Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,250 members, 7,807,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards (19008 Views)

African Movie Academy Awards 2017 (Live Thread) / Find Out The Most Talented Movie Actors Ever According To Academy Awards (pics) / Full List Of Winners At The 2016 AMAA, Africa Movie Academy Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:26am On Mar 01, 2016
OgidiOlu3:
Personally, I'm so happy Leo won for the first time. I'm also excited Inside Out won for best animated feature and Ennio Morricone won for best original score.

Congrats to them
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by Henrodah(m): 7:29am On Mar 01, 2016
ChappyChase:

I don't just like Eddie, he's got this baby face but with a bad heart and Jupiter ascending just vindicated me!
Abeg why leo no wan marry sarah?

Broda I like that Eddie Redmayne sha...34yrs with baby face lool.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by haul: 11:26am On Mar 01, 2016
SirShymexx:

Lol. You said some not so good things about Malcolm X the day. And that gave me the impression that you're like some of these sambo coons who think Malcolm X was racist and both NOI and Black Panther Party were terrorists - just cos the white man said so. Without taking time out to read black history with perfect understanding of what they all represented during that era and appreciate their bravery, sacrifices, and doggedness - in the face of persecution and death.

You and I know the White man's narrative of MLK. But most don't even know that without Malcolm X, they won't have listened to MLK. He was the "lesser devil", hence they opted for him. And they'll include the latter part of his life when he became belligerent and violent, due to how things panned out, in his story. They will never tell you how integration destroyed black people, how it was hijacked by white women and jews, and how it destroyed black economics/family.

Malcolm X is the closest thing ever to a black Jesus and despite how the Spike Lee movie about his life changed millions of lives - that movie also never got any recognition at the Oscars. You can't watch that movie and how big Denzel Washington killed the role, as a black person, with black pride, and not be touched. But all these slave movies keep winning awards and shyte lol. Even MLK's movie got recognition.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the Nat Turner movie. That will scare the shyte out of white folks. Hopefully, Jamie Foxx will be casted as Nat Turner and let's see what The Academy would say about that lol.

Dayuuuuum! MalcolmX is fire!!!!!! I read about X but never really understood it like that, but the day I saw the movie malcolmX! Mehn! I was aloof with pride as a young black man, I relate with the struggle even though I'm never part of that era.

Malcolm gave a new meaning to being black, from that day I added X to my name without even knowing why X was part of his name then few research made me understand the "X"

Will I say MLK is another mandela? Yeah,the white men popularised this great men. I think the "I have a dream was the beginning of MLK populairty "

And mandela totally became the greatest freedom fighter from africa just because the white paints it so, they forgot some freedom fighter had fought for the freedom of their country in other part of the continent, the kwame nkrumahs et al.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by SirShymexx: 11:57am On Mar 01, 2016
sukkot:
the man does have his flaws now. we all do. just cuz i highlight the mans flaws dont mean I am pro-white. the important thing is to highlight his flaws amongst fellow blacks. the uncle tom will be the one highlighting his flaws to whites wink

Yes, no one is perfect and Malcolm X definitely wasn't perfect. However, the perception came from the fact that those who're always in the habit of highlighting Malcolm X's flaws, always shy away from talking about the ultimate flaw MLK had - adultery/serial-womaniser. Malcolm X represented a true black man who had all the respect in the world for his wife and women in general. A virtue every black man ought to have. I get ya point though and I know you're supremely pro-black. Just thought you're more into MLK than the closest thing we ever had that's similar to black Jesus: Malcolm X. wink

Regarding Uncle Tom - I'd say over 95% of black folks are uncle tom arse sambos these days under spell of the white man's UMC (universal mind control) and I fear black folks more than I fear any other race of people. The average black people's brain these days like a computer software that has been corrupted with a virus controlled by white folks and these nyggahs are more dangerous than white folks. That's why I hate nyggahs and I'm always careful around them. grin
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by SirShymexx: 12:05pm On Mar 01, 2016
haul:

Dayuuuuum! MalcolmX is fire!!!!!! I read about X but never really understood it like that, but the day I saw the movie malcolmX! Mehn! I was aloof with pride as a young black man, I relate with the struggle even though I'm never part of that era.

Malcolm gave a new meaning to being black, from that day I added X to my name without even knowing why X was part of his name then few research made me understand the "X"

Will I say MLK is another mandela? Yeah,the white men popularised this great men. I think the "I have a dream was the beginning of MLK populairty "

And mandela totally became the greatest freedom fighter from africa just because the white paints it so, they forgot some freedom fighter had fought for the freedom of their country in other part of the continent, the kwame nkrumahs et al.

I hear that.

The movie changed my life as well. And it's same story with a lot of black folks. And I shall forever be grateful to Spike Lee and Denzel Washington for giving us young bucks the opportunity to see what Malcolm X's life was on TV.

You can't really blame white folks cos folks with guilty conscience will always tell a story that they're comfortable around. But the onus is on black folks to read more.

Even with Nelson Mandela: I'd always put Steve Biko above him. Biko was on the next level in terms of everything, but it's pity he died young for what he believed in, before achieving what he set out to do.
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by pweshboi(m): 2:25pm On Mar 01, 2016
davidif:

I never saw the movie but i read a comment from a nairalander saying something along the lines that if those guys clamoring for Biafra ever watch that movie, they will keep there mouths shut.
We'll them asking for biafra is there own concern but they should not ask for war... Cos the people that av seen and gone through war doesn't pray for it again... When u go to war with 30 of ur friends and within 2 mins of gun battle 25 are dead then you'll know war isn't a good thing. Let us all hope for the best from God
Re: All Winners Of The 88th Academy Awards by RaeMystix: 3:22am On Mar 04, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BBNaija: Alex Father, Asogwa Ifeanyichukwu Thanks Nigerians For Supporting Her / Trailer Of 'The Four Boys' (An Aluu 4 Movie) / What's The Aim And Objective Of BBA Stargame ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.