Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,306 members, 7,780,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:45 PM

Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? (12226 Views)

Can Any Atheist Anywhere In The World Provide A Reasonable Answer To This ? / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Can ANY Atheist Explain This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 29, 2016
Laws of Logic are abstract and not material but atheists say they exist! funny. I mean you cant see logical laws but you believe they exist. How so?

Why are they not consistent in their reasoning when it comes to God? God cannot be seen too but atheists say he must be seen first before they believe? Loooooooooooool

Atheism is unreasonable and illogical if you ask me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 29, 2016
The problem with leaving people to their logic is that it is assumed that everybody is a reasonable human being.

What is logical in any situation will change according to people's self interests, desires, upbringing, reasoning capacity....

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 29, 2016
Muafrika2:
The problem with leaving people to their logic is that it is assumed that everybody is a reasonable human being.

What is logical in any situation will change according to people's self interests, desires, upbringing, reasoning capacity....
Are you saying logic laws are not constant?

A=B sometimes?

Is 2+2 not equal to 4 irrespective of upbringing, reasoning capacity, self interests, desires?

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 11:42am On Feb 29, 2016
Speechless3:
Are you saying logic laws are not constant?

A=B sometimes?

Is 2+2 not equal to 4 irrespective of upbringing, reasoning capacity, self interests, desires?

Yes.

It depends.

2 + 2 will equal 4 in mathematics. In Chemistry, biology, spirituality, 2 + 2 may equal 1, 2, 3,4, 5 depending on the nature and reactions of the individual and collective units to each other. cheesy

(A mad man will have his own answer too)

3 Likes

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by HardMirror(m): 12:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
Speechless3:
Laws of Logic are abstract and not material but atheists say they exist! funny. I mean you cant see logical laws but you believe they exist. How so?

Why are they not consistent in their reasoning when it comes to God? God cannot be seen too but atheists say he must be seen first before they believe? Loooooooooooool

Little girl, seriously, just stick to your modeling, you are not cut for "logical" discussions.
Explaining anything to you will be a waste of time, because you don't have the capacity to understand

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 29, 2016
Muafrika2:

Yes.

It depends.

2 + 2 will equal 4 in mathematics. In Chemistry, biology, spirituality, 2 + 2 may equal 1, 2, 3,4, 5 depending on the nature and reactions of the individual and collective units to each other. cheesy

(A mad man will have his own answer too)

Lol.

This is not true.

Here is a kid's example: 2 oranges + 2 oranges will equal 4 everywhere and every time. Is this a fact? yes. Will it be like that tomorrow? yep.

If a mad man says its 3, do we say its his logic? Nope. We say he is being unreasonable.
If a scientist says its 5, is it reasonable? of course it will be ridiculous reasoning no matter his numerous studies.

How do we hold conversations with people if our logics are different? How do we know someone is unreasonable if we hold ourselves to different logical standards?

How come atheists want us to accept their logic if we all have different logic. I thought they were liberal?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 29, 2016
HardMirror:

Little girl, seriously, just stick to your modeling, you are not cut for "logical" discussions.
Explaining anything to you will be a waste of time, because you don't have the capacity to understand
gringrin Another way of saying "we dont have answers to this"? common give it a try? wink Just try smiley

3 Likes

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
Onetrack Johnnydon, Platteon, Ifeness, CoolUsername, cloudgoddess. Your attention is needed here.

Ronald4lif darling kiss
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by taurus25(m): 1:30pm On Feb 29, 2016
logic is just the use or study of valid reason............an agnostic atheist stand is that one cant know if god exist or not, so far so good many gods proposed by man has been proved to be inexistent using deductive reasoning hence the disbelief in all gods believed to exist

secondly from the pic in ur op it implies "theres a world we live in, theres no eye withness when it was created" , therefore god created it
, this is an inductive argument , you mean your premise is enough to provide sufficient conclusion for gods existence, whereas this is weak logic

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by HardMirror(m): 1:31pm On Feb 29, 2016
Speechless3:
gringrin Another way of saying "we dont have answers to this"? common give it a try? wink Just try smiley
Ok.
First postulation
You find a car, abandoned, no one knows how it got there.
The atheist does not for a moment think the car was a product of chance.
Reason the atheist can NEVER assume the car was a product of chance. He knows for SURE the car was manufactured by a car manufacturer in this case General Motors (GM). Reason? Because cars are made by men, and there are so many evidences to that. It is not a mystery that needs to be explained. A toyota prado only exists because of the toyota company, the logo and design are all trademarks. The assembly plant can be visited. They have a physical address. There are soo many evidences to back this assertion up.

postulate two
Earth, no one witnessed it's creation, so No god.
Lol. For real?
All we are asking for is evidence, did god create the earth? If you say yes, why do you say yes? Simple.
If I told you I found a toyota hilux on the beach, I can prove it that it did not just appear there, it must have been manufactured by toyota, it is because there is evidence.

What if I told you god did not create the earth but obatala did. Would you believe me simply because you believe toyota must have made a camry you did not withness it's creation?

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by HardMirror(m): 1:34pm On Feb 29, 2016
Speechless3:
Onetrack Johnnydon, Platteon, Ifeness, CoolUsername, cloudgoddess. Your attention is needed here.

Ronald4lif darling kiss

Y are you calling everyone? You think you have discovered the nail to atheism's coffin?
Funny girl.

8 Likes

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by HardMirror(m): 1:40pm On Feb 29, 2016
taurus25:
logic is just the use or study of valid reason............an agnostic atheist stand is that one cant know if god exist or not, so far so good many gods proposed by man has been proved to be inexistent using deductive reasoning hence the disbelief in all gods believed to exist

secondly from the pic in ur op it implies "theres a world we live in, theres no eye withness when it was created" , therefore god created it
, this is an inductive argument , you mean your premise is enough to provide sufficient conclusion for gods existence, whereas this is weak logic

Beautiful.
I don't even see a relationship between the two premises she presented. Existence of a car is well documented by humans, it's creation was witnessed by humans, humans that made it can speak and bear withness to their work for themselves, it is branded so humans can know who made it.
Earth made by? It's creation witnessed by? The creator of the earth can he speak for himself? Where is the branding that tells us the specific god that made the earth?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 29, 2016
HardMirror:

Ok.
First postulation
You find a car, abandoned, no one knows how it got there.
The atheist does not for a moment think the car was a product of chance.
Reason the atheist can NEVER assume the car was a product of chance. He knows for SURE the car was manufactured by a car manufacturer in this case General Motors (GM). Reason? Because cars are made by men, and there are so many evidences to that. It is not a mystery that needs to be explained. A toyota prado only exists because of the toyota company, the logo and design are all trademarks. The assembly plant can be visited. They have a physical address. There are soo many evidences to back this assertion up.

postulate two
Earth, no one witnessed it's creation, so No god.
Lol. For real?
All we are asking for is evidence, did god create the earth? If you say yes, why do you say yes? Simple.
If I told you I found a toyota hilux on the beach, I can prove it that it did not just appear there, it must have been manufactured by toyota, it is because there is evidence.

What if I told you god did not create the earth but obatala did. Would you believe me simply because you believe toyota must have made a camry you did not withness it's creation?

No1 Postulation: What you are saying is that something is only logical if it has been subjected to tests and in this case experiences. That is we cannot know at once that an abandoned car has a manufacturer except from our life experience of seeing cars being made by man. Loooooool. This is faulty because its saying those who have no idea of who makes cars will be right to conclude on seeing an abandoned car that GM does not exist.

Your logic is based on experience, it is no logic. Logic must be true every where at the same time.

8 Likes

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 29, 2016
HardMirror:

Y are you calling everyone? You think you have discovered the nail to atheism's coffin?
Funny girl.
cheesy grin

Let me ask, will i become logical if i become an atheist?

1 Like

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by onetrack(m): 1:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
Sigh. Atheism is not a philosophy or dogma, and there is no requirement that all atheists be logical. I wish it were the case, but it is not true.

In any case, I know that people manufacture cars because I have visited plants where cars are made. I have not seen gods manufacturing earths or universes and so I cannot say that the earth has any specific creator, or that it was even created by any supernatural being. Very simple.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by taurus25(m): 1:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
HardMirror:

Beautiful.
I don't even see a relationship between the two premises she presented. Existence of a car is well documented by humans, it's creation was witnessed by humans, humans that made it can speak and bear withness to their work for themselves, it is branded so humans can know who made it.
Earth made by? It's creation witnessed by? The creator of the earth can he speak for himself? Where is the branding that tells us the specific god that made the earth?
have you noticed that thats how religionists argue all the time.....e.g
1) man has digestive system, therefore god exists
2) man has brains , therefore god exists
3) man has blood , therefore god exists
4) the earth has water and is in the goldilockzone therefore god exist.

poor logic!!!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by HardMirror(m): 1:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
Speechless3:

No1 Postulation: What you are saying is that something is only logical if it has been subjected to tests and in this case experiences. That is we cannot know at once that an abandoned car has a manufacturer except from our life experience of seeing cars being made by man. Loooooool. This is faulty because its saying those who have no idea of who makes cars will be right to conclude on seeing an abandoned car that GM does not exist.

Your logic is based on experience, it is no logic. Logic must be true every where at the same time.

Oh yes! You are absolutely right without experience there is no logic. 2+2= 4 is only logical because it can be experienced. 1+1=1 is logical when experienced in a chemical reaction for example where to compounds make a single product.
As for an ignorant man who has not experienced civilization, he has no right to claim he is sure of the origin of the car unless he has facts to back up his claim.

4 Likes

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by HardMirror(m): 1:58pm On Feb 29, 2016
Speechless3:
cheesy grin

Let me ask, will i become logical if i become an atheist?
No. you not being an atheist does not make you illogical, neither does being one make you logical.
All I ask is, "present a logical reason why you believe god created the earth and not obatala or panku."

1 Like

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 29, 2016
taurus25:

Hold on, how did you arrive at that definition of logic?

The atheistic logic is illogical because it depends on studies, findings, experiences and not on established logical standards. In short atheistic logic is just a mere opinion because it is saying "i believe a thing because thats what my logic tells me" begging the question.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 29, 2016
HardMirror:

No. you not being an atheist does not make you illogical, neither does being one make you logical.
All I ask is, "present a logical reason why you believe god created the earth and not obatala or panku."
Dang, you agree that the laws of logic transcend the world of atheism! You have indirectly agreed that every human irrespective should have these laws. Looooool. And worst, you agree that they exist even when youve never seen any cheesy

Dont worry about presenting a logical reason why i believe God exists i am already doing that cool
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 29, 2016
onetrack:
Sigh. Atheism is not a philosophy or dogma, and there is no requirement that all atheists be logical. I wish it were the case, but it is not true.

In any case, I know that people manufacture cars because I have visited plants where cars are made. I have not seen gods manufacturing earths or universes and so I cannot say that the earth has any specific creator, or that it was even created by any supernatural being. Very simple.
No it is not simple. Are you saying a barbarian who has no idea how cars are made or has no past experience at all will be logical if he sees an abandoned car in a bush and then reason it to be as a result of chance?
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by HardMirror(m): 2:10pm On Feb 29, 2016
Speechless3:
Dang, you agree that the laws of logic transcends the world of atheism! You have indirectly agreed that every human irrespective should have these laws. Looooool. And the greatest, you agree that they exist even when youve never seen any cheesy

Dont worry about presenting a logical reason why i believe God exists i am already doing that cool

Have I seen my liver? Yet I know I must have a liver. Does believe in logic I cannot see make believe in god I cannot see necessary?
Geez... I think I have got another comedian I shld follow. You are even funnier than opeaceo

3 Likes

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by HardMirror(m): 2:15pm On Feb 29, 2016
Speechless3:
No it is not simple. Are you saying a barbarian who has no idea how cars are made or has no past experience at all will be logical if he sees an abandoned car in a bush and then reason it to be as a result of chance?
That is why he is a barbarian. A smart human would always conduct research into his findings to ascertain the origin of his discovery. That is what we are trying to do with the earth, we are working to understand it's origin because we are not barbarians.
Baby girl, are you a barbarian?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Weah96: 2:15pm On Feb 29, 2016
LOL, in her newly discovered excitement, she forgot to find out what exactly is the position of the skeptic.

The person who designed that silly photo also doesn't understand the argument.

Bring your creator or KEEP quiet. Stop taking advantage of the uncertainty of death. That nobody knows doesn't give you the license to open a business where you tell people where they're going.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by HardMirror(m): 2:19pm On Feb 29, 2016
Weah96:
LOL, in her newly discovered excitement, she forgot to find out what exactly is the position of the skeptic.

The person who designed that silly photo also doesn't understand the argument.

Bring your creator or KEEP quiet. Stop taking advantage of the uncertainty of death. That nobody knows doesn't give you the license to open a business where you tell people where they're going.
She is sooo excited. sad poor soul. Wish I cld see her and have a good laugh. I find such mind fascinating. It shows the innocence of her little heart and the childishness of her tots. What a sweet hrt

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 29, 2016
taurus25:

have you noticed that thats how religionists argue all the time.....e.g
1) man has digestive system, therefore god exists
2) man has brains , therefore god exists
3) man has blood , therefore god exists
4) the earth has water and is in the goldilockzone therefore god exist.

poor logic!!!
grin What is poor logic? We have to define what makes a logic poor and good before concluding.

To religionists/christians, thats logical. To atheits, its not. And two of them cannot be right at the same time according to the Law of non-contradiction. So how do we know who is right and who is wrong? Well simple, we must know the standard established to determine truth! And this Standard must be universal and constant! smiley
Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by onetrack(m): 2:30pm On Feb 29, 2016
Speechless3:

If he is logical then he will not make any assumptions about what the car is or how it got there. However, I would not expect a barbarian to be particularly logical; he would probably assign a superstitious reason, like the gods put it there.

3 Likes

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 29, 2016
HardMirror:

That is why he is a barbarian. A smart human would always conduct research into his findings to ascertain the origin of his discovery. That is what we are trying to do with the earth, we are working to understand it's origin because we are not barbarians.
Baby girl, are you a barbarian?
LmaO. Okay lets talk about how it got there. If i know how it got there, i would know if someone is responsible or not. Logic 101 Its in your head but you are using your heart. Common try your head for once.

The religionist/man uses his head first. He thinks, if this thing is here, i think someone must have kept it here. That someone has made it is not a question/issue. Thats settled in our brains because we do not ascribe designs/works to chance at any point. Logic 101.

The atheist thinks with his heart first. He is first of all offended that a God will demand for accountability from him. And then he proceeds to question his authority and then his existence. Looooool. Thats backwards.

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by onetrack(m): 2:42pm On Feb 29, 2016
Speechless3:

The religionist/man uses his head first. He thinks, if this thing is here, i think someone must have kept it here. That someone has made it is not a question/issue. Thats settled in our brains because we do not ascribe designs/works to chance at any point. Logic 101.

The atheist thinks with his heart first. He is first of all offended that a God will demand for accountability from him. And then he proceeds to question his authority and then his existence. Looooool. Thats backwards.

No, this is religionist logic: the earth exists -----> there must be a creator -----> therefore Jesus is our lord and savior (or Muhammad is a prophet). These are huge gaps that just cannot be ignored.

Skeptic logic (atheist, if you will), says that until there is sound evidence for any particular creator, it does not make sense to make one up and believe in it.

3 Likes

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 29, 2016
onetrack:

If he is logical then he will not make any assumptions about what the car is or how it got there. However, I would not expect a barbarian to be particularly logical; he would probably assign a superstitious reason, like the gods put it there.
In other words, only few people have been able to determine what is logical and the rest can go to hell? So why bother explaining to people your belief since they are wired to be illogical? If your standard of judging things is not universal how is it not an opinion? Are logical laws found only in atheism?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by HardMirror(m): 2:47pm On Feb 29, 2016
Speechless3:
LmaO. Okay lets talk about how it got there. If i know how it got there, i would know if someone is responsible or not. Logic 101 Its in your head but you are using your heart. Common try your head for once.

Just listen to yourself.
"The religious man thinks with his head, the atheist thinks with his heart because he feels offended by god..."
Geez! You must be really shallow minded o. What is think with head and heart? What do you mean by "offended by god" which god?
Lol.
If I see an abandoned car, I don't assume anything. Hope that answers your question.
If you ask me how the car got there and I don't know how it got there, I will tell you, "I don't know". Stop assuming things on my behalf

1 Like

Re: Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist? by PastorAIO: 2:50pm On Feb 29, 2016
Laws in general are deduced from observing real phenomena that occur around us all the time.

Laws of logic do NOT exist the way that you can say that River Niger exists. They don't have a location, or a size or other physical characteristics.

Yet we can see the effects of the Laws of logic.

We can use the emotions to draw an analogy. Take Love. You've never seen love before, but you can certainly see it's effects. When someone loves you you can tell by the way they act towards you and the things they do for you. So it is with Laws of Logic. If you choose to be illogical and think illogically then you will keep coming up with the wrong answer to your problems and your suffering is prolonged. That is the effect of being illogical and you will feel it and see it as clear as daylight.

As with the God part…. If an atheist feels that he can explain the phenomena that are going on around him without having recourse to God then the idea of God becomes moot.

To use the example in your captions… If you see a car in a carpark you know that it got there cos someone brought it there. However, is it the engineer from Ford? Is it GM? Is it Renault? Or Mercedes Benz? Many people are making many claims. Furthermore each of these claimants can give you the address and town of the GM factory ( or ford or Renault etc) that they claim the car came from. An investigation can then be carried out.
However in the case of God the claimants cannot tell you where this God is located. Now, no one claims that the Car didn't come from somewhere. Many Atheists are happy to explore ALL the possibilities to explain the origin. Thus far the God claims have been found wanting in their opinion.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Speechless3:

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Go To Your Place Of Worship / The Rapture Will Happen Very Soon!!! / Can I Refuse The Call Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.