to sweep Oscars. One clown was Telling me Mad Max wasn't all that and I made him waste 1500 in the cinema.

u Garrit! Mad max is the real definition of 'action movie'.
The movie rugged ghan, i can Watch it 25 times in a day n still wont get bored of viewing it.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by gemale(m): 11:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
IamMissMarvel:

leo really deserved his award (it was long overdue) bt mad max wasnt all dt in plot even though d action was superb.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by sunkieisland(m): 11:18pm On Feb 29, 2016
bedspread:
WHAT DO I WITH THE LIST?

HOW DOES IT ADD TO MY GROWTH PHYSICALLY, SPIRITUALLY AND OTHERWISE??

next time, read the posts, comments and move. Its not compulsory to drop a comment.

#NoOffence
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by Caracta(f): 11:19pm On Feb 29, 2016
Leonardo...it's about time.

Everyone in my house is crazy about Mad Max: Fury Road. My cousin likes chanting, "witness me".

I don't like that movie. Gave me nightmares. Nice concept. Wonderful Furiousa. But to me...it wasn't all that.

2 Likes

Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by davidif: 11:23pm On Feb 29, 2016
nbright:
Also happy for Leo and Inside Out, but most of all, I'm happy bridge of spies won an award

Bridge of Spies? That dull movie?
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by davidif: 11:24pm On Feb 29, 2016
Why was Sicario not even nominated and a movie like Bridge of Spies was? I can understand Mad Max being nominated because it was an impressive technical achievement but Bridge of Spies was just a good movie, not Oscar worthy.
The only reason i can think that it was nominated was because of Spielberg's rep because the movie was nowhere as memorable as Sicario.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by davidif: 11:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
adexsimply:

Like seriously. Still wondering how "Mad Max" won 6 awards without Tom getting even 1

That movie was just a big chase scene. I don't know why people are talking about it like its the greatest movie ever made. As far as i am concerned, the movie was overhyped jare. Still enjoyed it though.

1 Like

Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by SirShymexx: 11:29pm On Feb 29, 2016
sukkot:
me an MLK fan ? you must be confusing me with someone else. nothing he stood for made any sense.
1- non violence when you are being violated
2- integration ( just so you can share toilets and drink from the same water fountain as the white man ). whats the sense in that ? who wants to use the toilet after a white man comes out of it ? have you been to the toilet in victoria station and hear white boys taking a shit ? their shit splashes everywhere. they are always constipated lol. why would i wanna use the same toilet as a white man ? i personally think its disgusting. i dont wanna use toilets after a black man has being in it either lmao talk less of a white dude who has been eating mayonnaise all day long
grin

Lol. You said some not so good things about Malcolm X the day. And that gave me the impression that you're like some of these sambo coons who think Malcolm X was racist and both NOI and Black Panther Party were terrorists - just cos the white man said so. Without taking time out to read black history with perfect understanding of what they all represented during that era and appreciate their bravery, sacrifices, and doggedness - in the face of persecution and death.

You and I know the White man's narrative of MLK. But most don't even know that without Malcolm X, they won't have listened to MLK. He was the "lesser devil", hence they opted for him. And they'll include the latter part of his life when he became belligerent and violent, due to how things panned out, in his story. They will never tell you how integration destroyed black people, how it was hijacked by white women and jews, and how it destroyed black economics/family.

Malcolm X is the closest thing ever to a black Jesus and despite how the Spike Lee movie about his life changed millions of lives - that movie also never got any recognition at the Oscars. You can't watch that movie and how big Denzel Washington killed the role, as a black person, with black pride, and not be touched. But all these slave movies keep winning awards and shyte lol. Even MLK's movie got recognition.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the Nat Turner movie. That will scare the shyte out of white folks. Hopefully, Jamie Foxx will be casted as Nat Turner and let's see what The Academy would say about that lol.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by davidif: 11:31pm On Feb 29, 2016
pweshboi:

And why didn't beast of no nation even gets a nomination... A movie that portrays vividly the lives child soldiers go through in Africa.

I never saw the movie but i read a comment from a nairalander saying something along the lines that if those guys clamoring for Biafra ever watch that movie, they will keep there mouths shut.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by bedspread: 11:58pm On Feb 29, 2016
Ok! It doesn't add to your health. If it did you won't quote me
sunkieisland:

next time, read the posts, comments and move. Its not compulsory to drop a comment.

#NoOffence
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by Nobody: 12:24am On Mar 01, 2016
Emmanuel Lubezki is the GOAT!!!!
3 in a row?? WTF!!
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by TruthHurts1(m): 12:31am On Mar 01, 2016
SirShymexx:

Don't get it. Hollywood has championed liberal causes such as civil rights and integration for probably the last 60 years and all of a sudden they have become the propaganda wing of the Klu Klux Klan just because they failed to nominate blacks for ONE academy awards ceremony. Awards are based on merit not affirmative action. When will black people grow back bones and stop this idiotic and immature craving for white acceptance and recognition? Asians don't behave that way and they are leaps and bounds ahead of you.
That m.o.ron Al Sharpton is the classic example of what black people stand for. Always willing to play the victim and wallow in the whiteman's pity.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by SirShymexx: 12:53am On Mar 01, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Don't get it. Hollywood has championed liberal causes such as civil rights and integration for probably the last 60 years and all of a sudden they have become the propaganda wing of the Klu Klux Klan just because they failed to nominate blacks for ONE academy awards ceremony. Awards are based on merit not affirmative action. When will black people grow back bones and stop this idiotic and immature craving for white acceptance and recognition? Asians don't behave that way and they are leaps and bounds ahead of you.
That m.o.ron Al Sharpton is the classic example of what black people stand for. Always willing to play the victim and wallow in the whiteman's pity.

Lmao @ Hollywood and civil rights. You mean the same industry that thrived on blaxploitation for a long time? The same industry that always turn everything black in history to white face?

This has nothing to do with permed up Al Sharpton. It's about being unfair.

Why do you clowns always allude to Asians? How many Asian actors are in hollywood? Muthaphuck Asians - no one cares about the curry fvkers. Stay in context.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by sukkot: 1:49am On Mar 01, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by sukkot: 1:51am On Mar 01, 2016
SirShymexx:

Lol. You said some not so good things about Malcolm X the day. And that gave me the impression that you're like some of these sambo coons who think Malcolm X was racist and both NOI and Black Panther Party were terrorists - just cos the white man said so. Without taking time out to read black history with perfect understanding of what they all represented during that era and appreciate their bravery, sacrifices, and doggedness - in the face of persecution and death.

You and I know the White man's narrative of MLK. But most don't even know that without Malcolm X, they won't have listened to MLK. He was the "lesser devil", hence they opted for him. And they'll include the latter part of his life when he became belligerent and violent, due to how things panned out, in his story. They will never tell you how integration destroyed black people, how it was hijacked by white women and jews, and how it destroyed black economics/family.

Malcolm X is the closest thing ever to a black Jesus and despite how the Spike Lee movie about his life changed millions of lives - that movie also never got any recognition at the Oscars. You can't watch that movie and how big Denzel Washington killed the role, as a black person, with black pride, and not be touched. But all these slave movies keep winning awards and shyte lol. Even MLK's movie got recognition.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the Nat Turner movie. That will scare the shyte out of white folks. Hopefully, Jamie Foxx will be casted as Nat Turner and let's see what The Academy would say about that lol.
the man does have his flaws now. we all do. just cuz i highlight the mans flaws dont mean I am pro-white. the important thing is to highlight his flaws amongst fellow blacks. the uncle tom will be the one highlighting his flaws to whites wink
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by scobaba: 4:39am On Mar 01, 2016
bedspread:
WHAT DO I WITH THE LIST?

HOW DOES IT ADD TO MY GROWTH PHYSICALLY, SPIRITUALLY AND OTHERWISE??

My bro just waka pass. You will never understand the list since its not 'could this be love?'.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by loomer: 5:03am On Mar 01, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

E be like say your niece na the number 1 fan o cheesy

No be small thing.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by Nobody: 6:17am On Mar 01, 2016
gemale:

leo really deserved his award (it was long overdue) bt mad max wasnt all dt in plot even though d action was superb.

Oscars no be about Plot o. There are better plots that didn't get an Oscar. If na by Plot, Leo would have gotten an Oscar after Titanic.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by TruthHurts1(m): 7:09am On Mar 01, 2016
sukkot:
Stu.pid is as stu.pid does.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by Henrodah(m): 7:22am On Mar 01, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

That Eddie Redmayne guy is gifted walahi. I feared for Leo initially cause I thought Eddie was gonna win. Thank God he won at last sha.

Men I feel he's the best Actor now under 40(yrs) the way he takes on roles shows are highly professional he is....and it also boils down to British Actors been Better than their American Counterparts, but lacks 'Hollywood'.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by prof800(m): 7:23am On Mar 01, 2016
"Even a dog gets a warm piece of the sidewalk." Congratz to Leo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Married Again (punar Vivah) / David McCallum: NCIS And The Man From U.N.C.L.E Actor Dies Aged 90 / BBNaija: Adekunle Wins Head Of House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.