Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria (12300 Views)

5-Seater Helicopter Built By A Boy In Kogi With Local Materials. Photos / Nigerian Man Builds "Helicopter" In Oyo (photos) / 'Helicopter' Manufactured By Two Boys In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 6:02pm On Mar 04, 2016
smileyHi,my name is olatunji tomiwa a.k.a tommyclancy...from ogun state age-16,mobile no-09030693116 enough about me,this is the first thread i will be creating so,please kindy follow it.i just start building a flybarless rc helicopter and i am here to share my knowledge on how i am going to build it.And i am going to put pics on it.....
A flybarless helicopter seems to be more complex than flybar or fixed pitch(means the angle of attack of the blade is fixed).flybarless helicopter is more durable in flight and in windy weather condition than fp helicopter.THE below picture is me.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by joefredd006(m): 7:19pm On Mar 04, 2016
You beta make it worth our time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 7:23pm On Mar 04, 2016
To make it you need these tools flat screw driver(chisel),tiny screw driver star(for making holes),scissors,hammer,ruler or tape rule. The first process it took is the fabrication process of making the heli frame by using a plain aluminium sheet.firstly i drew a suitable design for the frame before constructing it in a piece of paper,and use a compass to draw it on the aluminium sheet.
I chisel out some parts and make hole with the required tools.

1 Share

Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 7:27pm On Mar 04, 2016
i do this when i am less busy and am trying to make it before i leave my school and i really love it i have make wired control car times without number and it was successful i even sold some.
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 8:08pm On Mar 04, 2016
schematic diagram

Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 6:55am On Mar 05, 2016
i needed some part to join the constructed frames together.i got these part from a lontor lamp and make some holes into it.Take closer look at the picture below

1 Share

Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 6:59am On Mar 05, 2016
THE main plastic that hold the two frames together is orange stuff in picture above

1 Share

Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 7:16am On Mar 05, 2016
The heli was coming up gradually.so the next thing i did was to insert my main shaft which was gotten from a radio atenna into the gear.
NOTE:i did this process before screwing up together.
The gear hole was a little bit wider than the shaft so insert a bobo or viju milk straw and glue.i needed some part to make the frame stand firm,those part i drew in the book was constructed with the aluminium sheet and make the necessary holes into it before screwing it together to form the skeleton of the heli body.
I realize that am lacking something which was the motor holder and i fabricate that part with aluminium sheet

1 Share

Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 7:38am On Mar 05, 2016
The tail gear system will be shaft system because that what i get with my location,i will be using bigger and a little smaller atenna to the bigger one.The bigger one will be outside while small one will be the one to rotote from another soure i.e a mini motor.
The tail system will be using bivel gears with some plastic (blue) and a mini iron rod.it is very sophisticated it took me 90hrs to construct this part,then i glued the small bivel gear at the tip of the small shaft and glued the bigger bivel gear into the mini shaft before adding the blue plastic at the bigger shaft(you should understand what i meant bigger and smaller) so as to diffrentiate the sizes.

1 Share

Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 6:21pm On Mar 05, 2016
The swashplate the most important part for a controlled helicopter.I constructed my swashplate with two plastic and a straw this contain a bigger plate and a smaller plate with a plastic straw in betweem them so as to make the upper part rotate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 7:09pm On Mar 05, 2016
making a helicopter is easy but getting the parts and the mechanical is not easy
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 7:45pm On Mar 05, 2016
I have built rc helicopter times without number think that it only require speed but unfortunately unsucessful but now i have understanding the basic principle of how rc helicopter works and decided to build a new one and share it people.
Like i said frame is the first thing i constructed i needed two pieces so make two of the same thing including the holer and i make a bearing from the aluminium sheet,folding 1cm with two holes at each side and make a hole in the middle which i put my viju straw into of 2cm and glue screwing them into the top of the helicopter for the shaft to be stable.
I melt a hole under the orange plastic for the shaft to penetrate and melt three holes at each side the same position on the frames so as to screw it together.
I fabricate some part to put the frame together like my motor holder which are battery sit part,tail boom holder,motor holder,shaft holder,tail motor sit which power the tail shaft and i screw them all together.i will make reply on how i make the landing gear....
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by barbiesparkz2(f): 2:51am On Mar 06, 2016
Hello tommyclancy,

I would like to commend you on your work.

Although seemingly crude, I like your creativity in making use of readily-available, home-made materials to achieve / replicate what is a complex system.

Your work reminds me of Parkingzz here on NL, who did similar works on RC helis & airplanes.

Keep up the good work & don't be discouraged by failures along the way.
I'm sure you'll go places with your skills & gifts.

Following...

1 Like

Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 8:05am On Mar 06, 2016
THANKS @BARBEISPARKZ2 AND I WILL heed to your advice have read all the thread on pakingzz.Even Though With Trials And Errors I Will Not Give Up.
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 8:11am On Mar 06, 2016
Most of the materials am using to build this helicopter was fabricated by me including the tail system,rotorhead,swashplate,landing gear etc also the blade, i wanted to build a fp helicopter but just because of the cyclic control i couldn't,and the control linkage but i found it easy on flybarless helicopter.
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 2:16pm On Mar 06, 2016
Like i said earlier swasgplate is the most important mechanical part for the control of a rc helicopter.
I just want to give a little explanation on how swashplate works.swashplate is a device the allow the control of the heli tn be put into act and it is mechanically possible through the help of a servo,i wil explaining what does means and what it does later.swashplate as a two plate with a ball bearing in the middle,this how it works the upper plate moves along with the blade and with a mechanical linkage rod while the lower plate does not move but only recieve signal from the servo with aid of a linkage rod.
But in a flybarless helicopter the swashplate i built as no ball bearing because the work is to move up and down for the move of the blade to create a angle of attack when commanded to do so because it as no cyclic control.flybarless helicopter angle of attack is not fixed but collectively change when commanded and it does not vary with speed,fp helicopter varies with speed
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2016
When are you going to complete it? Pls hurry up!
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2016
i do not know when am going to finish it because am still materials but as soon as am through with it i will let you guys know
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 4:12pm On Mar 06, 2016
i do not know when am going to finish it because am still materials but as soon as am through with it i will let you guys know.
Take note of this building a helicopter reqiure time and a lot of patience and it require great skills.
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 4:49pm On Mar 06, 2016
Tommyclancy:
i do not know when am going to finish it because am still gathering materials but as soon as am through with it i will let you guys know.
Take note of this building a helicopter reqiure time and a lot of patience and it require great skills.
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 4:51pm On Mar 06, 2016
Tommyclancy:
Like i said earlier swasgplate is the most important mechanical part for the control of a rc helicopter.
I just want to give a little explanation on how swashplate works.swashplate is a device the allow the control of the heli tn be put into act and it is mechanically possible through the help of a servo,i wil explaining what does means and what it does later.swashplate as a two plate with a ball bearing in the middle,this how it works the upper plate moves along with the blade and with a mechanical linkage rod while the lower plate does not move but only recieve signal from the servo with aid of a linkage rod.
But in a flybarless helicopter the swashplate i built as no ball bearing because the work is to move up and down for the move of the blade to create a angle of attack when commanded to do so because it as no cyclic control.flybarless helicopter angle of attack is not fixed but collectively change when commanded and it does not vary with speed,fp helicopter varies with speed
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 7:56pm On Mar 06, 2016
The landing gear is very easy to construct remember the orange stuff in the above pics check those two small pieces in between that is what i used for my landing gear.
In this process,i placed the plastic near candle fire make it melt a little bit and fold it into a landing gear shape i did this same process to the second pieces and after that i melt two holes at each pieces with a hot tiny iron metai rod for screwing them under the large orange stuff i used in holding the frames.
Now i melt two holes under the big orange plastic at the same position with the landing gear holes,so as for the screw to go into and dont forget to make the landing gears equal and not too tall for a better stand.The picture below is where the helicopter is standing with the landin gear.

1 Share

Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 7:57pm On Mar 06, 2016
Tommyclancy:
The landing gear is very easy to construct remember the orange stuff in the above pics check those two small pieces in between that is what i used for my landing gear.
In this process,i placed the plastic near candle fire make it melt a little bit and fold it into a landing gear shape i did this same process to the second pieces and after that i melt two holes at each pieces with a hot tiny iron metai rod for screwing them under the large orange stuff i used in holding the frames.
Now i melt two holes under the big orange plastic at the same position with the landing gear holes,so as for the screw to go into and dont forget to make the landing gears equal and not too tall for a better stand.The picture below is where the helicopter is standing with the landin gear.
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 6:40pm On Mar 07, 2016
I measured the weight on a scale including the main motor,tail motor,landing gear and the frames it weighed up to 400grames withe exception of battery,speed controller ,secvo and so on.
After compiling everything together it should at least not to weigh up to 800g or below because am fabricting everything my self including the servo,esc(electronic speed controller),but the major problem is that i dont have any tx and rx .am trying to use a ps3 controller with reciever so am not sure if it going to work.
I will put some explanation on how i will make my servo and esc.[i]I measured the weight on a scale including the main motor,tail motor,landing gear and the frames it weighed up to 400grames withe exception of battery,speed controller ,secvo and so on.
After compiling everything together it should at least not to weigh up to 800g or below because am fabricting everything my self including the servo,esc(electronic speed controller),but the major problem is that i dont have any tx and rx .am trying to use a ps3 controller with reciever so am not sure if it going to work.
I will put some explanation on how i will make my servo and esc.[/i]I measured the weight on a scale including the main motor,tail motor,landing gear and the frames it weighed up to 400grames withe exception of battery,speed controller ,secvo and so on.
I will put some explanation on how i will make my servo and esc.
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 6:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
Here is an explanation of my homemade electronic speed controller in this process you require the following materials.i will be giving two different types of the esc.
Method 1:
materials required are 500 ohm resistor,transistor,potentiometer,solding iron and solder wire.
All you need to do is to connect the listed materials according to the picture below with your solding iron and solder wire.

1 Share

Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 6:53pm On Mar 07, 2016
Instead of the transistor,you can use a Bec
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 07, 2016
Lalasticlacla... FP fast fast
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 6:38am On Mar 08, 2016
building a homemade heli with fabricated materials is not a day job
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 6:56am On Mar 08, 2016
The second method to make a simple esc.
Materials transistoq,pot .wire,solding iron and solder wire.it is very simple just check this connection below in the pics
Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 6:58am On Mar 08, 2016
here is the picture

1 Share

Re: Homemade Flybarless Rc Helicopter Nigeria by Tommyclancy(m): 6:52pm On Mar 09, 2016
THE FLYBARLESS ROTOR HEAD
%-)The rotor head was made out aluminium sheet,nuts and bolts,tiny metal rod with an atenna bigger than the main shaft,plier,hammer,scissors etc.The first step i took was to draw the shape of the blade holder and make all necessary holes.
The atenna,i make a small hole in the atenna and insert the tiny rod inside and i make sure that outer part are of the same length.A black thick plastic was cut into the size of the blade holder
NOTE:the aluminium sheet a for pieces of the same size and holes.
I melt a hole into the middle of each plastic,that tiny iron rod would fit in and a little bit short than the length of the iron at each side.After that i melt a hole straight into the plastic along on two first holes at the tip of the aluminium sheet and screw together along with the second aluminium sheet .i did same process along side with the second two pieces.Now i have two side completely done.The pic should explain better

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Appointed Secretary-General Of CTO / China To Nigeria: Aliexpress, Dhgate, 1688, Alibaba Shipping Advice And Tracking / Doctor Regrows Man’s Missing Fingertip Using Pig Bladder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.