Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. (4583 Views)

Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. / Construction Of My 3bedroom Flat All Ensuite / Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by csiworksnig(f): 1:21pm On Mar 03, 2016
Construction of a four bedroom duplex from foundation to finish.

Welcome nairalanders to CSI WORKS LTD thread.

This thread is open to enlighten my fellow nairalanders on the cost implication, challenges, stages of building a four bedroom duplex in Nigeria.

I will try as much as possible to be open and update this thread on every material and cost implications for this project, if not everyday I will try every week. Stay tuned. The project now on a very rocky and solid land.

Stay tuned!!!!

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by csiworksnig(f): 1:22pm On Mar 03, 2016
I will post pictures at the end of the day.. We have started our pegging for the build area today.
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by obanqua(m): 2:41pm On Mar 03, 2016
Waiting eagerly!
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by DankemzI(m): 3:20pm On Mar 03, 2016
Observing
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by twinskenny(m): 4:55pm On Mar 03, 2016
csiworksnig:
I will post pictures at the end of the day.. We have started our pegging for the build area today.
congratulations air. Good luck
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by csiworksnig(f): 6:36pm On Mar 03, 2016
DAY 1

We did not achieve much today as we started late in the day. We set out our profile wood and did our pegging. With this we were able to achieve the set backs of the building from where the fence will start.

The land is sitting beside a very massive rock and the rock extends a very long distance before the next Plot. The ground is rocky. I hope we achieve our 1.2m column depth before we hit rock.

We will do the top soil excavation tomorrow and start Digging as well.

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by erico2k2(m): 7:47pm On Mar 03, 2016
Nice one
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by lucien4scaffold(m): 2:13am On Mar 04, 2016
csiworksnig:

This thread is open to enlighten my fellow nairalanders on the cost implication, challenges, stages of building a four bedroom duplex in Nigeria.

I will try as much as possible to be open and update this thread on every material and cost implications for this project, if not everyday I will try every week. Stay tuned. The project now on a very rocky and solid land.

Stay tuned!!!!

Nice works, bro, and what kind of building materials you use for your duplex?

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by csiworksnig(f): 3:15pm On Mar 09, 2016
We re Blinding our trenches today. We also did cast the basket as shown in the pics. Thickness of Blinding 6inches even while sitting on a solid land. The baskets are 1m x 1m while it's trenches are 1.2m x 1.2m. Sorry for my blurry pics.

Stay tuned.

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by csiworksnig(f): 3:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
Ok.. I forgot to say it.. We did hit rock at less than 1.2m. I am standing on the broken rocks(gravel). What a solid land!!.

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by csiworksnig(f): 11:11am On Apr 26, 2016
Project pics..

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by csiworksnig(f): 11:15am On Apr 26, 2016
More project pics

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by csiworksnig(f): 11:16am On Apr 26, 2016
More pics
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by csiworksnig(f): 11:19am On Apr 26, 2016
More and feel free to ask any questions

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by csiworksnig(f): 9:58pm On Apr 30, 2016
Setting of blocks commenced

1 Share

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by csiworksnig(f): 10:09pm On Apr 30, 2016
We are working within a very slim budget for this house, yet we plan not to compromise quality but save cost whichever way possible. I
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by csiworksnig(f): 10:49pm On May 02, 2016
Day 2 of block settings

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by csiworksnig(f): 10:55pm On May 02, 2016
More pics on day 2 block settings

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by Amastermovic(m): 12:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
Any update on this particular project please how do you come about the estimation of materials used.. What's the size of the main and distribution bar.... U said it's rocky while the use of polythene
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by sohans(m): 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2016
good work sir...pls wts d casting nd water-cement ratio used?
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by csiworksnig(f): 6:45pm On Nov 22, 2016
[quote author=sohans post=51271855]good work sir...pls wts d casting nd water-cement ratio used?[/quote

As requested by the client, we used 1: 6:8
One bag of cement 12 headpan of sand and 16 headpan granite, but we used 1:3:6 for the pillars and decking.

The carcass is almost finished.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by csiworksnig(f): 6:47pm On Nov 22, 2016
Amastermovic:
Any update on this particular project please how do you come about the estimation of materials used.. What's the size of the main and distribution bar.... U said it's rocky while the use of polythene

We used the polythene because the ground is very hard and does not soak water fast and we won't want the water to rise up.. You know water is always finding its way.
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by Amastermovic(m): 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
csiworksnig:

We used the polythene because the ground is very hard and does not soak water fast and we won't want the water to rise up.. You know water is always finding its way.

ok Noted
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by csiworksnig(f): 6:52pm On Nov 22, 2016
Amastermovic:

ok Noted

Better to be safe than sorry..
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by Amastermovic(m): 6:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
csiworksnig:

Better to be safe than sorry..

Ur reply above u said according to what ur client what is there no standard for that asking wanna learn
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by csiworksnig(f): 10:09pm On Nov 22, 2016
Amastermovic:

Ur reply above u said according to what ur client what is there no standard for that asking wanna learn

Normally you know the standard is 1:2:4. Worst case scenario I advice 1:3:6 but for the floor slab, the client advised that mix ratio and I thought it was okay since the area is not water logged.
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by FastShipping: 10:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
csiworksnig:

Normally you know the standard is 1:2:4. Worst case scenario I advice 1:3:6 but for the floor slab, the client advised that mix ratio and I thought it was okay since the area is not water logged.

What part of Nigeria is this rocky terrain?
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by erico2k2(m): 10:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
csiworksnig:

Stay tuned!!!!
Congrats, we must finish ASAP
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by austin2all: 11:28pm On May 02, 2017
good evening bro, i'm about starting a similar project but havent been able to get a satisfying dsign. pls would you mind sharing yours with me?
austin2all@gmail.com
09028805110 wsap.
thanks
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by csiworksnig(f): 8:42pm On May 12, 2017
austin2all:
good evening bro, i'm about starting a similar project but havent been able to get a satisfying dsign. pls would you mind sharing yours with me?
austin2all@gmail.com
09028805110 wsap.
thanks

Call or whatsapp : 08093577005
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Duplex On A Solid Land. by rightchic(f): 9:27pm On May 12, 2017
MORNING STAR CERAMICS (MSC)
WHOLESALE AND RETAIL

We deal on all types of Nigeria Tiles (Good Will, PNT, Golden Crown, Times Ceramics e.t.c) in all dimensions and
Spanish Tiles.
We also sell good quality doors.

We give to you all you need at Cheap and Affordable prices,
Quality products,
Excellent services,
Consistent delivery in any part of Nigeria,we deliver to your door step.

Our Office is at plot 2255 Amuwo Odofin GRA, Festac Link Road, Lagos. PO. Box 510 FESTAC.
TEL: 0708040337, 09078555883.
www.msc.com.ng
Sales@msc.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Landlords Grow Rich In Their Sleep Without Working ,Risking,or Economizing / Let's Build A Professional Website For Your Real Estate Business / THIS ESTATE WILL MAKE YOU WOW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.