Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,422 members, 7,808,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- (77346 Views)

Poll: ???

bolz: 0% (0 votes)
meee: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

NO2 MAXIMUS – Scam Complaints Board ! Http://nationalfitnesspoint.com/no2-maximu / Healthy Eating Guidelines / Health Section Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Go Down)

Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by omnislife(m): 10:34pm On Jul 09, 2010
i'm sorry i'm relatively new here and i read all the rules before posting.I would like to know why one of my posts is missing
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by dominique(f): 8:27am On Jul 13, 2010
@NKF
i've reported your posts 3 times already, don't know why they've not been reinstated. could be because you were discussing costs of transplant and dialysis.

@Doctor Jerry
your posts were removed because they contain spam-like qualities. i've reported them though i seriously doubt they will be restored.

@omnis4life
checked your past posts, doesn't look like spam to me and i've reported it. it should come up soon.
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by sirgeorge(m): 10:48pm On Jul 13, 2010
I'm sorry dominique but i started thread few days back and every time i post new info it's recorded on my profile but doesn't show up on the thread.I've tried to repost it several times and i seriously don't want it to be taken as spam.I don't know if i should be patient or just abandon the thread altogether and try to start new one.Thank you
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by omnislife(m): 10:53pm On Jul 13, 2010
i'm sorry.i made mistake.Sir george is my 2nd username.Thank you
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by surgeon(m): 8:22pm On Jul 17, 2010
Hello, @dominique.

Seeing that you are the Moderator on the Health section, I need to check with you - Does pointing to ones BBCoded signature break any Forum Rules, if that BBCoded signature is the URL of another web-site? I just did this while starting a new thread in the health section.

Thanks.
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by surgeon(m): 8:25pm On Jul 17, 2010
surgeon:

Hello, @dominique.

Seeing that you are the Moderator on the Health section, I need to check with you - Does pointing to ones BBCoded signature break any Forum Rules, if that BBCoded signature is the URL of another web-site? I just did this while starting a new thread in the health section.

Thanks.

"@surgeon
it's not against forum rules. scanned through the blog is quite interesting i must say.
"

I've seen your reply, quoted above. Thanks for the compliment on the blog.
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by omnislife(m): 3:13am On Jul 18, 2010
Sorry to disturb you again dominique but another post is missing on my thread.Thank you.
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by dominique(f): 8:31pm On Jul 18, 2010
noted
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by surgeon(m): 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2010
*deleted*
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by omnislife(m): 1:09am On Jul 24, 2010
It's seems quite odd that everything i post disappears mysteriously.
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by Manofsteel(m): 10:44am On Jul 24, 2010
Moderator,
You  have moved my threads to inaccessible boards in the past for absolutely no reason and youve now repeated the act. Please restore my thread '' ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION WHY HERBS DONT WORK'' to the main board. The only reason i can cite for the movement is a user (keeptrying) replied to it. This doesnt appear to be a spambot error.
I wont stop posting here .
Seun Osewa , this kind of un-reasonable moderating doesnt cast a good light on your site. Moderators cannot / shouldnt be allowed to express their personal bias via moderation as they are supposed to be neutral umpires, within the limits of reasoning.
Please call this sort of practice to order.
Many thanks.
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by dominique(f): 8:44pm On Jul 25, 2010
Manofsteel:

Moderator,
You  have moved my threads to inaccessible boards in the past for absolutely no reason and youve now repeated the act. Please restore my thread '' ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION WHY HERBS DONT WORK'' to the main board. The only reason i can cite for the movement is a user (keeptrying) replied to it.

FYI, advertising questionable goods and services is against forum rules. how about that for a reason?

I wont stop posting here

and i won't try and stop you.

Seun Osewa , this kind of un-reasonable moderating doesnt cast a good light on your site. Moderators cannot / shouldnt be allowed to express their personal bias via moderation as they are supposed to be neutral umpires, within the limits of reasoning.
Please call this sort of practice to order.
Many thanks.

you think i pick on you specifically? you must have a very high opinion of yourself.
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by Manofsteel(m): 9:30am On Jul 26, 2010
i see you have removed the thread again. Anyone reading my thread can see nothing was advertised in that post. You removed a thread. But which of the other requests here have you dealt with ? You see moderator you only expose yourself as ineffective and vindictive choosing to delete my thread while on the other hand you have not dealt with other ' missing ' posts and deleted entries.
It is only a matter of time before others especially admin see you for what you really are - a liability. Im sure other users here have the same sentiment.
You do a terrible job moderating here, your knowledge of medicine and medical conditions is vacant or at best shallow, youre lazy,you  prefer to criticise rather than investigate and think that moderation is all about editing posts and deleting threads. Others will not tell you this, they will only come here and try to make nice with you hoping youre gonna act on their request. But your too lazy.
I will continue to make contributions here. You can continue to delete my threads and that of others here, let us see what happens in the end .
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by omnislife(m): 2:23am On Jul 28, 2010
It's really frustrating when my replies keep disappearing.At the very least i should be informed as to what i'm doing wrong and how i can change that.I think it unnecessary to have different user I.D's all over the place.
Thank you

P.S:i've read the rules time and time again and i don't think i have any problems with that.
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by dominique(f): 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2010
omnislife:

It's really frustrating when my replies keep disappearing.At the very least i should be informed as to what i'm doing wrong and how i can change that.I think it unnecessary to have different user I.D's all over the place.
Thank you

P.S:i've read the rules time and time again and i don't think i have any problems with that.

i don't know why the spam bots choose to pick on certain people. don't worry, with time they will stop picking on your posts. Romeo4real used to have similar problems with the bots, now his posts don't go missing anymore.
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by Manofsteel(m): 11:56pm On Jul 28, 2010
Omnislife
I dont expect u believe that half -baked excuse. The notion that Spambots now have human emotions like FEAR and HATE is ludicrous. There must be a change of habits here and if not a total change of personnel. It is hightime users here were shown a little respect. If nairaland is meant only for friends and buddies of the moderator and admin they should let us know. If not these non-progressive practices must stop or the people behind them removed.
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by Seun(m): 9:41am On Aug 05, 2010
The antispam bot is keyword-based.  If it thinks a particular word is spam-like it will continue banning all posts that use that word until it's corrected by a human being i.e. me.   I've not trusted anyone to help out, so I tend to be the bottleneck.

I think the real people to blame are the spammers who keep posting their crap everywhere. If not for them we would not have an automated antispam system.
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by tanks: 9:57am On Aug 05, 2010
Hi, Ojebird8,
I saw your question, and my answer to your question is thanksgiving in the church, because a new child is coming to the world.
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by Manofsteel(m): 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2010
Thanks Seun for the reply.
The spambot is no doubt a problem but I was led to believe my missing posts were as a result of deliberate and malicious intent of at least one person in the back room for the following reasons:
- On more than 3 occaisions when my post/thread disappeared i got an automated message stating it had been moved by 'Dominique'.
- I do not experience 'missing posts' on other sections.
- The reason the moderator gave for the last 'disapperance' wasn't a valid one.
If im mistaken, i apologise to the moderator and hope this 'glitch' in the spambot is rectified to avoid further undue attacks on her.
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 06, 2010
pls help save a life, my last unprotected sex resulted in an std.my part scratches me a lot.its d 1st time i'm experiencing this.i cant help but to continue scratching and its disturbing my skin around my private part.its been 3weeks now.
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 10, 2010
pls help. hav contacted sth dat makes me to scratch my private part hard such dat i may pill my skin.
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by Romeo4real(m): 4:34pm On Sep 05, 2010
@Dominique -

Romeo4real used to have similar problems with the bots, now his posts don't go missing anymore.
I think you spoke to soon. They have started again. I am now missing 2 posts on 2 different threads!
Also, it seems there is a problem with notifications. Ive not changed any settings, and on checking them, they seem to be fine. However, i do not receive any notifications anymore.
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by Sissy3(f): 4:51am On Sep 19, 2010
ok
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by dominique(f): 2:34pm On Sep 20, 2010
@ all
sorry, i've not been consistent like before. the internet connection in my new location is  not so encouraging. most of the time i surf on phone and thats not encouraging either sad. i hope to have it sorted out ASAP

@Romeo
i'll really appreciate if you can just post the link of the missing posts or just the thread title where your posts went missing. its a bit tedious trying to locate them. i've reported the ones i could find.

@sissy
i've taken care of it, pls edit your post wink
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by Romeo4rea1: 12:14am On Sep 21, 2010
@Dominique -
Dont worry about the old posts, have a much bigger problem. My posting privileges have been suspended for posting on the thread below. Please help me sort it out. Dont know how the spambot works, but something really has to change, and FAST! Maybe we should be given a list of words that the oversensitive spambots do not like, so we can avoid them?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-515986.32.html#msg6789940
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by dominique(f): 8:46am On Sep 24, 2010
@romeo4real
i'm afraid there's not much i can do cos there's no ISP in my new area. I surf the net with my phone and it has a lot of restrictions. If your id is still blocked, i suggest you call any moderator's attention on the nairaland section. Let me know how it goes.
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by JimmyWei(f): 6:51am On Sep 28, 2010
How can I post my topic here, I'm mew and visit this forum for the first time.
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by dominique(f): 3:32pm On Oct 26, 2010
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by Romeo4rea1: 9:54pm On Oct 28, 2010
Hello Dominique, they have started again! - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-282744.768.html
How are u anyway?

Romeo4real
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by dominique(f): 11:11am On Oct 29, 2010
i'm doing good. i've reported the missing post to the admin.

cheers.
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by wizdomuche: 10:37am On Dec 03, 2010
HI moderator i notice that 4 of my post was moved 1 pimples 2 Osteoporosis 3 Erysipelas i have forgotten the last one pls what do i do thanks
Re: Health Section Guidelines And Complaints Thread- by Mobinga: 2:30pm On Dec 28, 2010
Why is there a funny poll on this thread?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18)

Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It / 14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria, Totalling 111 Confirmed Cases / Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.