Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,793 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. (21419 Views)

How To Speed Up A Slow PC Without Any Software Or Formatting - Windows 7,8,10 / How To Fix Slow Computer System / Effective Ways To Easily Speed Up A Slow Computer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by Lordbammy(m): 5:13pm On Mar 03, 2016
One of the characteristics of a computer system is speed, so if your own computer has loses it's speed then you have a problem. In some computer cases, if i'm to boil water and power on some PC surely my water would boil even before some pc finish booting to window enviroment. The slow booting of a computer system to the window enviroment can be traced to some software which would run automatically as soon as you power on your computer which are located at the bottom right hand corner of the computer screen. This can be fixed by clicking on few things..

Steps to make pc boot faster:
(1) Click on "START BUTTON" and navigate to "run"
(2) Then type: Msconfig and click run
(3) A window will pop up then click "STARTUP"
(4) Now you would be presented with bunch of filenames and addressess and boxes with checks in them. Uncheck all the boxes(if possible) then click apply and ok.
Now the computer will ask if you will like to restart. Restart the system and the settings will kick in.
Note: You can use a software called "BOOTVis" to speed up booting automatically"
SOURCE: http://starxclusive.com/how-to-speed-up-a-slow-computer/

22 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by sukkot: 6:28pm On Mar 03, 2016
cool . tanz a lot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by kachnov(m): 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2016
A lot of people will soon press spoil.

Kindly visit my signature y'all.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by 01mcfadden(m): 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2016
SMH.
So this happened uner the slowpoke's watch?
Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2016
[size=20pt]So people still use "Windows Os"...[/size] shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by MARKone(m): 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2016
OP, that process, will only help in speeding up windows boot time, and not always, as it might not help the ministry of a low end system. Best bet get a stand alone PC Tuneup utility like AVG PC Tuneup 2016, it is very good in speeding up systems, as it checks not just start up programs, but other factors that might slow down your system.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by danidee10(m): 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2016
Those things are services automatically started when booting.....also don't turn everything off u might turn off a vital windows service....there should be a checkbox to show only non MS services....this could also help u track down viruses when you see an item that dosen't belong to a program you installed.

U can also remove programs that startup when booting from task manager (for windows 8 and above, it's not in the taskmaster of windows 7 and below....Google where they are )

Finally this dosen't apply to ubuntu undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by Kizyte(m): 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2016
Nice info!

#BringBackJonathan

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by techmart(m): 6:30pm On Mar 03, 2016
alright
Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by dhamstar(m): 6:31pm On Mar 03, 2016
Just that??

Computer speed depends on the ram and the processor's speed not that rubbish you posted

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by Aybee92(m): 6:31pm On Mar 03, 2016
nyc
Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by superwitboss: 6:31pm On Mar 03, 2016
In addition

Stop/end Processes

Check if some life processes are slowing your system To find out,
==> Right-click the taskbar
==> Select Start Task Manager.
==> Click the processes tab,
then the CPU column header.
The top items will be the ones Using lots of RAM
Close the program that's running the process (it's pretty easy to figure out what it is).
If that doesn't work, click the End Process button and confirm that you really want to kill this process.

Do less multitasking

The more programs you run, the slower they will all be. Consider changing your working habits to have less programs up at the same time.

Check for malware

You may doubt an infection could cause the slowing problem but most malware doesn't draw attention to itself that way. To be on the safe side, scan for it, anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by sEGXY2(m): 6:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
i booked this space only to realise i have nothing to say.

4 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 03, 2016
Kizyte:
Nice info!

#BringBackJonathan
Hian.... what has jonathan gotten to do with slow computer... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by Smooyis(m): 6:36pm On Mar 03, 2016
Beautiful
Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by Mbamally(m): 6:36pm On Mar 03, 2016
grayht:
[size=20pt]So people still use "Windows Os"...[/size] shocked

[size=20pt] Which Os are u using, is't Macintosh (Yosemite/El Capitan) or wat undecided [/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 03, 2016
Thanks.
Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by abbey621(m): 6:37pm On Mar 03, 2016
Unfortunately most computers running slow are not plagued with start up problems but configuration and msconfig will only cure less than half of that. If your computer is low on RAM and you love playing online games or visiting Facebook then the solution is an upgrade. If your computer is slow due to a virus or malware then the solution is to do a clean install of Windows and buy a stronger anti-virus. Finally if your computer is slow because it is old then no amount of upgrade or antivirus can help you, spend the cash and get a new computer!
Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by looseweight: 6:37pm On Mar 03, 2016
I need this

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by dhsfbi(m): 6:37pm On Mar 03, 2016
If you are using Windows 10, you can simply enable Fast startup to reduce the booting time of your windows pc.
Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by danidee10(m): 6:38pm On Mar 03, 2016
dhamstar:
Just that??

Computer speed depends on the ram and the processor's speed not that rubbish you posted

I'm sorry my friend but u just spewed trash

Once again I'm sorry undecided

3 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by ademasta(m): 6:39pm On Mar 03, 2016
u try
Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 03, 2016
Mbamally:

[size=20pt] Which Os are u using, is't Macintosh or wat undecided [/size]
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by 41lady(m): 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
Merci beaucoup
Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by lomprico(m): 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lordbammy:
One of the characteristics of a computer system is speed, so if your own computer has loses it's speed then you have a problem. In some computer cases, if i'm to boil water and power on some PC surely my water would boil even before some pc finish booting to window enviroment. The slow booting of a computer system to the window enviroment can be traced to some software which would run automatically as soon as you power on your computer which are located at the bottom right hand corner of the computer screen. This can be fixed by clicking on few things..

Steps to make pc boot faster:
(1) Click on "START BUTTON" and navigate to "run"
(2) Then type: Msconfig and click run
(3) A window will pop up then click "STARTUP"
(4) Now you would be presented with bunch of filenames and addressess and boxes with checks in them. Uncheck all the boxes(if possible) then click apply and ok.
Now the computer will ask if you will like to restart. Restart the system and the settings will kick in.
Note: You can use a software called "BOOTVis" to speed up booting automatically"
SOURCE: http://starxclusive.com/how-to-speed-up-a-slow-computer/
This does not make d computer run faster! It only makes booting faster!
If u want a faster system, defrag ur hdd, clear cache files, delete irrelevant files, this software cleaner can do all that for you and lastly increase ur RAM.

7 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by viqueta(m): 6:42pm On Mar 03, 2016
those are just to enable your system boot faster, if after upgrading your RAM or processor as the case may be and your system is still slow, then the next suspect is your hard drive, yes hard drive, a bad hard drive can cause your system to be slow
Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by lambros(f): 6:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
dhamstar:
Just that??

Nwokem,if you have nothing to say shut up that Skank hole you call a mouth.
Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by amolak: 6:44pm On Mar 03, 2016
my own problem is the advert that full my webpage, pls what can i do about it?
Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by Goldenheart(m): 6:47pm On Mar 03, 2016
amolak:
my own problem is the advert that full my webpage, pls what can i do about it?

Disable all ur add on.....

Had that experience. it was annoying

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by baba11(m): 7:02pm On Mar 03, 2016
The OP is wrong..what he just illustrated there is he stop the startup programs.. but it's not advisable to entirely disable all your programs because simply you intend to increase its speed..there are a few programs you'll maintain its status quo..one of wish is anti virus...just leave it operating and a few other security programs software.. YOU'LL BE SAFE cool
Re: Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. by baba11(m): 7:02pm On Mar 03, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Best Data Recovery Software 2016 / 50 Windows 8 Tips AND Tricks You Surely Need To Know By Now / Entries Open For FGN/ALAT Digital Skillnovation Programme For Youth And Msmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.