Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out (37767 Views)

"Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook / 5 Cool Things You Can Do On Whatsapp You Probably Didn't Know About / The Real Meaning Of 9mobile, Etisalat’s New Name – CEO Makes Revelation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Nsonaso(m): 3:12am On Mar 01, 2016
Nokia CEO ended his speech saying this “we didn’t do anything wrong, but somehow, we lost”.

During the press conference to announce NOKIA being acquired by Microsoft, Nokia CEO ended his speech saying this “we didn’t do anything wrong, but somehow, we lost”. Upon saying that, all his management team, himself included, teared sadly.

This is what happen when you place money first, not minding your reputation and how your customers will feel.

Nokia has been a respectable company who has enjoyed goodwill for a very long time in mobile phone manufacturing business. But everything changed when they partnered with Microsoft to run third party proprietary Plague Mobile OS (Windows Phone OS) instead of the ever fast growing open source Mobile OS (Google Android OS) on their devices.

The moral of the story is that there come a time when money should not be placed first but your reputation and that of your customers.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by ibkgab001: 3:24am On Mar 01, 2016
Laaaa
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Segadem(m): 5:03am On Mar 01, 2016
op, it's no about money ish, but they fail to meet the people's demand in a sky-rocket age in world of technology.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by bewla(m): 5:36am On Mar 01, 2016
I see a new world

1 Like

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by nanauju(f): 5:43am On Mar 01, 2016
Google Android is more diversified. I'll miss them though, Chai those days when I had a Nokia fone and because it had camera, I was feeling fly. grin Nokia don tey sha

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by skademzy(m): 6:10am On Mar 01, 2016
That is the wind of change blowing to their corner. Motivational speakers can now use their case as a reference point. Sorry for the CEO though

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 01, 2016
failure became imminent when they began to think about their product than than customer.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by ridwan4u(m): 6:59am On Mar 01, 2016
Your source. Good morning and Happy new month

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Tpave(m): 7:25am On Mar 01, 2016
I used to be a fan of Nokia because of durability and the battery lasts. The first mobile phone company that challenged them for long lasting battery was Tecno

They eventually died a natural death when Android was developed and they didn't join the Android crew
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 01, 2016
Nokia collapsed because they were too reluctant to adapt to changes thereby creating a dominant vacuum which was exploited by apple and cemented by Samsung. Apple came up with a better smartphone design, Samsung came with a revolutionary design and andriod , blackberry with BIS and BBM then Nokia was reluctant to react because of internal conflict of interests among shareholders.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by FlySly05: 7:30am On Mar 01, 2016
Pride they say begeth a fall. The management at Nokia had little vision and were do cocky they never saw it coming. The moral here is to never get too comfortable even with all the money in the works because change is the only constant.

2 Likes

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by fairheven: 7:41am On Mar 01, 2016
They simply failed to innovate.. And we're busy churning out phones every three months.

And it's like SAMSUNG didn't learn anything from that going the way they have been releasing phones like pure water
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by PMONEY6: 7:42am On Mar 01, 2016
I think the case of Nokia has to do with pride. I could remember when they were saying and I quote "how can we use such a cheap os (android) on our premium devices"? I watched it myself. But then android is here today doing the world proud. Samsung LG Sony HTC etc were nothing to write home about when it comes to phone making. But today we all can see everything that is happening. Nokia never saw it coming. Although if they could do away with their pride, a fresh start is possible..

9 Likes

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Okpueze1(m): 8:28am On Mar 01, 2016
My Nokia N8 I bought in 2012 is still waxing strong with the follow come battery. The pix quality is unbeatable! I love Nokia!

7 Likes

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by hatux: 8:33am On Mar 01, 2016
Na techno spoil market..

Happy new month Nairalanders....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by acenazt: 9:19am On Mar 01, 2016
I swear Samsung and the likes would hav been under Nokia if they had accepted Android. I believe they can still start over. Samsung is begining to monopolize the industry with their numerous releases. S,J,A,E,K,X,M,GRAND,CORE,MAX etc

2 Likes

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Nsonaso(m): 9:35am On Mar 01, 2016
Segadem:
op, it's no about money ish, but they fail to meet the people's demand in a sky-rocket age in world of technology.
If not for the money that was offered to them by Microsoft to partner with them, there would have embrace Android.

Then I personally sent them a message listing various Nokia phones I've used including their Serial numbers to justify my claims telling them the need to embrace Android that Android is the future (Which I believe other Nokia die hard fan did same) but they blatantly refused.

Because there never put their customers first nor value their reputation...

The money was huge because all other brands HTC, Samsung etc has tested Windows Phone OS and discovered it was a plague and they all left Windows phone OS in mortuary.

Microsoft knew Nokia goodwill that people must buy one's is Nokia and that's why they choose Nokia and finally ruined them

15 Likes

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by bobbykeen: 9:52am On Mar 01, 2016
[s][/s]baba God pls d person wet go collect jollof rice for my hand come give me garri.... make thunder fire am....

IJN.... AMEN

baba God pls d person wet go collect jollof rice for my hand come give me garri.... make thunder fire am....

IJN.... AMEN

baba God pls d person wet go collect jollof rice for my hand come give me garri.... make thunder fire am....

IJN.... AMEN

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Atlantian: 10:17am On Mar 01, 2016
The managing did something wrong and is now doing a greater harm by not seeing what they did wrong and insisting they did nothing wrong. Time and Space is everything in this life, it is the reason people are poor and others are rich.

Watch the waves, things come in vogue, you must follow. When R/B reigned, if you sing pop and got stuck on pop, you get broke and die. Mode9 continues with rap music when 'afro highlife' is reigning and still cant be rich.

Back to the issue. Android came on board the phonosphere and is opensource and free. What could Nokia lose in exchange for a modified Android ? Pride. They continue on their invented symbian etc and died with it. Now, why did they chose to go to windows instead of just embracing droid ? Cos they wanted a piece of Bill Gates pie, instead of leveraging on their assets. Same goes for the almighty blackberry.

My people, when a certain 'bisness' is making wave and turning people to millionaires and billionaires. Leave your comfort zone and join the new team. Its all about time and space and ofcourse cash money.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by wisdom191: 10:54am On Mar 01, 2016
Eya tongue
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Pharaoh94(m): 11:22am On Mar 01, 2016
Okpueze1:
My Nokia N8 I bought in 2012 is still waxing strong with the follow come battery. The pix quality is unbeatable! I love Nokia!
can I buy it from you
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 01, 2016
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by henrydadon(m): 12:02pm On Mar 01, 2016
how can they say they did not do anything wrong..when other phone where migrating to the android OS operating system..Nokia still dey experiment with java ...that was their downfall..then they started producing lumia which was using the Microsoft operating system that has limited application and games..we all know lumia was a big flop in the market..Samsung did the right thing by switching to the andriod operating system early ..now look at Samsung today they are balling..

3 Likes

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by autolearner: 12:02pm On Mar 01, 2016
RIP NOKIA
You Did Every Single Thing Wrong! You Embraced a Sinking Ship Hoping Your Brand Will Revive It & Will Cash Out In Triple Fold.
Alas, Omi Ti Eyin Wo Igbin Yin Lenu.

1 Like

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by nairaman66(m): 12:02pm On Mar 01, 2016
Realities of life!
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by Integrityfarms(m): 12:03pm On Mar 01, 2016
You lacked innovation that is competitive

1 Like

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by favour136: 12:04pm On Mar 01, 2016
wwhat a pity
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by orijintv(m): 12:04pm On Mar 01, 2016
You Still HEAD OF THE MOBILE FAMILY !!!! #AllNokiaSeriesWereHits

1 Like

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by ROCKHARDDK(m): 12:04pm On Mar 01, 2016
Oga 4get dat tin. U no dey hear sey Rich Man de talk who be the poor man wey sey him get idea uh? 4get na money 1st b4 customers interest O!

F*ck reputation 4where money dey flex
Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by MadCow1: 12:05pm On Mar 01, 2016
Yes they did something wrong..

They stopped making the Nokia 3310..

5 Likes

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by martineinstein(m): 12:06pm On Mar 01, 2016
Most hardware companies don't last..IBM, Nokia,Sony,HTC, blackberry etc are examples of falling/fallen hardware companies.... Apple is likely the next to fall

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Didn't Do Anything Wrong Nokia CEO Cries Out by donbrowser(m): 12:06pm On Mar 01, 2016
I patiently wait for the day Blackberry will lament like this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Samsung's 8K TV, Q800t (2020) Worth 2.5 Million Naira?! / How To Sign Unsigned Sis Files To Your S60v3 / VIDEO: Dubai’s Smart Trees Have Wifi And Can Charge Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.