Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. (5528 Views)

Stop That Wedding! See BIG Reason You Must Go For Genotype Test Before Marriage / What Twitter User Thinks Of Men Who Cheat And Keep It A Secret / Big Reason Why Nigerian Men Refuse To Get Married, Funny But True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by Toks2008(m): 8:05pm On Mar 03, 2016
Cheating on a spouse or potential spouse have been an age long act with no possible solution in place and i'm afraid we all just have to find a way of coping with this never endingyple cheat and even in a seemingly happy marriage,couple still cheat on each other and this has almost mad e me lose hope of the possibility of having two people who will be totally faithful to each other till death do them apart...

Enough of the ecclesiastical mambo jumbo..please lets ask one another..WHY DO PEOPLE CHEAT ON EACH OTHER?

Well i don't know if my assertion is true but for some people i guess its an addiction that have eating deep into their soul and this set of people need special attention but i will focus on explaining why a regular averagely decent man or woman cheat..

1.The man:

I strongly believe that no matter how decent a man can be,there will forever be a conflict between what he wants and what he needs in a woman.

A man is a visual homo sapien that usually gets carried away by what he sees so most guys want a lady who looks pleasing to their eyes and at the same time want a lady with very decent inherent qualities so they go on the search and get to realize that the ones who are pleasing to their eyes end up having serious character defect they cant seem to cope with while the ones with angelic inherent qualities are far cry from what they want as physical attributes.

So in most cases,a man just decides to marry a lady who seem to be seen as "a good wife material" yet may not be sexually attractive to him and after marriage,he will have to cope with the temptation of having a taste(fling.one night stand) of another lady who seem to be sexually pleasing to his eyes.This fling usually develops into a steady extra marital affair which intimately destroys his marriage.

2.The woman:
As for the ladies,even when they refuse to agree,i will say ladies are emotional species and it will only take a very disciplined lady and one filled with the spirit of GOD to stay faithful to one man.

Most ladies want a Cute,rich,caring,GOD fearing,sex machine in one man and if their hubbies do not have these traits,they will want to be with John for the money,always run to Geoffrey for the thing and will be in an emotional affair with James because he is so carry and so on and because of the nature of women,they usually get emotionally attached and if found out,her marriage becomes history.

[size=13pt]So in essence,the main reason why people cheat is no other than oju kokuro(lack of contentment)[/size]

Possible solution

-As a man please understand that it is the same hole in any woman and you can't do all the sweet ladies you come across except you want to waste your life.If you see a lady with hot body and good inner quality then good for you But to be on the safer side please Just ask yourself..which one is more important to you? Is it a hot sexy body or a woman with a good inner qualities and if it is hot body you want please wait and get your hot wife and tolerate her other side and if it is a wife with angelic quality you want please they are every where..just get her and forget the hot body. But in my own school of taught,i will advice that a man goes for what pleases his eyes BECAUSE WHATEVER IS PLEASING TO THE EYES WILL MOST CERTAINLY BE PLEASING TO YOUR SOUL
-Every lady must understand that her respect,integrity and self worth is not measured by how physically attractive she is but by how sexually decent she is.A lady should ask herself which is most important to her,..is it good sex,money,looks or virtuous nature and stick to a man who has what you most prefer and tolerate the other side of him.Just understand that no man has it all and learn to appreciate your man and take him as he is making sure you pray for him and help him to be a better man for you.

May GOD help us all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by MzPecs(f): 8:09pm On Mar 03, 2016
Take him for who he is, who exactly is he biko? undecided

In conclusion,
marry someone you love and sexually attracted to! cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by Dennygirl: 8:13pm On Mar 03, 2016
Abegi!!
Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 03, 2016
Only if this long epistle would turn back hand of time so we could help Ese from being kidnapped and impregnated by 'yellow' Yunusa

3 Likes

Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by menabae(f): 8:17pm On Mar 03, 2016
Yes u rite @ ojukoro,and most em do it for the fun of it,cheating is now something else
Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by KimBerlyie: 8:25pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by Johnnoah1st: 8:50pm On Mar 03, 2016
i tink nairalanders should donate money for brain surgery for dis nigga (op) , he is turning to a neusance here with all d senseless, baseless, foolish, stupiid, idiotic, retarded threads trying to form a relationship expert. i wonder d health status of the cerebrum, cerebellum, oblogata of dos who hail dis nigga thread.
Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by octopusfreaky(f): 9:05pm On Mar 03, 2016
Johnnoah1st:
i tink nairalanders should donate money for brain for dis nigga (op) , he is turning to a neusance here with all d senseless, baseless, foolish, stupiid, idiotic, retarded threads trying to form a relationship expert. i wonder d health status of the cerebrum, cerebellum, oblogata of dos who hail dis nigga thread.
hehehehheh,vexation of life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:07pm On Mar 03, 2016
For some odd reason, bro, you always try to excuse men's philandering ways. Aren't men also sentient beings who should be as responsible for their actions as women are for theirs?

A man cheats and you go, "Oh! He's a man. It's his nature. Don't blame him. Yadda yadda yadda" but somehow the premise for castigating is flipped and skewed when a woman cheats.

That, sir, is a fusion of sexism, hypocrisy and chauvinism.

What is good for the _horny gander is good for the _horny goose.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by misspicy(f): 9:08pm On Mar 03, 2016
So in essence,the main reason why people cheat is no other than oju kokuro(lack of contentment)

God bless OP for this,if only humans can be contented,we would live a better life.

that does not stop OP from cheating o,he likes that thing well tonguecheesy

***modified***

poster above me,even a blind man can perceive that OP is chauvinistic,but since that's the way he choose to live his life,the people around him should deal with it grin

1 Like

Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 03, 2016
MzPecs:
Take him for who he is, who exactly is he biko? undecided

In conclusion,
marry someone you love and sexually attracted to! cool

Like my ibibio brothers would day... Very imporran grin

1 Like

Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by Creamish(f): 9:13pm On Mar 03, 2016
TheSonOfMark:
For some odd reason, bro, you always try to excuse men's philandering ways. Aren't men also sentient beings who should be as responsible for their actions as women are for theirs?

A man cheats and you go, "Oh! He's a man. It's his nature. Don't blame him. Yadda yadda yadda" but somehow the premise for castigating is flipped and skewed when a woman cheats.

Applause!

2 Likes

Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:16pm On Mar 03, 2016
Johnnoah1st:
i tink nairalanders should donate money for brain for dis nigga (op) , he is turning to a neusance here with all d senseless, baseless, foolish, stupiid, idiotic, retarded threads trying to form a relationship expert. i wonder d health status of the cerebrum, cerebellum, oblogata of dos who hail dis nigga thread.

Cynthia, if you're going to curse someone out then do well to vituperate via well-articulated words of the Anglo lingua instead of this dyslexic rant which is reminiscent of the parlance of ill-bred, airheaded junior high school dropouts resident in rundown shanties.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by MzPecs(f): 9:19pm On Mar 03, 2016
brandnew3:

Like my ibibio brothers would day... Very imporran grin
Lmao! grincheesygrin
Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by Richardonald(m): 9:20pm On Mar 03, 2016
The truth thatz y i like every of ur topic, u type as if u study only about relationships in ur school days..

1 Like

Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by onstelly(f): 9:23pm On Mar 03, 2016
I have been asking myself this question for a long time why is it that a man will love u and still cheat on you
Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by joseph1832(m): 9:23pm On Mar 03, 2016
OMG! The tosyne2much wanna be is back with a bang! Let's hope his bang doesn't evolve into another big bang that might bang us into another banging galaxy. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by joseph1832(m): 9:25pm On Mar 03, 2016
onstelly:
I have been asking myself this question for a long time
why is it that a man will love u and still cheat on you
My dear, any man who loves you and truly loves you will never cheat on you.

You can take that to the bank. Lol

1 Like

Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by olac21(m): 9:27pm On Mar 03, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

Lng time sonofmark?where have you been?I missed you I swear(no homo pls)
Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by joseph1832(m): 9:30pm On Mar 03, 2016
misspicy:

God bless OP for this,if only humans can be contented,we would live a better life.

that does not stop OP from cheating o,he likes that thing well tonguecheesy

***modified***

poster above me,even a blind man can perceive that OP is chauvinistic,but since that's the way he choose to live his life,the people around him should deal with it grin
Are afraid of quoting the poster above you? grin LMAO.
Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by onstelly(f): 9:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
joseph1832:
My dear, any man who loves you and truly loves you will never cheat on you.

You can take that to the bank. Lol
I really wanna concur with you but my dear is not true
Am a woman so i know what am saying
Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by misspicy(f): 9:35pm On Mar 03, 2016
joseph1832:
Are afraid of quoting the poster above you? grin LMAO.
its unnecessary, besides I love speaking in mystery cheesy
Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by Sixix: 9:35pm On Mar 03, 2016
onstelly:

Most abusive men also love their women toosmiley
Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by tosyne2much(m): 9:37pm On Mar 03, 2016
Oga Tooks don come again cheesy

Well, I'm inclined to actually agree with you that the main cause of cheating boils down to ojukokoro (coveteousness)

Oga TheSonOfMark I throway salute cool
Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 03, 2016
Toks2008:
but in my own school of taught,i will advice that a man goes for what pleases his eyes BECAUSE WHATEVER IS PLEASING TO THE EYES WILL MOST CERTAINLY BE PLEASING TO YOUR SOUL.
-As a lady please just understand that no man has it all and learn to appreciate your man and take him as he is making sure you pray for him and help him to be a better man for you.
This is busted
Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by tosyne2much(m): 9:39pm On Mar 03, 2016
joseph1832:
OMG! The tosyne.2much wanna be is back with a bang! Let's hope his bang doesn't evolve into another big bang that might bang us into another banging galaxy. grin grin grin grin
Me sef go drop my own list tomorrow cheesy
Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by lezz(m): 9:40pm On Mar 03, 2016
onstelly:
....because love is different from _fuck, dear.

Men are programmed genetically to spot the difference grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 03, 2016
Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by joseph1832(m): 9:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
misspicy:

its unnecessary, besides I love speaking in mystery cheesy
Mystery You go fear mystery na. LOL. Talk say you dey fear am abeg. LMaO.
Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by Charles4075(m): 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2016
Op, the truth is Cheating is like napalm, and both men and women can be guilty of lighting the fuse.

There are two types of extra-marital relationships: FLINGS and AFFAIRS. Flings are the most common, most often involving opportunity, lust,and lack of self-control. Whether you are talking about a man or a woman, you can hear the excuses/justifications in your head: "Babe,I screwed up. I got drunk in Allen avenue with the [guys/girls] and ended up sleeping with this hooker/guy I met at the club. It didn't mean anything, and I promise it won't happen again. Please forgive me."
Okay... people aren't perfect. They make mistakes. They make bad choices. And sometimes, opportunity can make good people do bad things. But Flings are really about no self-control, and they showcase how the cheater is willing to sacrifice their honor—and their partner's honor—for a one-night-stand. Choosing to forgive a Fling means you need to think long and hard about it. I'm not a believer in"Once a cheater, always a cheater," (because cheaters can choose to follow a faithful path with different partner with different relationship dynamics), but Flings are about selfishness... and that doesn't just go away.

Affairs are different, as they aren't fast hit-it-and-quit-it acts of misguided lust and sexual wanting. These are long-term relationships—sometimes involving sex, sometimes not—and they are trickier for someone to get over because there has been investment over time—and it's also an emotional investment, as well. People sharing the inner-workings of their personal lives, their activities, their kids—all while dropping back from their established relationship. All-in-all, forgiveness and moving past an Affair is wrought with challenges.

Women cheat just as much as men (dispelling the myth that men cheat more). Some women cheat mostly for emotional reasons, stating the following top reasons for pursuing an extramarital affair:

1.Lack of emotional intimacy

2.Marital or relationship unhappiness

3.Reaffirm her desirability

4.To re-experience feelings of romance

On the other hand, some men cheat largely for physical or sexual gratification with no emotional tie. Rounding out the top reasons men cheat include:

1.Just want to have sex or sexual variety

2.Presented with an opportunity to have sex, without getting immediately caught

3.Satisfy sexual curiosity about having sex with a particular person

4.The “thrill of the chase”

5.The desire to feel important or special (an ego boost)

However, in delving further into the mens’ reasons, I discovered that many men felt that they were “unable to get out of their relationship” prior to their infidelity, which translated into the simple fact that they lacked the skills/respect to maturely discuss their unhappiness with their significant other. In short, they acknowledged that they were unhappy and looking for a way out, but they couldn’t bring themselves to pull the trigger on the relationship. If they cheated and got caught (most long-term cheaters do end up getting caught), they were able to quickly turn the tables, telling their spouse how it was THEIR fault they cheated because [ not enough sex, boredom, etc.].

Lastly, Cheating is a symptom of an already failing/failed relationship. Communication has broken down and a disconnected link already exists. The cheater is looking outside of the relationship to have their emotional/physical needs met because they are [usually] already mentally checked-out.

1 Like

Re: One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. by Realone92(m): 9:45pm On Mar 03, 2016
If only we could be contented

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Your Man Show Up To Your Funeral With His Side Chick(graphic Pix) / Are These Pre Wedding Photos Or What? / I Made My Bae Feel Like A Queen Today - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.