Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,145 members, 7,807,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes (19977 Views)

Step-by-step Guide On How To Embed A Facebook Video In Wordpress / Step By Step Guide On Creating Facebook Phishing Site For Hacking / Contact A Website Cloning Expert (Pay after Service) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by jchima14: 9:00am On Mar 01, 2016
Being able to create a website for free is the dream of every small business on a really tight budget. However, it may seem like a daunting task if you don’t have prior knowledge of HTML (that is the web programming language used to create web pages). But don’t worry; you won’t even need to have any prior programming knowledge to be able to build your own site from scratch – and for free.

In this article, I’m going to teach you how to build your own website without spending a dime. Well, to make your website appear a bit more professional, you may have to purchase a unique domain name such as (www.yourcompanyname.com).

So let’s go straight to the tutorial.

Buy a domain name (skip this step if you really want to have a website for free without spending a dime):

After buying the domain name, you will have to head over straight to www.. The entire process is just in about five simple steps. It will take you maximum of 30 minutes since it is your first website. But for an experienced person like myself, I can design a wordpress website in just 10 minutes, yes it’s that simple.

Step 1

While on the wordpress platform, you can choose to create a “business website” OR “a blog” depending on what you want – for the purpose of this tutorial, select CREAT WEBSITE

free web1

Then select the category of industry your business website will be. I selected BUSINESS & SERVICES and then TECHNOLOGY & COMPUTING

Step 2

Pick A Template:

Here you will have to select a suitable template from hundreds of themes available.

create website with wordpress

Step 3

Select the domain name for your website. Here you have the option of choosing a domain name which will take the format

yourcompanyname. (100% FREE)

OR

Yourcompanyname.com (PAID - $18/yr i.e. about N5,000) – this is the only money you will spend.

website design free with wordpress

However, if you are using this website for a business, I would strongly advise you go for a paid unique domain name instead of the free one. This shows a higher level of professionalism and seriousness on your part.

If you previously own a domain name, you can link it to the wordpress plat from for just $13.

Step 4

Then enter your desired domain name. If the name is available, you will be able to claim it by clicking SELECT. If not, you would have to select another name. For this tutorial I’m going to select

webdesignnigeria. (FREE and AVAILABLE)

wordpress website design free

Step 5

Afterwards, select the free version and then you will be redirected to where you can enter your EMAIL ADDRESS, SELECT A USERNAME, PASSWORD and CREATE ACCOUNT

Voila!

You just created a website for free using wordpress.

Finally, you will then customize the website as it will be totally blank at this point. Create your new pages, Add menu items, etc. In my next article, I will be explaining how to customize a wordpress template to suite any type of website.

Now you can try the steps outlined above and get your first website online today.

SOURCE: http://ebrandpromotion.com/website-design-nigeria/index.php/blog/19-step-by-step-guide-on-how-to-create-a-website-for-free-in-10-minutes

24 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by Integrityfarms(m): 8:23am On Mar 02, 2016
Fully following
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by Freelancer007(m): 8:23am On Mar 02, 2016
Nice one cool
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by Adonis3: 8:25am On Mar 02, 2016
Princeo4all:
Sounds gud. Are sure ur not dt created dt domain where u can make ur own cash. Dis days nigerians r doing evryfin possible to make money in order to survive dis economic stress

kidding me??

You have never heard of wordpress

Even if it was the OP that created it

Is anything wrong in it, as long as it renders the service to your satisfaction

Nawa oo

#Adonis3HasSopken

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by timidapsin(m): 8:26am On Mar 02, 2016
Video or I don't believe undecided
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by lekankolade(m): 8:26am On Mar 02, 2016
nice work, pls explain more on how to buy domain name
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by amsad19(m): 8:26am On Mar 02, 2016
Nice following
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by ITSaWRAPPP: 8:27am On Mar 02, 2016
Thanks for sharing
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by NairaMoneyng: 8:27am On Mar 02, 2016
make sense
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 02, 2016
I WAS HERE
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by JhyMedex: 8:28am On Mar 02, 2016
Grabs Mat.... Oya Op u were saying?... grin
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by vipez(f): 8:29am On Mar 02, 2016
if you get to a stage and you don't get it, you can holla at me or you want you pc view to be different from your mobile view.
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by Unkl(m): 8:29am On Mar 02, 2016
ok
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by lennywillz: 8:30am On Mar 02, 2016
been looking for something like this
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 02, 2016
Following !
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by pabjo: 8:31am On Mar 02, 2016
timidapsin:
Video or I don't believe undecided
. who cares

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by oemmanuel: 8:31am On Mar 02, 2016
Can the free website (something.) be upgraded to customized (if I decided to make payment afterwards) one later?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by sundoj08(m): 8:33am On Mar 02, 2016
Cool.
Definitely a breather from the snakes that have been roaming fp lately
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by timidapsin(m): 8:34am On Mar 02, 2016
pabjo:
. who cares
you undecided
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 02, 2016
Following
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by mgbedianya(m): 8:37am On Mar 02, 2016
Interesting!
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by Princeo4all: 8:38am On Mar 02, 2016
Sounds gud. Are sure ur not dt created dt domain where u can make ur own cash. Dis days nigerians r doing evryfin possible to make money in order to survive dis economic stress
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by Goridoe(m): 8:39am On Mar 02, 2016
jchima14:
Being able to create a website for free is the dream of every small business on a really tight budget. However, it may seem like a daunting task if you don’t have prior knowledge of HTML (that is the web programming language used to create web pages). But don’t worry; you won’t even need to have any prior programming knowledge to be able to build your own site from scratch – and for free.

In this article, I’m going to teach you how to build your own website without spending a dime. Well, to make your website appear a bit more professional, you may have to purchase a unique domain name such as (www.yourcompanyname.com).

So let’s go straight to the tutorial.

Buy a domain name (skip this step if you really want to have a website for free without spending a dime):

After buying the domain name, you will have to head over straight to www.. The entire process is just in about five simple steps. It will take you maximum of 30 minutes since it is your first website. But for an experienced person like myself, I can design a wordpress website in just 10 minutes, yes it’s that simple.

Step 1

While on the wordpress platform, you can choose to create a “business website” OR “a blog” depending on what you want – for the purpose of this tutorial, select CREAT WEBSITE

free web1

Then select the category of industry your business website will be. I selected BUSINESS & SERVICES and then TECHNOLOGY & COMPUTING

Step 2

Pick A Template:

Here you will have to select a suitable template from hundreds of themes available.

create website with wordpress

Step 3

Select the domain name for your website. Here you have the option of choosing a domain name which will take the format

yourcompanyname. (100% FREE)

OR

Yourcompanyname.com (PAID - $18/yr i.e. about N5,000) – this is the only money you will spend.

website design free with wordpress

However, if you are using this website for a business, I would strongly advise you go for a paid unique domain name instead of the free one. This shows a higher level of professionalism and seriousness on your part.

If you previously own a domain name, you can link it to the wordpress plat from for just $13.

Step 4

Then enter your desired domain name. If the name is available, you will be able to claim it by clicking SELECT. If not, you would have to select another name. For this tutorial I’m going to select

webdesignnigeria. (FREE and AVAILABLE)

wordpress website design free

Step 5

Afterwards, select the free version and then you will be redirected to where you can enter your EMAIL ADDRESS, SELECT A USERNAME, PASSWORD and CREATE ACCOUNT

Voila!

You just created a website for free using wordpress.

Finally, you will then customize the website as it will be totally blank at this point. Create your new pages, Add menu items, etc. In my next article, I will be explaining how to customize a wordpress template to suite any type of website.

Now you can try the steps outlined above and get your first website online today.

SOURCE: http://ebrandpromotion.com/website-design-nigeria/index.php/blog/19-step-by-step-guide-on-how-to-create-a-website-for-free-in-10-minutes

OP mind doing bizz with me? abeg pm me make we yarn...
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 02, 2016
what if I want to extend the year to five years?
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by MeloGist(m): 8:43am On Mar 02, 2016
oemmanuel:
Can the free website (something.) be upgraded to customized (if I decided to make payment afterwards) one later?

Thanks

yes it can after payment is made, but i recommend you using blogger platform, it free

1 Like

Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by Mostwanted7: 8:47am On Mar 02, 2016
Ffg
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 02, 2016
Spoiling business for our 30k per website designers oh
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by lumeneng22: 9:11am On Mar 02, 2016
Tot there is something like fantastic deluxe and cpanrl?
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by vicstar(m): 9:14am On Mar 02, 2016
fascinating embarassed
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by meemeee: 9:14am On Mar 02, 2016
Aiit
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by fxstory(m): 9:25am On Mar 02, 2016
not bad
Re: Step-by-step Guide On How To Create A Website For Free In 10 Minutes by aliscomonaj: 9:29am On Mar 02, 2016
You called a website or blog? There is more to website than that my brother. That is a blog.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Post Your .com Website Here For Review, Traffic And Follow / Supreme Court Of Nigeria Website Hacked!!! / What Do You Mostly Do Online?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.