Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread - Phones (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread (137384 Views)

Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) / What The Inside Of Infinix Hot 3(x554) And Tecno Boom J7 Look Like / Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Enouwem(m): 9:12am On Aug 31, 2016
KillerFrost:

Just saw this and decided to try it out....unfortunately it stops at 65% and says unsuccessful.... What could be wrong?....

PS: i used kingroot version 4.9.0 and 4.9.6(the latest version)
Try this one https://www.datafilehost.com/d/e52bc1a3
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 31, 2016
Enouwem:

Try this one https://www.datafilehost.com/d/e52bc1a3
what version is this?
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by benzics(m): 1:50pm On Aug 31, 2016
KillerFrost:

Just saw this and decided to try it out....unfortunately it stops at 65% and says unsuccessful.... What could be wrong?....

PS: i used kingroot version 4.9.0 and 4.9.6(the latest version)
. Just keep trying it, cuz all the boom j8s I've come across, it all worked for them (hope you tried the alternate method)
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2016
benzics:

. Just keep trying it, cuz all the boom j8s I've come across, it all worked for them (hope you tried the alternate method)
Thanks....it has worked...I was using it on edge, someone just recommended I use 3G......its rooted now!
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by reservd(m): 3:40pm On Aug 31, 2016
KillerFrost:

Pls have you been able to root your device.. ...if yes.. ..which root app did it successfully ?....

Cc: kenneth10110
Jst startd usin dis fone, pls may I knw d reason y u rootin ur fone and do u tink I shld follow suit
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Kenneth10110(m): 4:16pm On Aug 31, 2016
rawdpiper:
Hello boom j8 users in the house, just wanted to ask about ur experience using the boom j8. GOOD OR BAD? I'm planning to get and I don't want any regrets!
No regrets am enjoying mine
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by benzics(m): 5:44pm On Aug 31, 2016
KillerFrost:
Thanks....it has worked...I was using it on edge, someone just recommended I use 3G......its rooted now!
You are welcome
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2016
A
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 01, 2016
reservd:

Jst startd usin dis fone, pls may I knw d reason y u rootin ur fone and do u tink I shld follow suit
....... I needed to install some apps that are vital to me....and they won't run except I root my device....e.g xposed installer...... About the bolded, you should only root your device if you have the need to and not cause others are....
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by reservd(m): 7:46pm On Sep 01, 2016
KillerFrost:
....... I needed to install some apps that are vital to me....and they won't run except I root my device....e.g xposed installer...... About the bolded, you should only root your device if you have the need to and not cause others are....
Thx so much 4 ur response, appreciated
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2016
reservd:

Thx so much 4 ur response, appreciated

You're very welcome
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by rawdpiper(m): 7:26am On Sep 03, 2016
Boom J8 users that have rooted their phone are u facing problems and are u also able to perform updates to the system of your phone without any hassle?
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Kenneth10110(m): 11:53am On Sep 03, 2016
Users of J8 who have rooted their phone face problems when they un root the J8 fails to display again. Have not rooted mine although am not a fan of rooting
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Kenneth10110(m): 11:54am On Sep 03, 2016
rawdpiper:
Boom J8 users that have rooted their phone are u facing problems and are u also able to perform updates to the system of your phone without any hassle?

Their is 80% of hassle
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by benzics(m): 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2016
Kenneth10110:
Users of J8 who have rooted their phone face problems when they un root the J8 fails to display again. Have not rooted mine although am not a fan of rooting

Who told you? I rooted and unrooted the phone without any problem o
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 03, 2016
rawdpiper:

Lol.....the only thing is you can't update your phone OTA(over-the-air)...youll even be told that the ota can't commence coz ur phone is rooted ...what u do is simply unroot your device, go on with your update, when you're done u root again if u so wish.....Apart from that, there's nothing else to it
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by rawdpiper(m): 7:09pm On Sep 03, 2016
KillerFrost:

Lol.....the only thing is you can't update your phone OTA(over-the-air)...youll even be told that the ota can't commence coz ur phone is rooted ...what u do is simply unroot your device, go on with your update, when you're done u root again if u so wish.....Apart from that, there's nothing else to it

I though they said that if u unroot and then perform the update, the phone will still brick??
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by rawdpiper(m): 7:39pm On Sep 03, 2016
KillerFrost:

I thought they said if u try to play smart by unrooting and then performing the update your phone will brick?
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Kenneth10110(m): 9:52pm On Sep 03, 2016
benzics:

Who told you? I rooted and unrooted the phone without any problem o
i know people who have rooted and uprooted in the process there phone Bricked. some said it hangs at the Tecno Display.
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Kenneth10110(m): 10:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
KillerFrost:

I have seen complains on rooted J8 which was un rooted in order to update but after update the phone bricked. Like three people have contacted me privately
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by toluwanimi07(m): 7:18am On Sep 04, 2016
Plsss add me to the J8 whatsapp Group peepz
08148249045[b][/b]
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by awofe20(m): 6:23am On Sep 05, 2016
KillerFrost:

Na true
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by akocce(m): 9:50am On Sep 05, 2016
I bought this fone with d belief dat Tecno had actually changed, and dat dey will eventually upgrade to at least android 6.0, but I guess some things will never change.
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by rawdpiper(m): 10:18am On Sep 09, 2016
for those who have rooted and installed twrp recovery on their boom j8; how do u get to install OTA update? Also if your phone is rooted, is it that the OTA update won't download or it will download but not install?
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by awofe20(m): 3:16pm On Sep 14, 2016
Pls any custom rom?
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by freezyprinzy(m): 3:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
akocce:
I bought this fone with d belief dat Tecno had actually changed, and dat dey will eventually upgrade to at least android 6.0, but I guess some things will never change.
me too bro Its actually very annoying
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by freezyprinzy(m): 3:22pm On Sep 14, 2016
akocce:
me too bro Its actually very annoying ain't buying techno ever again this would b my last I tink huwie is better
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by toluwanimi07(m): 6:41pm On Sep 14, 2016
freezyprinzy:
me too bro Its actually very annoying ain't buying techno ever again this would b my last I tink huwie is better

Bro me sef wan port to xiaomi redmi 3 pro ibdont tire for this tecno ppl
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by freezyprinzy(m): 10:07pm On Sep 14, 2016
toluwanimi07:

Bro me sef wan port to xiaomi redmi 3 pro ibdont tire for this tecno ppl
tried talking 2 dier c.s via twitter dem no ans wats d point of releasing new device roughly every month wen update no dy 4 d 1 u released 3weeks b4
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by toluwanimi07(m): 11:53pm On Sep 14, 2016
freezyprinzy:
tried talking 2 dier c.s via twitter dem no ans wats d point of releasing new device roughly every month wen update no dy 4 d 1 u released 3weeks b4
Bro d reason i got their phone wqs cos of updates but now no updates for even marshmallow
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by Kenneth10110(m): 7:15am On Sep 15, 2016
Tecno delay a lot in Updates its months now no Marshmallow on the J8 who knows if they even have plans for it.
Re: Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread by toluwanimi07(m): 9:03am On Sep 15, 2016
Kenneth10110:
Tecno delay a lot in Updates its months now no Marshmallow on the J8 who knows if they even have plans for it.
Bro i tell u ... Others are preparing to update to nougat now even infinix note 2 has marshmallow update ....i dont know whats stopping dem a whole TECNO

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (40) (Reply)

Get Airtel 10gb For N100, 20gb For N200 And Unlimited Data For N300 / Yoruba Bible Free Download / How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.