Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply (9847 Views)

Future Of Higher Education Belongs To Private Varsities — NUC / Apply For The 2018 Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholars Program / List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by Parkac(m): 1:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
The Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) wishes to inform undergraduate students in their Partner Universities that the 2016 edition of the scholarship essay competition has commenced.

Eligibility Requirements:
i) All students enrolled in their penultimate year at the NHEF Partner University are qualified to participate in the essay contest.
ii) NHEF Partner Universities include Ahmadu Bello University, Bayero University Kano, University of Ibadan, University of Nigeria, Nsukka and the University of Port Harcourt.
iii) Students enrolled in their penultimate year are third year undergraduates of a 4-year degree program or Fourth year undergraduates of a 5-year degree program.

2nd Annual NHEF Essay Competition Topics:
1. “The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living from the dead” -Aristotle. Discuss the validity of this statement.
2. Explore the relationship between a developed higher education sector and long-term economic growth?
3. What is the role / function of innovation versus tradition in Nigeria’s development?

Essay Submission Criteria & Procedure:
a. No literary form other than an essay will be accepted.
b. Each piece of writing must reflect the contestant’s ability to explore and discuss ideas and ethical concepts.
c. Essay must demonstrate the conduct of research and a sufficiently detailed summary.
d. Essays must be 2000 words in length, double-spaced, (12-inch Times new roman ), and numbered pages with one-inch margins excluding bibliography & title page.
e. Each essay must include a Title Page, a Bibliography and a scanned copy of the contestant’s current student ID.
f. Entries must be submitted in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
g. References in the essay should be included and clearly identified.
h. All entries must be submitted via e-mail to info@thenhef.org by 11:59 p.m. (WAT) on March 31st, 2016.

Contest Prizes:
1. The Grand prize winner of the 2016 Essay Competition will be awarded a cash prize of N100,000 with a year of paid tuition.
2. First runner-up will be awarded a cash prize of N75,000 with a year of paid tuition.
3. Second runner-up will be awarded N50,000 with a year of paid tuition.

Note: Enrollment will be verified with the university’s registrar.

Disclaimer: Submitted essays will become the property of the NHEF. The NHEF may reprint the essays in its mediums and publications. Appropriate citations will be given to all the writers.

Source: http://campusportalng.com/scholarships/enter-nhef-essay-competition/32153/
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by Nastydroid(m): 7:09pm On Feb 29, 2016
ok
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by YunusObaje: 7:09pm On Feb 29, 2016
NOTED..
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by Roidatom(m): 7:10pm On Feb 29, 2016
I encourage this development.
But only partner Universities?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by Flexherbal(m): 7:10pm On Feb 29, 2016
Good!
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 29, 2016
Why restrict the schools to just those few?
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 29, 2016
Really ?
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by lawal28c: 7:11pm On Feb 29, 2016
o ki I.e ok
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 29, 2016
Check my signature
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by SSpeter(m): 7:14pm On Feb 29, 2016
Just 100k and a year paid tution yet see criteria....mtcheeewww....ordinary miss Eti-osa dey carry Kia Rio go house with just two criteria "fine face and long leg".....abeg make una no stress students with this poverty stricken and rusty grand prize.....walks out of thread

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by Ehins22(m): 7:16pm On Feb 29, 2016
cheesy
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by sukkot: 7:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
SSpeter:
Just 100k and a year paid tution yet see criteria....mtcheeewww....ordinary miss Eti-osa dey carry Kia Rio go house with just two criteria "fine face and long leg".....abeg make una no stress students with this poverty stricken and rusty grand prize.....walks out of thread
100k can buy lots of orijin though
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by chumaster(m): 7:21pm On Feb 29, 2016
koonbey:
Why restrict the schools to just those few?
for schools that agreed to partner them, others didn't
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by ib4uakpele: 7:26pm On Feb 29, 2016
PATNERSHIP WITH JESUS• Today you might be going through rough & tough times trying to make ends meet, & its all seem impossible unto you; but nothing is impossible unto God. Beloved, that's why Christ said “come unto me,all ye that labour & are heavy laden,& i will give you rest” {Mathew11:28}. Jesus is calling you to come to him with your problems in exchange he'll give you a stress free life of rest,peace,prosperity,success, victory,glory,honour,power,riches,wealth & good health without struggle.
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 29, 2016
How I wish my school is eligible to participate.
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by kenny091(m): 7:46pm On Feb 29, 2016
they can do better with the price. all this wahala for just 100k and 35k tuition. nairabet sef pay pass this one abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by olafum1(m): 9:06pm On Feb 29, 2016
The whole education system needs this.

Just found myself in a situation I could not easily put down my thoughts, even as a graduate.

The writing spirit must rise
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by MosquitoLaps(m): 9:35pm On Feb 29, 2016
Oya mek I rush go apply.
Robinhez Elantraceey Naijaboiy Blueto Ebayray Carlson001 Sylvalord et al. food don done o grin

modified:
Just went through the post again and I was like WTF?
only partnered schools? Like Seriously?
And the prize money is just 100K!
It can't even pay my house rent. Olajumoke earns 10 times higher for just carrying a bread and photo bombing a picture, and for all my academic effort, 100K!
Naija, I dey hail o!
see requirements sef! on top 100K.
They can do better.

Mtcheeew.
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by Talk2bryant(m): 9:45pm On Feb 29, 2016
sukkot:
100k can buy lots of orijin though
When I thought have heard it all... you just made my day grin grin
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
MosquitoLaps:
Oya mek I rush go apply.
Robinhez Elantraceey Naijaboiy Blueto Ebayray Carlson001 Sylvalord et al. food don done o grin

modified:
It can't even pay my house rent. Olajumoke earns 10 times higher for just carrying a bread and photo bombing a picture, and for all my academic effort, 100K!
Naija, I dey hail o!
They can do better.

Mtcheeew.

Lmao cheesy.

Doh tongue.

Goan read for Admin Law tomorrow. wink
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by MosquitoLaps(m): 9:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
Ebayray:

Lmao cheesy.
Doh tongue.
grin I don taya to jack dat course abeg. Too many definitions to cram. my head wan tear
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 29, 2016
MosquitoLaps:
grin I don taya to jack dat course abeg. Too many definitions to cram. my head wan tear

Lolz, who send you message before na cheesy.
Doh...

Success in yo exams sha
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by naijaboiy: 4:49am On Mar 01, 2016
Ebayray:

Lmao cheesy.

Doh tongue.

Only you go sabi every faculty time table.

Wetin concern you with admin Law? grin
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 01, 2016
naijaboiy:
Only you go sabi every faculty time table.
Wetin concern you with admin Law? grin

Lolz, I nr blame you oo.
cheesy. He's doin Admin law na.
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 01, 2016
MosquitoLaps:
Oya mek I rush go apply.

modified:
Naija, I dey hail o!
They can do better.

Mtcheeew.
you just committed a fallacy of Death by A Thousand Qualifications smiley
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by naijaboiy: 12:57pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ebayray:

Lolz, I nr blame you oo.

cheesy.
He's doin Admin law na.
And wetin concern you inside? undecided

Information minister.
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by MosquitoLaps(m): 2:44pm On Mar 01, 2016
blueto:
you just committed a fallacy of Death by A Thousand Qualifications smiley
Argumentum ad what?
Ogbeni, if na GST bi ya problem, send me PM. My Philosophy and Logic textbook still new. grin
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 01, 2016
naijaboiy:
Information minister.

Lolz, he's my friend na.
Wetin be ur own jor. sad
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 01, 2016
MosquitoLaps:

Argumentum ad what?
Ogbeni, if na GST bi ya problem, send me PM. My Philosophy and Logic textbook still new. grin

Lmao grin grin grin grin.

*falls from bed.
Wat an epic reply cheesy
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by MosquitoLaps(m): 7:54pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ebayray:

Lmao grin grin grin grin.
*falls from bed. Wat an epic reply cheesy
Leave am mek him dey dia dey feel himself. grin
Re: Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholarship Essay Competition 2016 - Apply by MosquitoLaps(m): 7:56pm On Mar 01, 2016
naijaboiy:
Information minister.
tongue is it your information?

(1) (2) (Reply)

LASG Unveils EkoDigitalSchool, An Online School Platform For Students / Caritas University, Nike, Enugu / Strike: ASUU Denies Fresh Notice To Shut Down Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.