Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,032 members, 7,799,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience (61415 Views)

Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? / Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / New Tinted Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by debola23(f): 8:31am On Mar 04, 2016
captain247:
Thanks for the information cause am about getting a tinted permit in ph after obtaining one in lagos with issues. I will follow the procedure you stated.

Beware. I did mine in PH.
They wont tell you ťhat u need to have a typed letter until you reach there, and they demand you pay for them to type it for u..
I understood later that its their own inside thing to make money from a process thats mean to be free.

Its their own appreciation fee
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 04, 2016
princemillla:
Follow below steps to get your tinted permit.

1. Log on to www.npf.gov.ng/tinted

2. Fill in the information and click submit.

3. You will be provided with a login password (you can change it once u log in).

4. Scan proof of ownership and drivers license.

5. Complete details of your car and input your insurance number then upload those docs in the portal provided

6. Press submit and print out the page.

7. Take the print out form to police state headquarter in ikeja.

Nb: once u get there ask for Ict department for permit.

8. Tender your print out and you will be captured both face and finger print.

9. A copy of your print out form with an inscription : UNDER PROCESSING WITH SIGNATURE AND DATE will be giving back to you.

10.last, log in to your portal regularly to monitor if your permit has been approved.

Tinted permit is FREE but you can appreciate them if you want to.

Kudos to all the staffs in the ict department of police headquarters in ikeja, they ensured they attended to everyone on the list. Incase you are reading this( na that funny Gbajabiamila boy they appreciate you.

Ask me any questions concerning this, I will give you more details.

Nb: am not a police officer, just a citizen like you, Information is power, it can save a lots of life.

My experience : I met several police officers in same headquarters, we'll dressed, looking smart and agile. I want to believe they are well educated. I n my honest advice, those are the set of people we need in police force generally.

Observation : the awareness on the tinted permit is not that sound and believe me, come April many people will fall victim, so mods pls push this to the fp to save drivers.

God bless Nigeria

I think you must writing from the FCt or lagos, cos here in rivers state, its not free, I have 2 colleagues who renewed theirs they have spent 20k each, that is if you decide to join the queue you spend more if you want to do it faster, nothing is free. angry

1 Like

Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by vani86: 8:48am On Mar 04, 2016
princemillla:

3. You will be provided with a login password (you can change it once u log in).

5. Complete details of your car and input your insurance number then upload those docs in the portal provided

9. A copy of your print out form with an inscription : UNDER PROCESSING WITH SIGNATURE AND DATE will be giving back to you.

10.last, log in to your portal regularly to monitor if your permit has been approved.

Kudos to all the staffs in the ict department of police headquarters in ikeja, they ensured they attended to everyone on the list. Incase you are reading this( na that funny Gbajabiamila boy they appreciate you.

Nb: am not a police officer, just a citizen like you, Information is power, it can save a lots of life.

My experience : I met several police officers in same headquarters, we'll dressed, looking smart and agile. I want to believe they are well educated. I n my honest advice, those are the set of people we need in police force generally.

Observation : the awareness on the tinted permit is not that sound and believe me, come April many people will fall victim, so mods pls push this to the fp to save drivers.

God bless Nigeria

bro, what is the nimc number they are asking for
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Ibro2005: 8:53am On Mar 04, 2016
Why do we need tinted glass? Are we politician?
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by dayotheone(m): 9:06am On Mar 04, 2016
that is nice
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by fallingsky(m): 9:10am On Mar 04, 2016
princemillla:

God bless Nigeria

please op, can I get a tinted permit for my mum car. considering its not my name on the car but mum's name?
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Dynamo1(m): 9:27am On Mar 04, 2016
Henovy:

Op, thank you for the info. Another important info is that you have to re-size the jpg files of the required documents to 100k and below, otherwise, it cannot be uploaded. It's a frustrating experience if you do not know how to do it.

My guy, that's another issue. In fact u need to reduce the jpeg image to less than 100K to be able to upload. I'll advice guyz to open the image with "paint" then resize to like 25%, and re-save. That's for who understand how to do that.
Please, I need someone to convince me that his/her experience with the police ICT guy was pleasant. The guy was demanding for N5000 to do my biometrics. I gave him N2000 with abeg, and was still threatening he won't treat my form, that I'll still pay the balance. I told him was it not meant to be free? He answered that it's absolutely free that I should go with my money and by the time I didn't get my form processed I'll pay times ten of that to bribe police on the road and he'll still be waiting here to collect from me the double of what he's demanding now. He was soo soo proud and confident that I wondered what our country has turned into. I expected the highest level of professionalism and best behaviour at a police HQ for that matter. Infact I have up on Nigerian Police. I gave the guy N2000 dat day ( over 5 weeks now), and till date my Tinted permit never ready. Maybe it was intentional I don't know. This just one of my three experiences that dat.
Even people in the police HQ don't seem to know about this process as at when I went. They kept directing me up and down, Infact two armed officers were psyching me to give them money before they could direct me. In their words: "u wan come collect tinted permit abi, now wey we dey see ourselves face-to-face settle us before we go begin do stop and search u inside ur tinted motor, and na u go dey beg us dat time". I juz walked away and they said "no worry, we go jam for road, u dey use us do yang now". Even at the entry gate, two female officers will ask u to sign in, then ask u to drop something for them before you sign out. Corruption stenches everywhere, Infact na GOD hand we dey for ds kontri.

4 Likes

Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by agentakins: 10:20am On Mar 04, 2016
Good
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Demmah: 10:42am On Mar 04, 2016
Thanks for the info @ op. What about a situation where you bought a Nigerian used car and you are yet to do a change of ownership. How do you go about it?
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by afelouz(m): 11:48am On Mar 04, 2016
can i upload photocopies of the documents pls?
I dont keep originals in the car and I can't get them now.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by eagleonearth(m): 12:24pm On Mar 04, 2016
bros i have change of ownership form, can i scan it and upload? second, a police officer, the other day, after collecting 2k 4rm me for lack of possession of tinted permit,
told me that i had to pay around 25-30k in order to get d permit, but u didn't pay to get urs, pls can u help me? I'm in d east right now.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by megainvest: 12:26pm On Mar 04, 2016
debola23:

They wont tell you ťhat u need to have a typed letter until you reach there, and they demand you pay for them to type it for u..
I understood later that its their own inside thing to make money from a process thats mean to be free.

Pls do they also check for the licence plate details on FRSC?
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by stonemasonn: 3:58pm On Mar 04, 2016
@OP what about the National Identity Number (NIN) is it the number on our national ID card?
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by cecegorz(m): 6:58pm On Mar 04, 2016
Guy thanks for reminding me.
I've been postponing this since the first day i saw the announcement, now I've completed the online application, hope to get time for the biometric capture experience.

NB: Only two documents are required for upload; Vehicle licence and proof of ownership.

Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by beevee1: 9:21pm On Mar 04, 2016
Nice info
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by princemillla(m): 7:17am On Mar 05, 2016
stonemasonn:
@OP what about the National Identity Number (NIN) is it the number on our national ID card?

Sorry i was suspended for nonjust cause.

Its not mandatory but if u av it put it
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by princemillla(m): 7:18am On Mar 05, 2016
megainvest:

Pls do they also check for the licence plate details on FRSC?

Dont know about that
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by stonemasonn: 9:46am On Mar 05, 2016
princemillla:

Sorry i was suspended for nonjust cause.
Its not mandatory but if u av it put it
thanks
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by princemillla(m): 10:21am On Mar 05, 2016
fallingsky:

please op, can I get a tinted permit for my mum car. considering its not my name on the car but mum's name?

I honestly dont think so, cuz ur info will counterfeit witj ur docs but if ur name is on the docs go ahead
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by xplicite(m): 11:08am On Mar 05, 2016
Please am about to do mine, and please its requesting for Nimc number, please what is Nimc number?
Secondly must your license be upto date, before you can be a bole to do the only registration, because mine isn't
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by lukman22: 11:15am On Mar 05, 2016
Please were in PH did you do your own permit? I'm kind of new in ph.
Thanks
debola23:

Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by princemillla(m): 1:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
xplicite:
Please am about to do mine, and please its requesting for Nimc number, please what is Nimc number?
Secondly must your license be upto date, before you can be a bole to do the only registration, because mine isn't

Bro, you and i know its not possible to upload expired documents.

The nimc oa national identity number , if u dont av it dont bother
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by gbolex(m): 9:42pm On Mar 08, 2016
I have uploaded mine and i have the print out, but the status is showing AWAITING APPROVAL. Can i still go for biometrics capture
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by domack99(m): 9:25am On Mar 09, 2016
How can I retrieved my Application ID, I started filling the form online sometimes ago but abandon the process because I didn't have the scanned copy of the document asked.

Now the system says my email already exist but somehow I have lost the application ID
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by pattybf(f): 9:49am On Mar 09, 2016
domack99:
How can I retrieved my Application ID, I started filling the form online sometimes ago but abandon the process because I didn't have the scanned copy of the document asked.

Now the system says my email already exist but somehow I have lost the application ID

why don't u use another email, so u get another id
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by domack99(m): 3:36pm On Mar 09, 2016
pattybf:

why don't u use another email, so u get another id

I tried that has well but keep telling me User already exist, change phone number, used my Last name as first name vis visa but same thing
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by visitor30(m): 4:28pm On Mar 09, 2016
debola23:

Does it mean that even if one has any idea on what the content of the application letter is and whom to address it to for example, will they accept it since it is their own appreciation. But again, how can one know the addressee and the content of application letter.

That brings me to my second question: any idea on the application letter (addressee and content), can you post a copy if you have? Thanks.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by gbolex(m): 6:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
I have uploaded mine and i have the print out, but the status is showing AWAITING APPROVAL. Can i still go for biometrics capture.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by afroxyz: 8:28pm On Mar 09, 2016
Please can someone confirm for me the two documents that need to be scanned and uploaded. There are conflicting reports here. Secondly, is there anyone here that did his in Lagos? What was your experience?
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by kkoffo(m): 8:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
Biometric capturing at the police command is only on Thursday's and Fridays.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by Bright2(m): 8:58pm On Mar 09, 2016
Op,in PHC the reverse is the case.

iv'e submitted my application at the police command headquarter Moscow road in Port Harcourt since on the 29th of february 2016 & the police woman that accepted these applications ask us to go home that they will call us with our various phone numbers on our applications letters for capturing,up till now not even a flash did i receive from the police & time is running.I was able to contact a police man for assistance & he told me categorically that the police will not call, he adviced me to call him back that he will make out way for me to be captured & ofcause we know what's involved.

i really don't know why in Port Harcourt things hardly go straight when it comes to services,now am planning to go back there again to listen to another story by the special grace of God if i get a good result,i'll also come back here to update you people on how it went.
Re: How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience by chanx: 9:46pm On Mar 09, 2016
Is there any deadline for those still using the old tint permit to get this new one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rebuilding My '13 Pin' (toyota U151E) Transmission / Allen Samuel From Ondo Constructs Car (Photos, Video) / HAHAHA And LOL Number Plates: Nigerian Cars Laughing At Poverty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.