Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,088 members, 7,807,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Benin Bronze Cockerel Causing Debate Between England & Nigeria (PHOTO) - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Benin Bronze Cockerel Causing Debate Between England & Nigeria (PHOTO) (51743 Views)

Discussions Begin For Britain To Return Looted Benin Bronze Artefacts / Alake Of Egbaland Arriving At Coronation Of King George VI Of England In 1937 / Origin Of Igbos: Read The Debate Between Two First Class Igbo Monarchs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Bronze Cockerel Causing Debate Between England & Nigeria (PHOTO) by GooseBaba: 11:54pm On Apr 03, 2016
Eddygourdo:
remember they are mere tools, common mediums of expression so technically should not be potent. You dat is a devil pikin. If I put the rosary on you, you won't catch fire as I hope. Why is that so but if I can see you in real life and I touch you with small omengo. You won't be senile for the next 30years. Hahahahahaha small pikin feeling funky.

The idiot that said he saw the "light" still messing around with what he termed was for illiterates... Smh..

Your stupidity knows no bound..
Re: Benin Bronze Cockerel Causing Debate Between England & Nigeria (PHOTO) by Eddygourdo(m): 6:35am On Apr 04, 2016
GooseBaba:

The idiot that said he saw the "light" still messing around with what he termed was for illiterates... Smh..

Your stupidity knows no bound..
that should not bother you kiddo. I never defined the light nor will I give you such preserve knowledge meant for more evolved beings. You defined the light from your limited knowledge. You are a buffon. Wat makes your case a terrible one is that you don't realise you a stupidd person. You keep prancing all about nairaland disgracing urself. If you have any pity for ur future self. Change like apc
Re: Benin Bronze Cockerel Causing Debate Between England & Nigeria (PHOTO) by Eddygourdo(m): 6:42am On Apr 04, 2016
GooseBaba:

It one of two things. Either you're telling a lie. Hence your agreeing that its the spiritual connotation that is the diety not the artifacts without knowing it . Did the diety seize to perform for its adherents after the artifacts were stolen..? Answer that and see the folly in your assumptions.

But I'm not one to call one a liar without proof. But i will call you a sewer rat cos I have proof. Your post.

People wey sabi no dey brag. Only empty barrel make the loudest noise.
hahahahahaha I will keep laughing at you. I can't be found out to have exchanged all this time to a boy beneath me. I dey brag abi. Please send ur full name in a pm to me and let's prove the potency of my bragging. Do it today so you learn a lesson at most by tomorrow. Please ensure its the same on face book to enable people match the pictures in the crime and barbaric section of Nairaland to you. Even better still post ur pic and full name here. It would give a better exposure of my bragging. At least there o evidence I warned you to desist and stop mentioning ur betters on issues beyond ur reasoning.

I just dropped the gauntlet, pick it up
Re: Benin Bronze Cockerel Causing Debate Between England & Nigeria (PHOTO) by macof(m): 7:41am On Apr 04, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Right, the 3 languages share linguistic similarities, however, the spelling is specifically 'okuko' which is exactly the same pronunciation and spelling in Igbo. It is just the same as Igbo, Yoruba and Igala sharing umu-omo-oma - the same word for offspring and, say, oma (the Igala word) is adopted by a foreigner and other tribes are trying to lay claims to the word by bringing up their similar tribal words. The artifact may be, undoubtedly, bini but the Igbo name of it is contentious. We have been told here by a bini that the bini word for rooster is Okhorkhor (awkawkaw) and the Igbo pronunciation is okukor (awkukaw) as the artifact is currently named. Similarly, another bini word for male rooster is 'okpa' and in Igbo it is also called 'oke okpa' while the female fowl is called 'Nne okpa' or 'nnekwu'. Lots of academic research has been done on bini influence on Igbo land while the cross-country Igbo influence on Biniland has been largely ignored. While Bini influence on western Igboland can be seen in terms of kingship style and words that come with it, the Igbo influence on Bini can be said to be more religious/traditional or probably linguistic. The Bini and Igala use the 4 Igbo traditional market days of Eke, Orie, Afor and Nwko. Igbo and Edo languages may have more linguistic similarities than originally thought.

note taken

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Bronze Cockerel Causing Debate Between England & Nigeria (PHOTO) by bokohalal(m): 12:09pm On Apr 04, 2016
musicwriter:
Let's not forget the British went all over the Niger-area and the entire African continent stealing, kidnapping, rapping, and looting. It was not limited to ancient Bini kingdom or the Niger-area, though brainwashing western education would want you to believe so. It's a pity Africans has been condemned to accept line, hook, and sinker what Europeans want us to know- something I'm trying to see how this intellectual slavery could be reversed.

For your information, British crimes and looting was spread across the entire African continent. There's a library in London where only the queen have access to. That's where the truth and British dirty secrets are locked out of the public. Another of such secret library is in Rome, where only the pope can have access to.

If the name is okukor, that's certainly an artwork picked from the South-East region of Niger-area, not at any other place. The only reason the British even acknowledged the Bini looting is because it was caught on camera, as they made the mistake of posing a photograph with it.

We have not scratched the surface of British and French loots in Africa!.

British soldiers literally sitting on their loots after Bini raid- 1897.

Top 10 places you're not allowed to visit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgzR43ddYz4

It is from the South -East. Go and take it to Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Benin Bronze Cockerel Causing Debate Between England & Nigeria (PHOTO) by GooseBaba: 12:27pm On Apr 04, 2016
Eddygourdo:
that should not bother you kiddo. I never defined the light nor will I give you such preserve knowledge meant for more evolved beings. You defined the light from your limited knowledge. You are a buffon. Wat makes your case a terrible one is that you don't realise you a stupidd person. You keep prancing all about nairaland disgracing urself. If you have any pity for ur future self. Change like apc

And the sewer rat continues.......
Re: Benin Bronze Cockerel Causing Debate Between England & Nigeria (PHOTO) by GooseBaba: 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2016
Eddygourdo:
hahahahahaha I will keep laughing at you. I can't be found out to have exchanged all this time to a boy beneath me. I dey brag abi. Please send ur full name in a pm to me and let's prove the potency of my bragging. Do it today so you learn a lesson at most by tomorrow. Please ensure its the same on face book to enable people match the pictures in the crime and barbaric section of Nairaland to you. Even better still post ur pic and full name here. It would give a better exposure of my bragging. At least there o evidence I warned you to desist and stop mentioning ur betters on issues beyond ur reasoning.

I just dropped the gauntlet, pick it up

Smh...... My friend will you shut up your dirty mouth dia..! Look at this demented sewer rat. Ol boy, you dropped what was left of your brain.

Garbage in garage out.....
Re: Benin Bronze Cockerel Causing Debate Between England & Nigeria (PHOTO) by Eddygourdo(m): 5:38pm On Apr 04, 2016
GooseBaba:

Smh...... My friend will you shut up your dirty mouth dia..! Look at this demented sewer rat. Ol boy, you dropped what was left of your brain.

Garbage in garage out.....
hahahahahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South African Celebrities Who Are Traditional Healers/native Doctors / Bees Attack Mourners At Alaafin Of Oyo's Palace / Wuraola Otiti, Ooni's Wife Pregnant? Photos Of Baby Bump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.