Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern (28512 Views)

JAMB Releases Most Sought-after Universities In Nigeria (check Details) / JAMB Releases 2017 UTME Results For Second Batch / JAMB Releases 57,000 Results Of The Saturday UTME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by adiguns3(m): 8:08am On Mar 02, 2016
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Tuesday released results of 200,000 candidates who had written the examination even as the test continued.

The Registrar/Chief Executive Officer of JAMB, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, disclosed this during the monitoring of the exercise in Abuja and its environs.

He explained that over 200,000 candidates’ results had been released since the examination commenced on Saturday.

Ojerinde spoke just as the Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, expressed concern over the plight and difficulties faced by non-computer literate students sitting for the examination.

The minister expressed his reservation when he visited some centres in the FCT to monitor the on-going Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) being conducted by JAMB.

Adamu, however, said though he was satisfied with the conduct of the CBT mode of the examination, he was glad the board had addressed most of his concerns and other Nigerians.

He said: “I seem to be very comfortable and happy with what they are doing. But my question has not been answered; that there may be people who are not computer literate, so, what do you do with them. I do not have reservation about CBT but I have sympathy for those who are not computer literate and there are many of them.”

Notwithstanding the minister’s reservation, Ojerinde urged candidates who had sat for the examination to visit the JAMB’s website and check their respective results.

According to him, “More than one million, eight hundred and fifty thousand candidates applied to take the examination nationwide in 2016.

“The figures however recorded a slight increase of 113,673 candidates who applied for the examination in 2015.”

JAMB kick-started full Computer Based Testing (CBT) in 2014 after eliminating the Paper Pencil Testing (PPT) system within that same period.

Prof. Ojerinde further informed journalists that government had reached out to the National Communications Commission (NCC) to produce at least four new CBT centres annually.

“National Communications Commission has been mandated to give us at least four centres every year. Meanwhile, the first four are fully completed, the next four would soon be built and with time every nook and crannies of the country will have functional CBT centres,” Ojerinde said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/03/02/jamb-releases-200000-results-as-minister-expresses-concern/

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by firstking01(m): 8:30am On Mar 02, 2016
Jamb should be scraped...this same jamb kept me @home for 4years and plus before i gained admissionundecided...look @the way students are failing jamb because of poor way of conducting the cbt, in most cases the system breaks down in the middle of the exam leaving the candidates helplessundecided..

I 've said it before and i'd repeat it again...they should scrap jamb, any student that wants admission should go to the institution of his or her choice and obtain their customized form, write their entry exam, if he or she passes then the school should admit the person, if he or she fails, the student should wait for next year, or berra still apply for supplementary in that same schoolundecided

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 8:37am On Mar 02, 2016
TRUE!! grin
Am so happy!!
First time writting jamb nd i scored 215

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by Georeal: 9:06am On Mar 02, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:
TRUE!! grin Am so happy!! First time writting jamb nd i scored 215
pls did u buy a new scratch card to check ur result?
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by Ramwab94(m): 9:28am On Mar 02, 2016
Jamb Examinations? Common, the talk is straight!! The reason is well-known!! Scrap Jamb and Nigerian Students Life will Never be the same again. #OPERATIONSCRAPJAMB!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by NaijaCuzin: 9:32am On Mar 02, 2016
Abeg who write e Jamb this year and e neva recieve alert
..Raise up you hand sad

1 Like

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 9:37am On Mar 02, 2016
Georeal:

pls did u buy a new scratch card to check ur result?

No, I went 2 dier result checking site, typed my reg. Number, and i saw my result with my phone.
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by emryxleena(m): 9:52am On Mar 02, 2016
NaijaCuzin:
..Raise up you hand sad

me..wrote mine yesterday sha
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by Anuoluwapo23(f): 10:38am On Mar 02, 2016
HOW WAS IT~?
emryxleena:

me..wrote mine yesterday sha
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by Georeal: 11:33am On Mar 02, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:

No, I went 2 dier result checking site, typed my reg. Number, and i saw my result with my phone.
pls help me paste the site here or help me check "65141641AH" then screenshot it. tnk uuuuuuuuuuuuu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by porrigeyam(m): 11:45am On Mar 02, 2016
Georeal:

pls help me paste the site here or help me check "65141641AH" then screenshot it. tnk uuuuuuuuuuuuu
205 congrat

7 Likes

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by porrigeyam(m): 11:47am On Mar 02, 2016
Georeal:

give me your email lemme send it to your email for u
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by porrigeyam(m): 11:51am On Mar 02, 2016
Georeal:

cheesy cheesy congrat

1 Like

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by tosyne2much(m): 11:53am On Mar 02, 2016
firstking01:
Jamb should be scraped...this same jamb kept me @home for 4years and plus before i gained admissionundecided...look @the way students are failing jamb because of poor way of conducting the cbt, in most cases the system breaks down in the middle of the exam leaving the candidates helplessundecided..

I 've said it before and i'd repeat...they should scrap jamb, any student that wants admission should go to the institution of his or her choice and obtain their customized form, write their entry exam, if he or she passes then the school should admit the person, if he or she fails, the student should wait for next year.
Bro, in as much as I'm inclined to agree with you that JAMB is now a determinant of people's dreams.

On the contrary, without JAMB, admission will be on the basis of highest bidder and "somebody knows somebody".. However, the system will be so manipulated that only those who have connections will be admitted while those who know nobody have little chances of being admitted, or perhaps, have no chance at all

It will also be a sort of avenue for extortion whereby applicants will be advised to enrol for their exams when they know that the school does not have the capacity to admit them.. In fact, the post UME of many institutions will escalate to minimum of N10, 000

I think the purpose of JAMB Is to regulate the number of applicants every year. Imagine a situation when JAMB is scrapped giving every student an opportunity to apply for his/her choice of institution, the whole system will be congested, corrupted and messed up; admission will no longer me based on merit

I think JAMB is still the best method to control and curb the population of applicants since we have few schools that cannot habour the increasing number of applicants every year

Lastly, aside JAMB being an exam body, do you have an idea of how much is generated annually from applicants ? They certainly will not scrap it bro

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by emryxleena(m): 12:03pm On Mar 02, 2016
Anuoluwapo23:
HOW WAS IT~?
Im yet to receive my result alert
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by firstking01(m): 12:13pm On Mar 02, 2016
tosyne2much:
Bro, I think the purpose of JAMB Is to regulate the number of applicants every year. Imagine a situation when JAMB is scrapped giving every student an opportunity to apply for his/her choice of institution, the whole system will be congested, corrupted and messed up because of mass population

I think JAMB is still the best method to control the population of students since we have few schools that can't habour the increasing number of applicants every year
my brother na lie...the school you are applying for will have maximum of the candidates they want for that session with regards to their respective departments, think about this....

Moreso, do you know how much some people have spent in this jamb alone?, not to talk of appt test?...which country in the world running tertiary education does thatundecided?, that you have to write jamb, write postume?...this is why most parents send their children to study abroad,,,

Talking about congestion, do you have an idea of how many higher institution we have in one state in nigeriaundecided, tosyn, i know ekiti have up to five...this issue is undebatable my brother...you talk like say you never see worst things as a student...abegi, make them scrap amundecided

4 Likes

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by tosyne2much(m): 12:18pm On Mar 02, 2016
[
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by johnwizey: 12:24pm On Mar 02, 2016
tosyne2much:
Aside JAMB regulating the number of applicants every year, do also you know how much Federal govt makes every year from applicants ? They certainly will not scrap it bro
Dey cant even scrap it

1 Like

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by tosyne2much(m): 12:27pm On Mar 02, 2016
johnwizey:
Dey cant even scrap it
I'm glad you subscribed to my point

1 Like

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by firstking01(m): 12:38pm On Mar 02, 2016
tosyne2much:
Aside JAMB regulating the number of applicants every year, do also you know how much Federal govt makes every year from applicants ? They certainly will not scrap it bro
that's just my point, they are after their pockets to our detrimentation...seriously, i'm fed up with this country called nigeriaundecided....why can't we live without corruption....the sight of corruption makes me sicksad
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by SenatePresdo(m): 1:11pm On Mar 02, 2016
NaijaCuzin:
..Raise up you hand sad
same here bro, Haven't received any sms from jamb.

Have you checked online and saw it?
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by jmichlins(m): 1:26pm On Mar 02, 2016
I think that government should scrap both jamb and nysc. In place of them should be mandatory three years skill and technical education during which you get the skills in two years and you get employed by a firm to work for a year and be paid. This way the number of people seeking admission into the university and population of unemployed youths will greatly reduce cause many of the people will set themselves up and employ others. With the number of job seekers around time may come when you beat a thief and people will warn you to provide job for him or stop beating him

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by peterniz: 1:34pm On Mar 02, 2016
na so
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 02, 2016
I dont think jamb exam should be continued, its a waste of resources.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by Integrityfarms(m): 1:35pm On Mar 02, 2016
firstking01:

I 've said it before and i'd repeat...they should scrap jamb, any student that wants admission should go to the institution of his or her choice and obtain their customized form, write their entry exam, if he or she passes then the school should admit the person, if he or she fails, the student should wait for next year.

Without JAMB University Admission will be to the highest bidder. Post UTME is an eye opener

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by boboLIL(m): 1:35pm On Mar 02, 2016
This group is frustrating us oh..... They need to be scrapped..
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by MoneypassGod(m): 1:36pm On Mar 02, 2016
akpos: meeehn jamb fall ma hand again

Rukewe: wetin hapen na i think say u smash d exam

Akpos: no mind those jamb pple, na 112 dem give me. I no fit even gain admission enter poly.

Rukewe: wel u get luck jamb dey dash pple extra 40 marks, go check ur result again. Add d 40 marks ur score go reach 152.

Akpos: guy i don already add the 40 marks....

5 Likes

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by nazoluv: 1:37pm On Mar 02, 2016
How To Check your JAMB Result online yourself. 2016 JAMB UTME result will be sent to candidate’s phone 30 minutes after exam and would be available online within the period of 24 hours.

The Joint Admission and Matriculations Board (JAMB) has announced that the results of Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) will be available 30 minutes after leaving the hall.

Meaning that candidates that participated in the JAMB CBT exam will get a graphical result sent to their mobile phones 30 minutes after leaving the examination hall, while the specific scores will be released within the period of four days.

To access your 2016 JAMB UTME Results kindly follow the steps outlined below.

Steps On How to Check 2016 JAMB UTME CBT Results Online.

Note: You will only be able to check your result after the exam.

1. Go to JAMB result checking portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/unifiedtme3/.

2. Enter your registration number where required,

3. Finally, click on ‘Check Result’ to access your UTME score.
For more information and assistance call O8O34O44763.
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by callmeSwit(m): 1:37pm On Mar 02, 2016
o ..kill dem
Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by fairheven: 1:38pm On Mar 02, 2016
Those who are not computer literate should buckle up..change is inevitable.

Let's not stop the wheels of progress

1 Like

Re: JAMB Releases 200,000 Results As Minister Expresses Concern by repogirl(f): 1:39pm On Mar 02, 2016
They should not be deceiving themselves that it all went well and good. There are numerous complaints on how this year's testing went.

JAMB needs to listen and make changes and corrections where needed, so that they don't keep enforcing extra years on Students who have prepared well for exams due to their own negligence.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How The Most Intelligent Student In My Secondary School Days Defrauded A Bank / Delta State University In Pictures / Which Good Course Can A Science Student Study In The University Without Physics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.