Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,829 members, 7,802,653 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds (27934 Views)

How Ekiti State N4.7 Billion Bailout Fund Was Shared / 12 States Owe Salaries Despite Bailout Funds From FG / Wow!!! EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by meforyou1(m): 5:24pm On Mar 03, 2016
Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Wednesday, March 2, 2016 arrested three top officials of Imo State government for allegedly diverting N2billion bailout fund given to the state by the Federal Government for payment of salary arrears of the state’s civil servants.
The suspects are: Obi Paschal Chigozie, Principal Secretary to the Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha; Uzoho Casmir, Director of Finance and Iheoma Kenneth, Treasurer.
Their arrest followed an investigation into the alleged diversion of the said money which revealed that the cashier had made cash withdrawal of N456.532 million between September 3, 2015 and October 10, 2015 from the Government House account domiciled in Zenith Bank.
However, it was revealed that the said amount was given to an aide of the Chief of Staff to the Governor, following approval and directive by the Principal Secretary to the Governor.
The suspects would be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/199459-efcc-arrests-gov-okorochas-aides-pocketing-n2-billion-bailout-funds.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by sukkot: 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2016
kwarafshan everywhere. naija which way

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2016
I don't think such amount of money can be diverted without the governor's knowledge or approval. While he is struggling to pay salaries, he is still able to steal in billions.
Since it is okorocha, i can confidently say that this is the last we will hear on this issue.

136 Likes 12 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Dottore: 6:25pm On Mar 03, 2016
Buhari will be wondering how the hell he made anti corruption mantra his chief campaign manifesto. It seems his closest allies are on a mission to ridicule his war against corruption. From the look of things he may likely spend his tenure running around circles with achievements below expectations.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Nmaudu: 6:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
Gbese

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by doctokwus: 6:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
Rochas is a letdown

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Tochaigh: 6:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
grin grin one of them is definitely Abagworo.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by hotswagg12: 6:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
So much for the progressive. Rochas and co. Una do well.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by csamii: 6:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
Na rochas send them

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by qualityovenbake(m): 6:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
NA WAOH! They have started embezzling bail-out money that hasn't even reached six month old
As of September 18, 2015, 20 out of the 27 states that applied for the bailout to offset salary arrears had received over N222bn.
The Director, Corporate Communications, CBN, Mr. Ibrahim
Mu’azu, told our correspondent on Wednesday that the new
states that had just received bailout disbursement from the
banks were Katsina, Delta, Benue and Taraba.
He said the development had brought the total amount
disbursed by the commercial banks to 24 state governments
to N311.41bn.
This country is riddled with corrupt politicians

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by mccoy47(m): 6:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
people's salaries
Heartless criminals everywhere! angry

That aid should be shot!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by kachnov(m): 6:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
Over to the APC e-defence goons.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by macino1(m): 6:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
Lol. Aids pocket awhole 2 billion without the Chief executive officer of the state knowing or partaking in it. Make una tell me another story. "Steal but never get caught" According to the 11th commandment.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Soreza(m): 6:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
APC NOT SO SMART,THEY WON USE THIS ONE AS PROPAGANDA SAY NO BE ONLY PDP,CATCH OBASANJO THEN I WILL KNOW U ARE SERIOUS.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by W3xy1(m): 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2016
Odikwa serious

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by hrworld: 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2016
Later them go talk say na only PDP EFCC they after.

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by santuse: 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2016
smh
Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Roidatom(m): 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hmm. N2 billion.
Pocketed.
That must be a very large pocket.
But seriously, some people are courageous oo, to steal or even attempt to steal such huge amount of money. Just like that. You no work, you no do anything. Na wa.

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2016
Imo state again angry grin

#ItzTunechi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by 5starmilitant: 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2016
RochAss Ibrahim OkoroAwusa, a thief in a saint's clothing.

God will disgrace this evil people for deceiving Nigerians during the last general election.

14 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Beehshorp(m): 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2016
Very soon e go reach okoroawusa turn

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by mentorandfriend(m): 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2016
Correct.

Withdrawing from state coffers for personal aggrandizement without paying workers salaries is a grave sin against humanity. Dunno if these public servants have conscience at all.

No wonder Imo State is comatose. Go there now, nothing is working. At the end, some PROs who have sold their souls to the devil will open a thread to advertise a frivolity in a lame attempt to launder the image of that government.

It's a crazy country indeed. undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Nnemuka(f): 6:28pm On Mar 03, 2016
and where was okorocha all through?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by AnyibestDede(m): 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2016
OKOROCHA DON FINISH MY BELOVED STATE. I was at owerri this past december, i wept 4 my beloved state. Rochas is a confrimed scam. What is our sin in imo that we are always been ruled by thieves? God please help my OKOROCHA DON FINISH MY BELOVED STATE. I was at owerri this past december, i wept 4 my beloved state. Rochas is a confrimed scam. What is our sin in imo that we are always been ruled by thieves? God please help my state

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by chrisxxx(m): 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2016
This case is too complex to decipher. There is a simple case with so much evidences EFCC is overlooking. Visit Amaechi's case. It is as clear as daylight.
By the way is Rochas nursing presidential ambition?

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by 5starmilitant: 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2016
Panzerfaust:
Soon, thos TANoid wankers will say that it is only PDP that EFCC is arresting.
IPOB clowns, you see your lives?

If this is all you can say about this news, then am sorry to say your brain is dead.

Receive sense abeg.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Panzerfaust(m): 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2016
Soon, thos TANoid wankers will say that it is only PDP that EFCC is arresting.
IPOB clowns, you see your lives?

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Swankynoni(m): 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2016
Even when the money is not enough for the purposes of it's existence..!

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by suyamasta(m): 6:30pm On Mar 03, 2016
E don happen kekereke!
Abeg Rochas come tell us what you know about this wickedness

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Udopasa: 6:30pm On Mar 03, 2016
Okorocha have lost focus

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by Generalk007: 6:30pm On Mar 03, 2016
Welcome effcc

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds by ALISMILE(m): 6:30pm On Mar 03, 2016
Some pple will blame Okorocha now! Juss watch!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stop Herdsmen Attack On Yoruba - OPC Tells Buhari / Dongara, Gbajabiamila Nominated As Speaker As Voting Begins In House Of Reps / Seems Judd Legum Lied, Contract Was Signed Before Atiku Became PDP Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.