Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,731 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Fashola Warns Mend - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Warns Mend (22601 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Don't Contest 2015 Election- Prophet Warns Jonathan / This Is ARMED Mend. 48hrs Before The Explosions In Abuja. video. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ibime(m): 2:46pm On Jul 16, 2009
tpia.:

Yorubas arent your brothers- dont confuse the sellouts you roll with for the entire Yoruba people- generalizations help no one. wink

yes, my family members have the H factor and tribal marks. Do those things offend you in some way?  I myself always overuse my aitches when talking. Didnt know it wasnt cool until just recently.

Very embarassing to be from the same country as these ugly, tribally marked, primitive, dirty and bush Yorubas, right? They look like people who fought with a tiger and got their face all scratched up.

Always claiming lagos which doesnt belong to them and using Niger Delta oil and revenue like the parasites they are.

Somebody call Aloy.Emeka. . . . his wife is spazzing out again. . .  grin

Shebi tkb417 na sell-out na?  grin
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 16, 2009
Ibime:

Somebody call Aloy.Emeka. . . . his wife is spazzing out again. . .  grin

Shebi tkb417 na sell-out na?  grin

what is with the name dropping? Are you trying to impress or something?

All anyone has to do is go through people's posts to find out who is what.

and what did I type that you and yours arent already aware of?

Is it that Yorubas arent ugly or that they're dirty and even lagos which they're always eager to claim, is full of potholes, bad roads, ugly unhygienic Yoruba people and rickety infrastructure?

Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 2:48pm On Jul 16, 2009
please name your state of origin and hometown so MEND can go make a statement against the FG and Yaradua there.

Its all for the cause.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
very correct!

Somebody call Aloy.Emeka. . . . his wife is spazzing out again. . .  

Shebi tkb417 na sell-out na?  
she wasnt talking about me
i guess she didnt know you were refering to me so come off it
i no be sell out joh grin grin
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by debosky(m): 2:48pm On Jul 16, 2009
tpia.:

@ bolded

you're basing your assumption on what exactly? That's a pretty broad statement. Beware of generalization and pipe dreams.

No assumption or generalization, but let me give you some examples

1. the comments of the Lagos State Governor: He said that Lagos as the headquarters of the national press has been the medium of agitation and as a melting pot of nationalities; the people of Lagos have protected and hosted even displaced Niger Deltans.

2. the Governor explained that the State itself has been a victim of years of neglect as a former federal capital which continues to serve as the host community to all ethnic communities and as economic nerve centre of the country.

He said: “Is Lagos not also a victim of years of neglect? Is this an agitation without limits, is a friendly and host State fair game?”

Lagos itself is battling with the center for more control over it's revenues from VAT, import duties and the like, not only suffering impacts of industrial production/shipping without being able to mitigate with revenue from those activities.

This is near-identical to the Niger Delta call for resource control and environmental remediation, so in principle, they are fighting for the same thing.

"legitimate targets", huh?
Any target that can be hit to affect the Federal Government and make it reconsider it's stance is a legitimate target - these include assets of Federal Agencies such as the NNPC, especially when related to oil and gas and when there is a perception of neglect of the Niger Delta in favour of other areas.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tayo4lif: 2:49pm On Jul 16, 2009
Fhemmmy i have to agree with the igboman this time. fashola is an idiot. how is fashola stand up for us. MEND want to set us free from the north. And fashola is against it. who is fashola supporting the south or the North , Fhemmmy  tell me. fashola should resign. Fashola should be buying guns for  MEND or OPC. not saying nonsense.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 16, 2009
debosky:

No assumption or generalization, but let me give you some examples

1. the comments of the Lagos State Governor: He said that Lagos as the headquarters of the national press has been the medium of agitation and as a melting pot of nationalities; the people of Lagos have protected and hosted even displaced Niger Deltans.

2. the Governor explained that the State itself has been a victim of years of neglect as a former federal capital which continues to serve as the host community to all ethnic communities and as economic nerve centre of the country.

He said: “Is Lagos not also a victim of years of neglect? Is this an agitation without limits, is a friendly and host State fair game?”

Lagos itself is battling with the center for more control over it's revenues from VAT, import duties and the like, not only suffering impacts of industrial production/shipping without being able to mitigate with revenue from those activities.

This is near-identical to the Niger Delta call for resource control and environmental remediation, so in principle, they are fighting for the same thing.
Any target that can be hit to affect the Federal Government and make it reconsider it's stance is a legitimate target - these include assets of Federal Agencies such as the NNPC, especially when related to oil and gas and when there is a perception of neglect of the Niger Delta in favour of other areas.

and to you, this translates as "support for MEND".
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2009
tayo4lif:

Fhemmmy i have to agree with the igboman this time. fashola is an idiot. how is fashola stand up for us. MEND want to set us free from the north. And fashola is against it. who is fashola supporting the south or the North , Fhemmmy  tell me. fashola should resign. Fashola should be buying guns for  MEND or OPC. not saying nonsense.

How has bombing Lagos fighting for justice, what would you guys expect fashola to have done, is fashola the FG that decide on how and where they share their stupid head?
This is not a lagos issue and shdn't be brought to lagos.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 2:54pm On Jul 16, 2009
tayo4lif:

Fhemmmy i have to agree with the igboman this time. fashola is an idiot. how is fashola stand up for us. MEND want to set us free from the north. And fashola is against it. who is fashola supporting the south or the North , Fhemmmy tell me. fashola should resign. Fashola should be buying guns for MEND or OPC. not saying nonsense.
e be like say fashola don demolish this guys shop for Oshodi
agbero grin
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2009
tkb417:

e be like say fashola don demolish this guys shop for Oshodi
agbero grin

Surely seems like it oh, cos i am not sure what he wanted the guy to do, maybe he wants Fashola to go and beg Yar'fukcedUp for them oh
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

How has bombing Lagos fighting for justice, what would you guys expect fashola to have done, is fashola the FG that decide on how and where they share their stupid head?
This is not a lagos issue and shdn't be brought to lagos.

Its always about Lagos.

A while ago people were complaining Lagos was developed at the expense of "other parts of the country". Some will say Lagos belongs to Benin. Always one excuse or another.

That's why the attack is obviously preplanned. The way MEND and MENDish elements brazenly boast of their agenda is really interesting.

Getting control of lagos is always an end goal undecided They feel Lagos is the reason Yorubas are making yanga. Without lagos, Yorubas will be brought to their knees. undecided
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tayo4lif: 2:58pm On Jul 16, 2009
what fashola should do is keep quiet, if fashola can not fight for the yoruba people but MEND want to fight. shutting down pipeline is the only way to make the north come to the table. fashola is an agent of the north.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 16, 2009
yes oh.

We need MEND and MENDish elements to fight for Yoruba people.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Kx: 3:05pm On Jul 16, 2009
However right fash response may be,
I just know dat u cannot warn d armed group dat attacked u right in ur backyard
while u were sleeping.

Its rightly not fash problem,it goes to say nigeria navy and army
can be given a surprised attack anyday anytime right in dia barrack.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 3:06pm On Jul 16, 2009
Any target that can be hit to affect the Federal Government and make it reconsider it's stance is a legitimate target - these include assets of Federal Agencies such as the NNPC, especially when related to oil and gas and when there is a perception of neglect of the Niger Delta in favour of other areas
and what if other groups, (maybe Lagos state thru OPC) and some others start bombing everywhere, do you think Nigeria will be the same?
if the CBN, Stock exchange, airports, Geneal hospitals are bombed today, the sufferings will be X2

There is no justification for any attempt to destroy 'our assets' cos of one misplaced priorities from some disgruntled social misfits!!
i will start taking them seriously when they start shelling the houses of those that have benefitted from the loot amongst them

The Iboris, the others that are directly responsible for the misappropriation of the 'little' approtioned to the sector shld be taken first
wht happened to the huge sums given to the ompadecs, NDC and some others?

How can i take a group known to belong to dreaded cult groups while in school seriously?
were they not the same set of people killing and maiming innocent PH people cos they wanted to show how powerful they were

The henry Okah i knew years back was into the buying and selling of guns to cultists and political machineries and pls how come hes now a freedom fighter? Tom and Sagbama george?
how are they different from Lucifer in the Enugu/Benin Metropolis years back?
these are  gun totting blood sucking demons championing  maybe a genuine course.

Pls, let there be sincerity of purpose in all we do or hence na anarchy go end am
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Mowire: 3:09pm On Jul 16, 2009
tayo4lif:

what fashola should do is keep quiet, if fashola can not fight for the yoruba people but MEND want to fight. shutting down pipeline is the only way to make the north come to the table. fashola is an agent of the north.

Sure, you, this guy are a SHAME & EMBARASSMENT to your family. So incapable of thinking. angry
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 3:10pm On Jul 16, 2009
tayo4lif:

I think what most of you should do is to be quiet, and not Fashola.
With all the pipelines that has been busted, what have they achived/
What you have achieved so far is seeing naira depreciate, seeing Nigeria producing lesser Oil, seeing other nations in Africa being head.
When you negotiating, it is not about North and the MEND, it is about FG and the MEND.
i hate tribal sentiments
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 16, 2009
Kx:

However right fash response may be,
I just know dat u cannot warn d armed group dat attacked u right in ur backyard
while u were sleeping.

Its rightly not fash problem,it goes to say nigeria navy and army
can be given a surprised attack anyday anytime right in dia barrack.

so?

I'm shaking in my shoes. sad
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by lee007(m): 3:12pm On Jul 16, 2009
Tpia and Tayo4Lif or whatever you call yourselves, you are heating up this forum, no wonder the nation has become this bad.

Your thought process is so demented that i wonder what kind of Leaders you will make. sad

See, attacking Tribe or Race is wrong, we never achieve anything doing so, Please stop.

Am a yoruba man and am proud to be one, Telling fashola to buy guns for Militants shocked, that is the height of feeble mindedness.

Go to youtube and watch clips on wars african nations have fought, am sure uill change your mind.

Lagos Must work, Lagos is a Model, Eko o ni baje!
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by wolexf(m): 3:13pm On Jul 16, 2009
I think the MEND group are just a big joke, causing unnecessary commotion, in as much as the Government is not doing as much as it should for the Niger Delta people, but they are not even getting value for the little the government has tried to do.

We all know very well the case of Alamyesia (pardon the spelling) and James Ibori these are former governors who have stolen billions of naira meant for the niger delta people, how can these men be enjoying and walking around freely and the group MEND will claim to be fighting for their rights.  

If you are form Delta and you dont have water, good roads, schools, hospitals its because James Ibori stole the money for the 8 yrs he was governor, same goes for Bayelsa and the others these governors are your primary enemies not Shell, Chevron or the Federal Government . If i hear one of these governors mansions were blown with Bomb or one of their kid was kidnapped and ransom was paid then i will know that MEND are really fighting a good course.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2009
wolexf:

I think the MEND group are just a big joke, causing unnecessary commotion, in as much as the Government is not doing as much as it should for the Niger Delta people, but they are not even getting value for the little the government has tried to do.

We all know very well the case of Alamyesia (pardon the spelling) and James Ibori these are former governors who have stolen billions of naira meant for the niger delta people, how can these men be enjoying and walking around freely and the group MEND will claim to be fighting for their rights.  

If you are form Delta and you dont have water, good roads, schools, hospitals its because James Ibori stole the money for the 8 yrs he was governor, same goes for Bayelsa and the others these governors are your primary enemies not Shell, Chevron or the Federal Government . If i hear one of these governors mansions were blown with Bomb or one of their kid was kidnapped and ransom was paid then i will know that MEND are really fighting a good course.

I used to support their fight, cos i thot they were fighting for the people.
But now i know they are just ridiculous and they can only do this kinda nonsense with a messed up leader, else, they would have been roasted and toasted.
They wanna fight justice and now start to kidnap people that has nothing to do with the govt and their cause.
they are just thugs and needs to be tamed
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by lee007(m): 3:17pm On Jul 16, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[color=#990000][/color]

You Hit the nail on the head man thumbs up.
wht hve thier own people given them, what?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ibime(m): 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2009
Some people need to let go of tribal sensitivities. . . .Debosky and other progressive minded peeps are not selling out, rather buying-in to the idea of resorce control and regional autonomy. Raj Fashola and the Govt of Lagos is seen as a beacon of hope for the future stability of Nigeria under regional autonomy and fiscal federalism. I troway salute to Sir Fashola for his work in seeking fiscal and bureacratic independence from the Nigerian State.

However, no longer will the mega-cities of Nigeria be a getaway from the problems of the hinterland. When the war reach your domot, you will be forced to buck one way or another. Politicians in Lagos and Yorubaland now have a decision to make - pressure the Fed Govt to acquiesce to the demands of the Niger-Delta (resource control), or join the Federal Govt to oppose the demands of the Niger-Delta. There is no neutrality where injustice is being meted out, especially in your own country where you have a say in the political process. You are either with it, or against.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by superior1: 3:21pm On Jul 16, 2009
@tayo4lif u need your brain re examined, why you no collect your injection finish for aro?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 3:24pm On Jul 16, 2009
Even if you want Fashola to chose a side, what is on the table for him to chose from?
You expect anyone to join side with people kidnapping people and seeking ransom?
You expect anyone to join side with people that are bombing and setting on fire the natural resources of their nation/
Common------wld u?
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by MUZBO(m): 3:26pm On Jul 16, 2009
nuzo:

Thats the problem with nigerians. . . . they will never try to talk in order settle issues amicably.
What settlement do you want after you came blabbing with your 1st post that Lagosians are the enemy.
nuzo:

Having said that, I dare any nigerian to attack my people unfairly and see what will come out of it.
See this PUNK ASS SCRUB saying unfairly! Was the MEND attack on Lagos fair? And pls what will come out of it? You think we give a Bleep if you are an arms dealer in China? Better brace up!
nuzo:

Trust me, the system is very hot right now.
Yeah, the heat is on 'your people' now. See how you felt it from Shanghai!
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by debosky(m): 3:28pm On Jul 16, 2009
tpia.:

and to you, this translates as "support for MEND".

Is it that you are bent on reading your own warped meaning into my posts or that you are simply not following the discourse?  

I said Lagos supports the NIGER DELTA agitation and is their agitation is NOT synonymous with MEND. If you can't comprehend that then I have nothing further to say to you.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by tkb417(m): 3:30pm On Jul 16, 2009
Yeah, the heat is on 'your people' now. See how you felt it from Shanghai!
dont mind that jackie chan joh
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Ibime(m): 3:34pm On Jul 16, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Even if you want Fashola to chose a side, what is on the table for him to chose from?
You expect anyone to join side with people kidnapping people and seeking ransom?
You expect anyone to join side with people that are bombing and setting on fire the natural resources of their nation/
Common------wld u?

It is not Fashola himself, but the Yoruba polity as a whole. . . . Fashola himself has no votes to change anything. . . . we're talking senators and the people who control them. . . . power-brokers etc. . . Long before kidnapping and rehrehreh, Naija Deltans have been agitating for resource control. . . . many non-militarised Niger-Deltans (& others) are still agitating for that. . . . . . . people like Gani Fawehimni, Ledum Mitee, Wole Soyinka, Rochas Okorocha, Pat Utomi etc. . . . . are these people labelled as "joining side" with people who "kidnap and ransom"?. . . . . whenever a negotiation turns violent (as the Niger-Delta negotiation has) it will always be the criminals and "strong men" of the society who pick up arms first cos they are used to that lifestyle. . . . that does not mean their fight is not a genuine one. . .
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 16, 2009
Ibime:

It is not Fashola himself, but the Yoruba polity as a whole. . . . Fashola himself has no votes to change anything. . . . we're talking senators and the people who control them. . . . power-brokers etc. . . Long before kidnapping and rehrehreh, Naija Deltans have been agitating for resource control. . . . many non-militarised Niger-Deltans (& others) are still agitating for that. . . . . . . people like Gani Fawehimni, Ledum Mitee, Wole Soyinka, Rochas Okorocha, Pat Utomi etc. . . . . are these people labelled as "joining side" with people who "kidnap and ransom"?. . . . . whenever a negotiation turns violent (as the Niger-Delta negotiation has) it will always be the criminals and "strong men" of the society who pick up arms first cos they are used to that lifestyle. . . . that does not mean their fight is not a genuine one. . .

I feel your pain. sad
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 16, 2009
debosky:

Is it that you are bent on reading your own warped meaning into my posts or that you are simply not following the discourse? 

I said Lagos supports the NIGER DELTA agitation and is their agitation is NOT synonymous with MEND. If you can't comprehend that then I have nothing further to say to you.

let me rephrase

so to you, all that translates as Lagos and lagosians supporting Niger Delta agitation.

I suppose, like Ibime and the rest, you're talking of the "majority".
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by Fhemmmy: 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2009
Ibime:

My question still remains, what do u think the yorubas, the senators and the rest could have done, when the people you want them to side and see/feel their pain is destroying the resources of the nation?
Besides, controlling their own resources cant be a solution, however, i will admit that they needs to be better compensated and make sure their lands are OK, and taken cared of, but they cant control their own natural resources.
Re: Fashola Warns Mend by 1stestees(m): 3:41pm On Jul 16, 2009
This is gradually being given an ethnic colouration. The interesting part of this is that we are identifying the niger deltans in the house.
Now, frankly speaking, somone need tell these boys to put an end to this criminality, the earlier they do that the better for them and more importantly the "innocent" women & children whose origin is the niger delta and are scattered all over.

Directing them to Kaduna, Kano, Abuja or other parts of the west as some have suggested is not only infantile but misguided. Did anyone remember what led to the sprouting of such regional armed groups such as OPC, APC, MASSOB etc in the earlier part of OBJ's 1st term? regional & ethnic interest.
Me think these boys have allowed selfish interest of some to take over a war they would hve won by non violet perseverance.

There is also the need to know that there are some shallow minded individual on the forum (by their post you shall know them), we need not take them too seriously.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

‘none Of The Released Chibok Girls Was Sexually Abused’ / Robbery In Aso Rock Is Fake News - Bashir Ahmad (President Buhari's PA) / Precious Chikwendu Files N800m Suit Against IGP, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.