Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? (22905 Views)

Do Celestial Church Have The Most Children With Dreadlocks? (DADA) / Many Besiege Akure To Consult ‘wonder Baby’ Born With Healing Powers / VIDEO: Story Of The Newborn Baby Born With Miraculous Power Of Healing In Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by Convergence: 7:32am On Mar 03, 2016
Wifey and i had argued whether certain kids are born with dreadlocks. While she’s of the opinion that every child with dreads simply didn’t have their hair combed and shaved for a long time, i disagreed choosing to believe the Yorubas.

According to the Yoruba ethnic group of Nigeria, Dada is the name given to a child born with naturally matted or locked hair that cannot be combed.

So in a bid to win the argument, i interviewed a medical doctor friend and some folks who attend white garment churches where perhaps you see the highest number of kids with dreads. My discovery was shocking! Read more and see pictures on this link

http://convergencemakeovers.com/are-kids-born-with-dreadlocks/

1 Like

Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by ayogabriel(m): 8:13am On Mar 03, 2016
I was born "Dada" although it was cut while growing up. When you give birth to a child, you don't just cut the hair immediately right, you wait for couple of months I guess, it's in this process you see the trait of the Dada hair, and if you have an elderly person around, he/she will not support cutting it. And it matures into the Dada hair. In this part of the world, it is associated to mean something and cutting it is, could have effect. Just like the case of samson in the bible, it was fore told not to be cut. Although this quiet often in the white garment church, I was born into one, and I have always wonder why it is so.

You can check out this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1119778/what-meaning-dada-dreadlocks-nigeria
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by alienvirus: 8:33am On Mar 03, 2016
That is why it is difficult to see a Muslim Dada. The hair must be cut 7/8th day after birth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by asalimpo(m): 10:08am On Mar 03, 2016
ayogabriel:
I was born "Dada" although it was cut while growing up. When you give birth to a child, you don't just cut the hair immediately right, you wait for couple of months I guess, it's in this process you see the trait of the Dada hair, and if you have an elderly person around, he/she will not support cutting it. And it matures into the Dada hair. In this part of the world, it is associated to mean something and cutting it is, could have effect. Just like the case of samson in the bible, it was fore told not to be cut. Although this quiet often in the white garment church, I was born into one, and I have always wonder why it is so.

You can check out this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1119778/what-meaning-dada-dreadlocks-nigeria
You need to go for deliverance. There's an evil spirit in your hair/head.
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by ayogabriel(m): 10:32am On Mar 03, 2016
asalimpo:

You need to go for deliverance. There's an evil spirit in your hair/head.

OH!!! Really, I didn't know you are so spiritually gifted to tell when someone has an evil spirit. Haice!!! Bro swerve.

6 Likes

Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by asalimpo(m): 12:41pm On Mar 03, 2016
ayogabriel:

OH!!! Really, I didn't know you are so spiritually gifted to tell when someone has an evil spirit. Haice!!! Bro swerve.
I know. It's the evil spirits that twirl the hair. That's y it's a perversion. It's unnatural.
If you have God can deliver you.
Peace.
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by UltraSphinx(m): 1:01pm On Mar 03, 2016
asalimpo:

I know. It's the evil spirits that twirl the hair. That's y it's a perversion. It's unnatural.
Peace.
my friend keep your mouth shut if you don't hAve any thing reasonable to say, do you hAve any logical explanation which confirms that natural dreadlocks are diabolical? Or have you seen any "dada" show traits of demonic possession? I Don't know the reason why humans has this inherent passion to spite any one slightly different from the majority

3 Likes

Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by scarletpearl(f): 1:39pm On Mar 03, 2016
I believe no child is born with dread, dread is as a result of lack oil and comb. some type of hair has more tendency to tangle if not properly taken care of.
Some mothers with soft heart stop combing such kids hair because the child cries while combing it,

in religion, you never see a Muslim child on dread cos they don't believe in it, whether they cut it before 8days or not.
even among Christians its the celestial and c &s that are of such belief, bringing prophecy to parent that their kids hair shouldn't be cut.

in the case of culture in nigeria u rarely see kids with dread among Hausa, fulani, Igbo and except they attend white garment church.
African have hair type that can easily lock, never seen an Asian man on dread.

even as an adult leave ur hair without combing and oiling it for months,then see what becomes of it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by asalimpo(m): 1:59pm On Mar 03, 2016
UltraSphinx:
my friend keep your mouth shut if you don't hAve any thing reasonable to say, do you hAve any logical explanation which confirms that natural dreadlocks are diabolical? Or have you seen any "dada" show traits of demonic possession? I Don't know the reason why humans has this inherent passion to spite any one slightly different from the majority
dyu have dread locks too?
When deliverance is conducted (on you) the demons begin to manifest?
Any way, demon possession doesnt mean crazed looks.
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by ayogabriel(m): 4:35pm On Mar 03, 2016
asalimpo:

Peace.

LMAO!!! think I have to tweat this.

3 Likes

Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by asalimpo(m): 7:13pm On Mar 03, 2016
@ayogabriel and co.
Just ask yourselves:
if i could see into the spirit realm, how many angels are my likely to see with dreadlocks?
On the other hand, How many foul spirits/demons am i likely to see with it?

You know the answer: no dada in heaven. It's an anomaly, as such it has satan behind it.

1 Like

Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by ayogabriel(m): 7:35pm On Mar 03, 2016
asalimpo:
@ayogabriel and co.
Just ask yourselves:
if i could see into the spirit realm, how many angels are my likely to see with dreadlocks?

You know the answer: no dada in heaven. It's an anomaly, as such it has satan behind it.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by asalimpo(m): 7:59pm On Mar 03, 2016
ayogabriel:

You have no idea what you are talking about.
i understand why could be living in denial. You've accepted something as normal for so long you don't want to be convinced otherwise. Let me just repeat, if you made it to heaven,would you see God,Jesus or any angelic being spotting dreads?
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by ayogabriel(m): 10:19pm On Mar 03, 2016
asalimpo:

i understand why could be living in denial. You've accepted something as normal for so long you don't want to be convinced otherwise. Let me just repeat, if you made it to heaven,would you see God,Jesus or any angelic being spotting dreads?

The God, the Jesus and angels I know, even in his book, never mention anywhere where your hair is said to be demonic or attached, bro, follow your angels and your own god, I ll stick to mine and believe. Safe
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by asalimpo(m): 11:09pm On Mar 03, 2016
ayogabriel:

The God, the Jesus and angels I know, even in his book, never mention anywhere where your hair is said to be demonic or attached, bro, follow your angels and your own god, I ll stick to mine and believe. Safe
The bible doesnt mention many things. But he gave us brains to conjecture with. Anomalies, like dreads have satanic roots.
Like i said,can you imagine God ,Jesus, or the holy angels in colored hair e.g brown red white black? Yes, you can. Can you imagine them in dreads? No.

That's a flag there.
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by ayogabriel(m): 3:04am On Mar 04, 2016
asalimpo:

The bible doesnt mention many things. But he gave us brains to conjecture with. Anomalies, like dreads have satanic roots.
Like i said,can you imagine God ,Jesus, or the holy angels in colored hair e.g brown red white black? Yes, you can. Can you imagine them in dreads? No.

That's a flag there.

Okay
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 04, 2016
asalimpo:
@ayogabriel and co.
Just ask yourselves:

Seriously Stop hating on the most naturally occuring African hairdo. If it was evil God would have created an Afro comb on day 8. angry

Judges 16:13 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
And Delilah said unto Samson, Hitherto thou hast mocked me, and told me lies: tell me wherewith thou mightest be bound. And he said unto her, If thou weavest the [size=14pt]seven locks[/size] of my head with the web.

2 Likes

Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by asalimpo(m): 12:11pm On Mar 04, 2016
Muafrika2:

Seriously Stop hating on the most naturally occuring African hairdo. If it was evil God would have created an Afro comb on day 8. angry

And Delilah said unto Samson, Hitherto thou hast mocked me, and told me lies: tell me wherewith thou mightest be bound. And he said unto her, If thou weavest the [size=14pt]seven locks[/size] of my head with the web.
Samson didnt have dreads. Stay with me. God was dealing physically with the isrealites because they were spiritually dead. He had to do things in a physical way to impress his presence with them.
Notice that when He was dealing with Gideon, he communicated his intent through a fleece.
Now,he talks through His spirit.
Samson was a Nazarite (i guess), their hair is a symbol of God's authority. Their hair must never be shaved. In Samson's case ,God went a step further to (twirl) his hair into 7 strands only. Not more not less. To give extra confirmation that Samson is specially called and anointed of God. But God did this as a sign because, these people were spiritually dead and so could only understand information percieved by the 5 senses.
Also , God chose hair because it's the only part of the body that is clearly visible and can rejuvinate if cut off. He also used hair to let the anointed know the preservation of the anointing is samson's responsibility and not God's. When samson lost the anointing, he lost God's power.
How did he know this? In his spirit? No. In his hair.
Each time the isrealites saw the 7 locks,they remembered that their God was with them and His power was resident in samsons hair. They also knew that 7 was a number signifying completion and that dispelled doubts in their minds.
So as God established his presence ,his anointing,through samson's hair, the devil is doing so through dreads. Notice how unsightly dreads is? Dyu think that's something God has a hand in?
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by asalimpo(m): 12:17pm On Mar 04, 2016
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by asalimpo(m): 12:17pm On Mar 04, 2016
Dreads is a perversion. Just like albinism . Dwarfism, gigantism. Stammering.
(growth defects, skin defects, speech defects, hair defects)

The fact that theyre common doesnt mean God endorses them.

Absalom had lush thick heavy hair. And was a man. Yet his hair wasnt in stinky unsightly dreads.
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by ayogabriel(m): 12:23pm On Mar 04, 2016
Muafrika2:

Bro tell him oo
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 04, 2016
asalimpo:

Samson didnt have dreads. Stay with me. God was dealing physically with the isrealites because they were spiritually dead. He had to do things in a physical way to impress his presence with them.
Notice that when He was dealing with Gideon, he communicated his intent through a fleece.
Now,he talks through His spirit.
Samson was a Nazarite (i guess), their hair is a symbol of God's authority. Their hair must never be shaved. In Samson's case ,[size=14pt]God went a step further to (twirl) his hair into 7 strands only.[/size] Not more not less. To give extra confirmation that Samson is specially called and anointed of God. But God did this as a sign because, these people were spiritually dead and so could only understand information percieved by the 5 senses.
Also , God chose hair because it's the only part of the body that is clearly visible and can rejuvinate if cut off. He also used hair to let the anointed know the preservation of the anointing is samson's responsibility and not God's. When samson lost the anointing, he lost God's power.
How did he know this? In his spirit? No. In his hair.
Each time the isrealites saw the 7 locks,they remembered that their God was with them and His power was resident in samsons hair. They also knew that 7 was a number signifying completion and that dispelled doubts in their minds.
So as God established his presence ,his anointing,through samson's hair, the devil is doing so through dreads. Notice how unsightly dreads is? Dyu think that's something God has a hand in?
Where do you get that information about Samson's hair? (BTW, are your twirls same thing as my locks?)

You are free to have your opinion, no matter how extreme, but this is not an important doctrinal issue (refer to this for categorization in importance for doctrinal issues -https://carm.org/christian-doctrine-grid)

Dreadlocks, among other hairstyles, clothing, foods, medicine, day of prayer should not be fatal to a persons faith.
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by asalimpo(m): 11:44pm On Mar 04, 2016
^^^
natural Dreadlocks isnt a hair style.

Nobody wishes for it. If they could have their way,they wouldnt want their children born with dreads. They just accept it and live with it. It's like all other freak mutations in life e.g albinism.
Normal hair is straight, or beautifuly curly. Not, ugly and twisted.
Dreads just aint God.

But you are entitled to your opinions.

Of course dreads aint a major doctrinal issue. A dreadlocked fellow can still be child of God.
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by stevecantrell: 12:16am On Mar 06, 2016
Dada is the first born daughter of Olokun according to Brazilian Yemoja mythology. in Yoruba mythology Dada is considered a male child and is also representative of the seat of intelligence in the marine underworld. Most kids born with Dada are highly intelligent.

If a child is born with Dada, it has negative spiritual implications for both the child and the immediate community as the dreadlocks have a spiritual function, which I would not want to go into fully here. Even if the locks are cut there's still a spiritual component that must be dealt with.

In short, any child born Dada is considered a child of Olokun, learn more about the olokun marine goddess yourself.
Deliverance is needed for the sake of that child and his bloodline.

Dada isn't child's play.

Don't ask me how I know this. Thanks
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 06, 2016
stevecantrell:
Dada is the first born daughter of Olokun according to Brazilian Yemoja mythology. in Yoruba mythology Dada is considered a male child and is also representative of the seat of intelligence in the marine underworld. Most kids born with Dada are highly intelligent.

If a child is born with Dada, it has negative spiritual implications for both the child and the immediate community as the dreadlocks have a spiritual function, which I would not want to go into fully here. Even if the locks are cut there's still a spiritual component that must be dealt with.

In short, any child born Dada is considered a child of Olokun, learn more about the olokun marine goddess yourself.
Deliverance is needed for the sake of that child and his bloodline.

Dada isn't child's play.

Don't ask me how I know this. Thanks

I believe you are referring to the dedication of a child to an evil spirit, and the dreadlocks being a sign of the covenant. I hadn't heard of this but it is possible. African societies did this in various forms in the past, and set aside diviners, medicine men and women, circumsizers (in my tribe), etc. Then they would have a demonic spirit that kept their company and they did its bidding. Seems like the covenant between Samson and God concerning his hair. I get your angle.

I agree that this isn't child's play.... lipsrsealed

In Nigeria, some Yoruba children are born with naturally locked hair and are given a special name, Dada. Yoruba priests of Olokun, the goddess of the deep oceans, wear locks. Also, many white-garment prophets wear dreadlocks.[size=14pt] “Usually, at birth, the prophets must have foreseen the birth of a child and will thus tell the parents not to shave the baby’s head [/size] just like Samson’s story in the Bible. Dadas are prophets which is why they are important in white garment churches. Muslims don’t have it because they shave off babies’ hair. Dadas are not evil but are stubborn and deeply spiritual.
[size=14pt]They require a feast being held on their behalf from time to time,[/size]” explained Tejumola, a member of a branch of the Celestial Church of Christ.

]http://www.mynewswatchtimesng.com/dreadlocks-style-spirituality/

I'll remember that next time I meet a Yoruba with dreadlocks.

1 Like

Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by Flexherbal(m): 8:10am On Mar 06, 2016
asalimpo:

That's a flag there.

Doea that mean that Samson's own was demonic?
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by Pavore9: 8:37am On Mar 06, 2016
Achalla, a community in Anambra State do have a lot of their people born with this dreadlocks.
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by asalimpo(m): 9:13am On Mar 06, 2016
Flexherbal:
Doea that mean that Samson's own was demonic?

His locks or dreads , if you may, was a sign.
Besides,if it were demonic would God place his anointing on the demonic?
In this modern era, God's anointing is in mans spirit and can flow out to his body.
But in samson's era, it was purely physical,so that once the object having the anointing was removed (ark, locks), the Anointing was gone.

When God anointed Jesus Christ of Nazareth, was the anointing on his hair or body? No.
It was on his spirit and flowed out to his body,touched his cloths, but it was in his spirit.
The isrealites were spiritually dead to God so God had to deal with them thru the physical - Gideon asked for
a physical sign.
Also note, the hair is the only part of The body, that could be styled and rearranged without looking wierd.
What if God decided to give samson 7 eyes? or 7 fingers, or 7 hands, or 7 heads, or 7 legs?
He'd be grotesque, a monster. But God could give him 7 locks, and he'd still look very human.

The devil is a counterfieter, so he wants to distort and pervert anything God does.
Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by LaClickLaBend: 5:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
asalimpo or whats your name...please do not give birth to a child in this life....the world is already dumb without yor stupid genes being spread around!. Ignorant Human

4 Likes

Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by EyeHateGod: 6:12pm On Oct 20, 2016
I am crying right now Does Nigeria really have hope,?

1 Like

Re: ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? by hopefulLandlord: 6:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:
I am crying right now Does Nigeria really have hope,?

lol

that cancer gave me this thread grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What To Do When You Don't Feel Like Praying But Have To Pray / What Will Happen At RCCG Convention 2017 — Pastor Adeboye / My Experience With The God Of No Impossibities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.