Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,832 members, 7,802,668 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) (64491 Views)

The Ragamuffins Of Lagos (june 2017): A Sequel To My Lagos Story (june 2016) / The Promise Keeper ( A Story By Uncutz) / In The World Of 3 Women (A Romance Suspense Story by Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) by SPDAZZY(f): 9:13pm On Mar 06, 2017
johnspurgeon014:

110000 words and counting. I'm at the middle of the end, if you know what I mean. Although, I'd have to edit diction and characterization, check inconsistencies and locations, while balancing that with two jobs. I apologise for the snail's pace. I write slowly and deliberately. But progress has been good. I'm tempted to share some of it, but I'll publish it and make it available soon. Thanks for checking in.

Waiting. Glad to hear work is in progress.

1 Like

Re: Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) by Wiseb(f): 4:51pm On Mar 08, 2017
johnspurgeon014:

110000 words and counting. I'm at the middle of the end, if you know what I mean. Although, I'd have to edit diction and characterization, check inconsistencies and locations, while balancing that with two jobs. I apologise for the snail's pace. I write slowly and deliberately. But progress has been good. I'm tempted to share some of it, but I'll publish it and make it available soon. Thanks for checking in.

oh thank goodness I'm glad work is in progress I just needed ur word on that, I'll wait. (not like I av a choice). Take ur time I know d wait will be worth it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) by johnspurgeon014(m): 5:31pm On May 30, 2017
3 drafts later, I'm thinking I'm sick of this story. Lol. I'm done.

20th June is the approved released date for the eBook version of this story although I'm pushing for it to be earlier. Click LIKE if we're all still in cahoots.

9 Likes

Re: Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) by kelechiodo(m): 8:43pm On May 30, 2017
You still dey write this book. Guy we don even forget the storyline.
Re: Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) by johnspurgeon014(m): 8:49pm On May 30, 2017
kelechiodo:
You still dey write this book. Guy we don even forget the storyline.

Lol. I'm sure you have. Still, you followed it cause you enjoyed the bit you read. The complete stuff shouldn't be any less I guess.

1 Like

Re: Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) by johnspurgeon014(m): 7:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
An old flame rekindles when Lade runs into a former male friend while working. Too bad she is no longer the person he once knew and knows she should stay away from him for his own good. And hers.
Although Banks sees the signs, it is not just curiosity that has gotten him to turn a blind eye to the writing on the wall. Her world may now be deep, dark and dirty, and everything he and his family wants to put far behind them as the climb higher on the social ladder, but just because she was once good enough, he believes she still has it in her to be a better version of herself, notwithstanding the repercussions.
Lade thinks so too. All that's left is to prove it to him, to his judgemental family and friends, to her unwilling boss, and hardest of all - to herself.
This is a story about love, self re-discovery and how easy it is to fall short of the finish line despite overcoming all the hurdles on the way.
You can download it on okadabooks here: http://okadabooks.com/book/about/lade_of_all_the_girls_in_lagos__adult_only_18/14525

Or send me a direct email requesting the .pdf version of the book for non-okadabook users @ campfirewriters@gmail.com

The book will be up for free for a limited period because I promised to make it so. So, I look forward to your honest reviews as usual. Thank you for the encouragement.

If I tag u twice, guess, I saw u double...

vlip42, kelechiodo, jaylicioussss, patriciakase, rachealfst, slingkey, ClassCaptain, bibijay Kingssleyy marcondo celeboe MarleyElma holar2ge caringguy jordinsparkles MrsPhyno Naledi14 avaa kate77sexy ka52y duffman Divepen1 teeghurl LANIERO lovelynature SunFlow legalwealth remiseyi mizquote boyo123 tobex23 Bonn Gamesound MightyFortress, MaziOmenuko SeverusSnape Adanna28 Truckpusher Francizy MizMyColi MzPecs omenka Beremx GenbIoodykiller PassingShot Mynd44 Afam4eva Romanciella dearpreye Ezenwammadu adorablevic Dindondin simdam500 9japipper Switup Mucokey Silverluci Stag Coolval222 MaziOmenuko Onihaxy Snakie Coogar Chiefo Prodeegee(m), cocospice(f), chizzily(f), sagebiz, Dymondgurl(f), mrjaydee(m), lawunmmie, ritzytbabs, delugadou(m), beau49(f), madridfc(m), 100Cents, laykorn(m), RedBenson(m), Sleekyshuga(f), lalasticlala(m), Williamso(m), susrite(m), Queennelly(f), pinkiecutie(f), iceberylin(m), damselalayo(f), almacherish(f), ngozionefeli, missterious(f), mencade6, phrenoz(f), Lilamartedi(f), littlemistress(f), Empress2014(f), chindi, mytime24(f), ceaser, kolaaderin, Mimipauls1(f), pweetixandy(f), sexynabila(f), kozaic(f), Savigne(f), beckyomas(f), dechandel(f), Janeify(f), shadowgwalker, KissQ(f), ritababe(f), Dopeyomi, kinwayne(m), snakie86, sistajay(f), Tashamania(f), nekaa(f), kristina1(f), Kachisbarbie(f), leojennysmart(f), Seun(m), maureensylvia(f), Ivyluvie2(f), Ezibless(f), holluphunmie(f), toyinolamide(f), adesewa4uyahoo(f), Khalliet(f), shafeeqah(f), Idyllik(f), omotfavy(f), Atk01(f), Tytto(f), Chi59(f), priscaoge(f), olowookerekemi(f), Harmvirus(f), hannesy(f), missberrypop5(f), MissSlimbody(f), jessiecah(f) , Evathyst(f), donc4life(f), stalicia(f), niggereyez(f), kennygee(f), chinnelle(f), Princesschi(f), Syfy(f), badoolee(f), iwakolewa(f), cococandy(f), quivah(f), micsade(f), Anniebissy(f), MaraCruiz(f), keishawillz(f), sladesgirl(f), trypheana(f), Damsel94(f), LiciousAnn(f), harryke(f), Chrissy101(f), JohnJoyce(f), Hardeytohlar(f), Beachqueen59(f), Nekistoe(f), Doughyeenbae(f), Lemon12(f), jjwaterfalls(f), sandra27(f), trendiitee(f), pweedyuz(f), marieolae(f), farano(f), MizMyColi(f), VickyyB(f), ireneony(f), Agybabe(f), Iffffffy(f), Sparkle777(f), sussyluv(f), Damsal(f), Missmossy(f), Evina(f), Mprex(f), Stephxoblessed(f), Medunah(f), FLAWLES(f), prettythicksme(f), Oluwatyna(f), Weunice(f)), Ishilove (my love), Neduzze5 (my brother that year)
HumbledbYGrace, Hunnydropps(f), Bobbystanley
(m), Freiburger(m), FozzieBear(m), Hadeehart101(f), missstella, Genea, Olusharp,
eppysold(m), luscioustrish(f), LarrySun, Nobody,
supernet4(f), cdamsel(f), sunriseb, liusimbs(f), Eveluv, jayhans, Niwdog,
Lolaabokoku(f), precyluv(f), Coolval222(m), Chinachriss, mistytohcute, GeneralQuamdeen,
specialguest(f), Ojiematthewgg, Whizkay(m), Graphy(f),jendox,
olashas(f), kelmich(m), Tascocent(m), Trypa (you try pass), marioking, Tochiilo(m),
Samueldona(m), folowo(m), petokey, Idowuogbo(f), adamskutty,otkx, Deeeebie, Bravoe,
BIGVAJINA(f),highbeetohbadt, Psalmwise, senjo, brize (oga boss) toykathy, kingphilip, Livingwalker, horpe132, adegwurulez,virtuous900, waistaa, Bunsky, 4kizo, jonsnow92, Rajy00, seuncyber, ritababe, follyshade, Emperortj93, Emmykul4love,chingy74, pcaliphate,ultraawesome, Emmeritus, peterswagg, spawnx, Madawaki01, yemi2plus, chistar01, trinityo42, texanomaly, Francuiz, Tgold1, dazzy4real, donifez, plainmirror, emmadejust, odunharry, AmiableJay, Double194, smith403, foxy_flow, ERF, Tobiee, CallMeFemi, DeCritique, Ask4bigneyo, prettythicksme, chuzor73, Kunle106, Darus05,ezeigbo194, saxwizard Vyolet, Midehi, Omotayor123, kwhiz, popeferd, jendox, Edwardhead, dexterush, lilwheezy1.

Glorious1985, Funkere, Spongia1, BlackMaria, toliz, Wongi378, queenxey, Tunizzy, ojingbe, estilo, chinedumo, Slimzjoe, martin98, Alexgeneration, DonZaggy, lilwheezy1, oyinprince, gwenj, sinaj, darnley16, ponti93, boumee, roniex2, TiffanyJ, dshiningstar247, Royver, Princesschi, Divepen1, discoprophet, Niftyrules, RICKYMARIO, aydriano, lizbethy, D9ty7, handie, touchmeder, arabaribiti, mubzay, mtzion, candy, isaiahogodo, justseyi, keyemjay, Kaymania, frank317, Enoquin, uyisteven, Larrywiz,losprince, repogirl, mirajune, LarrySun, ThR0NeKiD, HelenBee, 007Bruce

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) by jaybiz007(m): 9:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
johnspurgeon014:
An old flame rekindles when Lade runs into a former male friend while working. Too bad she is no longer the person he once knew and knows she should stay away from him for his own good. And hers.
Although Banks sees the signs, it is not just curiosity that has gotten him to turn a blind eye to the writing on the wall. Her world may now be deep, dark and dirty, and everything he and his family wants to put far behind them as the climb higher on the social ladder, but just because she was once good enough, he believes she still has it in her to be a better version of herself, notwithstanding the repercussions.
Lade thinks so too. All that's left is to prove it to him, to his judgemental family and friends, to her unwilling boss, and hardest of all - to herself.
This is a story about love, self re-discovery and how easy it is to fall short of the finish line despite overcoming all the hurdles on the way.
You can download it on okadabooks here: http://okadabooks.com/book/about/lade_of_all_the_girls_in_lagos__adult_only_18/14525

Or send me a direct email requesting the .pdf version of the book for non-okadabook users @ campfirewriters@gmail.com

The book will be up for free for a limited period because I promised to make it so. So, I look forward to your honest reviews as usual. Thank you for the encouragement
Finally! Thanks for keeping to your word. You've got a mail smiley

1 Like

Re: Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) by SPDAZZY(f): 10:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
Thanks, downloaded from okadabooks.com. Thanks for keeping to your word

1 Like

Re: Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) by Nathblessing(m): 7:42pm On Jun 20, 2017
;DWow! Wow!! Wow!!!. Started reading this morning and finished just now. What a great book you have here.
But Johnspurgeon014 as much as i love the fact that sting died (though the idiot was even an agent that went rogue) yet the way it ended for Banks and Lade is kinda sad. They deserved pure undiluted happiness, especially Lade. Her life situation from onset is too filled with pain not to have a happy ever after. That singular news that sting escaped will always make them live in fear. I really wished they were notified about his death which would definitely be a huge relief for them. Infact they would live happily for the rest of their life.
Also, I had really wished you finally give Jeniffer some joy too. I had so hoped she would find love. Her type of person is rare. To handle the situation she was in with such maturity is just mind boggling. So kudos to her for that. I really wished she had a great man to love her too. Then i would have to loved that Lade really put Chika and Theresa in their place herself for always been negative about her, though i wont blame them too much for their insecurity when it concerns Lade, though i was a little bit satisfied that Idara did that.
All in all. You did a great job. Kudos to you sir. ;DWow! Wow!! Wow!!!. Started reading this morning and finished just now. What a great book you have here.
But Johnspurgeon014 as much as i love the fact that sting died (though the idiot was even an agent that went rogue) yet the way it ended for Banks and Lade is kinda sad. They deserved pure undiluted happiness, especially Lade. Her life situation from onset is too filled with pain not to have a happy ever after. That singular news that sting escaped will always make them live in fear. I really wished they were notified about his death which would definitely be a huge relief for them. Infact they would live happily for the rest of their life.
Also, I had really wished you finally give Jeniffer some joy too. I had so hoped she would find love. Her type of person is rare. To handle the situation she was in with such maturity is just mind boggling. So kudos to her for that. I really wished she had a great man to love her too. Then i would have to loved that Lade really put Chika and Theresa in their place herself for always been negative about her, though i wont blame them too much for their insecurity when it concerns Lade, though i was a little bit satisfied that Idara did that.
All in all. You did a great job. Kudos to you sir.

1 Like

Re: Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) by johnspurgeon014(m): 3:47am On Jun 21, 2017
[quote author=Nathblessing post=57702459] ;DWow! Wow!! Wow!!!. Started reading this morning and finished just now. What a great book you have here.
All in all. You did a great job. Kudos to you sir. ;DWow! Wow!! Wow!!!. Started reading this morning and finished just now. What a great book you have here.
But Johnspurgeon014 as much as i love the fact that sting died (though the idiot was even an agent that went rogue) yet the way it ended for Banks and Lade is kinda sad. They deserved pure undiluted happiness, especially Lade. Her life situation from onset is too filled with pain not to have a happy ever after. That singular news that sting escaped will always make them live in fear. I really wished they were notified about his death which would definitely be a huge relief for them. Infact they would live happily for the rest of their lives

Thanks a lot man. I am glad you enjoyed the book. Jennifer deserved closure as you rightly pointed out. I just didn't want to invite a new character so late into the story. Thanks for your comments again.

1 Like

Re: Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) by zesh(m): 1:48am On Jun 22, 2017
who would have thought that sting is an agent went rouge, the ending is good though it seem lade will forever be hook on drugs. a new character would av been good to make jenifer fall in love again.
in the its a wonderful book and i will always love this story

1 Like

Re: Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) by SPDAZZY(f): 11:41pm On Jun 26, 2017
Interesting read ! I love the reality, it's not easy to quit hard drugs, better not to start at all.

Thanks johnspurgeon014

1 Like

Re: Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) by johnspurgeon014(m): 3:04pm On Jun 28, 2017
SPDAZZY:
Interesting read ! I love the reality, it's not easy to quit hard drugs, better not to start at all.

Thanks johnspurgeon014

You're welcome. I appreciate it.
Re: Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) by johnspurgeon014(m): 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2017
zesh:
who would have thought that sting is an agent went rouge, the ending is good though it seem lade will forever be hook on drugs. a new character would av been good to make jenifer fall in love again.
in the its a wonderful book and i will always love this story

Thanks zesh. I had fun writing it, and I'm glad you had fun reading it too.
Re: Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) by DynamoDeGreat: 9:02pm On Jul 09, 2017
Johnspurgeon014 please can you send the pdf version to

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Fit Be Second Jesus(sex Na Food 2)the Return Of Spana By Youngzubi / 'my Names Are', Or 'my Name Is' / Chimamanda Adichie Buying Corn By The Roadside In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.