Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? (3558 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Can A Born Again Give A Head During Sex? / Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by fortunejum: 7:52am On Jul 16, 2009
hello friends, can a born again christian work in a beer manufacturing company as a production manager after searching for job for many years?
Re: Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by chuchwhite: 11:22am On Jul 16, 2009
Who be this?
Re: Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by abhosts(m): 4:24pm On Jul 16, 2009
Wrong section!

You should post this kinda question in the religion section.
Re: Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by aieromon(m): 5:21am On Jul 17, 2009
Mod Mod,do ya thing nah!
Re: Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by Phony200(m): 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2009
Delete! Delete!
Re: Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by ngel0v3(m): 2:11pm On Jul 17, 2009
Even though this is not the right place to post this question, I understand that the problem must be bothering you pretty badly. Now, let can me rephrase your question into my own version: Can a Born Again Christian Work In a Brothel as a love-vendor; you know managing the prostitutes?

I'm sure your conscience is answering back right now. Note this down please: NOT ALL JOBS ON THIS EARTH ARE MEANT FOR GOD'S PEOPLE.

Personally, I'd say turn down the job and believe God for better offers,  and why not, a better idea! I believe you sound like someone who has the potential to start something on your own. That is, entrepreneurial ability. I know, because you exhibit the ability to question your actions responsibly. Give it a try. Ask God for ideas. Perhaps, He wishes that you use your gifts to even employ others. I have seen stories like this; over and over and over.

Pray my dear. This is just the beginning of your discovery,

Chou!  smiley
Re: Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by insongrata(m): 12:04pm On Jul 20, 2009
@ngel @holymicheal @holymoses:

It's like a christian assuming the commander of Gbëgé headquarters.

Most of the Arabanco-Oyêngëwé Churches we find today where their pastors roast their hair like Gbégé leaders and the girls in those churches dress worst than pimps from an overnight workload in a client's tow, why wouldn't people get confused easily not knowing what to do and where to work.

@question master: Run from all the appearance of abrakadabra and Oringo oringo Jobs.

If you attend any of the Oyëngéwhé churches, better Vamus from their now.

You can start zobo, Kunun zakki, ruwan lemon zakki, Pito and Burukutu Brewery company Nigeria enterprises international limited Nigerian PLC.

You will secure loans from NAPEP and SMEs and NDE and Micro Credit banks of banks their in Nigeria.

Goods lucky oh. grin grin grin
Re: Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by felifeli: 5:27pm On Jul 21, 2009
Yes you can I think, If you are working from home on your computer .
(see this is the right section after all)
Re: Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by saraj(f): 11:51am On Aug 25, 2009
Its not illegal to manufacture beer, so I doubt it would be a sin.
You also don't have to drink it.
God would understand, I'm sure
Re: Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by Image123(m): 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2009
I'm sure God understands your folly more than I do.
Re: Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by kshow1(m): 11:40pm On Aug 25, 2009
yes you can as long as you pay your tithes to the church. grin
Re: Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by insongrata(m): 2:48am On Aug 26, 2009
In my opinion and understanding, I think that some of you guys on this thread have got it, and or are getting it all wrong by your limited knowledge of God's word for standard Christian living.

If drinking of beer will make your heart to guiltly sin; to cause your brother that sees you drinking it to sin: based on your (both of you) perceived beliefs, then I implore you to sacrifice the urge to drink for the sake of your brother's faith and your too.

2, Strong wine and drinks are not meant for 'kings', yet there is no place in the bible it was categorically stated you should not drink beer. Nonetheless, the bible speaks strongly against intoxication, while it encourages moderation in all that we do, including drinking just a little in cases of medical stance.

Beer, when taken at a little quantity, will serve the body as a beverage and anti cholesterol agent that enhances better circulatory functions of the blood in transporting nutrients to the needed intrinsic points they act out their various purposes.

3, For the summarilly enumerated highlights, I suppose the porter's and respondents' undertanding has been significantly broadened to place you on a better perspective to make clearly, and informed choice and decision for choosing whether or not to work in a brewery as a Christian (born again).

Do you need further insightful thoughts? Reach me on fiery.thunderman@gmail.com

Cheers. smiley wink cool
Re: Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by otokx(m): 2:51am On Aug 26, 2009
Beer is not bad in itself; drunkenness is. Jesus turned water into alcoholic wine and the marriage guests were blessed. So please you can work in a Brewery. Even Jesus sef worked there at one time.
Re: Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 26, 2009
@poster
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a christian consuming alcohol talkless of working in a brewery. Even Jesus christ himself was a regular drinker. Luke 7:33-34.
Re: Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 26, 2009
@ all, SHAYTANI, really working on this thread, or dnt u know the people that they gave scriptures to changed it for a little gain and their abode is HELL, and if u follow their footstep, u wont be saved from the HELL too, they twisted the scripture to suit their lifestyle, and u're all encouraging it, save urselves from the charcoal of hell fire,cos ALCOHOL is the mother of all sin be it small or plenty
Re: Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 26, 2009
@grace, am sure ure a drunkard
Re: Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by insongrata(m): 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2009
@all: Most of the respondents seem so quite ignorant of God's word, as obviously, the posts indicate so much lack of knowledge on the part of those claimig that Jesus himself was a drunk and even once was a brewery worker (this is not true but misleading), or that he turned water into wine (this also shouldn't be an excuse for one to become an alcoholic either).

Then I quite find some other postings most funny, as those ones claim to be personal secretaries of the HOLY SPIRIT, and pretend to be God's BODY GUARDS. This behaviour rather, shows their poor, shallow and or, complete lack of the common knowledge about God's word. They think they are in the positon to 'create and manufacture hell fire', where they can easily send all those who doesn't imbibe or subscribe to their half-baked knowledge, and then turn those ones to barbecue of all sorts.

Haven said such, what God demands most importantly from us, His 'replica - cloned' creatures is repentance, righteousness, and godly love for one another, and all our neighbours inauding all mankind. Godliness and renewal of our mind as of that of the Christ is paramount to a good Christian living.

Let God's holy spirit rather guide us into all truth and reveal more of God's heart through God's word.

I implore you to spend time to search God's mind through HIS word, the Holy bible, and he shall shine His light upon your pathways so you'll not stumble, and he shall direct your steps.

Gbeges must stop being funny you know. Peace ooooooooh! grin
Re: Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by Basildon1(m): 12:24pm On Aug 26, 2009
The bible has only condemned alcohol in excess. How in God's name can a right thinking human compare this to managing a brothel,
Dude,do your job like every other job and do your best. Do not misquote the bible.
Re: Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by dafidixone(m): 2:04pm On Aug 27, 2009
It depends on how he got the job. If the offer does not pass any process of recruitment. That is, if the person got the offer without realy applying for it. He must inquire of God if truely a born again, God will talk to you about it.

But I feel strongly, if you apply for the job without looking at what God want, then you have to follow your mind.
Re: Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by Polchiz(m): 6:00am On May 26, 2020
ngel0v3:
Even though this is not the right place to post this question, I understand that the problem must be bothering you pretty badly. Now, let can me rephrase your question into my own version: Can a Born Again Christian Work In a Brothel as a love-vendor; you know managing the prostitutes?

I'm sure your conscience is answering back right now. Note this down please: NOT ALL JOBS ON THIS EARTH ARE MEANT FOR GOD'S PEOPLE.

Personally, I'd say turn down the job and believe God for better offers,  and why not, a better idea! I believe you sound like someone who has the potential to start something on your own. That is, entrepreneurial ability. I know, because you exhibit the ability to question your actions responsibly. Give it a try. Ask God for ideas. Perhaps, He wishes that you use your gifts to even employ others. I have seen stories like this; over and over and over.

Pray my dear. This is just the beginning of your discovery,

Chou!  smiley
For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, ‘He has a demon.’ The Son of Man has come eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Look, a glutton and a winebibber [an excessive drinker], a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’” (Luke 7:33-34).

Vine’s Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words says the Greek word for winebibber, oinopotes, means “ ‘a wine drinker’ (oinos, and potes, ‘a drinker’).”

In the Old Testament the word winebibber is used to describe those who abuse the use of alcohol (Proverbs 23:20). Since Jesus drank a little wine from time to time, this opened Him up to the charge of abusing it. Christ, of course, always drank in moderation; He never abused alcohol.

The Bible teaches that it is the misuse of alcohol that is a sin (Romans 13:13; Galatians 5:21; 1 Peter 4:3). Reflecting its use in moderation, Judges 9:13 speaks of wine that “cheers both God and men.”Psalm 104 also presents moderate alcohol use in a positive light: “And wine that makes glad the heart of man” (verse 15).

It’s also noteworthy that Christ’s first public miracle was turning water into a fine quality wine (John 2:1-11), something He surely would not have done if drinking any alcoholic beverage were a sin.

Christ instructed Christians to take wine as part of the Passover service (1 Corinthians 11:25-26). In the context of this instruction, Paul corrected some of the Corinthian congregation for getting drunk at the Passover (1 Corinthians 11:21).Clearly, they were using fermented wine in the observance of the Passover or it would not have been possible for them to become drunk.
Re: Can A Born Again Christiian Work In A Beer Manufacturing Company? by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On May 26, 2020
fortunejum:
hello friends, can a born again christian work in a beer manufacturing company as a production manager after searching for job for many years?
Why not? Dem tell you say Born again's no dey drink Beer?

Luke 7 vs 33 (NIV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
33 . John the Baptizer came and did not eat the usual food or drink wine. And you say, ‘He has a demon inside him.’
34 . The Son of Man came eating and drinking. And you say, ‘Look at him! He eats too much and drinks too much wine! He is a friend of tax collectors and other sinners!’
35 . But wisdom is shown to be right by those who accept it.”
If Jesus Himself did not shy away from his wine, why should you have a problem with making it?

(1) (Reply)

Why does everyone hate the Apostle Paul? / How Should One Find Out Which Religion Is The Truth? / 'please Stay At Home And Watch Tv: The Stadium Is Already Full' -pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.