Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,287 members, 7,780,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:45 PM

Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? (6052 Views)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Infiniti FX? / UBER Driving: Analyzing The Pros And The Cons, All You Need To Know / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Buying Your Car From Cotonou (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by waikiki(m): 11:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
i need full details and i'd like to know which year's make i should go for, what i should look out for when buying and consequently, using it.

P.S my first car
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by Bisjosh(f): 11:42pm On Mar 01, 2016
Following
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 02, 2016
The ground clearance is very low pending d kinda road we do have in Naija.

If your a civil servant know that it doesn't look official u rather go for the LE which looks official.

My two pence though
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by silverwolf(m): 12:58am On Mar 02, 2016
Nice car, fuel consumption is low, easy to maintain, relatively cheap, V4 engine, all round nice.... but low ground clearance not as prestigious as cars in its cadre... but u wll enjoy it n has good 2nd hand value wen u want to sell
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by Lexusgs430: 1:05am On Mar 02, 2016
silverwolf:
Nice car, fuel consumption is low, easy to maintain, relatively cheap, V4 engine, all round nice.... but low ground clearance not as prestigious as cars in its cadre... but u wll enjoy it n has good 2nd hand value wen u want to sell

Not also forgetting, you are not the only one loving it, thieves also love them best!!!
NB: Buy it and also budget for a tracker!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by silverwolf(m): 1:56am On Mar 02, 2016
Like how much is a tracker?
Lexusgs430:

Not also forgetting, you are not the only one loving it, thieves also love them best!!!
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by Lexusgs430: 2:03am On Mar 02, 2016
silverwolf:
Like how much is a tracker?
Lovalt15 over to you. Seems it's about 30k. Speak to Lovalt15.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by Nobody: 2:51am On Mar 02, 2016
It's a very nice, lovely car, and very fast, that's what I use, u won't regret it...
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by waikiki(m): 8:28am On Mar 02, 2016
thanks sir
ugolance:
The ground clearance is very low pending d kinda road we do have in Naija.

If your a civil servant know that it doesn't look official u rather go for the LE which looks official.

My two pence though
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by waikiki(m): 8:29am On Mar 02, 2016
nice
silverwolf:
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by waikiki(m): 8:30am On Mar 02, 2016
lool noted! i shan't forget this
Lexusgs430:

Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by waikiki(m): 8:31am On Mar 02, 2016
appreciate
Raymondenyi:
It's a very nice, lovely car, and very fast, that's what I use, u won't regret it...
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by honmusa(m): 2:15pm On Mar 02, 2016
waikiki:
lool noted! i shan't forget this
I will advice you don't go for anyhow tracker cos most of the cheaper tracker signal around can be easily jammed/arrested with a simple frequency jamming device.
Go for Tramigo T23,tramigo has inbulit anti Jamming features .Tramigo is the only Tracker approved by NCC in Nigeria.( https://www.tramigo.net/news.asp?NewsID=123.)

Contact autologic @ 08061166316 for sale and installation of Tramigo T23 tracker .
https://www.nairaland.com/2241307/bonanza-tramigo-t23-car-tracker#32432900
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 02, 2016
@Lexus thanks for your recommendation. It 30k both tracker devices and installation with GPS/SMS/GPRS enabled. Contact 08144758217
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 02, 2016
@ Mr honmusa because you want to divert the customer to yourself, you're trying to condemned another person products and Brand. Topten tracker is best

Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 02, 2016
Raymondenyi:

It's an economy car, cheap and fairly capable. Parts are cheap and easy to get hold of, maintenance is easy too.

But very fast? Come on man! I wouldn't even call a Corolla fast. It's just okay. Quicker than a Kia Picanto, but definitely not what I would term fast.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by Nobody: 2:02am On Mar 03, 2016
Siena:

It's an economy car, cheap and fairly capable. Parts are cheap and easy to get hold of, maintenance is easy too.

But very fast? Come on man! I wouldn't even call a Corolla fast. It's just okay. Quicker than a Kia Picanto, but definitely not what I would term fast.
I don't know for you sir, but for me, mine is..... do not forget, the non -doctored sports vehicles (with same sports engine) are generally faster than the non sports versions... I tell you my own observation..... I'm not into cars per say, but my little observation...
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by kingreign(m): 7:03am On Mar 03, 2016
Raymondenyi:

Corolla very fast? embarassed
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by kingreign(m): 7:05am On Mar 03, 2016
Lovalt15:
@ Mr honmusa because you want to divert the customer to yourself, you're trying to condemned another person products and Brand. Topten tracker is best
Tramigo t23 is approved by NCC. thid is not about musa draggijg customer to himself. Its a great tracking device without any subscription plan
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 03, 2016
Raymondenyi:
I don't know for you sir, but for me, mine is..... do not forget, the non -doctored sports vehicles (with same sports engine) are generally faster than the non sports versions... I tell you my own observation..... I'm not into cars per say, but my little observation...

What engine does the Corolla Sport have bro?
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by nurey(m): 8:43am On Mar 03, 2016
Raymondenyi:

I don't agree with you that a corolla is fast though, I have driven the 2003-2007 edition a 2006 LE to be precise. During one of my long journey at the lokoja to Abuja express, which to me is the most "teh" (sorry for the yoruba) road I have ever plied. The same corolla couldn't shake my 1.5L engine nissan almera on the stretch to abuja and the driver was speeding like hell was about to break lose.
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by swaggerkid(m): 9:48am On Mar 03, 2016
Siena:

What engine does the Corolla Sport have bro?
Don't mind that guy
The corolla s/le/ce shares everything including the same engine
Sport only has a different suspension body kits and instrument cluster.
The corolla xrs is somethinh different .
But corolla s is just the normal 1.8l in the other trims too
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by kingreign(m): 10:23am On Mar 03, 2016
nurey:

I don't agree with you that a corolla is fast though, I have driven the 2003-2007 edition a 2006 LE to be precise. During one of my long journey at the lokoja to Abuja express, which to me is the most "teh" (sorry for the yoruba) road I have ever plied. The same corolla couldn't shake my 1.5L engine nissan almera on the stretch to abuja and the driver was speeding like hell was about to break lose.

A 1.8 corolla vs your 1.2 micra?
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 03, 2016
swaggerkid:

Don't mind that guy
The corolla s/le/ce shares everything including the same engine
Sport only has a different suspension body kits and instrument cluster.
The corolla xrs is somethinh different .
But corolla s is just the normal 1.8l in the other trims too

I guessed as much.

The only Corolla that are fairly quick are the T Sport and T Sport Kompressor.
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by spicytayomic(m): 10:36am On Mar 03, 2016
honmusa:

I will advice you don't go for anyhow tracker cos most of the cheaper tracker signal around can be easily jammed/arrested with a simple frequency jamming device.
Go for Tramigo T23,tramigo has inbulit anti Jamming features .Tramigo is the only Tracker approved by NCC in Nigeria.( https://www.tramigo.net/news.asp?NewsID=123.)

Contact autologic @ 08061166316 for sale and installation of Tramigo T23 tracker .
https://www.nairaland.com/2241307/bonanza-tramigo-t23-car-tracker#32432900

what is the cost ?
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by Readonee35L(m): 11:23am On Mar 03, 2016
Siena:

I guessed as much.

The only Corolla that are fairly quick are the T Sport and T Sport Kompressor.
The Xrs has up to 185Hp
as to the regular 130hp
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by honmusa(m): 11:37am On Mar 03, 2016
spicytayomic:

what is the cost ?
cost is 45k for tramigo T23 fleet version and 40k for Tramigo track
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by nurey(m): 11:57am On Mar 03, 2016
kingreign:

A 1.8 corolla vs your 1.2 micra?

Even you know it's not about the hp only, the corolla 1.8 can have a bigger engine and hp, but the almera is smaller, lighter and a manual. The corolla is auto, I have a slight advantage. The corolla is ok but should not be categorised as fast.

I have also dusted a 08-12 corolla on the abeokuta-lagos old road with a V8 powered heavy full sized SUV
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by kingreign(m): 12:06pm On Mar 03, 2016
nurey:

Even you know it's not about the hp only, the corolla 1.8 can have a bigger engine and hp, but the almera is smaller, lighter and a manual. The corolla is auto, I have a slight advantage. The corolla is ok but should not be categorised as fast.

I have also dusted a 08-12 corolla on the abeokuta-lagos old road with a V8 powered heavy full sized SUV

Your micra CANNOT be faster than a corolla grin

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by nurey(m): 12:35pm On Mar 03, 2016
kingreign:

Your micra CANNOT be faster than a corolla grin

You don't know the 0-60mph of my micra, yet you supposedly believe it isn't faster than an ordinary sachet water corolla grin
Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by kingreign(m): 12:39pm On Mar 03, 2016
nurey:

You don't know the 0-60mph of my micra, yet you supposedly believe it isn't faster than an ordinary sachet water corolla grin

Your nissan bicycle is 0-60 of 3hrs

6 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Buying A Corolla Sport. What Are The Pros And Cons? by nurey(m): 1:07pm On Mar 03, 2016
kingreign:

Your nissan bicycle is 0-60 of 3hrs

How much is toyota paying you to discredit
their rival tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vehicle Registration With No Engine Number / FREE Automotive Programs Coming Soon To Carquest, Mr Transmission-Milex / 24,000 Polaris Slingshots Recalled Due To Seat Belt And Seat Slider Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.