Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,598 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness (8410 Views)

EFCC Reveals How Suswam, Okolobia Looted Benue / Alleged N3.1bn Fraud: How Suswan Hijacked Proceeds Of Benue Shares- Witness / Yemisi Suswam Escapes Mob Action In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by lolaxavier(m): 6:31am On Mar 03, 2016
Aluyi Victor, Portfolio Manager of Elixir Investment Partners Limited, a brokerage firm, testifying at the on-going trial of a former governor of Benue State, Gabriel Suswam, and his Commissioner of Finance, Omadachi Okolobia, on March 2, 2016 told Justice A. R. Mohammed of the Federal High Court, Abuja, that the company was given oral instruction to sell shares belonging to the state.

According to him, sales of the Benue State-owned shares yielded N9,411,078,000.61.

Led in evidence by the prosecuting counsel, Rotimi Jacobs, SAN, he told the court that sometime in January 2014, the company made a presentation to the state’s executive on the need “to consolidate its financial assets in order for it to be properly managed for optimal returns”.

He said, “Elixir got a verbal instruction from the former commissioner to consolidate the shares from various stock brokering houses, which was valued at about N25.5 billion and made up predominantly of Dangote Cement and Julius Berger shares.”

He told the court that the instruction from Okolobia was handed down to the managing director of the company, ordering that the money made from the sales be paid into three different bank accounts.

Based on the instruction, a total of N1 billion was paid to Benue Investment and Property Company Limited, and N5.3 billion to Benue State Ministry of Finance.

He added that a third payment of N3,111,008,018.51 being part of the money made from the sale of the shares, was credited into the Zenith Bank account of Fanffash Resources, a bureau de change firm owned by Abubakar Umar.

A written instruction for the remittance of the proceeds from the sale of shares had already been presented before the court at a previous sitting, and admitted as evidence against the defendants.

He said, “At the point of making payment we however realised that there was no name of Fanffash Resources on the written instruction and we made the observation that the account does not belong to Benue State government or Benue State Ministry of Finance.”

He further noted that another 24 million shares of Dangote Cement was sold in order to mitigate the risk of a substantial drop in the value of the portfolio and a total of N3.7 billion was realised as they had gotten a written instruction to raise N10 billion for the state.

The letter for the instruction to raise N10 billion, and authority to sell block trade at the discount of 15 percent in the stock market were admitted as evidence.

Also accepted as evidence were the certified true copies of the letters of instruction acknowledged by the bank, and forwarded to the company.

Justice Mohammed, thereafter, adjourned to March 22, 2016 for continuation of trial.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/02/how-suswam-instructed-me-to-sell-benue-shares-witness/

Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by Redoil: 6:42am On Mar 03, 2016
Mumu people and their apc lie lie mentality. In best practice Oral instruction is never accepted world over when it come to mandate to sell and buy share. Any dull lawyer who has never been to court will easily win this case for suswan. If you know apc members are as dull as their leader click like. If you know apc are member in nairaland are duller than their leader click share.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by olaolayink(m): 6:47am On Mar 03, 2016
all the money wey u na dey share,God will judge you all and you will never know peace.how can someone has more than 12b worth of cash n properties...he wan use am for earth n heaven?Abi e dey try build empire for hell....prosperity will judge Dem all

2 Likes

Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by Siberia101: 6:58am On Mar 03, 2016
Redoil:
Mumu people and their apc lie lie mentality. In best practice Oral instruction is never accepted world over when it come to mandate to sell and buy share. Any dull lawyer who has never been to court will easily win this case for suswan. If you know apc members are as dull as their leader click like. If you know apc are member in nairaland are duller than their leader click share.

Go and sleep brother leave Benue politics for the Tivs you don't know anything about this. well here in Nairaland I understand Parties pay youths to defend them at all cost.

It's not an APC/PDP thing, it remains if the shares were actually sold and money used in developing Benue...

Go to Benue to see how under-developed it is. The state can only boast of a medical School by George Akume and Hotels/Beer parlours everywhere.

I'm just making common sense. lol, Good morning

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by a4jasper(m): 7:02am On Mar 03, 2016
Siberia101:

Go and sleep brother leave Benue politics for the Tivs you don't know anything about this. well here in Nairaland I understand Parties pay youths to defend them at all cost.

It's not an APC/PDP thing, it remains if the shares were actually sold and money used in developing Benue...

Go to Benue to see how under-developed it is. The state can only boast of a medical School by George Akume and Hotels/Beer parlours everywhere.

Abi O U dey mind dat wailing buffoon......Shameless jejunes

14 Likes

Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by Redoil: 7:13am On Mar 03, 2016
Siberia101:

whatever may rock ur boat just note that oral instrution is never allow when it comes to mandate to buy and sell share. Even efcc will never toe such part.

1 Like

Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by Redoil: 7:16am On Mar 03, 2016
a4jasper:

Abi O U dey mind dat wailing buffoon......Shameless jejunes
only zombies of the highest order will never know that it is foolishess of the highest order to accept oral mandate to sell and buy shares.

1 Like

Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by Siberia101: 7:16am On Mar 03, 2016
Redoil:
whatever may rock ur boat just note that oral instrution is never allow when it comes to mandate to buy and sell share. Even efcc will never toe such part.

Was it sold or Not A Company can buy a state government shares without the intention of the state governor/government to sell

2 Likes

Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by Redoil: 7:22am On Mar 03, 2016
Siberia101:

Was it sold or Not A Company can buy a state government shares without the intention of the state governor/government to sell
where is the written mandate to sell the shares if their is any let them provide it then suswan will vomit the money. If you must nail a man nail him properly

1 Like

Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by yaqq: 7:33am On Mar 03, 2016
Redoil:
****we re talking about d most corrupt governor of all time in Nigeria history n u re here. talking trash

14 Likes

Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by Redoil: 7:37am On Mar 03, 2016
yaqq:
ur stupidity Ehh aswear he no get part 2! we re talking about d most corrupt governor of all time in Nigeria history n u re here. talking trash
show me or the court any written mandate to sell the share even if is a forge one or any nepa bill i will then joing you in killing him
Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by yaqq: 7:41am On Mar 03, 2016
Redoil:
show me or the court any written mandate to sell the share even if is a forge one or any nepa bill i will then joing you in killing him
re u from benue? jst wait n c! his case wll b worse than that of James Ibori! Mark my word, he ll b sent 2 jail soon, jstt wait let buhari finish wt d federal agencies

1 Like

Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by Redoil: 7:46am On Mar 03, 2016
yaqq:
re u from benue? jst wait n c! his case wll b worse than that of James Ibori! Mark my word, he ll b sent 2 jail soon, jstt wait let buhari finish wt d federal agencies
guy why u come dull like this
Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by MadCow1: 8:25am On Mar 03, 2016
shocked
Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by efilefun(m): 8:25am On Mar 03, 2016
Hmmm
Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by Generalkorex(m): 8:26am On Mar 03, 2016
Na wa o
no wonder the state no develop
Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by ORACLE1975(m): 8:27am On Mar 03, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by GJames(m): 8:27am On Mar 03, 2016
My comment is not needed here. Off I go
Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by demarc001: 8:32am On Mar 03, 2016
Accusations everywhere, sincerely if real check is done on every government in Nigeria, not will escape indictment in one form of corruption. The systems have many loopholes.
Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by efilefun(m): 8:35am On Mar 03, 2016
Redoil:
Did you miss this part or you just decided to ignore it cuz of likes you expecting from ur fellow apologists??

Also accepted as evidence were the certified true copies of the letters of instruction acknowledged by the bank, and forwarded to the company.
Moreover do you think every naira moved from one account to the other ain't traceable

9 Likes

Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by mayweather2020: 8:43am On Mar 03, 2016
Redoil:
I dont need to clikc any for slowpoke brains like yours..We all know that pipu like can celebrate looters to the core.If am to check my very well Ipod brain is causing u all backwardness thinking..Areal man will condemn wat is wrong but all ipods will keep supporting..Wike bought car worth 300million yet u all say is propaganda no wonder all ipods defaeces will neva stop smelling...Yeye pipu living on planets..Am fucking ready for you all ipods that speaks with no sense..Oko iya yin ni moje..come and let me fire u kalashinovs..

4 Likes

Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by a4jasper(m): 8:44am On Mar 03, 2016
Redoil:
only zombies of the highest order will never know that it is foolishess of the highest order to accept oral mandate to sell and buy shares.
Na 2day politicians don dey shelve due process?...u r just been petty....pvnk
Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by saintkel(m): 8:53am On Mar 03, 2016
mayweather2020:
I dont need to clikc any for slowpoke brains like yours..We all know that pipu like can celebrate looters to the core.If am to check my very well Ipod brain is causing u all backwardness thinking..Areal man will condemn wat is wrong but all ipods will keep supporting..Wike bought car worth 300million yet u all say is propaganda no wonder all ipods defaeces will neva stop smelling...Yeye pipu living on planets..Am fucking ready for you all ipods that speaks with no sense..Oko iya yin ni moje..come and let me fire u kalashinovs..
What has Ipod gat to do with benue state? U sure say some screws r not loosed?

1 Like

Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by Redoil: 9:04am On Mar 03, 2016
mayweather2020:
sory for u i am not ipad or ipog i am from kogi ebira.

1 Like

Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by mayweather2020: 9:18am On Mar 03, 2016
saintkel:
What has Ipod gat to do with benue state? U sure say some screws r not loosed?
Na ur head need some screw cos u ve lost some important nuts that can fix ur brain very well..
Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by Charly68: 9:19am On Mar 03, 2016
Hooligans & greedy men men in power.. They sold the common wealth of the people forgetting the God of justice & vengeance..he that sowed the wind shall surely reap the whirl wind .
Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by saintkel(m): 9:28am On Mar 03, 2016
mayweather2020:
Na ur head need some screw cos u ve lost some important nuts that can fix ur brain very well..
Ok now
Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by Desammyst(m): 9:43am On Mar 03, 2016
Suswam is the most corrupt governor of Benue state. During his time, there was no money, no security, no infrastructure, etc... If u go to Benue naw, especially in Makurdi(State capital), u won't find anything more than Hotels and resort, Bars n canteens, etc. filled with unemployed youths drinking n smoking their life's out. That man should be thoroughly investigated, he milked Benue state dry... Even George Akume was better off than him
Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by Dbeliever(m): 9:56am On Mar 03, 2016
BENUE PEOPLE WILL NEVER FORGET IN A HURRY, THE PAINS THEY SUFFERED IN THE HANDS OF THAT VAMPIRE CALLED SUSWAM.
Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by agbangam: 10:29am On Mar 03, 2016
Sometimes I wonder why our leader don't imbibe d saying dat " A GOOD NAME IS BETTER dan SILVER n GOLD" its so sad n u keep seeing pple supporting dis looters all in d name of ethnicity, religion and Tribe. Their action is so satanic, dey really do not think of me and u, dey just loot leaving d country insecured, no infrastructurs, umployment etc. I guess he is happy passing thru all dis pains cos of his greed for wealth. Too bad
Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by blazetitov: 10:31am On Mar 03, 2016
He should be jailed if found guilty.
Re: How Suswam Instructed Me To Sell Benue Shares – Witness by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 03, 2016
Redoil:

I was just going to say what the hell does 'oral instruction' mean?!

Real learner of a lawyer

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oil Discovered In Ghana / PDP Must Win EDO State-bamangar Tukur(pdp National Party Chairman) / At Last: Alex Otti Apga Wins Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu Pdp In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.